Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,216 members, 7,822,099 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:29 AM

Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers (32535 Views)

Sokoto To Buy Motorcycles Worth N155m For Islamic Preachers / Use Your Influence To The Advantage Of Nigerians, Osinbajo Advises Outgoing Govs / Don’t Spend Your Life Sleeping Outside Power, Osinbajo Advises Outgoing Govs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by saintmm(m): 10:01am On Sep 18, 2021
Glad to have a VP of this high magnitude of intelligence.
If we all realised that society contributed so much to your success, you will know you have an obligation (tax) to give back to it.
Societies evolve on the legacies bequeath on it in the writings of the successful ones who wrote their stories for others to read, learn and advance the course.
Pentecost tax, for sake of Christianity is NOT money or material things but the documented story of your battles, travails, difficulties, the process of your making... In short, the stories behind the success you have become to inspire others.
Information is still making Men!!!

I rise

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by MrRichmond: 10:02am On Sep 18, 2021
TheRareGem1:
Persons who succeed in their endeavours owe the society three forms of taxes.

The VP explained that the first is income taxes (personal income tax), and corporation tax for company owners.

The second, he noted, is a social tax or philanthropy, which is the obligation of the wealthy to give back to society.

“The third tax is a civic tax; the obligation of the successful to write their stories, to share the histories of the phenomena they have become.

This is spot on

Philanthropy is a voluntary act, not obligatory.
Once it becomes by force, it is no longer Philantrophy, call it what exactly it is.. EXTORTION!

1 Like

Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by daveP(m): 10:02am On Sep 18, 2021
For simply breathing God's Air, we would soon be paying Tax alongside our breathing leaders of doom.
Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by Shooyie: 10:04am On Sep 18, 2021
Pentecost tax isn't monetary and I believe we should all know these things.

1 Like

Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by Lovenorth: 10:04am On Sep 18, 2021
Pastors should be paying tax after scamming their gullible followers grin
Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by sonofElElyon: 10:05am On Sep 18, 2021
duro4chang:
I do not understand what he meant.

Light hearted note
Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by Kamachicho(f): 10:05am On Sep 18, 2021
He isn't talking about financial tax but successful preachers/ evangelists to write and tell us their ups and downs in their spiritual journey. Apostle Paul did so in almost all his letters.

I am waiting to read from Apostle, Evangelist, Pastor, Rtd General Gowon. I think he owes us much.

2 Likes

Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by Yves4real(f): 10:05am On Sep 18, 2021
Hahaha.
Osinbajo, let's monetize the Pentecost tax and I will be in charge of it cheesy cheesy.
When do I open an akant for its collection?
Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by TOPCRUISE(m): 10:06am On Sep 18, 2021
It is only osibanjo that can say this. All the jet buying pastors will keep quiet since he is a Pastor like themselves. If El Rufai or any mallam or alhaji say this, there will be serious protest by pastors like Oyedepo in their churches. And church congregation will be commanded by the pastors to pray against their decision.

1 Like

Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by EndBuhariNow(m): 10:06am On Sep 18, 2021
And how much tax are Muslims paying ... AFONJAS unah see the kind ass licker unah won make he become president, how sure are you, he won't make fulani man governor of lagos state just to please his masters that put him there to supervise another wave of loud spray lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by 27Pushing30: 10:06am On Sep 18, 2021
Covidodo:

Read the article
.so many dumbo on nairaland

They are the ones who will fail exam and claim the lecturer failed them lol

1 Like

Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by John389(m): 10:07am On Sep 18, 2021
Mr. VP don't allow the devil to use you!!!

1 Like

Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by oluwaahmed: 10:07am On Sep 18, 2021
Tax tax tax
Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by MissionaryArchi(m): 10:08am On Sep 18, 2021
Never knew most Nairalanders are really dumb.
Imagine running out to comment without reading the article.... Of a truth we all owe the society and generation to come our success story, this is one of the call to destiny. I LOVE THIS PENTECOSTAL TAX

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by Angelfrost(m): 10:09am On Sep 18, 2021
jlinkd78:
Loading!!! What taxes should Muslim preachers pay Mr mere Commissioner

Read and properly understand before commenting sir... Avoid the haste to spill emotional drivel.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by Mitsurugi(m): 10:09am On Sep 18, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
Speak for yourself, I wouldn’t expect a village minded person like you to operate on the intellectual capacity of The Vice President.

