Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,022 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

Full Statement Of Godwin Emefiele On AbokiFX (Video) - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Full Statement Of Godwin Emefiele On AbokiFX (Video) (14093 Views)

One Month After AbokiFX Shutdown, Naira Fails To Rise / AbokiFX: Emefiele To Oniwinde Adedotun “Come Let's Fight” (Video) / CBN Shuts Down AbokiFX Bank Accounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Full Statement Of Godwin Emefiele On AbokiFX (Video) by Bngf: 7:09pm On Sep 18, 2021
Really
Re: Full Statement Of Godwin Emefiele On AbokiFX (Video) by tuborme: 7:16pm On Sep 18, 2021
Emefiele, stop grasping straws. You guys are making this guy popular. Even newspapers publish exchange rates on their prints.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Full Statement Of Godwin Emefiele On AbokiFX (Video) by kiddkash(m): 8:13pm On Sep 18, 2021
these people.

if they can't get their hands in the pie, they upset the apple cart

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Full Statement Of Godwin Emefiele On AbokiFX (Video) by abbasajao(m): 8:15pm On Sep 18, 2021
We want to see the fight.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Full Statement Of Godwin Emefiele On AbokiFX (Video) by KaptainAfrika: 8:25pm On Sep 18, 2021
The drugs these northerners take is highly effective sha.

Patrioticman007:
If not a fraudster why not use your true identity "IGBOFX" instead of "ABOKIFX". Because they say a good name is Worth more than a mountain of gold, while a bad name is as useless as tissue paper.

They say Northerners hate them but they are the ones owning more than 69% businesses in northerner Nigeria, they use northern names on their businesses while they insult their host community at any slight opportunity.

Its a fact Northerners send their best food grains, vegetables, cows, goats, fish down south while the southerners send codiene, royphnol, Indian hemp, fake drugs, kidnapping toddlers & adulterated Palm oil, up North, with these facts let's be honest who are the evil ones.

1 Like

Re: Full Statement Of Godwin Emefiele On AbokiFX (Video) by FlipModeSquade(m): 8:33pm On Sep 18, 2021
Patrioticman007:
If not a fraudster why not use your true identity "IGBOFX" instead of "ABOKIFX". Because they say a good name is Worth more than a mountain of gold, while a bad name is as useless as tissue paper.

They say Northerners hate them but they are the ones owning more than 69% businesses in northerner Nigeria, they use northern names on their businesses while they insult their host community at any slight opportunity.

Its a fact Northerners send their best food grains, vegetables, cows, goats, fish down south while the southerners send codiene, royphnol, Indian hemp, fake drugs, kidnapping toddlers & adulterated Palm oil, up North, with these facts let's be honest who are the evil ones.
No body is forcing you bunch of morons to abuse codeine,igbo,royphnol and whatever else you lot take up there to get high..

Collect your VAT for all the best things that you all are producing and sending down South..

Una no gree,na to dey cry up and down..

1 Like

Re: Full Statement Of Godwin Emefiele On AbokiFX (Video) by duality(m): 8:34pm On Sep 18, 2021
Eriokanmi:
Useless fool.After UAE government did his job for him, he came out chasing shadows. I wish I was the founder of abokifx, I'd have sued them for 20bn naira for the unfounded and baseless allegations. They felt jittery the way aboki fx is exposing them to the outside world. CBN would post a particular but unrealistic autonimous rates on their website meanwhile when you go to ikeja to trade in forex at aboki offices, what you get is totally different and that's place where aboki fx gets his facts from , before posting them on his website .

I was expecting emefeile to name those buying amunitions with forex who are mainly members of the apc , just same way the UAE govt assisted him to do what he has refused to do out of fear , he was rather chasing shadows. I'd have become billions richer today, if I were aboki fx founder. My lawyers too would have been smiling by now. Iranu

Don't you think it's the other way?

The BDCs change prices based on what is on Aboki fx.

That's the truth.
Re: Full Statement Of Godwin Emefiele On AbokiFX (Video) by PlanktonX: 8:39pm On Sep 18, 2021
IPIGSRDOTARDS:
Worst dumbest CBN Governor EVER.

Hip Hip Hurray !!!!!!

From next week now a dollar will drop to N210 because AbokiFx is declared illegal. grin

Stupidity get class....

Shadow chasing CBN....nothing new again here in Naija. The other day, oga patapata said the middlemen caused 50kg bag of rice to rise to N25k.

