Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,166 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:20 AM

Oluwayemisi Ajayi: Helen Prest Was My Late Husband’s Concubine - Widow To Court - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Oluwayemisi Ajayi: Helen Prest Was My Late Husband’s Concubine - Widow To Court (36694 Views)

Helen Prest-Ajayi Celebrates Her 62nd Birthday (Pictures) / New Look Of Helen Prest-Ajayi 41 Years After Winning Former Miss Nigeria In 1979 / 9ice Expecting His 5th Child With Olori Oluwayemisi, His 4th Baby Mama To Be (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oluwayemisi Ajayi: Helen Prest Was My Late Husband’s Concubine - Widow To Court by Islie: 7:51am On Sep 18, 2021
The battle over the estate of the late Lagos-based businessman, Dr. Tosin Ajayi, is heating up at the Federal High Court in Lagos, with his widow Oluwayemisi Ajayi, raising allegations of adultery against a former Miss Nigeria, Helen Prest.

The widow, in a 27-paragraph counter-affidavit filed against Prest’s suit, said she and her husband were legally married under the Marriage Act and never divorced till his death.

She alleged that Prest, with full knowledge of Dr. Ajayi’s subsisting marriage, carried on an illicit relationship with him as his concubine.

The suit was filed on July 23, 2021, and has First Foundation Medical Engineering Company Ltd (FFMECL); Registrar-General of the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC); Oluwayemisi Ajayi; and Patrick Abak, a lawyer as first to fourth respondents.

While Helen Prest was listed as the second plaintiff, her daughter Tomisin Ajayi was listed as the first plaintiff.

The legal battle is centred on who should control FFMECL and other properties owned by the firm.

In her 71-paragraph affidavit in support of the suit against the respondents and deposed to by Helen Prest’s daughter (first plaintiff), she averred that her late dad married Oluwayemisi and they had children, but they were separated for 35 years before her father’s demise.

Tomisin claimed that in the course of the separation, the late Ajayi and her mother, Helen Prest married and gave birth to her.

But in a counter-affidavit deposed to by the widow and filed on September 13, 2021, Oluwayemisi Ajayi averred that she was aware that Tomisin presents herself as the “love child of an adulterous relationship” between her deceased husband, Dr. Ajayi, “and his adulteress,” Helen Prest.

The deponent stated that although she was not in a position to confirm if Tomisin Ajayi is a child of her late husband, because the late Ajayi did not introduce her to the family in his lifetime, she was ready to accept the first plaintiff in good faith as one of the beneficiaries of the estate of her deceased husband.

On the ownership of FFMECL, the widow claimed that she and the late Ajayi built the firm together and that at no time was her deceased husband the sole beneficial shareholder or director of the company. She stated that since the incorporation of FFMEC, she had always been a shareholder and director of the company.

On her marital status to the late Ajayi, the widow averred that she was legally married to the deceased and there was no divorce. She challenged Helen Prest to present any document in opposition to her marriage certificate.

She stated: “My late husband never cohabited (and never decided to cohabit) as a common-law partner with the second plaintiff in the United Kingdom.

“The second plaintiff was desirous of a marriage and legally cognizable relationship with my late husband, Dr. Ajayi, from the outset (including urging him to divorce me), a proposition which he consistently rejected throughout his life despite the second plaintiff’s incessant solicitations for same.”

The widow stated further: “Although Helen Prest was a concubine of my deceased husband, she was never a shareholder, director, officer, employee or business partner of, or otherwise associated with the affairs of, FFMECL or any other companies in which my husband was a major shareholder (including those wherein I am also a shareholder).”

https://thenationonlineng.net/helen-prest-was-my-late-husbands-concubine-widow-tells-court/?amp=1

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Oluwayemisi Ajayi: Helen Prest Was My Late Husband’s Concubine - Widow To Court by Nackzy: 7:52am On Sep 18, 2021
Hmmm, wealth and its many problem

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Oluwayemisi Ajayi: Helen Prest Was My Late Husband’s Concubine - Widow To Court by tydi(m): 8:04am On Sep 18, 2021
Kinda life I wanna live
Gat Ma baby mamas scrabbling for my riches when I might had departed

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Oluwayemisi Ajayi: Helen Prest Was My Late Husband’s Concubine - Widow To Court by camri: 8:08am On Sep 18, 2021
Women are the root of all evil

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oluwayemisi Ajayi: Helen Prest Was My Late Husband’s Concubine - Widow To Court by Nobody: 9:18am On Sep 18, 2021
tydi:
Kinda life I wanna live
And this will make you responsible abi?

120 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Oluwayemisi Ajayi: Helen Prest Was My Late Husband’s Concubine - Widow To Court by tydi(m): 10:40am On Sep 18, 2021
Iyaebe:

Being responsible hasn’t been of any help!

42 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Oluwayemisi Ajayi: Helen Prest Was My Late Husband’s Concubine - Widow To Court by Emmanuel909090: 11:06am On Sep 18, 2021
Is always good to state your will

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oluwayemisi Ajayi: Helen Prest Was My Late Husband’s Concubine - Widow To Court by AuroraB(f): 12:55pm On Sep 18, 2021
Imagine 'asking the man to divorce his wife'
Is this being mischievous or naughty

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oluwayemisi Ajayi: Helen Prest Was My Late Husband’s Concubine - Widow To Court by Ancecoker(m): 1:48pm On Sep 18, 2021
cool
Re: Oluwayemisi Ajayi: Helen Prest Was My Late Husband’s Concubine - Widow To Court by Waujayjay(m): 1:49pm On Sep 18, 2021
Interesting