Oga are you Osinbajo, because I really don't understand this market you're intent on carrying. Wetin na?
Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by SunTzu123(m): 10:10am On Sep 18, 2021
jlinkd78:

Mujahadeen Tax.

Very soon we will pay "marching ground tax" for being alive in Nigeria.
Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by Neokhalifa(m): 10:13am On Sep 18, 2021
Can some of us read with more understanding devoid of hatred and Nigerian mindset.... D VP statement wasn't abt taxing pastors or preachers in its entirety bt about obligations of successful preachers to the society

2 Likes

Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by Oracleforce: 10:13am On Sep 18, 2021
SarkinYarki:
He should have started this sermon in Kano Central Mosque then we will know they are serious

As far as shekil Gumi the Snr assistant to the president on banditry and ransom matter will pay his personal, cooperate and social tax to the government...
Come to think of it, all the whole tax this government has been collecting for the past 6 years has translated to anything in the life of common citizens...you still. want to collect more money from the poor to pay the rich...
Aboki is busy spending all our money abroad and we are expecting manna from an irresponsible government...manna didn't fall. yet they want us to cut our kidneys and sell.it for them and their children to live on...

God go punish all playing participating roles in this evil government

2 Likes

Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by aspabay(m): 10:13am On Sep 18, 2021
Whao whao whao, ignoramus too plenty for nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by BewareOf419: 10:14am On Sep 18, 2021
We Muslims should pay Jihadian tax
Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by naheem8307(m): 10:14am On Sep 18, 2021
Covidodo:

Are you dyslexic ?? grin

I guess he is..
Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by jubrilELsudan: 10:15am On Sep 18, 2021
ODE
Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by superCleanworks(m): 10:16am On Sep 18, 2021
duro4chang:

you will not understand it because our dear DADDIES have cleverly never mentioned that part of taxing
which they are supposed to fulfil. they only hammer on the ones you are supposed to pay.
Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by treatise: 10:18am On Sep 18, 2021
jlinkd78:
The best way to hide something from a black man is putting it in writing or book form. Oga, read the entire story again not the caption.
Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by Tareq1105: 10:18am On Sep 18, 2021
duro4chang:

He meant that successful men of God should pay Pentecost Tax which is telling their stories in writing for generation to learn from.

1 Like

Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by ofiko123(m): 10:18am On Sep 18, 2021
The mere commissioner needs deliverance..
Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by Almubarak5: 10:19am On Sep 18, 2021
cybersoldiers:
Yoruba's are the problem of Nigeria.

Like Femi Fani Kayode, like Osinbanjo the useless VP.

Wetin Nigerians do these efulefus?

Shameless man.

I’m a Yoruba, and that’s fact.
Yoruba Asiwajus are problems and menace supporting this Notherners destroying Nigeria. I mean, we’re educated and backward in the S.W…
Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by RockhouseCafe: 10:20am On Sep 18, 2021
Covidodo:

Are you dyslexic ?? grin

Please desist from making comments like this. It would appear that you are making fun of people with dyslexia even when unintended.

Remember they are just humans like us who happen to have a medical condition. It comes across as insensitive.
Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by patomberekpe(m): 10:21am On Sep 18, 2021
Arrant nonsense, after borrowing trillions all over the World and sold Nigeria to China,with Nothing to Show for it, now You turn to Church to pay Tithe,later You people will ask anyone Who have From 5million naira in the BANK to pay Government 500,000. failed Government fools, naira rate Is 650 per $1. hunger everywhere,insecurities,bloodshed everywhere,yet You guys refused to resign,May Almighty God kill all of You in that seat in Jesus name Amen
Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by ONUTOPSY(m): 10:23am On Sep 18, 2021
PEOPLE FAILED TO UNDERSTAND THE SPEAKER. HE MEANT, EVERY CHRISTIAN OWN GOD A PENTCOST TAX; OF PREACHING THE GOSPEL, SHARING OF PERSONAL EXPERIENCES LIKE; PRAYER LIFE, FASTING, DEPRIVATION AND OTHER DIVINE ENCOUNTERS WITH GOD TO ENCOURAGE OTHERS. PLS ALWAYS READ AND UNDERSTAND BEFORE COMMENTS.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Funke Akindele: My 20 Million Social Media Fans Will Vote For Me (Video) / Dino Melaye At Pius Adesanmi Candle Night / Governor Okowa Pictured Praying In A Church, Surrounded By Security Details

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.