Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers (32510 Views)

Sokoto To Buy Motorcycles Worth N155m For Islamic Preachers / Use Your Influence To The Advantage Of Nigerians, Osinbajo Advises Outgoing Govs / Don’t Spend Your Life Sleeping Outside Power, Osinbajo Advises Outgoing Govs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by Nobody: 1:10pm On Sep 18, 2021
Shooyie:
Pentecost tax isn't monetary and I believe we should all know these things.

Then what is it?
Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by joefelin2345: 1:12pm On Sep 18, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
Speak for yourself, I wouldn’t expect a village minded person like you to operate on the intellectual capacity of The Vice President.
Which intellectual capacity are you talking about if I may ask you?
Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by Nobody: 1:13pm On Sep 18, 2021
emmyileri:

You are misinterpreting the scripture. That scripture is laying emphasis on holy and godly living after we have been made righteous by the sacrificial work of christ. Titus 3:5 he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He Saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal By The Holy Spirit,
I told you I am not going to argue with you , they are two types of Christian , the historical Christian and the encounter Christian, I am an encounter Christian .
Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by Dchampion65: 1:17pm On Sep 18, 2021
Lordgel:
Osibanjo now fighting against Christianity.. Power really intoxicates..

Read and digest the statements. The third tax which is civic, or pentecostal tax is not paid to the government but inform of social responsibility to their community.
Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by irodam1: 1:22pm On Sep 18, 2021
like seriously
Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by Emmanuel909090: 1:24pm On Sep 18, 2021
ThierryJay:

Tax is an obligation to the society. He is simply saying preachers who are successful have the obligation to tell the stories of their journey to the public so they can be motivated!

I understood what he meant, but he is also passing a covered message with that statement.
Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by HeavenShield: 1:26pm On Sep 18, 2021
Alright so CHURCH get ready. You soon gonna be paying Pentecost Tax to the govt. developed by a Pastor�
Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by Shooyie: 1:28pm On Sep 18, 2021
Skyview01:

Then what is it?

Read well bros.
Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by emmyileri(m): 1:28pm On Sep 18, 2021
ThankUJesus:

I told you I am not going to argue with you , they are two types of Christian , the historical Christian and the encounter Christian, I am an encounter Christian .
Not really, you are a Christian who is not ready to learn simple. I rest my case

1 Like

Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by Mikael0407(m): 1:45pm On Sep 18, 2021
Lordgel:
Depends on your perspective. From mine, he's not fighting Christianity, he's fighting FOR society. Jesus paid tax in the Bible so why do you think Osibanjo is wrong in this case? undecided
Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by udomma1005(m): 2:08pm On Sep 18, 2021
duro4chang:
I do not understand what he meant.
Same here

1 Like

Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by duro4chang(m): 2:22pm On Sep 18, 2021
Tess24:

He is saying... Pastors should pay tax!!!!!
Really pastors should pay personal income tax but pentecostal tax that one ,I no understand oo. If I no attend pentecostal church nkor? If I be Anglican nko?
Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by duro4chang(m): 2:24pm On Sep 18, 2021
lexy2014:

anglican tax
Hmmm. You go soon see, K&S tax, Celestial tax, Methodist tax. Yeye government.
Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by duro4chang(m): 2:26pm On Sep 18, 2021
udomma1005:

Same here
No mind am.

1 Like

Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by 24brains(m): 2:31pm On Sep 18, 2021
Churches don't pay tax but they love to milk their member with tithes and offerings.

Give what belongs to caesar to caesar and to GOD what is GOD's
Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by Nobody: 2:33pm On Sep 18, 2021
Shooyie:

Read well bros.

Ok o. I go read am again.
Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by Theresamay: 2:39pm On Sep 18, 2021
jlinkd78:
Loading!!! What taxes should Muslim preachers pay Mr mere Commissioner
Mecca tax grin
Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by Funkybabee(f): 2:44pm On Sep 18, 2021
How can someone doing philanthropist for hi or her community pay tax for such

He said personal story tax, Biko eversince u are growing from one glory to glory, buying these or that, are you not paying tax on these things along

He need to check his brain box very well
Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by josite: 2:44pm On Sep 18, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
Speak for yourself, I wouldn’t expect a village minded person like you to operate on the intellectual capacity of The Vice President.

