Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,595 members, 7,812,952 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:23 PM

Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? (16898 Views)

My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? / Mothers, How Did Your Husband React When You Were In Labour? / Husbands Should Abstain From Breastfeeding Wives For 6 Months - Medical DG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by spookydee(m): 7:15am On Sep 20, 2021
kuonbe:
A year and half

Same with my baby... A year and six months.
Well, I dropped her off at my mums place for 4days.. All they did was substitute the breast milk with pascal yogurt....
3 months and counting now
Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by princewarri1985: 7:16am On Sep 20, 2021
kuonbe:
A year and half
use bitter leaf to rub your nipples before giving the child the breast to suck, keep repeating the process, i bet you that will be the end of breast sucking for that child
Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by Chinny024(f): 7:20am On Sep 20, 2021
Auxtin85:
Take the baby to your mother if she is not busy, put bitter leaf juice on the breast when the baby taste it he/she will avoid it though some babies will bear the bitter taste, lick it off and enjoy the breast milk lastly feed the baby with normal food and endure the baby’s cry when he/she wants breast milk
Taking the baby to the grandmother is a very wrong way of weaning... It leads to detachment..
Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by Chinny024(f): 7:21am On Sep 20, 2021
Reduce the night suckling, then to the day suckling..You can use aloevera to assist you..
Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by rezzy: 7:22am On Sep 20, 2021
Try using bitter leaf, nuru, aloe vera, flagin, aboniki on the nipple. (This didn't work for my son though, he wíll use my clothes to clean it off)

If you can endure his cry, then whenever he wants to suck, offer him juice or any snack but if you can't watch him cry endlessly

You best bet is to take him to either your mom or MIL. In just a week he will forget breastfeeding
Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by 77up(m): 7:29am On Sep 20, 2021
Cabazieu:
Rub bitter leaf on your tit.
This works like magic @op
Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by Bukasint(f): 7:30am On Sep 20, 2021
rezzy:

Long breastfeeding makes the breast sag na. This I know but doctors said Las Las with aging it will sag whether we like it or not.

Sure... Breast will surely sag no matter what! If it sags go for breast augmentation.
Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by Elnesto(m): 7:32am On Sep 20, 2021
Lamanii22:
I'm still thinking about this eehn... Cause my baby has over sucked me sef, she won't eat her cereal, and she's eight months old already... she literally cries whenever we feed her... I don't know how I'd do it ...

She will stop, but you will need to be firm and you will need alot of heart, yes heart. She will cry when you do, but stand your ground. Your husband should also cooperate with you on this. My son is over 2 years but we still have to force him to eat ordinary pap.. �

1 Like

Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by olaniyilukman(m): 7:39am On Sep 20, 2021
Don't punish the young baby, just get freshyo available, and anytime he or she cries for breastfeeding just feed him/her the Freshyo, within three days, your baby will forget breastfeeding, pls don't punish the young baby as some nairalanders suggest oh, some people are naturally and born wicked..
Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by calebseun2015(m): 7:45am On Sep 20, 2021
If you are not really financially buoyant, do not use freshyo or other soft drinks to wean the baby. Give him or her water whenever he or she cries in the night, exactly what we did for our baby because we started with freshyo but he began to take almost 10 freshyo per night then we had to change to water at night and custard/milk during the day though he now eat other food now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by OgatheTop: 7:51am On Sep 20, 2021
Also, this is Monday morning... common !!!
Users should wake up to see more of business-related contents... many people are thinking of how to beat the Obalende-Oshodi traffic and many others... and na breast-related content you come dey show them this Monday morning... think about it Sir... [/quote]

Will you just keep quiet.
Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by HRHQueenPhil(f): 7:51am On Sep 20, 2021
samguru:

Mummy you are wicked ooo

Is two years to long to breastfeed a baby?

grin grin grin grin grin for me, very long ..max is five months...a stubborn baby six months esp for working and busy mothers
Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by diplomat058(m): 7:53am On Sep 20, 2021
Urbanchampion:
I remember how my wife stopped the twins from breastfeeding in 2017. We travelled home during Chrismas for family reunion, she dropped them with my mum, however, it wasn't easy, Taiwo almost cried himself to sickness, but Ìyá Lanre , who's an expert in babysitting didn't burge. By the time we arrived back in Abuja, they don forget everything about breastfeeding. It's was amala, noodles and cereals thereafter.
Don't Tell me it's your Mum you called Iya Lanre
Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by HRHQueenPhil(f): 7:54am On Sep 20, 2021
atarapa:
my boy will suck the also Vera and the breast milk together.

