Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,343 members, 7,819,206 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:45 PM

Pastor Chris : How To.know Who To Marry - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Chris : How To.know Who To Marry (8029 Views)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Gets Jet Plane Gift From Loveworld Music & Arts Group / Sharon Oyakhilome Engaged To Her Fiance ( Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Daughter ) / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Arrives Benin, Set For Higher Life Conference 2017(PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Chris : How To.know Who To Marry by Workch: 8:28pm On Oct 06, 2021
achorladey:

Why will a happily married person need advise or listen to it from a sad married person.
That is strawman.
The topic is categorically addressing why a man with a failed marriage is not in the best position to give marriage advice.

It’s beyond me how a “sad married person” got into the discussion.
Re: Pastor Chris : How To.know Who To Marry by achorladey: 8:33pm On Oct 06, 2021
Workch:
That is strawman.
The topic is categorically addressing why a man with a failed marriage is not in the best position to give marriage advice.

It’s beyond me how a “sad married person” got into the discussion.

Make I tell you too

It is beyond me too how a happily married person is seeking advise from a failed married persongrin grin

Go back to the illustration you used initially and correct it accordingly and do well to read the title of this thread once again.
Re: Pastor Chris : How To.know Who To Marry by Workch: 8:37pm On Oct 06, 2021
achorladey:

Make I tell you too

It is beyond me too how a happily married person is seeking advise from a failed married persongrin grin

Go back to the illustration you used initially and correct it accordingly and do well to read the title of this thread once again.
Dont you think we are saying the same thing and you should be the person to go back and understand my initial post?

I think you rushed to reply it without carefully seeing that I was making an analogy with respect to why a man with a failed married cannot talk to others about marriage.
Re: Pastor Chris : How To.know Who To Marry by achorladey: 8:41pm On Oct 06, 2021
Workch:
Dont you think we are saying the same thing and you should be the person to go back and understand my initial post?

I think you rushed to reply it without carefully seeing that I was making an analogy with respect to why a man with a failed married cannot talk to others about marriage.

Here you are

like allowing an undergraduate physics dropout to lecture master’s degree students in physics..... Workch

1. Undergraduate drop out and masters degree students

2. Married individual with years of experience and divorce with one not married and still looking for a marriage partner.
Re: Pastor Chris : How To.know Who To Marry by Workch: 8:46pm On Oct 06, 2021
achorladey:

Here you are

like allowing an undergraduate physics dropout to lecture master’s degree students in physics..... Workch

1. Undergraduate drop out and masters degree students

2. Married individual with years of experience and divorce with one not married and still looking for a marriage partner.

A divorcee should go and remarry to show that he has what it takes to keep a woman. Such person cannot talk to people who are keeping their woman unless he proves that he can actually keep a woman himself.

It’s not a must to talk about marriage in your ministry, it’s okay to always focus on your strength than weakness.

A divorcee, is a typical example a dropout undergraduate. An unmarried person is equivalent to someone who has never been admitted to study in the university.

Both of them cannot lecture masters students

Hope you get?
Re: Pastor Chris : How To.know Who To Marry by achorladey: 8:52pm On Oct 06, 2021
Workch:
A divorcee should go and remarry to show that he has what it takes to keep a woman. Such person cannot talk to people who are keeping their woman unless he proves that he can actually keep a woman himself.

It’s not a must to talk about marriage in your ministry, it’s okay to always focus on your strength than weakness.

A divorcee, is a typical example a dropout undergraduate. An unmarried person is equivalent to someone who has never been admitted to study in the university.

Both of them cannot lecture masters students

Hope you get?

Here you are again

1. A divorcee, is a typical example a dropout undergraduate. An unmarried person is equivalent to someone who has never been admitted to study in the university.... Workch

2. like allowing an undergraduate physics dropout to lecture master’s degree students in physics..... Workch

Atleast you should agree I understand your point the first time. Yes or No

From the 1 that dropouts despite being a dropout still has something that the never been admitted don't have and we don't have to start looking at the technicalities involved in being a dropout.