Please stop this shout about intellectual.capacity.hoe much intellect has Jacob got before God prosper Laban because of his presence in Labans household.tbis vp is overrated
Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by Enice(m): 3:21pm On Sep 18, 2021
TOPCRUISE:
Is only osibanjo that can say this. All the jet buying pastors will keep quiet. If El Rufai or any mallam or alhaji say this, there will be serious protest by all the pastors in the churches. And church congregation will be commanded by the pastors to pray against their decision
only an illiterate and a daft Pastor will protest about this. what you should be asking is what is a pentecostal tax? a simple explanation of it is that it is a duty by a clergy man to write about his journey in christianity so as to encourage other who only see challenges. take for example, Oyedepo who started in one room with 3 people or Apostle Suleman who have been accused times without number of amoral actions. writing about these challenges will surely encourage those who are in such situations right now. we can also say Christ paid a sin tax for us. kapish!

1 Like

Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by donmik: 3:55pm On Sep 18, 2021
If he said so at all ba... I say nothing cos I don't understand anything in all the grammars
Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by Realhommie(m): 4:20pm On Sep 18, 2021
Lordgel:
Is that what you understood from what he said? Haba na....

Please take your time to read and digest before posting...
Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by Profine: 4:20pm On Sep 18, 2021
Very soon we will be asked to pay tax for the air we breath
Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by Realhommie(m): 4:23pm On Sep 18, 2021
Covidodo:

Read the article
.so many dumbo on nairaland
My brother i weak...
Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by Realhommie(m): 4:25pm On Sep 18, 2021
duro4chang:
If he becomes the president his own will be too much. Na so so tax .
Both you and the person you quoted lack comprehension... The article was short and self explanatory, very easy to understand yet you're here disgracing yourselves....
Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by duro4chang(m): 4:27pm On Sep 18, 2021
Realhommie:
Both you and the person you quoted lack comprehension... The article was short and self explanatory, very easy to understand yet you're here disgracing yourselves....
Must you insult before you make your point? You are rude! Learn to show politeness. Being rude says many things about you.
Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by Themandator: 4:33pm On Sep 18, 2021
jlinkd78:
Loading!!! What taxes should Muslim preachers pay Mr mere Commissioner

Go and read again.. Pentecostal tax is actually his own coinage for what he came to do.. Book presentation on missionary works of Pastor Kumuyi
Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by Truthissupreme: 4:35pm On Sep 18, 2021
Mikael0407:

Depends on your perspective. From mine, he's not fighting Christianity, he's fighting FOR society. Jesus paid tax in the Bible so why do you think Osibanjo is wrong in this case? undecided
what financial profit does a preacher make in winning souls

Mind you most of these preaching is not for you to attend their Church directly

The tax Jesus paid was an illustration that financial profits generated need tax paid to government

This was why he asked Peter to go to the river embark on fishing and pay tax form it

Fishes collected is profit
Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by Truthissupreme: 4:36pm On Sep 18, 2021
Themandator:

Go and read again.. Pentecostal tax is actually his own coinage for what he came to do.. Book presentation on missionary works of Pastor Kumuyi
you didn't answer his question because Muslims do jihad which tax should they pay

Christian's already construct roads, build health centres, schools etc that helps government without Muslims contributing anything
Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by Truthissupreme: 4:49pm On Sep 18, 2021
emmyileri:

I don't get you, even Jesus paid tax and he preached tax payments... Mark 12:15-17 to 27AMP:Should we pay [them] or should we not pay [them]? But knowing their hypocrisy, He asked them, Why do you put Me to the test? Bring Me a coin (a denarius), so I may see it.

AMP:And they brought [Him one]. Then He asked them, Whose image (picture) is this? And whose superscription (title)? They said to Him, Caesar’s.

AMP:Jesus said to them, Pay to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s and to God the things that are God’s. And they stood marveling and greatly amazed at Him

Try and have sense when Jesus was asked the tax question he said whose image is on the currency and he concluded same government should be paid tax

The argument is not wether tax should be paid the question is where should it come from

Their are pastors that work in civil service and they pay tax from their work

However you can't pay tax for preaching because it's not a profitable venture

Many preachers preach without directly the converts to their own church

This was way to illustrate where tax payment should come from Jesus told Peter to go hunt fish in the river and pay tax from it

They obviously had a committee of disciples which Judas was treasuer yet he never said Peter should go collect money from judas
Re: Pay Pentecost Tax – Osinbajo Advises Preachers by duro4chang(m): 5:02pm On Sep 18, 2021
SaiOsinbajo:

Read again with a free mind and you will notice the man smiling as he said "Pentecost tax". No be everything we must take serious
Do you mean he was joking? If he was, that was an expensive joke. Here people are now giving different interpretation to what he said.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Osinbajo Is Buhari’s Number One Confidante – El-Rufai / Ambode sacks 57 LG Executive Secretaries / ‘Entire PDP Ward’ In Akwa Ibom Defects To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.