That boy is a champ, shows he will be strong and fearless..I love him already

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by AutoChick4U(f): 7:54am On Sep 20, 2021
Gratefulheart1:

Girls of nowadays sef.
But your mother breast-fed you for over 3 years without complaining.
You breastfed your baby for just few months you're already complaining.
In those old days, babies are breast fed for over 5 years.
With all due respect ladies work fully now. In the old days, men don't ask what are you bringing to the table or where do you work within 10mins of conversing

2 Likes

Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by HRHQueenPhil(f): 7:55am On Sep 20, 2021
atarapa:
my boy will suck the also Vera and the breast milk together.
Na me be d idiot wey dey answer am, wants to rob off his depressed and frustrated life on others
Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by AutoChick4U(f): 7:56am On Sep 20, 2021
I indulge my baby o, no body is dragging the breast with her anyways.
Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by tonididdy(m): 7:56am On Sep 20, 2021
Urbanchampion:
I remember how my wife stopped the twins from breastfeeding in 2017. We travelled home during Chrismas for family reunion, she dropped them with my mum, however, it wasn't easy, Taiwo almost cried himself to sickness, but Ìyá Lanre , who's an expert in babysitting didn't burge. By the time we arrived back in Abuja, they don forget everything about breastfeeding. It's was amala, noodles and cereals thereafter.
Lol grin
Btw hw old were they when you dropped yhem off with grandma and for how long?
Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by AutoChick4U(f): 7:58am On Sep 20, 2021
olaniyilukman:
Don't punish the young baby, just get freshyo available, and anytime he or she cries for breastfeeding just feed him/her the Freshyo, within three days, your baby will forget breastfeeding, pls don't punish the young baby as some nairalanders suggest oh, some people are naturally and born wicked..
is the freshyo not too sugary?
Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by MeeLan: 7:58am On Sep 20, 2021
Take baby to grandma house if u got one
Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by HRHQueenPhil(f): 7:59am On Sep 20, 2021
Gratefulheart1:

See them. Girls of nowadays. They know anything that could make them lazy; anything that could take away their gender duties and responsibilities as women. All they just want to do is sleep, eat, get their dirty private part licked, and watch BBN.

A baby you likely never breastfed over 1 year, you're already talking of wickedly punishing the little, innocent creature with aloe vera. While you yourself cannot swallow a drop of aloe vera.

Look at this wicked soul that has never carried a child in the womb or woken up every night to nurse a child..no one has used ur nipples as chewing gum and u still had to carry out ur other responsibilities...u seat at the TV and watch ur matches and news but have d audacity to judge a woman for relaxing...so u tink a child will stop sucking on his own without trying to wean him off? Alo Vera is a healthy plant and wonderful for weaning off a child from breast milk so shut ur trap and stop displaying your ignorance and stupidity here

4 Likes

Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by MeeLan: 8:01am On Sep 20, 2021
Cabazieu:
Rub bitter leaf on your tit.
doesn't work, baby will be shocked at first attempt, then get used to it. If you want to stop weaning, start gradually, then isolate breast from baby. If u rub bitters and keep flaunting boobs for baby, you will end up where u started

1 Like

Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by aikyg(m): 8:03am On Sep 20, 2021
Rub bitter leaf on your nipples.
Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by tonididdy(m): 8:04am On Sep 20, 2021
Gratefulheart1:

Yes.
Years ago, i boarded a taxi with one old woman. The old woman (likely around 70) said she was traveling to see her own mother who is still luckily alive (over 100 years or so). She said she breastfed her for over 5 years when she's already old and going on errands.
She said sometimes after coming back from errand, she would still be breastfed.

Women from older generations are the real women, all these girls we have left now are just sx objects and she-goats.
No attribute of virtuous women in them.

Stop with the insults.
In this era u'd be raising a disgusting pervert if you are breastfeeding a 5yr old.
Times have changed, women are more industrious now.
But you can practise what you preach tho, that's if any woman is willing to marry you with this your breastfeeding agenda.

