Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,255 members, 7,818,876 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

Abokifx Suspends Exchange Rate Updates After CBN Blocks Accounts - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Abokifx Suspends Exchange Rate Updates After CBN Blocks Accounts (27157 Views)

Naira Rises To ₦‎1,450/$ After CBN Hiked Interest Rate / I&E Window Records $53.02m Turnover After CBN Lifts Forex Ban / Naira Falls After CBN Stops Forex Sales To BDCs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abokifx Suspends Exchange Rate Updates After CBN Blocks Accounts by FreeIgboho: 11:26am On Sep 19, 2021
phineas:

We have lots of acts to address that, sebi the owner of the site is Nigerian?

Meaning what? Supposed he surreptitiously let's it be "owned" for him by a Chinese guy who has nothing to do with Nigeria
Re: Abokifx Suspends Exchange Rate Updates After CBN Blocks Accounts by danowena: 11:51am On Sep 19, 2021
FreeIgboho:

Is this below not 570? Is it AbokiFx?

Most of these sites u see refer to Abokifx; I say this because for years I was looking for quotes that will either favour me when buying or when I am selling. I believe they source from abokifx which is why you will never see any differences in the quotes. They are unified in what is quoted which shouldn’t be if they were really getting proper data independently. They can’t all be getting exact same data Unless their data source is exactly same which is very improbable. Even the banks that CBN give rates do not quote same exchange rates. You should also know that most of these sites will typically not have agents in the markets who gives them quotes independently.

3 Likes

Re: Abokifx Suspends Exchange Rate Updates After CBN Blocks Accounts by FreeIgboho: 12:29pm On Sep 19, 2021
danowena:

Most of these sites u see refer to Abokifx; I say this because for years I was looking for quotes that will either Cavour me when buying or when I am selling. I believe they source from abokifx which is why you will never see any differences in the quotes. They are unified in what is quoted which shouldn’t be if they were really getting proper data independently. They can’t all be getting exact same data Unless their data source is exactly same which is very improbable. Even the banks that CBN give rates do not quote same exchange rates. You should also know that most of these sites will typically not have agents in the markets who gives them quite independently.

That tells me you haven't followed - sometimes their quotes are quite different! Same thing with Cryptofully, their quotes are different from Aboki. Don't ask me how they get them!
Re: Abokifx Suspends Exchange Rate Updates After CBN Blocks Accounts by Minjim: 2:03pm On Sep 19, 2021
phineas:

You guys know nothing about naija parallel market, it's a cartel.a well controlled one.Some persons are rumoured to sometimes buy all the dollar available on the streets at a certain period to deliberately create scarcity.

At such times to get ordinary 2000 dollars you have to book ahead with aboki who starts looking for dollar for you in bits and pieces.

Imagine companies who need to complete transactions worth millions at a time like that,any action to cut off the parallel market is long overdue.cut of the head first,then the creative means to survive without it will evolve over time

You don't get it. The FG should do its homeworK.
Why is the demand for dolLar so high in Nigeria? What has the Fg done? Some companies in Nigeria pay dollars to workers.
This is a Fg that claims to be diversifying the economy for the past 6 years. Does this economy looks diversified?
First, its pdp's fault, next clyptocurrency now its ÀbokiFX that's causing it.
If so much ppl are made to source what they need locally will they all be running after the dollar?
Why do will need dollars so much?
Re: Abokifx Suspends Exchange Rate Updates After CBN Blocks Accounts by EgusiShankly: 9:48pm On Apr 10, 2023
profmallor:

Sincerely, most Nigerians want the rates to go down, why not, we are all suffering from this spikes. Even the purchasing power of those that remit from diaspora has dropped, is it the cost of building materials or services you want to speak on. All have increased in recent times. ever since this CBN decided to ban crypto trading, which was reducing the pressure on the Naira, they lost the good will of many Nigerians. So unless the cost of a barrel of crude suddenly jumps and output goes back to pre COVID times there is naturally no way the Naira can appreciate. The current CBN leadership is so eager to please their master so they ve thrown all knowledge of running an economy to the winds.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Goodie Minabo Ibru Wanted By EFCC (Photo) / What Determines The Value Of A Country's Currency? / Have You Ever Been Short Payed By An ATM Machine?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.