Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,408 members, 7,815,900 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:33 PM

My First Experience Picking Up A Car From Tincan Port, Lagos To Port Harcourt - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My First Experience Picking Up A Car From Tincan Port, Lagos To Port Harcourt (20310 Views)

Guys Buy Car For Their Friend After Getting Tired Of Picking Him Up With Theirs / Durojaiye Kehinde Obasanjo: I Drove My Amphibious Car From Lagos To Abuja / Man Hangs ₦540million Super Car From The Ceiling Of His Apartment In U.S.(Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My First Experience Picking Up A Car From Tincan Port, Lagos To Port Harcourt by litaninja(m): 12:51pm On Sep 17, 2021
while You are partially right, it would take a whole lot of effort that you can't type down here to do it. And it would definitely mean he'll spend at least a week in getting that vehicle from lagos - PH
Dottore:
You committed no crime. The security operatives especially the Police took advantage of your gullibility. How can you part with 40k just like that. My candid advise is for you to take up the matter. Particularly the 40k.
Guy's should learn to stand their ground whenever they start their wickedness.
Re: My First Experience Picking Up A Car From Tincan Port, Lagos To Port Harcourt by kushme: 1:11pm On Sep 17, 2021
ogaga4u2:
Next time look for one paramilitary officer as driver for less stressful journey.

For how long are we going to live like that?

I told someone, these security men are big part of our problems. They contributed wella to the current inflation.
Re: My First Experience Picking Up A Car From Tincan Port, Lagos To Port Harcourt by oladipuposadeeq(m): 1:23pm On Sep 17, 2021
AK481:

Your clearance will carry the colour that was imported .
its the first time i am hearing this and I haven't noticed it in the ones I have delivered and also I think its indicated on containerized custom papers but will reconfirm this
Re: My First Experience Picking Up A Car From Tincan Port, Lagos To Port Harcourt by Carparts888(m): 1:36pm On Sep 17, 2021
The system is rotten
AK481:

Your paper can never be complete for a tokumbo car.
But some things are so petty that they demand for .
Do you know that you now need police report and affidavit from court to change the color of your tokumbo.?
Re: My First Experience Picking Up A Car From Tincan Port, Lagos To Port Harcourt by valarinz: 2:34pm On Sep 17, 2021
AK481:

Your clearance will carry the colour that was imported .

No sir, customs docs don't include colour, just the vin and model name
Re: My First Experience Picking Up A Car From Tincan Port, Lagos To Port Harcourt by AK481(m): 2:53pm On Sep 17, 2021
valarinz:

Your paper for clearance will carry the color and the model.
Re: My First Experience Picking Up A Car From Tincan Port, Lagos To Port Harcourt by caandi: 3:02pm On Sep 17, 2021
Without a revolution this country is going no where it’s a pity really
Re: My First Experience Picking Up A Car From Tincan Port, Lagos To Port Harcourt by newdawnlive: 3:05pm On Sep 17, 2021
oladipuposadeeq:
you just dey too blunt besides his car is toks and even if its newly registered customs will know but the major issue was that he is a novice along that road that's just it. and the vehicle you moved to enugu is registered abi?
my car was toks when I took it to Enugu to greet my formal inlaw , is like 2 weeks old then.
Re: My First Experience Picking Up A Car From Tincan Port, Lagos To Port Harcourt by oladipuposadeeq(m): 3:18pm On Sep 17, 2021
newdawnlive:
my car was toks when I took it to Enugu to greet my formal inlaw , is like 2 weeks old then.
then they won't disturb like if it was an actual toks.
Re: My First Experience Picking Up A Car From Tincan Port, Lagos To Port Harcourt by computerglobal(m): 5:14pm On Sep 17, 2021

Re: My First Experience Picking Up A Car From Tincan Port, Lagos To Port Harcourt by MacANDIES: 6:40pm On Sep 17, 2021
oladipuposadeeq:
from where to where that has a major factor and also luck has a major thing to play too. You never see soldier wey drive motor MB GLK350 and customs seize am for benin bypass because the duty was compromised

Na recruit them fit do that one. The civil defense guy na 3*. You no fit tryam with am.
Re: My First Experience Picking Up A Car From Tincan Port, Lagos To Port Harcourt by oladipuposadeeq(m): 6:41pm On Sep 17, 2021
MacANDIES:

Na recruit them fit do that one. The civil defense guy na 3*. You no fit tryam with am.
grin
Re: My First Experience Picking Up A Car From Tincan Port, Lagos To Port Harcourt by oladipuposadeeq(m): 6:43pm On Sep 17, 2021
valarinz:

because I still delivered last week and before setting out I usually check my documents so as not to dey kalolo when customs stop me and I have checked over 100 thats why I said its only if it comes with the certificate of title because thats where the vehicle color is always indicated
Re: My First Experience Picking Up A Car From Tincan Port, Lagos To Port Harcourt by valarinz: 9:42pm On Sep 17, 2021
AK481:

Your paper for clearance will carry the color and the model.

Me, trying to figure out what the hell is "paper for clearance", that's different from the customs papers we all know

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

National Drivers License Now Valid For Five Years / The Real People Who Were Used As Car Crash Test Dummies In 1970s Germany / Lagos State Govt To Charge Extra Money On Cars Owners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.