Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,134 members, 7,814,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

How American Media Reported Wizkid's Show VS Nigerian Media (Pictures) - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / How American Media Reported Wizkid's Show VS Nigerian Media (Pictures) (57777 Views)

'Nigeria Will Stress you' - Davido's Faces On His American Vs Nigerian Passports / Kemi Olunloyo Advises Zlatan: Don't Discuss Your EFCC Case With Nigerian Media / Clash Of Date With Wizkid’s Show Can’t Affect Mine – Olamide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How American Media Reported Wizkid's Show VS Nigerian Media (Pictures) by Educationalserv: 9:52am On Sep 17, 2021
WizkidNews:
Why are Nigerian media so backward?
it the useless new media called sahara reporter . It now called black bellee or blackmail media .
Re: How American Media Reported Wizkid's Show VS Nigerian Media (Pictures) by Aidejay(m): 9:57am On Sep 17, 2021
I don't understand why sahara reporters used that headline.
They most likely did it go gain clicks and reactions which they succeeded in doing.
And this is why naija artists have been turning down local media outlets for interviews and press features.
I know of about 3 artists now that have decided to no longer work with any naija media org.
That headline was sooo! Terrible. They didn't even try to highlight the successes of the tour they just picked a narrative and round up the whole thing. Is that journalism
Re: How American Media Reported Wizkid's Show VS Nigerian Media (Pictures) by obailala(m): 9:58am On Sep 17, 2021
There's nothing wrong with what SR reported, if it's the truth.

1 Like

Re: How American Media Reported Wizkid's Show VS Nigerian Media (Pictures) by Aidejay(m): 10:00am On Sep 17, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

When did the truth become unprofessional?

If a little known American country singer came to Nigeria, would you be interested to know who among his crew didn't get a visa? Or would you be more interested in him if he were praised as the next best person taking the stage? Wouldn't he pay Nigerian press to report good things about him so that you'll buy his tickets?

so the sold out tickets and fully packed venues are a flop because wizkid didn't pay sahara reporters? How is that professionalism, is that what journalism has become.
Re: How American Media Reported Wizkid's Show VS Nigerian Media (Pictures) by 27Pushing30: 10:04am On Sep 17, 2021
deolurexy1:
One said facts, the other made a sensational reporting.

True to their form... how a tour could flop over crew members is shocking

1 Like

Re: How American Media Reported Wizkid's Show VS Nigerian Media (Pictures) by Aidejay(m): 10:06am On Sep 17, 2021
27Pushing30:

True to their form... how a tour could flop over crew members is shocking
grin you can imagine. Over body-guard and saxophonist. They didn't talk about the shows, or the venues or the reviews. What type of journalism is this.
Re: How American Media Reported Wizkid's Show VS Nigerian Media (Pictures) by Goldenfinger: 10:28am On Sep 17, 2021
Sharpchoice3:
. Get a professional business or company logo design done for just 3k only and get all the following files of your logo;

1, High quality 3D logo
2, Transparent background logo for watermark
3, Plain logo that can be used for letterhead, business card, Id card etc
4, Pdf copy of your logo.
Call/WhatsApp me via the number on the image below.
The link to my WhatsApp is in my signature
.. check mine out, I try abi... I did all that with my mobile phone... You can be sharing small small work with me even though na 1k reach my hand I go manage am

Re: How American Media Reported Wizkid's Show VS Nigerian Media (Pictures) by deltateam: 10:45am On Sep 17, 2021
WizkidNews:
American magazine 'VIBE' report:
The man that is taking Afrobeats around the world, comes to New York and sets the stage ablaze.

He left the Brooklyn crowd wanting for nothing in his effort of giving energy for three hours with his longtime sound selector, DJ Tunez. With Afrobeats becoming more and more of a dominant sound, Wizkid is currently embarked on his first full worldwide tour, hitting London as well. But the young king was focused on the show at hand with high energy and crowd engagement while they sang “Show Me The Money” word for word.

