Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,093 members, 7,957,091 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 07:00 AM

Why Northern PDP Chieftains Have No Moral Claim To PDP Ticket In 2023 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Northern PDP Chieftains Have No Moral Claim To PDP Ticket In 2023 (10411 Views)

Wike: My Grouse With Saraki, Tambuwal, Other Northern PDP Presidential Aspirants / 2023: Southern APC Candidate Or Northern PDP Candidate? / I Was Warned By Northern PDP Leader Not To Attack, Criticise Buhari Again - FFK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Northern PDP Chieftains Have No Moral Claim To PDP Ticket In 2023 by Ausval: 11:06pm On Sep 18, 2021
I don't care about these zoning nonsense

All we are looking for is a credible leader who can take this country to a greater height ,where all the sufferings will be reduced and we as Nigerians will have a reason to be grateful that we are Nigerians

I don't care where this leader will come from, if he like make he come from Mars or Jupiter i don't care
Re: Why Northern PDP Chieftains Have No Moral Claim To PDP Ticket In 2023 by IPIGSRDOTARDS: 11:06pm On Sep 18, 2021
Rubbish post. Jona-daft screwed them all up by not abiding by the agreement not to run for a second term.
They can go to hell anyway including Jona-daft.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Northern PDP Chieftains Have No Moral Claim To PDP Ticket In 2023 by bigpicture001: 11:07pm On Sep 18, 2021
The APC if playing PDP for a fool .. they are using southern unity as a card to assume advantage in general election victory .
.PDP shouldnt fall for this.. if they do.. they will never lead the nation

1 Like

Re: Why Northern PDP Chieftains Have No Moral Claim To PDP Ticket In 2023 by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:13pm On Sep 18, 2021
EILTD:
Quite surprised to see the U-turn of Tonye. I thought you were advocating for Atiku? So what brought about this sudden change? What part of the south do you advocate the Presidential ticket to be zoned to? The SE, SS or SW.

At least you just spoke about for equity reasons in your article, the reason I want clarification?
When did I advocate for Atiku? It's like some of you are gifted with dumbness
Re: Why Northern PDP Chieftains Have No Moral Claim To PDP Ticket In 2023 by adamumar522(m): 11:27pm On Sep 18, 2021
Buhari's 8 years cancelled Obasanjo's 8 years balanced. Also Jonathan's 6 years minus Yar'aduas' 2 years making 4 years. The North still has four years to go whether u like it or not come 2023. My advice to Southern political gladiators is to find a simple headed Northern candidate that won't seek reelection after the 4 years (beyond 2027) and hand over to the South for political balance, equity and fairness
Re: Why Northern PDP Chieftains Have No Moral Claim To PDP Ticket In 2023 by Arewalegend: 11:32pm On Sep 18, 2021
Nonpartisan1:
I have said it before; However, let me repeat it here for the sake of the uninitiated, any party that fields a Northerner in 2023, will lose the election before the first ballot is cast.

The kind of rigging that would happen in the South, even if the North counted all the cows in the desert they won't meet up the figures that we are going churn out from the South..

Enough Said!
grin see this one election way go be free and fair..nyamiri no fit rule Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Why Northern PDP Chieftains Have No Moral Claim To PDP Ticket In 2023 by tnerro1(m): 11:33pm On Sep 18, 2021
Nonpartisan1:
I have said it before; However, let me repeat it here for the sake of the uninitiated, any party that fields a Northerner in 2023, will lose the election before the first ballot is cast.

The kind of rigging that would happen in the South, even if the North counted all the cows in the desert they won't meet up the figures that we are going churn out from the South..

Enough Said!

I swear all man go return to village, na from grassroot the something go dey happen. After this injustice for 8 years, we will not be able to survive another 8 years of them. Instead make everything fall scatter.