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oluwayemisi Ajayi: Helen Prest Was My Late Husband’s Concubine - Widow To Court by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:49pm On Sep 18, 2021
FAMILY PALAVA

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oluwayemisi Ajayi: Helen Prest Was My Late Husband’s Concubine - Widow To Court by Bornsinner7: 1:49pm On Sep 18, 2021
Ok
Re: Oluwayemisi Ajayi: Helen Prest Was My Late Husband’s Concubine - Widow To Court by Sabadon(m): 1:49pm On Sep 18, 2021
The real matter be say Naija don cast

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oluwayemisi Ajayi: Helen Prest Was My Late Husband’s Concubine - Widow To Court by Blackfire(m): 1:49pm On Sep 18, 2021
Yoruba people eeehhh

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oluwayemisi Ajayi: Helen Prest Was My Late Husband’s Concubine - Widow To Court by skales67(m): 1:50pm On Sep 18, 2021
Hmm
Re: Oluwayemisi Ajayi: Helen Prest Was My Late Husband’s Concubine - Widow To Court by Authoreety: 1:50pm On Sep 18, 2021
This actually is the least of our problems

Instead of them to build their own legacy, dem dey here dey raise dust

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oluwayemisi Ajayi: Helen Prest Was My Late Husband’s Concubine - Widow To Court by Saturn101: 1:50pm On Sep 18, 2021
Interesting to hear.

Women will always be the number one reason behind men's behavior or misbehavior.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oluwayemisi Ajayi: Helen Prest Was My Late Husband’s Concubine - Widow To Court by SuperNova33: 1:50pm On Sep 18, 2021
They will soon go spiritual.... all this court thing in family matter nah formality, someone is already contacting one baba in Benin republic or Togo.

Family problems are the worst problems you can have because you will see the side of them that you never thought in a million years was possible.

Especially when money or possessions is involved.

The insect that eats up the vegetable must always be close to the vegetable to eat it.

Anyway that is their personal problem ... Let me face mine too.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oluwayemisi Ajayi: Helen Prest Was My Late Husband’s Concubine - Widow To Court by igbowoman: 1:50pm On Sep 18, 2021
Complications
See the mess these men leave at their demise

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oluwayemisi Ajayi: Helen Prest Was My Late Husband’s Concubine - Widow To Court by HarunaWest(m): 1:51pm On Sep 18, 2021
Iyaebe:
In this world who is responsible?.. The world is a sapa republic... live and let live or live and let die.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oluwayemisi Ajayi: Helen Prest Was My Late Husband’s Concubine - Widow To Court by Nobody: 1:52pm On Sep 18, 2021
I keep telling people...no sensible man marries a beauty queen certainly not as the 1st wife...they are always side chicks. if you marry a beauty queen as 1st wife, you will never make it. they are entitled, they dont know how to build, they only know how to take. If you are a young up and coming man and you marry a beauty queen, 2 things will happen: you wont achieve your potential in life due to too much drama or/and your marriage will crash bringing it's own drama. Beauty queens are companions (not wives o!) for aged successful men who can shut them up with power,money and the good life.

men when you become successful never leave your wife to marry an ex beauty queen...they only destroy legacies!!!! They are shameless women, only a shameless woman will parade herself half naked in front of men to be judged. Think about it : as a father would you allow your daughter to parade herself in bikini like meat in an Amsterdam brothel for perverted men to judge? Such women either come from dodgy homes or are rebelious!!!

56 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Oluwayemisi Ajayi: Helen Prest Was My Late Husband’s Concubine - Widow To Court by DaddyRochie1642: 1:53pm On Sep 18, 2021
tydi:
Kinda life I wanna live

it is "Scrambling" not "Scrabbling" grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oluwayemisi Ajayi: Helen Prest Was My Late Husband’s Concubine - Widow To Court by McOluOmo: 1:53pm On Sep 18, 2021
ChiefZaddy comes to mind

Guys wey no get girlfriend get peace of mind

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oluwayemisi Ajayi: Helen Prest Was My Late Husband’s Concubine - Widow To Court by irodam1: 1:53pm On Sep 18, 2021
inheritance palaver not excepting countries across the ocean. It's every where
Re: Oluwayemisi Ajayi: Helen Prest Was My Late Husband’s Concubine - Widow To Court by RPG2020(m): 1:53pm On Sep 18, 2021
shocked
Re: Oluwayemisi Ajayi: Helen Prest Was My Late Husband’s Concubine - Widow To Court by Terrier99: 1:53pm On Sep 18, 2021
Na wa
Re: Oluwayemisi Ajayi: Helen Prest Was My Late Husband’s Concubine - Widow To Court by Mindlog: 1:53pm On Sep 18, 2021
camri:
Women are the root of all evil

You mean inclusive of your female relatives, starting from.your.....?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oluwayemisi Ajayi: Helen Prest Was My Late Husband’s Concubine - Widow To Court by Mydazz(m): 1:53pm On Sep 18, 2021
So concubines now carry their sugar daddy's name abi,......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oluwayemisi Ajayi: Helen Prest Was My Late Husband’s Concubine - Widow To Court by Tedpgrass: 1:53pm On Sep 18, 2021
Some things are best left alone.
To avoid stories that touch.

Now chicken yansh don blow open for market.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oluwayemisi Ajayi: Helen Prest Was My Late Husband’s Concubine - Widow To Court by Judolisco(m): 1:54pm On Sep 18, 2021
Una still dey untop dis matter

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

When I Won Starquest In 2002, Harrysong Was Still In The Village- Kcee / Lola Omotayo- Okoye Stuns On The Cover Of BM PRO Magazine / Harrysong Leaves Five Star Music, Floats "Alter Plate" His Own Record Label

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.