You agree?
Re: Pastor Chris : How To.know Who To Marry by Workch: 8:56pm On Oct 06, 2021
achorladey:

Here you are again

1. A divorcee, is a typical example a dropout undergraduate. An unmarried person is equivalent to someone who has never been admitted to study in the university.... Workch

2. like allowing an undergraduate physics dropout to lecture master’s degree students in physics..... Workch

Atleast you should agree I understand your point the first time. Yes or No

From the 1 that dropouts despite being a dropout still has something[b] that the never been admitted[/b] don't have.

You agree?

Yes I agree that a dropout has something more than a never admitted person but that’s a strawman.

The original argument is whether a divorcee can coach married people on marital issues.

But you created a new topic by inferring that a divorcee is more experienced in marriage than a Bachelor in that regard.

Learn to stay Inline with the argument. I have read most of your comments on this thread, I think you are an expert strawman.

Re: Pastor Chris : How To.know Who To Marry by achorladey: 9:03pm On Oct 06, 2021
Workch:
Yes I agree that a dropout has something more than a never admitted person but that’s a strawman.

The original argument is whether a divorcee can coach married people on marital issues.

But you created a new topic by saying a divorcee is more experienced in marriage than a Bachelor in that regard.

Learn to stay Inline with the argument. I have read most of your comments on this thread, I think you are an expert strawman.

Yes I agree that a dropout has something more than a never admitted but that a strawman..... Workch

Good for you that you agree.

The original argument is whether a divorcee can coach married people on marital issues.........Workch

Refer back to the topic of this thread.

But you created a new topic by saying a divorcee is more experience in marriage than a Bachelor.....Workch

I am still on the original topic and I haven't deviated at all.

Learn to stay Inline with the argument. I have read most of your comments on this thread, I think you are an expert strawman....Workch

I will advise that you look before you leap and leave strawman for one side.
Re: Pastor Chris : How To.know Who To Marry by Workch: 9:06pm On Oct 06, 2021
achorladey:

Yes I agree that a dropout has something more than a never admitted but that a strawman..... Workch

Good for you that you agree.

The original argument is whether a divorcee can coach married people on marital issues.........Workch

Refer back to the topic of this thread.

But you created a new topic by saying a divorcee is more experience in marriage than a Bachelor.....Workch

I am still on the original topic and I haven't deviated at all.

Learn to stay Inline with the argument. I have read most of your comments on this thread, I think you are an expert strawman....Workch

I will advise that you look before you leap.
I have not made any comment on the original topic of the thread, I replied a specific comment.

And then we started a conversation where you have attacked the strawman twice.

I agree that the comment I replied derailed the thread but I wasn’t interested in the op but I replied a specific post. I’m not going to following to and fro in attacking the straw man.
Re: Pastor Chris : How To.know Who To Marry by Workch: 9:09pm On Oct 06, 2021
achorladey:
So where did the bible say . if your wife leaves you . you cannot do ministry...... Petra

Answer: The Bible says Christians must honour their wives.

In reality no where it is said in the Bible that a man that leaves his wife should not minister. grin grin
In this comment is another strawman.

The original questions is “where did the Bible say if your wife leaves you, you cannot do ministry?”

Your answer “The bibles says Christians must honor their wives”. This is another topic entirely and it didn’t even address the question.

It’s strawman. I don’t know how the argument started but it’s strawman by anyone who made it
Re: Pastor Chris : How To.know Who To Marry by AABBIIMM(m): 9:10pm On Oct 06, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

The man and his wife vowed to stay together come what may so Jesus said they must not separate no matter what happens! Matthew 19:3-9
Chris should have fought to keep his marriage, he himself woo the woman before they marry so he should have used the same sense to calm her down not allow her to go.
For that to have happened he is not in the position to counsel others regarding a successful marriage! smiley
You're so wrong. In the book of revelation, didn't you see Jesus' messages to the angels of the churches, were those shepherds totally perfect without errors? absolutely no. But does that nullify their positional authority to receive from the Lord and teach the body of Christ within their domain, the answer is still no.
So, if a man of God is teaching based on God's leading and with scriptural proofs, such should be received without a bias mind irrespective of what's happening physically.
Re: Pastor Chris : How To.know Who To Marry by DappaD: 9:10pm On Oct 06, 2021
Maestro21:

1.That Moses married a woman by the law - that he should not have?