1 Like

Re: Full Statement Of Godwin Emefiele On AbokiFX (Video) by amaham(m): 8:41pm On Sep 18, 2021
Kudos Emefiele! The fraud is behind a computer in London permutating exchange rate and cashing out steadily while Nigerians are hit hard by skyrocketing inflation.
Abokifx come and show your face if you're not hushpuppy protege

2 Likes

Re: Full Statement Of Godwin Emefiele On AbokiFX (Video) by Seun(m): 8:46pm On Sep 18, 2021
amaham:
Kudos Emefiele! The fraud is behind a computer in London permutating exchange rate and cashing out steadily while Nigerians are hit hard by skyrocketing inflation.
Abokifx come and show your face if you're not hushpuppy protege
How does he cash out? He runs ads. That's all.

5 Likes

Re: Full Statement Of Godwin Emefiele On AbokiFX (Video) by emmyN(m): 8:51pm On Sep 18, 2021
Terrier99:
In the coming weeks, many more websites will spring up doing what Abokifx is doing. Emefiele is just fooling himself.

Only few can attain relevance. The once that manage to do will be blocked
Re: Full Statement Of Godwin Emefiele On AbokiFX (Video) by Isaacmacdon(m): 8:51pm On Sep 18, 2021
cool

1 Like

Re: Full Statement Of Godwin Emefiele On AbokiFX (Video) by Eriokanmi: 8:53pm On Sep 18, 2021
duality:

Don't you think it's the other way?

The BDCs change prices based on what is on Aboki fx.

That's the truth.
It's not the truth. How many bdcs have time to visit abokifx before fixing rates, do the majority of them even understand what it means? FYI, I visit abokifx.com just to update myself too. By the time I visit the bdcs in Ikeja, the rates aren't always the same. Always a diff of up to 3 usd higher than abokifx rates. Yet, go to the CBN and check their rates.They'd tell you that autonomous rate is 505naira to 1 usd for instance whereas, bdcs are fixing their rate at between 510naira and 515 naira. Instead of bscs going to abokifx, it's the other way round. Abokifx gets their rates by sampling opinions from bdcs around. The CBN is just jittery because they know the rates they post on their website aren't realistic. They're just deceiving themselves.

I expect them to go after terror sponsors instead of chasing shadows. They know them. What is the CBN governor afraid of ?

1 Like

Re: Full Statement Of Godwin Emefiele On AbokiFX (Video) by emmyN(m): 8:53pm On Sep 18, 2021
Gentlesniper:

If you shut down Google map because it gives you traffic updates, will that in anyway stop or prevent traffic on the roads??

When google map makes wrong or falsified traffic reportage, it can lead to traffic congestion in other areas. This is what the CBN is fighting.

1 Like

Re: Full Statement Of Godwin Emefiele On AbokiFX (Video) by agabusta: 8:55pm On Sep 18, 2021
Patrioticman007:

The name of the guy they mentioned is Yoruba.
Re: Full Statement Of Godwin Emefiele On AbokiFX (Video) by duality(m): 9:03pm On Sep 18, 2021
Eriokanmi:
It's not the truth. How many bdcs have time to visit abokifx before fixing rates, do the majority of them even understand what it means? FYI, I visit abokifx.com just to update myself too. By the time I visit the bdcs in Ikeja, the rates aren't always the same. Always a diff of up to 3 usd higher than abokifx rates. Yet, go to the CBN and check their rates.They'd tell you that autonomous rates are 505naira to 1 usd for instance whereas, bdcs are fixing their rate at between 510naira and 515 naira. Instead of bscs going to abokifx, it's the other way round. Abokifx gets their rates by sampling opinions from bdcs around. The CBN is just jittery because they know the rates they post on their website aren't realistic. They're just deceiving themselves.

I expect them to go after terror sponsors instead if chasing shadows. They know them. What is the CBN governor afraid of ?

This is not the issue of "terror sponsors"

The forex market is being manipulated by unscrupulous elements to the detriment of or economy.
Re: Full Statement Of Godwin Emefiele On AbokiFX (Video) by Eriokanmi: 9:10pm On Sep 18, 2021
duality:

This is not the issue of "terror sponsors"

The forex market is being manipulated by unscrupulous elements to the detriment of or economy.

those manipulating forex markets are at alade market and MMIA, that's where emefiele should have headed. Abokifx isn't illegal. I wish the guy could sue him for defamation. All those arrested and jailed in Dubai for sponsoring terrorism are naija bdcs allies and typical Nigerians, not Abokifx founder .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Full Statement Of Godwin Emefiele On AbokiFX (Video) by Standing5(m): 9:16pm On Sep 18, 2021
Newboss:
There are lots of foreign exchange market research firms in Nigeria. They simply go to the street, get data, analyse the data, and publish. It's even part of journalism.