In a strong showing of his star power, Wizkid didn’t have any openers for his show. He did have an incredible list of celebrity guests that came to enjoy the night: Jidenna, Vic Mensa, King Promise, Paedae of R2Bees, Winnie Harlow, Swizz Beatz, Leomie Anderson, Joan Smalls, Nana Kwabena, KDDO (formally known as Kiddominant), LAX, and Tunji Balogun newly appointed CEO of Def Jam (responsible for Wizkid signing to RCA in 2016).

For the height of showmanship, the crowd lit their phones up during the performance of “Smile,” and the quick rendition of “Killing Me Softly”—which transitioned into “Blessed”—was epic. Starboy FC came out in full force with Nigerian flags waving high. Wiz rocked a slightly burnt rustic orange outfit styled by Karen Binns.
https://www.vibe.com/news/events/wizkid-brooklyn-tour-stop-1234628364/

Meanwhile sahara reporters report:
Wizkid's show flops because the crew members including his personal stylist and bodyguard are held down in Lagos over their inability to secure a date for an interview at the US Embassy.

http://saharareporters.com/2021/09/14/nigerian-music-star-wizkid%E2%80%99s-us-tour-flops-american-embassy-lagos-delays-visa-appointment

Awon witches and wizards. Pull him down syndrome.

1 Like

Re: How American Media Reported Wizkid's Show VS Nigerian Media (Pictures) by fredoooooo: 11:11am On Sep 17, 2021
Political media and Music media ... its a 2 different world and views.

Sir liar reporters is obsessed with Bad news and seeing everything negative ... not surprised.
Re: How American Media Reported Wizkid's Show VS Nigerian Media (Pictures) by guccimilan(m): 11:11am On Sep 17, 2021
What do you expect from people trained by lair Mohammed?���
Re: How American Media Reported Wizkid's Show VS Nigerian Media (Pictures) by BRATISLAVA: 11:12am On Sep 17, 2021
Aidejay:
so the sold out tickets and fully packed venues are a flop because wizkid didn't pay sahara reporters? How is that professionalism, is that what journalism has become.

Where was it stated that they gave the report because they weren't paid?

One is an investigative outlet, the other is a music promotion magazine. Go figure what each will publish.
Re: How American Media Reported Wizkid's Show VS Nigerian Media (Pictures) by BRATISLAVA: 11:14am On Sep 17, 2021
lkillbrokehoes:
Are you saying that wizkid bribed American press to say good things about him?

Are you thinking that he did? How many Americans would know him without that hype? Where does the hype come from? How many Nigerians know country musicians from Texas? If they wanted to feature in a Nigerian magazine for music, how do you think it will happen when there's no market for it?
Re: How American Media Reported Wizkid's Show VS Nigerian Media (Pictures) by Aidejay(m): 11:19am On Sep 17, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

Where was it stated that they gave the report because they weren't paid?

One is an investigative outlet, the other is a music promotion magazine. Go figure what each will publish.
I'm simply noting the professionalism or lack thereof of the report. If that is what investigative reporting has become, then!!!
Re: How American Media Reported Wizkid's Show VS Nigerian Media (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:34am On Sep 17, 2021
pauladonis:

Both headlines are optimized to get clicks.

It's not about backwardness.

Clicks and traffic is what makes money for the media, they don't care if they're telling you the truth or not.

American audience wouldn't care if it's not something new or refreshing like the next best thing in Afropop.

Here in Nigeria, nobody gives a flying frock what genre of music a celeb is singing, but you bet they'd click if the news is about how the celeb got embarrassed or disappointed.

It's the same thing with Messi and Ronaldo. Any news about Ronaldo is always reported negatively because his fans are easy to get clickbaited/triggered and his haters want to see him fail.
Messi gets positive reports because his fans are very agreeable and his haters get triggered easily.

In the end, it is what it is.

You're a wizard, my friend.

This is the first time I have seen someone accurately describe how media houses manipulate fans. Have a good day...

2 Likes

Re: How American Media Reported Wizkid's Show VS Nigerian Media (Pictures) by Forgodsgrace: 11:35am On Sep 17, 2021
The Nigeria media houses have been one of the major problems we have in this country.They are the one tarnishing the image of the country and that’s why we are regarded as fraudsters and the green passport does not have any value.
Re: How American Media Reported Wizkid's Show VS Nigerian Media (Pictures) by Lordnewton1(m): 11:40am On Sep 17, 2021
The Nigerian media makes enough money from negative news.