2. That Moses sent away his first wife?

1. Do you know that servants of God in the past before Moses used to select marriage mates amongst those who worshiped and respected God? Genesis 24:4
In that light, was Jethro the father of Zipporah one who honoured the true God or not? Exodus 18:10
Which suggests that the household likewise did the same?

Moreover I fail to see how this has any relevance to what I asked—it would rather suggest that you think Moses violated some law and that the jerry-curled clown posing as a pastor can get away with something that Moses wasn’t guilty of?

2. In what portion of the Bible did you get to know that Moses sent away Zipporah ?
Re: Pastor Chris : How To.know Who To Marry by achorladey: 9:14pm On Oct 06, 2021
Workch:
I have not made any comment on the original topic of the thread, I replied a specific comment.

And then we started a conversation where you have attacked the strawman twice.

I agree that the comment I replied derailed the thread but I wasn’t interested in the op but I replied a specific post. I’m not going to following to and fro in attacking the straw man.

I have not made any comment on the original topic of the thread, I replied a specific comment......Workch

Whatever you choose to do is within your right and freedom.

And then we started a conversation where you have attacked the strawman twice.......Workch

I responded by making sure I understand your point of view even asked you to check your initial post and raised questions hoping you will get my sense of direction right. Yet you went ahead by restating your stands of which I was able to explain to make you see we are not on same wavelength.

Whatever you choose to do is within your power and right. I am not a regulator of what you do on this platform.
Re: Pastor Chris : How To.know Who To Marry by achorladey: 9:20pm On Oct 06, 2021
Workch:
In this comment is another strawman.

The original questions is “where did the Bible say if your wife leaves you, you cannot do ministry?”

Your answer “The bibles says Christians must honor their wives”. This is another topic entirely and it didn’t even address the question.

It’s strawman. I don’t know how the argument started but it’s strawman by anyone who made it

See ehn Workch you will have to fara bale daadaa and read the conversation here.

Or better to leave it at...... I don't know how the argument started
Re: Pastor Chris : How To.know Who To Marry by DappaD: 9:23pm On Oct 06, 2021
petra1:

He said if a wife leaves a man the man is a failure and if he is a minister. He has no business teaching people.
got his attention to the fact that a minister teaches by the anointing of God and not personal exoerience.

One of the qualifications of a man taking the lead in the gathering of his fellow believers is that he should set a good example. Perhaps you would do yourself a lot of good by going over those requirements at 1Timothy chapter 3 and pay attention to verse 5.

Moses through who the Law came once had marital issues. His wife left him after the circumcision Saga. he took another wife against scriptures and married a non jew as second wife.

Do you have some other Bible where these things are stated therein? Because as far as I’m concerned, all of what you just typed here is not found nor is the reasoning conveyed in any respected Bible translation.

our friend argued that moses was not a teacher. and i made him understand moses was law giver , teacher , judge yet whatever personal experience doesn change his calling in God. a minister teach by the word.

That “our friend” is my brother in the faith. See, Moses has no business standing as mediator between God and men if he didn’t adhere to high moral standards that’s why he was chastised by God when he displayed poor judgment(Numbers 20:13) so God did not bend the standards even for Moses.

All you have to know is that Moses never broke any law because he didn’t take a second wife! That’s just what you assume he did.
Re: Pastor Chris : How To.know Who To Marry by Maestro21: 9:33pm On Oct 06, 2021
DappaD:

1. Do you know that servants of God in the past before Moses used to select marriage mates amongst those who worshiped and respected God? Genesis 24:4
In that light, was Jethro the father of Zipporah one who honoured the true God or not? Exodus 18:10
Which suggests that the household likewise did the same?