Newspapers also maintain steady record of parallel market exchange rates. You can check and see for yourself. There is also Naijabdcs website. This CBN governor is too incompetent. He wants to hide his incompetence from the world.

Market research is not hard. You can even set up a website that conducts market research on price of anything you can think of.

If not that parallel market rates was well published, CBN would not have raised exchange rate from 381 to 412. The real value of Naira has fallen past 500 Naira to a dollar.

CBN should solve the problems instead of looking for how to mask the problems.
demand and supply problem needs practical solutions.
Re: Full Statement Of Godwin Emefiele On AbokiFX (Video) by BabbanBura(m): 9:18pm On Sep 18, 2021
Seun:

And you believed that?
Re: Full Statement Of Godwin Emefiele On AbokiFX (Video) by Godisfaithful: 9:47pm On Sep 18, 2021
This CBN Governor is clueless. So Abokifx is Nigeria problem regarding foreign exchange scarcity. Someone should remind the governor that this is simple demand and supply in play. Instead of them to tackle the real problems that causes this scarcity, they keep fighting the shadow. Very soon, they will declare Google map as the major problem of Nigeria roads. Bunch of clown…fighting a shadow

There are many site that does what abokifx is doing. They even forget Abokifx is on Twitter and other social media lol
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ngnrates.com/market/exchange-rates/us-dollar-to-naira/black-market/amp

https://talentbase.ng/dollar-usd-to-naira-black-market/

And many more. They should prepare to block as many sites…

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Full Statement Of Godwin Emefiele On AbokiFX (Video) by Standing5(m): 10:04pm On Sep 18, 2021
Seun:
emefiele is just looking to present the world, and most importantly, Buhari, an excuse.
Re: Full Statement Of Godwin Emefiele On AbokiFX (Video) by sirabbey(m): 10:10pm On Sep 18, 2021
If what Meffy said is true, then AbokiFX is the George Soros of Nigeria. The same way George Soros bet against the GBP to the DM and make a kill in 1992, is the same way Segun Oniwinde has been cashing out by selling FX in Nigeria after manipulating its exchange rate to suit his profiteering. The only difference is while the Bank of England cut his losses and George Soros attained a cult-like hero, the CBN is hunting for the head of Segun Oniwinde. Even if Oniwinde manages to escape the CBN trap in Nigeria, his duplicitous business dealing will put him in trouble with the UK financial regulators as he has been underreporting his business revenue while cashing out silently in hard currency from a UK ATM.

This is a seasonal film the end has not been heard of this blockbuster. Meffy is frustrated, he inherited Naira at 155 to the Dollar and in about 7 years of his superintending over Nigeria's Economy policy, the Naira has lost so much value that it is now 570 to the Dollar on the parallel market.

1 Like

Re: Full Statement Of Godwin Emefiele On AbokiFX (Video) by Godisfaithful: 10:21pm On Sep 18, 2021
Anything that expose the incompetence of this present Nigeria government always want to be silenced. For examples, End Sars Movement, Twitter Ban, and now it is Abokifx turn.

CBN~ “Abokifx is the problem of $$$$ scarcity…”

Abokifx ~ “ We sincerely hope this suspension will lead to the a Naira appreciation from next week…”

Savage response grin
Re: Full Statement Of Godwin Emefiele On AbokiFX (Video) by Frezhkid10(m): 10:25pm On Sep 18, 2021
Muhylonaire007:
Mtcheeeew....
Most dunce CBN governor ever liveth.
Sha make sure that Naira rises against Dollar from next week, as if na AbokiFX dey devalue naira. Idiotic human being
Oga please sit down, listen and understand what the CBN gov. Is trying to say…I guess you are not in Nigeria and you are happy the naira is falling..
Re: Full Statement Of Godwin Emefiele On AbokiFX (Video) by FEGEITOK: 10:32pm On Sep 18, 2021
Could this be deflection strategy?

Against going after terror sponsors and against going after the BDCs?
Re: Full Statement Of Godwin Emefiele On AbokiFX (Video) by Frezhkid10(m): 10:41pm On Sep 18, 2021
Eriokanmi:
It's not the truth. How many bdcs have time to visit abokifx before fixing rates, do the majority of them even understand what it means? FYI, I visit abokifx.com just to update myself too. By the time I visit the bdcs in Ikeja, the rates aren't always the same. Always a diff of up to 3 usd higher than abokifx rates. Yet, go to the CBN and check their rates.They'd tell you that autonomous rates are 505naira to 1 usd for instance whereas, bdcs are fixing their rate at between 510naira and 515 naira. Instead of bscs going to abokifx, it's the other way round. Abokifx gets their rates by sampling opinions from bdcs around. The CBN is just jittery because they know the rates they post on their website aren't realistic. They're just deceiving themselves.