1 Like

Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by tunnex190: 8:05am On Sep 20, 2021
Quality20:
wen d baby is tired he gonna stop, he can't suck for more than two years na

This is not true though. These kids won't stop in two years if you are not doing anything to stop it. My first daughter sucked for about 2 and half years
Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by tonididdy(m): 8:06am On Sep 20, 2021
MeeLan:
Take baby to grandma house if u got one
At 6months or more?
Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by sirabbey(m): 8:09am On Sep 20, 2021
Lamanii22:
I'm still thinking about this eehn... Cause my baby has over sucked me sef, she won't eat her cereal, and she's eight months old already... she literally cries whenever we feed her... I don't know how I'd do it ...

8 months is too early to wean, considering the natural immunity breast milk provides to babies, I think every child deserves unhindered access to breast milk for at least 12 months and at most 18 months after which you can wean the child. When we are babies, some of our mothers breastfed till the baby is 3years old, yes 36 months straight grin grin grin. so trying to wean an 8 month old baby is harsh in my opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by ESANMEA(f): 8:09am On Sep 20, 2021
I'm not a mother yet but for my nephew that wasn't even ready to stop, we stayed together for 3 nights.. When he starts crying in the night, I just give him water and then biscuits. He cried a lot before accepting it the first night, 2nd night the crying was less and then the 3rd night, he picked up the water himself and that was it..
When the mother tried to breastfeed him again, he just smiled and looked away.
Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by Nobody: 8:17am On Sep 20, 2021
Romanoff:
So from a gynaecologist, it's best to stop slowly. If you stop abruptly, you will go through done serious pain and your breasts will sag.

If the baby use to feed give time a day, start by reducing to three times a day, then two times a day, then once a day.

This will make the milk production to dry out on its own.

when we give kudos to our mothers, pocohantas nd geng of resident E newspapers will be hyperventilating, my mom breastfeed me for more than 2yrs.
Despite all the announcements and sensitization that mothers should breastfeed for minimum of one year, what we have today is mothers ganging up @ 6month cos all dey want to do is twerk, eat sharwama, selfies and head @ nite.
later in future when una sons go to BBN n start behaving like ozor & saga in one body no complain o
Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 8:19am On Sep 20, 2021
post=105988196:
Know when to stop.
Ensure adequate nutrition.
Eliminate stressors.
Wean at night.
Reduce breast-feeding sessions slowly.
Use a pump.
Manage engorgement.
You've rushed to copy and paste and ended up pasting nonsense, just like your cow darling daddy
Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by Romanoff(f): 8:26am On Sep 20, 2021
larryjonze:

when we give kudos to our mothers, pocohantas nd geng of resident E newspapers will be hyperventilating, my mom breastfeed me for more than 2yrs.
Despite all the announcements and sensitization that mothers should breastfeed for minimum of one year, what we have today is mothers ganging up @ 6month cos all dey want to do is twerk, eat sharwama, selfies and head @ nite.
later in future when una sons go to BBN n start behaving like ozor & saga in one body no complain o

Oga, was your mother a working mum?

Or did she breastfeeding you for two years make you better than who was fed for six months?

It's recommended to exclusively breastfeed for six months, if you want to go further, it's your wish and choice.

Women have a choice on how long they will like to breastfeed and if they want to. No man has the right to dictate to a woman how she should raise her child.

Stop being entitled to a woman's body and what we choose to do with it.

Your mum isn't your wife or any other woman, it was her choice to breastfeed for 5 or 10 years if she chose to. All women don't have to make similar choices.

Thank you sir.
Re: Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? by Nobody: 8:33am On Sep 20, 2021
tonididdy:

Stop with the insults.
In this era u'd be raising a disgusting pervert if you are breastfeeding a 5yr old.
Times have changed, women are more industrious now.
But you can practise what you preach tho, that's if any woman is willing to marry you with this your breastfeeding agenda.

are you saying those of us born n breastfeed for 2yrs n above are disgusting pervert undecided
Today women don't have time, buh even the so called working class ladies get time to do make up, take selfies and even stay up online to reply all admirers on instagram. make una continue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Defilement: An Important Lesson For All Parents / Is It Right To Hide Or Belittle Yourself To Find "Wife Material? / Subsidy Removal : What personal Adjustment are you making?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.