Moreover I fail to see how this has any relevance to what I asked—it would rather suggest that you think Moses violated some law and that the jerry-curled clown posing as a pastor can get away with something that Moses wasn’t guilty of?

2. In what portion of the Bible did you get to know that Moses sent away Zipporah ?

I was about to make the mistake of educating you then I realized you are from the sect of the blind, dull, dumb and irreverent.

So I decided against it.

Bye.
Re: Pastor Chris : How To.know Who To Marry by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:36pm On Oct 06, 2021
AABBIIMM:
You're so wrong. In the book of revelation, didn't you see Jesus' messages to the angels of the churches, were those shepherds totally perfect without errors? absolutely no. But does that nullify their positional authority to receive from the Lord and teach the body of Christ within their domain, the answer is still no.
So, if a man of God is teaching based on God's leading and with scriptural proofs, such should be received without a bias mind irrespective of what's happening physically.

Christianity is not about fruitless arguments Sir! 1Timothy 6:4
Titus 3:9
Just address the below questions.
May you have PEACE!

MaxInDHouse:

Does it sound reasonable to register a child in a fashion school where the designer can't design his own dress?
Can you eat from a restaurant where the chef is not eating his own meal?
Can you learn driving from a driver who just had an accident?

The Holy Spirit will TEACH us {John 14:26} as we meditate thoroughly on the TRUTH (Bible) {John 17:17; Ephesians 6:17} you will know the TRUTH and if you're willing, the TRUTH will set you FREE from the misleading teachings of Pharisees who claims to be men of God! John 8:32 compare to 2Corinthians 11:12-15

May you have PEACE! smiley
Re: Pastor Chris : How To.know Who To Marry by Maestro21: 9:40pm On Oct 06, 2021
AABBIIMM:

Stop replying those ignoramuses. The more they read the bible, the more ignorant they sound.

Imagine Jesus being archangel Michael, yet, when he is showing John a revelation of the future, the same Jesus shows John a vision of archangel Michael and other angels under him, waging war with the devil. And John clearly knows that they are 2 distinct beings.

It is the same people who now want to teach people what christianity is or is not about.

Foolish people who do not know the extent of their folly.
Re: Pastor Chris : How To.know Who To Marry by AABBIIMM(m): 9:53pm On Oct 06, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Christianity is not about fruitless arguments Sir! 1Timothy 6:4
Titus 3:9
Just address the below questions.
May you have PEACE!

I already have PEACE, having being reconciled to God through Jesus' blood. I can only enjoy multiplied increase of Peace.
Was told not to reply you but I will for the last time.
I'm sure you know Eli the priest in the Bible, you could have equally argued that Eli wasn't in the best place to tutor little boy Samuel in Shiloh based on the evidences of Hophni and Phinehas.
I'm sure if you were to be Hannah's brother, you'd tell sister Hannah not to carry Samuel to Shiloh citing Eli's sons as reasons.
But, Samuel was raised in Shiloh by Eli, same Eli that had Hophni and Phinehas o.
Be the judge yourself.
Shalom

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris : How To.know Who To Marry by DappaD: 10:05pm On Oct 06, 2021
Maestro21:

I was about to make the mistake of educating you then I realized you are from the sect of the blind, dull, dumb and irreverent.
So I decided against it.
Bye.

Hian. See me and problem. Weren’t you the one who quoted me in the first place?
See person wey I no even send.
Re: Pastor Chris : How To.know Who To Marry by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:15pm On Oct 06, 2021
Workch:

Allowing someone with failed marriage to lecture others about marriage is like allowing an undergraduate physics dropout to lecture master’s degree students in physics.

When i told you that the one and only Christian group is JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES Organization i know you must have wondered "why is this man is talking like this?"

Well the real intention of those trying to portray evil as good {Isaiah 5:20} is obvious, they are the workers of iniquity Jesus foretold in the Bible {Matthew 7:21-23} they openly declared they know God but deny Him by their works! 2Timothy 3:5

Ordinarily a layman even without any biblical knowledge can SEE the point you're making.
Someone who failed in marriage is not qualified to counsel others about marriage.
Simple as ABC.

