Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,701 members, 7,813,311 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:39 AM

Hope I Have Not Been Scammed - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Hope I Have Not Been Scammed (1226 Views)

Finland - I Hope I Make It There Before They Close The Border O! / How I Almost Got SCAMMED Via VISA AGENT... Please Read And Learn / Dubai Visa Agent Got Caught 4years After He Scammed Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hope I Have Not Been Scammed by Olakunlebaba: 11:13am On Sep 17, 2021
Goodmorning to all Nairalanders. I and my family applied for Canada Temporary Visa through a travel agent last December and we were called for biometric in March this year. We were told in a form given to us and on a notice board in the biometrics room that the visa processing would take ninty days and we would be called and Email to submit our passport. Since March we went for biometric no call no email. Have Called this agent many times to complain about it he keep telling me to be patient that it's not his fault that it's the Canada system of operating slow the processing because of Corona Virus.
Right now, I am think may be I have been scammed. Please, is there anyone who have similar problem as mine or who has applied even before me that's facing this same issue?
Re: Hope I Have Not Been Scammed by SportsHD: 11:17am On Sep 17, 2021
cc. Justwise
Re: Hope I Have Not Been Scammed by ednut1(m): 12:36pm On Sep 17, 2021
Olakunlebaba:
Goodmorning to all Nairalanders. I and my family applied for Canada Temporary Visa through a travel agent last December and we were called for biometric in March this year. We were told in a form given to us and on a notice board in the biometrics room that the visa processing would take ninty days and we would be called and Email to submit our passport. Since March we went for biometric no call no email. Have Called this agent many times to complain about it he keep telling me to be patient that it's not his fault that it's the Canada system of operating slow the processing because of Corona Virus.
Right now, I am think may be I have been scammed. Please, is there anyone who have similar problem as mine or who has applied even before me that's facing this same issue?
yes they have a backlog of applications. You applied for visit visa with your family through an agent ba. They will still reject the application as its clear you guys wont come back
Re: Hope I Have Not Been Scammed by GboyegaD(m): 1:48pm On Sep 17, 2021
Just be patient until you hear the outcome. IRCC can delay things for the entire world.
Re: Hope I Have Not Been Scammed by DogmaNation: 2:52pm On Sep 17, 2021
ednut1:
yes they have a backlog of applications. You applied for visit visa with your family through an agent ba. They will still reject the application as its clear you guys wont come back
U don't need to make it so obvious na gringrin
Re: Hope I Have Not Been Scammed by ednut1(m): 2:55pm On Sep 17, 2021
DogmaNation:

U don't need to make it so obvious na gringrin
these agents are demonic we need to educate people na. If it was only him that applied hope still dey . But a whole family lol, where is the family ties to Nigeria
Re: Hope I Have Not Been Scammed by Nobody: 3:58pm On Sep 17, 2021
ednut1:
these agents are demonic we need to educate people na. If it was only him that applied hope still dey . But a whole family lol, where is the family ties to Nigeria
It is a family tile.
Re: Hope I Have Not Been Scammed by ednut1(m): 3:59pm On Sep 17, 2021
nowhere:

It is a family tile.
i dont understand you o
Re: Hope I Have Not Been Scammed by HRprof: 4:06pm On Sep 17, 2021
Olakunlebaba:
Where are the Canada guru!. Food don done .....lool
Observing the situation
Re: Hope I Have Not Been Scammed by Olumighty123(m): 5:11pm On Sep 17, 2021
ednut1:

True sha, nothing to fall back to in Nigeria, it's obvious this family wants to flee from this country grin

1 Like

Re: Hope I Have Not Been Scammed by Olakunlebaba: 10:07pm On Sep 17, 2021
GboyegaD:
Just be patient until you hear the outcome. IRCC can delay things for the entire world.

