Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:40 AM

Oluwayemisi Ajayi: Helen Prest Was My Late Husband’s Concubine - Widow To Court - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Oluwayemisi Ajayi: Helen Prest Was My Late Husband’s Concubine - Widow To Court (36707 Views)

Helen Prest-Ajayi Celebrates Her 62nd Birthday (Pictures) / New Look Of Helen Prest-Ajayi 41 Years After Winning Former Miss Nigeria In 1979 / 9ice Expecting His 5th Child With Olori Oluwayemisi, His 4th Baby Mama To Be (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oluwayemisi Ajayi: Helen Prest Was My Late Husband’s Concubine - Widow To Court by Chinny024(f): 3:26pm On Sep 18, 2021
This man would have read and shared his will before his death...Now,he is resting in Pieces!!!

1 Like

Re: Oluwayemisi Ajayi: Helen Prest Was My Late Husband’s Concubine - Widow To Court by descartes400: 3:27pm On Sep 18, 2021
abysirius:
It was all a game plan from the start for treacherous women. Requesting for a divorce was a bait the man refused to take because he didn't want to lose part of his estate to the woman. Marriage is a commitment to love and be there your partner. There's no perfect being anywhere..If u walked away because u believed u can live ur life without ur partner ten u should not expect him to also keep his own part of the deal to share with u his life (all that it worths).

I get your point...but since the man is no longer with the living and the fight is now between the legally married wife (despite years of separation) and the side chick....

Which of the women will the Nigeria law be favourably disposed to when claiming a deceased 's properties? Between legally married wife to the deceased and side chick/ concubine.
The ridiculous thing here's that it's even the love child that want to lay claim to the deceased estate...she instituted the suit which has been countered by the legal wife to the deceased...if you go through the counter affidavit...one can infer the wife doesn't sound like a nasty woman.

But in the end who do you think the court will favour the most given the helen mast suit(love child) and the counter affidavit filed by the wife?

1 Like

Re: Oluwayemisi Ajayi: Helen Prest Was My Late Husband’s Concubine - Widow To Court by gwama: 3:48pm On Sep 18, 2021
camri:
Women are the root of all evil
Men are the root of all evil and all wahala. cool cool
Re: Oluwayemisi Ajayi: Helen Prest Was My Late Husband’s Concubine - Widow To Court by gwama: 3:52pm On Sep 18, 2021
Blackfire:
Yoruba people eeehhh
Na only Yoruba people?? This wahala root is the men, specially Africans men. cool cool
Re: Oluwayemisi Ajayi: Helen Prest Was My Late Husband’s Concubine - Widow To Court by gwama: 4:00pm On Sep 18, 2021
Originalsly:
Hmmm......legally..... the mistress will always be the mistress,....and the wife the wife.
The wife who don't live with her husband since more 10 years is not a wife. cool
Re: Oluwayemisi Ajayi: Helen Prest Was My Late Husband’s Concubine - Widow To Court by gwama: 4:04pm On Sep 18, 2021
This guy will never rest in peace. cool cool
Re: Oluwayemisi Ajayi: Helen Prest Was My Late Husband’s Concubine - Widow To Court by benson81(m): 4:10pm On Sep 18, 2021
Women and their wahala! U are separated from a man for 35 years and you have been celibate for 35? They always wanna have their cake and eat it. Including the Helen prest lady
Re: Oluwayemisi Ajayi: Helen Prest Was My Late Husband’s Concubine - Widow To Court by Miller232: 4:13pm On Sep 18, 2021
Iyaebe:
And this will make you responsible abi?
You can sight the level of his foolishness from his words

1 Like

Re: Oluwayemisi Ajayi: Helen Prest Was My Late Husband’s Concubine - Widow To Court by 9gerian: 4:17pm On Sep 18, 2021
Thank you.

descartes400:

I get your point...but since the man is no longer with the living and the fight is now between the legally married wife (despite years of separation) and the side chick....

Which of the women will the Nigeria law be favourably disposed to when claiming a deceased 's properties? Between legally married wife to the deceased and side chick/ concubine.
The ridiculous thing here's that it's even the love child that want to lay claim to the deceased estate...she instituted the suit which has been countered by the legal wife to the deceased...if you go through the counter affidavit...one can infer the wife doesn't sound like a nasty woman.

But in the end who do you think the court will favour the most given the helen mast suit(love child) and the counter affidavit filed by the wife?
Re: Oluwayemisi Ajayi: Helen Prest Was My Late Husband’s Concubine - Widow To Court by 9gerian: 4:25pm On Sep 18, 2021
Good resolution on your part.