Wetin concern dem with good thing??
Re: How American Media Reported Wizkid's Show VS Nigerian Media (Pictures) by habsydiamond(m): 11:45am On Sep 17, 2021
Nigeria press still dey use English write epistle as if na dictionary dem dey write... Just see that one sentence from white magazine.. I don't need anyone to tell me them own the language.
Re: How American Media Reported Wizkid's Show VS Nigerian Media (Pictures) by uchennamani(m): 11:50am On Sep 17, 2021
WizkidNews:
They are not just backward, they lacked the necessary tools for news reporting. Stupid people.
Re: How American Media Reported Wizkid's Show VS Nigerian Media (Pictures) by PeachtreeReside(f): 12:21pm On Sep 17, 2021
Sahara Reporters are sour grapes.
Re: How American Media Reported Wizkid's Show VS Nigerian Media (Pictures) by Melanyn(m): 12:34pm On Sep 17, 2021
Clear for the Starboy...Machala to the world
Re: How American Media Reported Wizkid's Show VS Nigerian Media (Pictures) by Playermayweda(m): 12:38pm On Sep 17, 2021
pauladonis:

Both headlines are optimized to get clicks.

It's not about backwardness.

Clicks and traffic is what makes money for the media, they don't care if they're telling you the truth or not.

American audience wouldn't care if it's not something new or refreshing like the next best thing in Afropop.

Here in Nigeria, nobody gives a flying frock what genre of music a celeb is singing, but you bet they'd click if the news is about how the celeb got embarrassed or disappointed.

It's the same thing with Messi and Ronaldo. Any news about Ronaldo is always reported negatively because his fans are easy to get clickbaited/triggered and his haters want to see him fail.
Messi gets positive reports because his fans are very agreeable and his haters get triggered easily.

In the end, it is what it is.

Accurate asf, This man wisdom no go kill you grin grin

1 Like

Re: How American Media Reported Wizkid's Show VS Nigerian Media (Pictures) by mmsen: 12:51pm On Sep 17, 2021
That's one Nigerian publication that never has any positive news. That's an unfair comparison.
Re: How American Media Reported Wizkid's Show VS Nigerian Media (Pictures) by Orlu15(m): 1:36pm On Sep 17, 2021
WizkidNews:
What did you expect when you have a vegetable at the helms of Aso Rock, Everything Goes backward!!
Re: How American Media Reported Wizkid's Show VS Nigerian Media (Pictures) by lkillbrokehoes: 2:50pm On Sep 17, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

Are you thinking that he did? How many Americans would know him without that hype? Where does the hype come from? How many Nigerians know country musicians from Texas? If they wanted to feature in a Nigerian magazine for music, how do you think it will happen when there's no market for it?
It's obvious you like arguing, sorry I don't have the strength of typing epistle right now, we will argue about this some other time. cheers. cool
Re: How American Media Reported Wizkid's Show VS Nigerian Media (Pictures) by BRATISLAVA: 4:49pm On Sep 17, 2021
lkillbrokehoes:
It's obvious you like arguing, sorry I don't have the strength of typing epistle right now, we will argue about this some other time. cheers. cool

If you didn't like arguments, you wouldn't have started out on an assumption. That was your point, isn't it?
Re: How American Media Reported Wizkid's Show VS Nigerian Media (Pictures) by Tsamyavictor(m): 5:52pm On Sep 17, 2021
Media houses in Nigeria always wait and want to disseminate negative news. It actually hurt them to say positive or good things....
Re: How American Media Reported Wizkid's Show VS Nigerian Media (Pictures) by UltraSphinx(m): 6:00pm On Sep 17, 2021
Commentor:
No be Sahara reporters again?

E shock me say people still dey surprised

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How American Media Reported Wizkid's Show VS Nigerian Media (Pictures) by bewla(m): 10:33pm On Sep 17, 2021
WizkidNews:
But good in reporting death

Like they are made for it

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ikorodu Bois Freestyle Like Davido / DJ Cuppy's Look To Davido's #30BillionConcert Sparks Debate Online / Charlyboy Releases New Fierce Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.