The bone of contention is not the truth rather it's countering the group claiming they know it all, so once your line of thought harmonizes with that of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES you will be attacked even if what you're saying is right! smiley

Note that none of these people will ever enrol their child in the school where the head teacher himself failed, but since it's a collective effort to criticize JWs they're ready to throw away their conscience! Exodus 23:1-2

That's why JEHOVAH refer to them as EVILDOERS {Psalms 37:9} for they're battle prepared to support LAWLESSNESS! smiley

But ask them about Buhari's performance as the head of government, you'll see them write epistles on why the man should be sent parking out of the government house! grin
Re: Pastor Chris : How To.know Who To Marry by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:22pm On Oct 06, 2021
AABBIIMM:
I already have PEACE, having being reconciled to God through Jesus' blood. I can only enjoy multiplied increase of Peace.
I'm sure you know Eli the priest in the Bible, you could have equally argued that Eli wasn't in the best place to tutor little boy Samuel in Shiloh based on the evidences of Hophni and Phinehas.
I'm sure if you were to be Hannah's brother, you'd tell sister Hannah not to carry Samuel to Shiloh citing Eli's sons as reasons.
But, Samuel was raised in Shiloh by Eli, same Eli that had Hophni and Phinehas o.
Be the judge yourself.
Shalom

Samuel was raised in the house of JEHOVAH where God's law is read day and night so it's not Eli's doing rather the boy Samuel chose to be God fearing.
And as for Hannah taking the boy to the temple, note that she made the vow before conception so nothing can stop her from fulfilling her vows to the God who heard her cries when Eli misconstrued her for a drunkard.
So she never saw Samuel as a boy to be trained by Eli but one taught by JEHOVAH in God's own house! smiley
Re: Pastor Chris : How To.know Who To Marry by petra1(m): 10:51pm On Oct 06, 2021
DappaD:

All you have to know is that Moses never broke any law because he didn’t take a second wife! That’s just what you assume he did.

Numbers 12:1 (NKJV)
​1 Then Miriam and Aaron spoke against Moses because of the Ethiopian woman whom he had married; for he had married an Ethiopian woman.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris : How To.know Who To Marry by Maestro21: 10:54pm On Oct 06, 2021
DappaD:

Hian. See me and problem. Weren’t you the one who quoted me in the first place?
See person wey I no even send.

I quoted you before I knew you were a dummy. An unfortunate one with no bearing in life just like most JWits are.
Re: Pastor Chris : How To.know Who To Marry by DappaD: 12:45am On Oct 07, 2021
petra1:

Numbers 12:1 (NKJV)
​1 Then Miriam and Aaron spoke against Moses because of the Ethiopian woman whom he had married; for he had married an Ethiopian woman.

Other translations put it this way.

“Miriam and Aaron began to talk against Moses because of his Cushite wife, for he had married a Cushite.”—New International Version

“Miriam and Aaron spoke against Moses because of the Cushite woman whom he had married, for he had married a Cushite woman”—English Standard Version

“Miriam and Aaron rebelled against Moses on account of the Cushite woman that he had married.”—International Standard Version

The above Scripture doesn’t say that Moses took a second wife. Let’s get the timeline straightened out.

While Moses was on his self-imposed exile, he married a woman(Zipporah) who was not even an Israelite to begin with(Exodus 2:21) so this is what suggests that it is the same woman mentioned at Numbers 12:1.

So where is the law that was being broken here? Like I said earlier, the father(Jethro) of his wife, honored the true God(Exodus 18:10) so the evidence that household followed suit is glaring.
After all, Rahab/Ruth were not Israelites yet they married Israelite men because they feared the true God(Compare Joshua 2:12, Ruth 1:16), this was the same with Zipporah as seen from her actions. Exodus 4:24-26

You also said Zipporah left him after this incident, so why was she still being called Moses’ wife at Exodus 18:2? Do you not know that according to chronology, the books of Exodus and Numbers were written one year apart?