However, the man dating and keeping Helen Prest as a mistress is not necessarily because his first wife was a bad woman. Sometimes, the man, having been successful, made money and being influential, just wants to enjoy having other women as a form of recreation (power corrupts).

Also, the wife may have noticed the trend and kept herself from nagging. But that is until one of the flings, that are expected to be short term, become a permanent affair with this particular lady who seems hell bent on keeping the man for herself. This is common with wealthy men who like to have flings but are not disciplined enough to draw the boundaries early enough. Once hooked, all means, including spiritual, sexual and even emotional (using children etc) resources, are then deployed by the mistress for a life long battle with the man’s wife for supremacy. Sometimes the mistress wins if the first wife is unable to contain her anger and opts out prematurely. Other times, the first wife wins by playing the long game for the sake of her children’s security.

Initially, the wife may be hurt and want to opt out but families and friends (of hers and the husband) usually advise otherwise, reminding her of her status as the legal wife, and that getting another husband is more difficult and may prove unfavorable for her children. Quite a number of women stay put to take proper care of their children, shifting their whole essence for the marriage to the children with the faint hope that the man will trace his steps back to his original wife and children. But most times it just doesn’t happen.

Sadly, some of our most loved celebrities are caught up taking other women’s husband, and this generation try to vilify the poor wife. This is wrong and only adds salt to the long suffering injuries of such wives.

The deponent stated that although she was not in a position to confirm if Tomisin Ajayi is a child of her late husband, because the late Ajayi did not introduce her to the family in his lifetime, she was ready to accept the first plaintiff in good faith as one of the beneficiaries of the estate of her deceased husband.

Finally, the legal wife in this case appears to only want to set the records straight and also stated her acceptance for an amiable settlement with the love child catered for, hence there is no need to vilify her.

Doradorwa:
I will be a good woman and partner to my husband, and to the society at large, that he will not have any reasons to take a mistress.

You're right at the bolded sir ... But the man is dead, the both women are rich,they really don't need all those money. They should settle it amicably.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oluwayemisi Ajayi: Helen Prest Was My Late Husband’s Concubine - Widow To Court by revolt(m): 4:27pm On Sep 18, 2021
Separated for 35 years ?!!!!madam you can't be serious. You were knocking other guys now you're back.... looolll... women.
As for the new wife..... I hope this isn't Karma...

They only people entitled to that asset are his kids shekina.
Re: Oluwayemisi Ajayi: Helen Prest Was My Late Husband’s Concubine - Widow To Court by SEGLIZ: 4:43pm On Sep 18, 2021
tydi:
Kinda life I wanna live
Gat Ma baby mamas scrabbling for my riches when I might had departed
and then leave you children to option of killing each other after your departure.

my humble cent, do try see a tip of the iceberg before you leave. let them start killing themselves right from when you are alive.

you will enjoy that more.
Re: Oluwayemisi Ajayi: Helen Prest Was My Late Husband’s Concubine - Widow To Court by caandi: 4:44pm On Sep 18, 2021
Na wa o. They should award all properties of the deceased to the legal wife, whether the side chick birthed for him or not, she has no say unless the legal side out of her good heart decides to give the woman something
Re: Oluwayemisi Ajayi: Helen Prest Was My Late Husband’s Concubine - Widow To Court by igbowoman: 4:53pm On Sep 18, 2021
descartes400:

Listen to yourself!
Did you even read the article?
She requested for divorce from the husband, he refused. The concubine requested he divorce the wife, he refused. And in no time did he even legalised his amorous and adulterous relationship with the concubine via marriage, not in Nigeria or UK.

If I were the judge, I will award 95% percentage of the deceased estate to the wife.

The wife has legitimate right to the deceased estate.
If we

The man is dead we cannot confirm any claims she lays against him.
If she cried out to the papers now he is dead, she had the same opportunity to cry out before he died and she didn't.
No courts in Nigeria would deny divorce to a woman abandoned for decades.
She should go and sit down!
Re: Oluwayemisi Ajayi: Helen Prest Was My Late Husband’s Concubine - Widow To Court by igbowoman: 5:00pm On Sep 18, 2021
In Yoruba culture any woman that lives with a man or has a baby by a man has elevated herself to the status of a wife.
The first wife already knows that truth.
It is her culture
Now she wants to feign ignorance ?
Re: Oluwayemisi Ajayi: Helen Prest Was My Late Husband’s Concubine - Widow To Court by 9gerian: 5:29pm On Sep 18, 2021
It doesn’t appear as the legal wife is feigning ignorance. It seems she is pushing back and setting the records straight after a long drawn battle over her marriage with a mistress that may have turned a fling into a long drawn battle hoping to displace the legal wife, howbeit unsuccessfully.