My patience is becoming fool. I just want to know if it's general issue..... I need to hear from someone who applied or did the biometric the same time I did mine in order to know it if it's general...
Re: Hope I Have Not Been Scammed by Olakunlebaba: 10:09pm On Sep 17, 2021
Olumighty123:

True sha, nothing to fall back to in Nigeria, it's obvious this family wants to flee from this country grin

Yes you get it brooo. Nothing in this country broo.
Re: Hope I Have Not Been Scammed by Olakunlebaba: 10:16pm On Sep 17, 2021
ednut1:

It doesn't matter brooo. I have friends that relocated to USA and Canada with their family. God that did theirs would do mine too...
Re: Hope I Have Not Been Scammed by ednut1(m): 10:29pm On Sep 17, 2021
Olakunlebaba:

It doesn't matter brooo. I have friends that relocated to USA and Canada with their family. God that did theirs would do mine too...
typical Nigerian everything is God. Sure you can move to Canada with your family thru study visa, express entry or asylum but not by temporary visa biko. God is not a author of confusion.

5 Likes

Re: Hope I Have Not Been Scammed by GboyegaD(m): 3:43am On Sep 18, 2021
Olakunlebaba:

My patience is becoming fool. I just want to know if it's general issue..... I need to hear from someone who applied or did the biometric the same time I did mine in order to know it if it's general...

Oga, everyone who's gone through IRCC at some point knows this. It is a general issue with them so it is no big deal. Go use your time for others things.

1 Like

Re: Hope I Have Not Been Scammed by GboyegaD(m): 3:45am On Sep 18, 2021
ednut1:

It's TRV na, dey could be traveling for vacation.
Re: Hope I Have Not Been Scammed by ednut1(m): 4:52am On Sep 18, 2021
GboyegaD:

It's TRV na, dey could be traveling for vacation.
no be only vacation. Dubai no dey
Re: Hope I Have Not Been Scammed by kodyx(f): 6:03am On Sep 18, 2021
It's normal,it's takes that long because they have to verify all your documents submitted. The same thing applied to us when we applied, at a point I felt it was way too long,after about 2 months or thereabout it came out with Visas attached. Don't worry it's normal,be a bit patience..
Olakunlebaba:

1 Like

Re: Hope I Have Not Been Scammed by GboyegaD(m): 7:11am On Sep 18, 2021
ednut1:
no be only vacation. Dubai no dey

And what makes Canada not accessible for visit?
Re: Hope I Have Not Been Scammed by ednut1(m): 7:14am On Sep 18, 2021
GboyegaD:

And what makes Canada not accessible for visit?
for this kind hardship wey dey Nigeria they know you will likely not come back unless you have strong ties to Nigeria and thriving business or job
Re: Hope I Have Not Been Scammed by GboyegaD(m): 7:18am On Sep 18, 2021
ednut1:
for this kind hardship wey dey Nigeria they know you will likely not come back unless you have strong ties to Nigeria and thriving business or job

I understand that but it is left to the visa officer to decide. I understand your concern about home tires but he's already applied.
Re: Hope I Have Not Been Scammed by TWoods(m): 7:20am On Sep 18, 2021
Olakunlebaba:

Are you sure "God" did theirs or they did it themselves?

1 Like

Re: Hope I Have Not Been Scammed by ednut1(m): 7:21am On Sep 18, 2021
GboyegaD:

I understand that but it is left to the visa officer to decide. I understand your concern about home tires but he's already applied.
you clearly don’t know anything about Canada visit visa. Those Nigerians that are claiming asylum in Canada came through usa. To get visitors visa to Canada as a Nigerian is very hard giving the situation in 9ja
Re: Hope I Have Not Been Scammed by Prettiepearlz(f): 10:53am On Sep 18, 2021
Olakunlebaba:

You want to relocate your family to Canada on a temporary resident visa?
Re: Hope I Have Not Been Scammed by Dre183(m): 12:07pm On Sep 18, 2021
Alaye wan use scope japa...

Con dey claim Temporary visa.

U think say visa officer na fool

1 Like

Re: Hope I Have Not Been Scammed by GboyegaD(m): 1:50pm On Sep 18, 2021
ednut1:
you clearly don’t know anything about Canada visit visa. Those Nigerians that are claiming asylum in Canada came through usa. To get visitors visa to Canada as a Nigerian is very hard giving the situation in 9ja

Don't you think this is hasty generalization? I don't know the circle of friends you have and the amount of information you are exposed to however, people still get visiting visa although you may say very few but some still do.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Can I Apply For UK Tourist Visa With 1.2million / This Is What Brazilian Moi Moi Called Abara Looks Like(photos, Video) / My Experience Traveling From Lagos To Kotoka International Airport Accra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.