1 Like

Re: Why Northern PDP Chieftains Have No Moral Claim To PDP Ticket In 2023 by MrColdsweat: 12:13am On Sep 19, 2021
Useless dead party.
Re: Why Northern PDP Chieftains Have No Moral Claim To PDP Ticket In 2023 by drealcivilceno(m): 12:20am On Sep 19, 2021
seunmsg:
https://www.nairaland.com/6726995/2023-why-pdp-cannot-afford

Just last month, you advocated for PDP to throw its presidential ticket open and not zone it to the south. Barely three weeks later, you are back with another thread to advocate for the same ticket to be zoned to the south. Guy, is FFK your mentor? It seems you guys have lots of things in common.
I come in peace grin grin cheesy

He is only telling you not to trust the northern governors, APC or PDP.

Try to have a bird eye view, not horse eyed.
Re: Why Northern PDP Chieftains Have No Moral Claim To PDP Ticket In 2023 by barcaboi(m): 12:55am On Sep 19, 2021
How PDP and goons try to make their own internal issue tht of Nigeria dey always sweet me sha. And dem sabi point fingers tire. 5 govs left and those within worked against kinikan. Your internal democracy sucks. 2019 came same backstabbing; same guys that left to APC; Atiku, Saraki, tambuwal were the highlights of the primaries. Saraki was used to checkmate tambuwal. What then happened? OGD and ekweremadu that were the front of the primaries were abandoned for dem Peter obi.
You make a law then deviate; PDP used religious card Judiciously 2015 against PMB and tho APC have a lot of blame but many distrust today was planted by the God forsaken party. Now the same people pushing the PDP northern candidacy forgot how they pushed the narrative of us against the north. PDP will do anything to get back into power.
Re: Why Northern PDP Chieftains Have No Moral Claim To PDP Ticket In 2023 by freegaza(m): 1:29am On Sep 19, 2021
Trumann:
If PDP fields a Northern candidate, it will lose. If Apc fields a Northern candidate, it will lose. Any party that fields a Northern candidate in 2023 will lose. Northerners are romancing Igbos thinking the VP ticket will get them SE votes.

Look at the picture attached. In 2011, Buhari was thinking like a regional champion. He won the Northern states but lost woefully despite using an Igbo man as VP to garner Igbo votes.

2023, this will repeat itself. Any party who foolishly gives the North its ticket will lose. Guaranteed.

That was the worst election in the history of Nigeria. There was 90% turn up in South East and South South and GEJ has 99% of total votes cast. That has never happened, the rigging was second to none. We still remember!
Re: Why Northern PDP Chieftains Have No Moral Claim To PDP Ticket In 2023 by Trumann: 1:41am On Sep 19, 2021
freegaza:

That was the worst election in the history of Nigeria. There was 90% turn up in South East and South South and GEJ has 99% of total votes cast. That has never happened, the rigging was second to none. We still remember!

Kashim Shattima won Borno Guber in 2015 with 94.92%. Zulum won with about 91%, but you are here lamenting.
You think Kano and Co can muster 4M plus votes but they can't justify the number in terms of revenue.

In fact, Delta, Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa or Rivers should be selecting your leaders for you. Afterall, you are useless to the country and these states feed you.
Re: Why Northern PDP Chieftains Have No Moral Claim To PDP Ticket In 2023 by onuman: 2:19am On Sep 19, 2021
If PDP fields a northern presidential candidate in 2023, it’s a ticket to oblivion for the PDP as political party.
North has led Nigeria in 75% of the country’s existence as independent Nigeria.
Northern PDP must not start to count the leadership history of Nigeria from 1999.
The south must produce PDP presidential election candidate in 2023.

4 Likes

Re: Why Northern PDP Chieftains Have No Moral Claim To PDP Ticket In 2023 by onuman: 2:26am On Sep 19, 2021
seunmsg:

Just last month, you advocated for PDP to throw its presidential ticket open and not zone it to the south. Barely three weeks later, you are back with another thread to advocate for the same ticket to be zoned to the south. Guy, is FFK your mentor? It seems you guys have lots of things in common.

Ha ha ha. Any political calculus that does not favor your BAT and his presidential ambition, you poo Pooh it.

