Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,559 members, 7,812,814 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:46 PM

Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? (16895 Views)

My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? / Mothers, How Did Your Husband React When You Were In Labour? / Husbands Should Abstain From Breastfeeding Wives For 6 Months - Medical DG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by hurryup123(m): 5:38am On Sep 20, 2021
very simple !
Rob Neem leave popularly known as “Dogoyaro” leave for your tit and thank me later
Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by money121(m): 5:40am On Sep 20, 2021
Gratefulheart1:

Girls of nowadays sef.
But your mother breast-fed you for over 3 years without complaining.
You breastfed your baby for just few months you're already complaining.
In those old days, babies are breast fed for over 5 years.
5yrs bawo.. shey ogun laye ni grin grin
Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by Nobody: 5:46am On Sep 20, 2021
money121:

5yrs bawo.. shey ogun laye ni grin grin

Yes.
Years ago, i boarded a taxi with one old woman. The old woman (likely around 70) said she was traveling to see her own mother who is still luckily alive (over 100 years or so). She said she breastfed her for over 5 years when she's already old and going on errands.
She said sometimes after coming back from errand, she would still be breastfed.

Women from older generations are the real women, all these girls we have left now are just sx objects and she-goats.
No attribute of virtuous women in them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by Bukasint(f): 6:04am On Sep 20, 2021
Urbanchampion:
I remember how my wife stopped the twins from breastfeeding in 2017. We travelled home during Chrismas for family reunion, she dropped them with my mum, however, it wasn't easy, Taiwo almost cried himself to sickness, but Ìyá Lanre , who's an expert in babysitting didn't burge. By the time we arrived back in Abuja, they don forget everything about breastfeeding. It's was amala, noodles and cereals thereafter.

No matter how as a woman pls breastfeed your child exclusively for 6 months and then 2yrs with complementary feeds. I was breastfed for 2yrs and 3months according to my mum but this days ladies think their breast will saga if they breadfeed for long.

1 Like

Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by Babara1994(m): 6:05am On Sep 20, 2021
Lamanii22:
I'm still thinking about this eehn... Cause my baby has over sucked me sef, she won't eat her cereal, and she's eight months old already... she literally cries whenever we feed her... I don't know how I'd do it ...
Is ur baby 3 years already? A baby should only stop breastfeeding until she's 3 years old.

1 Like

Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by BigDawsNet: 6:05am On Sep 20, 2021
Two year is okay

Try and feed the baby with alternative during the process
Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by donprincebigt(m): 6:07am On Sep 20, 2021
Cabazieu:
Rub bitter leaf on your tit.
Haaaa Nigerians Sha. Una too cruel.
Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by Nobody: 6:14am On Sep 20, 2021
It's was amala, noodles and cereals thereafter. [/quote]grin
Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by excel111(m): 6:16am On Sep 20, 2021
Rub your nipples with better leaves
Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by Coolgent(m): 6:18am On Sep 20, 2021
kuonbe:
A year and half
The weaning process shouldn't be sudden it should be gradual, introduce the baby to foods first and observe what she/he like most.
Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by Romanoff(f): 6:23am On Sep 20, 2021
So from a gynaecologist, it's best to stop slowly. If you stop abruptly, you will go through done serious pain and your breasts will sag.

If the baby use to feed give time a day, start by reducing to three times a day, then two times a day, then once a day.

This will make the milk production to dry out on its own.
Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by radomi: 6:23am On Sep 20, 2021
The fastest one we use for our son. My wife just robbed a little grinded Flagyl on a nipples. Immediately he tasted it, the breast became a thing of the past for him...

1 Like

Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by damiloladuke: 6:29am On Sep 20, 2021
OK
Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by eedimo(m): 6:30am On Sep 20, 2021
My mother told me she never did anything to wean me.
I just lost interest in suckling and that was it.
Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by Oju4190: 6:36am On Sep 20, 2021
Give Ur baby breast milk up to 2years before u consider stopping.... Breast milk make d baby to b strong, smart and intelligent
Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by galaxylauncher: 6:36am On Sep 20, 2021
Obasanjo tackles Buhari for excessive borrowing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6opF3bBRZZU