Also, the hand of the mistress seem to be in the original suit filed by the love-child perhaps in a-bid to claim her supposed father’s estate for herself using all sorts of blackmail (separation for 35years etc) perhaps offered to her by her mother. Underline the word love-child as this limits her claims in law.

Did Helen Prest keep the list of the man’s whereabouts or itinerary for 35 years to know and confirm that he was never with his legal wife or was it her desire to achieve the same one way or the other?

I imagine the man’s family would be furious at such an attempt by the mistress using her child.

The man may have also known what his legal wife would have faced hence he kept her as the shareholder in the company. Just imagine if Helen was actually married to the man, all his legitimate children would have been denied access to his estate it appears.

Finally all these are conjectures as we may never know who was the good or the scheming one all this while, but the legal wife should not be vilified for pushing back please.

igbowoman:
In Yoruba culture any woman that lives with a man or has a baby by a man has elevated herself to the status of a wife.
The first wife already knows that truth.
It is her culture
Now she wants to feign ignorance ?
Re: Oluwayemisi Ajayi: Helen Prest Was My Late Husband’s Concubine - Widow To Court by RodgersAkpafu: 5:48pm On Sep 18, 2021
Iyaebe:
And this will make you responsible abi?
You should know that that one is a kid
Re: Oluwayemisi Ajayi: Helen Prest Was My Late Husband’s Concubine - Widow To Court by igbowoman: 5:53pm On Sep 18, 2021
9gerian:
It doesn’t appear as the legal wife is feigning ignorance. It seems she is pushing back and setting the records straight after a long drawn battle over her marriage with a mistress that may have turned a fling into a long drawn battle hoping to displace the legal wife, howbeit unsuccessfully.

Also, the hand of the mistress seem to be in the original suit filed by the love-child perhaps in a-bid to claim her supposed father’s estate for herself using all sorts of blackmail (separation for 35years etc) perhaps offered to her by her mother. Underline the word love-child as this limits her claims in law.

Did Helen Prest keep the list of the man’s whereabouts or itinerary for 35 years to know and confirm that he was never with his legal wife or was it her desire to achieve the same one way or the other?

I imagine the man’s family would be furious at such an attempt by the mistress using her child.

The man may have also known what his legal wife would have faced hence he kept her as the shareholder in the company. Just imagine if Helen was actually married to the man, all his legitimate children would have been denied access to his estate it appears.

Finally all these are conjectures as we may never know who was the good or the scheming one all this while, but the legal wife should not be vilified for pushing back please.

Let her continue then
Re: Oluwayemisi Ajayi: Helen Prest Was My Late Husband’s Concubine - Widow To Court by tydi(m): 6:33pm On Sep 18, 2021
Allwell96:
to you I guess.

To every repeller out there.
Re: Oluwayemisi Ajayi: Helen Prest Was My Late Husband’s Concubine - Widow To Court by ahnie: 7:07pm On Sep 18, 2021
tydi:
Kinda life I wanna live
Gat Ma baby mamas scrabbling for my riches when I might had departed
You already gotten two baby Mama's tochukwu.stop depending on your aged parents,take care of your kids scattered around and limit bombing weed.

Trust me son...you go dey alright laslas.

N/B...Should you wanna go offensive and reply me,pls kindly check my signature.
Re: Oluwayemisi Ajayi: Helen Prest Was My Late Husband’s Concubine - Widow To Court by Tareq1105: 7:15pm On Sep 18, 2021
AuroraB:
Imagine 'asking the man to divorce his wife'
Is this being mischievous or naughty

Were you there when she said so?

What would a woman not say to get public sympathy?

Don't just jump into judgement when you've not heard from the other party to the case.

She cannot claim she doesn't know that the man had a woman outside the wedlock.

Leave women alone and allow Court to resolve it.

To me, whatever they are fighting over should be shared into 2 period.
Re: Oluwayemisi Ajayi: Helen Prest Was My Late Husband’s Concubine - Widow To Court by tydi(m): 7:39pm On Sep 18, 2021
ahnie:

You already gotten two baby Mama's tochukwu.stop depending on your aged parents,take care of your kids scattered around and limit bombing weed.

Trust me son...you go dey alright laslas.

N/B...Should you wanna go offensive and reply me,pls kindly check my signature.

No time dear! No time!!
Re: Oluwayemisi Ajayi: Helen Prest Was My Late Husband’s Concubine - Widow To Court by Tareq1105: 7:55pm On Sep 18, 2021
caandi:
Na wa o. They should award all properties of the deceased to the legal wife, whether the side chick birthed for him or not, she has no say unless the legal side out of her good heart decides to give the woman something

In line with Yoruba culture, the deceased have 2 wives no controversy.