2 Likes

Re: Why Northern PDP Chieftains Have No Moral Claim To PDP Ticket In 2023 by Abujason: 2:58am On Sep 19, 2021
blamingthedevil:
PDP is a terrorist Party....is no longer existing

Party now belongs to IPOB Taliban- Vanguard

While APC has become a party of hardship, terrorists and thieves. Mr. Suffering and enjoying it too.
Go figure!

2 Likes

Re: Why Northern PDP Chieftains Have No Moral Claim To PDP Ticket In 2023 by Abujason: 3:05am On Sep 19, 2021
uthlaw:
Osibanjo/Zulum will take over from 2023!
Will not have issues with that ticket or Amaechi and Akeredolu teaming up with a non-Fulani preferably!

I am Igbo but I will vote for that ticket before Rochas, Uzodinma, Obiano, the useless, thieving Ikpuazu, and the other ass-kisser from Ebonyi state… whatever his name is.
Igbos, kedu onye melanyi ifea?
Re: Why Northern PDP Chieftains Have No Moral Claim To PDP Ticket In 2023 by RichAbujaGuy: 3:11am On Sep 19, 2021
The Northern PDP has a steep mountain to climb. wink
Re: Why Northern PDP Chieftains Have No Moral Claim To PDP Ticket In 2023 by Aufbauh(m): 4:58am On Sep 19, 2021
The simple political arithmetic is that the very day the PDP gives it ticket to a southerner is the day they lost out in the 2023 presidential election.

These are some of the reasons why the PDP with a southern candidate will have no chance winning 2023 presidential election:

1. The reality is that there's no foreseeable PDP southerner in the political landscape that has a national appeal that can woo up to 30% of the Northern votes.

2. The PDP is more stronger in the south considering it acceptance in at least 2 out of 3 geopolitical zones. Thus it is regarded as it natural habitat or stronghold and the decision to pick it presidential candidate from there will add little or no electoral value to their chances.

3. If the PDP decides to field a southern candidate the said PDP gladiators will still work against it or at best become uninterested in their domain.

4. Elections are won by political structures not by street or bear parlour strength. As it stands the APC has more structures in the north and southwest and can leverage on that to easily sell dummies to the voters.

5. The possibility for PDP to field a Southwestern candidate is slim compare to the APC. Apart from GEJ from the entire SS/SE the northern electorates has strong animosity for those zones to produce president in the near future.

6. The Northern electorates will be out to prove a point to spite the Southerners even if all the major party presidential candidate comes from the south. What that mean is that, where majority of the Southerners tend to follow which is more likely to be PDP they'll go the other way.

There are lot of reasons including and not limited to separatist agitation from the south which is being championed by the PDP sympathizers as perceived by northerners.
All these factors and so many more will be the PDP undoing even before the 2023 poll.

Summarily, While a northern candidate will give the PDP a chance at the poll, the selection of a southern PDP candidate will be dead on arrival. Zoning is a banana peel placed by the APC for the PDP.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Northern PDP Chieftains Have No Moral Claim To PDP Ticket In 2023 by BafanaBafana: 5:11am On Sep 19, 2021
TonyeBarcanista:
By Tonye Barcanista

Penultimate to the election of 2015, leaders of Peoples Democratic Party from the north led agitation for power shift to the region. The argument then was that it was immoral for President Goodluck Jonathan, as then was, to seek reelection under the platform of the party having entered a pact not to do so.

Seeing that they couldn't stop President Jonathan from getting the nomination of the party, they activated plan B. Some of them, like Senator Bukola Saraki, Governor Rabiu Kwankwaso, Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar and host of others alongside their supporters switched to the newly formed merger, All Progressive Congress, to actualise their ambition for power shift to north. Alhaji Abubakar and Governor Kwankwaso vied for the nomination of their new party but lost to General Muhammadu Buhari. Their comrades, which remained in PDP, internally worked against PDP and Jonathan.

All of these northern politicians, alongside others, fully supported the campaign of General Buhari, which culminated into his victory over President Jonathan, and thereby actualising powers shift to the north.