Moreover, did you go over the 1Timothy 3:5 like I told you to? The reason is so you can dead the thought that those who minister before God can live wayward and morally debased lives with no one to hold them to account.
Re: Pastor Chris : How To.know Who To Marry by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:09am On Oct 07, 2021
Maestro21:

I quoted you before I knew you were a dummy. An unfortunate one with no bearing in life just like most JWits are.

Beautiful and upbuilding comment from one of our neighbours who also claims to be a Christian! Luke 6:45

When talking about God's word the taught ones will prove to be the children of their own father {Matthew 5:11-12} while the uncultured will also suffice with the manner of their own father! John 8:44
Re: Pastor Chris : How To.know Who To Marry by petra1(m): 11:04am On Oct 07, 2021
DappaD:

Other translations put it this way.
“Miriam and Aaron began to talk against Moses because of his Cushite wife, for he had married a Cushite.”—New International Version

it doesn't matter the translation. Moses divorced the wife after she insulted him calling him bloodly husband.

Exo 4:25 — Exo 4:26
25 Then Zipporah took a sharp stone, and cut off the foreskin of her son, and cast it at his feet, and said, Surely a bloody husband art thou to me. 26 So he let him go: then she said, A bloody husband thou art, because of the circumcision.

The bible says Moses Sent her back or sent her away . some translations righty rendered it

Exodus 18:2 (BBE)
2 And Jethro, Moses' father-in-law, took Zipporah, Moses' wife, after he had sent her away,

You may kindly check it out in strongs Hebrew dictionary. it means Divorce

(Olive Tree Enhanced Strong's Dictionary)
h7964. שִׁלּוּחַ šillûaḥ; or שִׁלֻּחַ shilluach; from 7971; (only in plural) a dismissal, i.e. (of a wife)
divorce (especially the document); also (of a daughter)

So dilligent study on the passage shows He divorced her. Other books and manuscripts like the book of Jasher throws more light on his Divorce

You also said Zipporah left him after this incident, so why was she still being called Moses’ wife at Exodus 18:2?

The Father inlaw intervened and brought about reconciliation

While Moses was on his self-imposed exile, he married a woman(Zipporah) who was not even an Israelite to begin with(Exodus 2:21) so this is what suggests that it is the same woman mentioned at Numbers 12:1.

Definately not thesame woman. The Cushite Ethiopian woman is a new wife. why would Aaron complained of Moses Marrying a non Jew. He married Marian when there was no law. Nobody complained but he married the cushite against the law hence the complain. Ask yourself why would they complained of a Marian being a non jew many years after marriage and bearing children. it doesnt make sense. Its the new Gentile wife that was unconstitutional.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris : How To.know Who To Marry by achorladey: 11:50am On Oct 07, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Beautiful and upbuilding comment from one of our neighbours who also claims to be a Christian! Luke 6:45

When talking about God's word the taught ones will prove to be the children of their own father {Matthew 5:11-12} while the uncultured will also suffice with the manner of their own father! John 8:44

When your darling brother Dappa call us hobnockers. He still remains your beautiful brother with upbuilding commentgrin grin

while the uncultured will also suffice with the manner of their own father.... MaxInDHouse

This is where you need that Matthew 7:1-4 grin grin when you go about calling others ASIERE, ASINWIN, INSANE, MAD grin grin your the best cultured example of Jesus followers grin grin. Na your way.
Re: Pastor Chris : How To.know Who To Marry by achorladey: 12:38pm On Oct 07, 2021
AABBIIMM:
Be the judge yourself.
Shalom

Wahala who go give headteacher pikin to teach when im own pikin no know book and those pikin dey heavily corruptgrin grin

He will still corner this your example captured in your post to something else. grin grin
Re: Pastor Chris : How To.know Who To Marry by achorladey: 1:03pm On Oct 07, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Samuel was raised in the house of JEHOVAH where God's law is read day and night so it's not Eli's doing rather the boy Samuel chose to be God fearing.
And as for Hannah taking the boy to the temple, note that she made the vow before conception so nothing can stop her from fulfilling her vows to the God who heard her cries when Eli misconstrued her for a drunkard.
So she never saw Samuel as a boy to be trained by Eli but one taught by JEHOVAH in God's own house! smiley

Corner corner na your way.