I expect them to go after terror sponsors instead if chasing shadows. They know them. What is the CBN governor afraid of ?
You have refused to see the point here…
I work with a company that imports drugs and market..we get our dollars directly from the bank…but when determining selling price we use black market rates…and where do we get this rates from Abokifx.com…we don’t have any dealings with BDC…

1 Like

Re: Full Statement Of Godwin Emefiele On AbokiFX (Video) by sirabbey(m): 10:47pm On Sep 18, 2021
Frezhkid10:

You have refused to see the point here…
I work with a company that imports drugs and market..we get our dollars directly from the bank…but when determining selling price we use black market rates…and where do we get this rates from Abokifx.com…we don’t have any dealings with BDC…

What your company is doing is one of the problems killing the Naira. After sourcing your FX from Bank at the official CBN rate, you turn around and fix the price of your drugs using the parallel market rate on Aboki FX (rather than the official rate you got your FX) which is significantly higher just so you make unethical profits. That is unpatriotic and inflicting hardships on ordinary Nigerians buying your drugs.

1 Like

Re: Full Statement Of Godwin Emefiele On AbokiFX (Video) by fkj950ax(m): 11:59pm On Sep 18, 2021
Seun:

You should know he's a BMC human bot.

They just copy the same argument and post everywhere online to change the narrative to suit the governments agenda.

Same government that is actively clamping down on freedom of information is the number one chief of online misinformation
Re: Full Statement Of Godwin Emefiele On AbokiFX (Video) by fkj950ax(m): 12:03am On Sep 19, 2021
AbokiFX has been there since 2014, is it 2021 that the site became a threat?

What is the succes story of Emefiele's FX MMM. Did the $1 for N5 increase FX inflow or bring the exchange rate down?
It has been on for 12 months this September
Re: Full Statement Of Godwin Emefiele On AbokiFX (Video) by wissy47: 12:08am On Sep 19, 2021
24brains:
you nailed it

Wetin the guy really nail for there na? Let leave tribalism and focus on an institution that is blaming a website who publish rate they get from aboki currency exchanger for their failure.

1 Like

Re: Full Statement Of Godwin Emefiele On AbokiFX (Video) by jaxxy(m): 4:31am On Sep 19, 2021
KUNZEH:
Lol, let's see what will happen after bringing down ABOkiFX.
I hope this suspension will lead to naira appreciation from next week.

AbokiFX is out to make a profit from foreign exchange sales and yes this can be taken advantage of and used against the masses and country if not checked.

Black market has always been there bt they don’t determine Cbn or bank rates, they just tell u how much they will buy or sell there’s in the black market compared to the bank.

How AbokiFX got to this point of determining rates is what I don’t know.
Re: Full Statement Of Godwin Emefiele On AbokiFX (Video) by tunwumi: 5:27am On Sep 19, 2021
With few lines he mentioned there the owner of Abokifx is on a one way ticket to prison in UK for a long period. He has been making hundreds of thousands pounds a year and he's declaring just 1k pound annually for 7 year. They don't joke with taxes there and all his fund is kept in Nigeria as all his accounts and business partners has been tracked. The best is for him to slow down cos he's a criminal in two places. The way they will handle him is to jail him for sometime then deport him to Nigeria to get further punishment.

And with NDA he can never mention the name of his partners. He's on his own.

Eriokanmi:
Useless fool.After UAE government did his job for him, he came out chasing shadows. I wish I was the founder of abokifx, I'd have sued them for 20bn naira for the unfounded and baseless allegations. They felt jittery the way aboki fx is exposing them to the outside world. CBN would post particular but unrealistic autonimous rates on their website meanwhile when you go to ikeja to trade in forex at aboki offices, what you get is totally different and that's place where aboki fx gets his facts from , before posting them on his website .

I was expecting emefeile to name those buying amunitions with forex who are mainly members of the apc , just same way the UAE govt assisted him to do what he has refused to do out of fear , he was rather chasing shadows. I'd have become billions richer today, if I were aboki fx founder. My lawyers too would have been smiling by now. Iranu

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Affiliate Marketing! Please Don't Invest On This Nigerian Platform / Christmas: Lagos Beer Parlour Operators Lament Low Patronage / How To Withdraw From Neteller In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.