Rather than to support President Jonathan, who was restricted to only 4 years in office (if reelected), they miscalculated by supporting General Muhammadu Buhari who they never knew had plans to seek reelection in 2019. When they saw the handwriting on the wall that President Buhari was to seek reelection and was favored for the nomination, they returned to PDP to lay claim to the Presidential ticket of the party. The same PDP they deserted and made to lose central power in 2015.

Southern PDP Chieftains, out of their magnanimity and need for equity and fairness, wholly accepted these returnees and backed zoning of the 2019 Presidential ticket to northern part of the country in line with equity and fairness. That process threw up Alhaji Abubakar, who had left in 2014 but returned in 2018 as the candidate of the party, to challenge President Buhari of APC.

As we approach 2023, it would be unfair for the party to shortchange the south in the guise of appeasing these northern chieftains. I hold two reasons for this;

The first is that President Buhari, who these northern PDP chieftains helped bring to power, is a northerner. And it won't be fair to the south for another northerner to seek to succeed him as after uninterrupted eight years in office in 2023. The moral thing is for the party to look towards the south instead.

Secondly, the southern PDP, and by extension southern Nigeria, was the biggest loser in the loss of PDP and Jonathan in 2015. More so, for the fact that the 2015 loss was catalysed by the actions of these northern PDP chieftains, it would be unfair and amount to double tragedy for the region to be made to give up its opportunity to appease the same people that brought about the tragedy.

Therefore, the PDP Zoning Committee under the leadership of His Excellency, Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, should as a matter of patriotism, fairness and justice, do the needful by zoning the party's National Chairmanship seat to the north and the Presidential ticket to the south.

May I also state that the south, being the stronghold of the party, is capable to galvanise support for a Presidential candidate from the south and deliver victory to the party at the polls in 2023. Furthermore, more than 55% of the northern electorates are comfortable with power shift to the south in 2023, and are looking up to PDP to make this happen.

I remain Tamunotonye Tonye Barcanista Inioribo
Wike, the CEO of your party is making plans to hand over the ticket to a northerner. Your rantings should be directed to him.
Re: Why Northern PDP Chieftains Have No Moral Claim To PDP Ticket In 2023 by BafanaBafana: 5:13am On Sep 19, 2021
Nonpartisan1:

Enough Said!
Seems you don't know how rigging works.
Re: Why Northern PDP Chieftains Have No Moral Claim To PDP Ticket In 2023 by mapet: 5:25am On Sep 19, 2021
seunmsg:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Northern PDP Chieftains Have No Moral Claim To PDP Ticket In 2023 by Sheggy13(m): 5:29am On Sep 19, 2021
chloride6:
I'll never understand Atiku not supporting Jonathan in 2015...

All you had to do was wait 4 years...

That's because he's greedy and too desperate to be President like it's his birthright. I'm scared of such a character. I don't really see him doing anything meaningful just like Buhari that contested serially like he had something to offer, only to get there and mess up the country.
Re: Why Northern PDP Chieftains Have No Moral Claim To PDP Ticket In 2023 by IdJack(m): 5:43am On Sep 19, 2021
APC and PDP are the same.

Let them gettout

Have you visited my signature today?
Re: Why Northern PDP Chieftains Have No Moral Claim To PDP Ticket In 2023 by kponkedenge(m): 6:01am On Sep 19, 2021
blamingthedevil:
PDP is a terrorist Party....is no longer existing

Party now belongs to IPOB Taliban- Vanguard

And APC is what?

A jihadist, fulani terrorist party.
Re: Why Northern PDP Chieftains Have No Moral Claim To PDP Ticket In 2023 by ityP(m): 6:08am On Sep 19, 2021
chloride6:
I'll never understand Atiku not supporting Jonathan in 2015...

All you had to do was wait 4 years...