1 Like

Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by Nobody: 6:39am On Sep 20, 2021
HRHQueenPhil:
Rob the boobs with allo vera and find yummy foods for baby to get use to...eg agidi , agidi jollof or granola
my boy will suck the also Vera and the breast milk together.
Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by Pennywise(m): 6:48am On Sep 20, 2021
It seems all the OP wants is to keep the breast to himself but the infant says no
Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by Goodnews007: 6:50am On Sep 20, 2021
Rub gbogbonishe on the nipple before bedtime. Also make enough tea and out in the flask for the baby. When ur baby sucks the nipple and starts crying(cos she definitely will) , offer the tea instead. And reapply the gbigbonishe on the nipple in case she tries to suck it again that night. Do this every night b4 sleeping.
Also start giving the baby cooked meals and pap, goldenmorn etc when hungry.
Before 4 days, the gbogbonishe will make ur baby forget ur nipple in the night.
grin my sister saw shege when she wanted to wean her baby. The nigga refused to stop sucking even after putting aleo Vera and bitter leaf.
We had to get this advice from my grandma grin
It worked like magic, but b4 she finally weaned him off cos he tried to suck every night, once he tastes the gbogbonishe grin, he will dash her 2 dirty slaps b4 crying like someone poured hit water on him grin angry grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by TheGift: 6:51am On Sep 20, 2021
kuonbe:
A year and half

My Son was one year and a month, by that time my Wife had reduced to only breastfeeding Him in the middle of the night as a way of quickly getting Him back to sleep.

Then She travelled for just one day.

When He woke up, I gave Him regular baby milk (formular)

She came back next day and that was the end of breast milk. In fact, few days after He stopped waking up to eat in the middle of the night.

My take: reduce gradually ( like don’t breast feed during the day 9-5), then stop abruptly.

All the best.
Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by femi4: 6:52am On Sep 20, 2021
kuonbe:
A year and half
Put bitter leaf on the bobbi..he ll get the message
Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by Jaaqbruce: 6:56am On Sep 20, 2021
Let the child taste Babybloom Baby Cereals

Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by katchagboro(m): 6:57am On Sep 20, 2021
Pound bitter leave and rub it over your nipples.
Worst of it, there is fluid in animal that's black-blue and in a bladder form. When bursted it makes meat bitter. Get it and rub it over your nipples and the baby will never come near you
Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by Miosendyin: 7:00am On Sep 20, 2021
Put blade on your tit..
Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by NairalandSARS: 7:04am On Sep 20, 2021
Gratefulheart1:

Yes.
Years ago, i boarded a taxi with one old woman. The old woman (likely around 70) said she was traveling to see her own mother who is still luckily alive (over 100 years or so). She said she breastfed her for over 5 years when she's already old and going on errands.
She said sometimes after coming back from errand, she would still be breastfed.

Women from older generations are the real women, all these girls we have left now are just sx objects and she-goats.
No attribute of virtuous women in them.
Why breastfeed for 5 years? What can the breasts offer the child after age 3.
All these mothers acting out their sexual fantasies...
Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by samguru(m): 7:08am On Sep 20, 2021
HRHQueenPhil:
Rob the boobs with allo vera and find yummy foods for baby to get use to...eg agidi , agidi jollof or granola

Mummy you are wicked ooo

Is two years to long to breastfeed a baby?
Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by rezzy: 7:09am On Sep 20, 2021
mfm04622:

At a year and half old, just stop giving him. Just stop. If he asks for it, say no. Simple. He is old enough to know no

Says who?
My own here will almost tear down my blouse, i can't lie down on the bed in peace again, he must come and suck. they actually understand no but will still cry for it.
Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by princewarri1985: 7:12am On Sep 20, 2021
kuonbe:
A year and half
Rub bitter leaf on your nipples then give the child the breast to suck he/she go spoil face then repeat the same process again bet you the child will stop breast, dont forget to introduce the child to milk and custard and dey put small soup for the pikin mouth when ever you dey eat eba
Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by luizpippo(m): 7:12am On Sep 20, 2021
Quality20:
wen d baby is tired he gonna stop, he can't suck for more than two years na

When he no be aspiring bandit.
Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by rezzy: 7:13am On Sep 20, 2021
Bukasint:

No matter how as a woman pls breastfeed your child exclusively for 6 months and then 2yrs with complementary feeds. I was breastfed for 2yrs and 3months according to my mum but this days ladies think their breast will saga if they breadfeed for long.

Long breastfeeding makes the breast sag na. This I know but doctors said Las Las with aging it will sag whether we like it or not.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

See Couple's 11-year Old Poem Book That Has Helped Their Marriage / Defilement: An Important Lesson For All Parents / Is It Right To Hide Or Belittle Yourself To Find "Wife Material?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.