12 Eli’s sons were scoundrels grin; they had no regard for the Lord. 13 Now it was the practice of the priests that, whenever any of the people offered a sacrifice, the priest’s servant would come with a three-pronged fork in his hand while the meat was being boiled 14 and would plunge the fork into the pan or kettle or caldron or pot. Whatever the fork brought up the priest would take for himself. This is how they treated all the Israelites who came to Shiloh. 15 But even before the fat was burned, the priest’s servant would come and say to the person who was sacrificing, “Give the priest some meat to roast; he won’t accept boiled meat from you, but only raw.”

16 If the person said to him, “Let the fat be burned first, and then take whatever you want,” the servant would answer, “No, hand it over now; if you don’t, I’ll take it by force.”

17 This sin of the young men was very great in the Lord’s sight, for they[b] were treating the Lord’s offering with contempt.

18 But Samuel was ministering before the Lord—a boy wearing a linen ephod. 19 Each year his mother made him a little robe and took it to him when she went up with her husband to offer the annual sacrifice. 20 Eli would bless Elkanah and his wife grin, saying, “May the Lord give you children by this woman to take the place of the one she prayed for and gave to[c] the Lord.” Then they would go home. 21 And the Lord was gracious to Hannah; she gave birth to three sons and two daughters cheesy. Meanwhile, the boy Samuel grew up in the presence of the Lord.

22 Now Eli, who was very old, heard about everything his sons were doing to all Israel and how they slept with the women who served at the entrance to the tent of meeting. 23 So he said to them, “Why do you do such things? I hear from all the people about these wicked deeds of yours. 24 No, my sons; the report I hear spreading among the Lord’s people is not good. 25 If one person sins against another, God[d] may mediate for the offender; but if anyone sins against the Lord, who will intercede for them?” His sons, however, did not listen to their father’s rebuke, for it was the Lord’s will to put them to death.

26 And the boy Samuel continued to grow in stature and in favor with the Lord and with people.

Your Jehovah still answers the prayer of the headmaster sorry priest concerning Hannah over having more children despite the waywardness of the headmaster's children. The headmaster sorry priest didn't stop there he still went ahead to teach and try correct his sons to do the right thing or suffer the consequences of the wrong they are doing.

Going by your presentation so far, This headmaster sorry priest na failure in upbringing of children. Yet the next great prophet out of Israel came through his TUTELAGE grin grin

The boy Samuel ministered before the Lord under Eli. In those days the word of the Lord was rare; there were not many visions.

Samuel did not yet know the Lord: The word of the Lord had not yet been revealed to him.

8 A third time the Lord called, “Samuel!” And Samuel got up and went to Eli and said, “Here I am; you called me.”

Then Eli realized that the Lord was calling the boy. 9 So Eli told Samuel, “Go and lie down, and if he calls you, say, ‘Speak, Lord, for your servant is listening.’” So Samuel went and lay down in his place.

10 The Lord came and stood there, calling as at the other times, “Samuel! Samuel!”

Then Samuel said, “Speak, for your servant is listening.”

11 And the Lord said to Samuel: “See, I am about to do something in Israel that will make the ears of everyone who hears about it tingle.

Oga MaxInDHouse who taught Samuel how to respond to your Jehovah when he(Jehovah) calls? grin grin

If you like continue your corner corner grin
Re: Pastor Chris : How To.know Who To Marry by DappaD: 2:23pm On Oct 07, 2021
Your claim was that Moses divorced Zipporah, meanwhile the same Exodus chapter 18 and verse 5, says that Jethro brought back Zipporah to him at the mountain, Moses even called her “his wife” not “ex wife” after they were temporarily separated(given that Zipporah did not accompany Moses to Egypt).