Even where the original wife doesn't know (in this case the 1st wife knows) just one witness/testifier in the family is required. Usually, men would confide in a family member or members.

In most cases, family members usually step in to protect the rights of the other child / children. There's no bastard here. They're all bonafide children with equal rights.
Re: Oluwayemisi Ajayi: Helen Prest Was My Late Husband’s Concubine - Widow To Court by AuroraB(f): 8:19pm On Sep 18, 2021
Tareq1105:

Were you there when she said so?

What would a woman not say to get public sympathy?

Don't just jump into judgement when you've not heard from the other party to the case.

She cannot claim she doesn't know that the man had a woman outside the wedlock.

Leave women alone and allow Court to resolve it.

To me, whatever they are fighting over should be shared into 2 period.
Listen to yourself undecided
Over 50% was awarded to the 'woman outside'
Or, you dey quote for quote sake undecided
Re: Oluwayemisi Ajayi: Helen Prest Was My Late Husband’s Concubine - Widow To Court by NoToPile: 8:44pm On Sep 18, 2021
The wife has not said Helen priests child should not be a beneficiary of the estate from the OP.

The company shes a shareholder is the reason why she's setting the records straight which I see nothing wrong with this.
Re: Oluwayemisi Ajayi: Helen Prest Was My Late Husband’s Concubine - Widow To Court by madjune(m): 8:48pm On Sep 18, 2021
So Helen Prest Davies was never fully married all these years?

Why 90s journalists no dig this up?

Dele Momodu needs to be questioned.
Re: Oluwayemisi Ajayi: Helen Prest Was My Late Husband’s Concubine - Widow To Court by caandi: 9:18pm On Sep 19, 2021
Tareq1105:

In line with Yoruba culture, the deceased have 2 wives no controversy.

Even where the original wife doesn't know (in this case the 1st wife knows) just one witness/testifier in the family is required. Usually, men would confide in a family member or members.

In most cases, family members usually step in to protect the rights of the other child / children. There's no bastard here. They're all bonafide children with equal rights.
if you say the deceased have two wives where’s the proof? The legal wife claims that the deceased never introduced the other woman to her or the family? Well it’s one Persons word against the other. If he’s married to the other woman she needs to provide or off either paper wise or a witness to attain to her claim. Well wat you mentioned is not only applicable to the yoruba culture, it’s also applicable to the igbos. That’s if Truly she’s married to the man or her child are the true children of the man. The man made a silly mistake, if he had written a will, this matter would have been long settled.
Re: Oluwayemisi Ajayi: Helen Prest Was My Late Husband’s Concubine - Widow To Court by Fr33born(m): 10:24pm On Sep 19, 2021
SuperNova33:
They will soon go spiritual.... all this court thing in family matter nah formality, someone is already contacting one baba in Benin republic or Togo.

Family problems are the worst problems you can have because you will see the side of them that you never thought in a million years was possible.

Especially when money or possessions is involved.

The insect that eats up the vegetable must always be close to the vegetable to eat it.

Anyway that is their personal problem ... Let me face mine too.

I tell you bro. Inheritance tussle is very dangerous and has destroyed many lives in this part of the world. If you are not spiritually strong, don't go fighting for inheritance. Just let it go save your dear life. All the court cases and family meetings are just formalities. The real battle is usually not seen.

1 Like

Re: Oluwayemisi Ajayi: Helen Prest Was My Late Husband’s Concubine - Widow To Court by Ndipe(m): 3:34am On Sep 20, 2021
She was not legally divorced from the deceased so branding her a gold digger is wrong.

Digmygold:
Madam you.slept.on your right. Why did you not wail when your ex husband was with her for 25 years. So all this while you were waiting for your ex husband to kick the bucket and then.you'll try.to frustrate his wife? Move on desperate gold digger.
Re: Oluwayemisi Ajayi: Helen Prest Was My Late Husband’s Concubine - Widow To Court by Digmygold: 3:32pm On Sep 20, 2021
Ndipe:
She was not legally divorced from the deceased so branding her a gold digger is wrong.

What was she doing for 25 years that did not make her "legally" divorced? She was waiting for him to die and drag possession of the property of a man who did not see eye to eye with her for 25years ? She must be the most shameless gold digger alive.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mike Ezuronye's Wedding Pictures: More Pictures Added / How Illbliss Treated His Wife Like A Queen Despite Eight Years Of Childlessness / Photos Of Kcee's Wife, Ijeoma Okonkwo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.