A man divorces the daughter of another man, and the next thing you see is that man inviting the former husband of his daughter to a feast. If they were divorced, would that have happened? Would he have been of assistance to Moses in judging cases in Israel?
Think man!

One more reason why your thought process is flawed is that Numbers 10:29 still refers to Reuel/Jethro as the father-in-law of Moses, long after that circumcision issue. So why is that the case if Moses had divorced Zipporah?

I’m still waiting for you to quote 1Timothy 3:5 let us see how it fits into your theory that one who ministers before God shouldn’t be held to account for conduct in his personal life.
The jerry-curled clown is just one those persons Jesus referred to as men who impose heavy loads on others but are not willing to apply such things to themselves. Matthew 23:2-4

petra1:

it doesn't matter the translation. Moses divorced the wife after she insulted him calling him bloodly husband.
Exo 4:25 — Exo 4:26
25 Then Zipporah took a sharp stone, and cut off the foreskin of her son, and cast it at his feet, and said, Surely a bloody husband art thou to me. 26 So he let him go: then she said, A bloody husband thou art, because of the circumcision.

The bible says Moses Sent her back or sent her away . some translations righty rendered it
Exodus 18:2 (BBE)
2 And Jethro, Moses' father-in-law, took Zipporah, Moses' wife, after he had sent her away,

You may kindly check it out in strongs Hebrew dictionary. it means Divorce
(Olive Tree Enhanced Strong's Dictionary)
h7964. שִׁלּוּחַ šillûaḥ; or שִׁלֻּחַ shilluach; from 7971; (only in plural) a dismissal, i.e. (of a wife)
divorce (especially the document); also (of a daughter)
So dilligent study on the passage shows He divorced her. Other books and manuscripts like the book of Jasher throws more light on his Divorce
The Father inlaw intervened and brought about reconciliation
Definately not thesame woman. The Cushite Ethiopian woman is a new wife. why would Aaron complained of Moses Marrying a non Jew. He married Marian when there was no law. Nobody complained but he married the cushite against the law hence the complain. Ask yourself why would they complained of a Marian being a non jew many years after marriage and bearing children. it doesnt make sense. Its the new Gentile wife that was unconstitutional.

Re: Pastor Chris : How To.know Who To Marry by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:54pm On Oct 07, 2021
When i called out Chris on this topic i never thought people can go this far, trying to make lawlessness look good.
Chris is the cause of the breakup in his marriage so he is not qualified to teach others about marriage!
The useless masturbator can't expect a sound woman to meet up with his dirty habit because masturbation is cheating on it's own.
He is supposed to share those moments with his wife not practicing such lust only to satisfy himself as that will keep the woman unattended to since Chris has gotten the satisfaction elsewhere through masturbation!

DappaD:
Your claim was that Moses divorced Zipporah, meanwhile the same Exodus chapter 18 and verse 5, says that Jethro brought back Zipporah to him at the mountain, Moses even called her “his wife” not “ex wife” after they were temporarily separated(given that Zipporah did not accompany Moses to Egypt).

A man divorces the daughter of another man, and the next thing you see is that man inviting the former husband of his daughter to a feast. If they were divorced, would that have happened? Would he have been of assistance to Moses in judging cases in Israel?
Think man!

One more reason why your thought process is flawed is that Numbers 10:29 still refers to Reuel/Jethro as the father-in-law of Moses, long after that circumcision issue. So why is that the case if Moses had divorced Zipporah?

I’m still waiting for you to quote 1Timothy 3:5 let us see how it fits into your theory that one who ministers before God shouldn’t be held to account for conduct in his personal life.
The jerry-curled clown is just one those persons Jesus referred to as men who impose heavy loads on others but are not willing to apply such things to themselves. Matthew 23:2-4

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Foot Fetish Pope Kisses Muslim Girl's ... (Photo + Video!) / The Great Debate- Is God Alive?..atheism Vs Religion / Why Do Married Folk See A Pastor For Every Little Disagreement?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.