Aswear. Very foolish man. Greed kills. Because of that singular act, he may have lost his chance of ever becoming President
Re: Why Northern PDP Chieftains Have No Moral Claim To PDP Ticket In 2023 by ityP(m): 6:12am On Sep 19, 2021
onuman:

Ha ha ha. Any political calculus that does not favor your BAT and his presidential ambition, you poo Pooh it.

BAT sef no go even contest. People supporting him without his saying anything don't know wassup
Re: Why Northern PDP Chieftains Have No Moral Claim To PDP Ticket In 2023 by ityP(m): 6:16am On Sep 19, 2021
Aufbauh:
The simple political arithmetic is that the very day the PDP gives it ticket to a southerner is the day they lost out in the 2023 presidential election.

These are some of the reasons why the PDP with a southern candidate will have no chance winning 2023 presidential election:

1. The reality is that there's no foreseeable PDP southerner in the political landscape that has a national appeal that can woo up to 30% of the Northern votes.

2. The PDP is more stronger in the south considering it acceptance in at least 2 out of 3 geopolitical zones. Thus it is regarded as it natural habitat or stronghold and the decision to pick it presidential candidate from there will add little or no electoral value to their chances.

3. If the PDP decides to field a southern candidate the said PDP gladiators will still work against it or at best become uninterested in their domain.

4. Elections are won by political structures not by street or bear parlour strength. As it stands the APC has more structures in the north and southwest and can leverage on that to easily sell dummies to the voters.

5. The possibility for PDP to field a Southwestern candidate is slim compare to the APC. Apart from GEJ from the entire SS/SE the northern electorates has strong animosity for those zones to produce president in the near future.

6. The Northern electorates will be out to prove a point to spite the Southerners even if all the major party presidential candidate comes from the south. What that mean is that, where majority of the Southerners tend to follow which is more likely to be PDP they'll go the other way.

There are lot of reasons including and not limited to separatist agitation from the south which is being championed by the PDP sympathizers as perceived by northerners.
All these factors and so many more will be the PDP undoing even before the 2023 poll.

Summarily, While a northern candidate will give the PDP a chance at the poll, the selection of a southern PDP candidate will be dead on arrival. Zoning is a banana peel placed by the APC for the PDP.

Omo. See how you analysed things without sounding partisan. I applaud you. I'm desperate for a Southern President but even I would admit, you made very valid points. For the PDP, their only chance is a northern candidate. Hopefully, the idiotic president will not select a Southerner that will do his and the North's bidding

1 Like

Re: Why Northern PDP Chieftains Have No Moral Claim To PDP Ticket In 2023 by Gunayo(m): 6:22am On Sep 19, 2021
adamumar522:
Buhari's 8 years cancelled Obasanjo's 8 years balanced. Also Jonathan's 6 years minus Yar'aduas' 2 years making 4 years. The North still has four years to go whether u like it or not come 2023. My advice to Southern political gladiators is to find a simple headed Northern candidate that won't seek reelection after the 4 years (beyond 2027) and hand over to the South for political balance, equity and fairness
No wonder you are adamu. So a northern candidate should be be given power that won't seek reelection in 2027 really? Tell me who will be in power and won't like to remain their atleast for another 4 years after his first tenure? Please you northerners should pack one side and let an intellectual southerner come to power and fix the rot instead of bring one stupid permutation and drag us backward further. So what Buhari has done is not enough abi you guys wants to come and finish the country finally. Now l believe that the north have agenda, an evil one for that matter. Southerners need to unite in one voice and in one accord and save itself from the shackles of the northerners. If the north want to continue to hold unto power beyond 2023, then they should give room for disentegration of the country. No southern president come 2023, no one Nigeria.
God bless Southerners
God bless freedom fighters
God bless Nigeria.
Re: Why Northern PDP Chieftains Have No Moral Claim To PDP Ticket In 2023 by Anago55: 6:45am On Sep 19, 2021
The silence of the Igbo nation in all these political permutations and sidings should be a thing of worry to every discerning Nigerian who is not built in hatred towards the igbos. It is scary that those who should be in the forefront for the presidency 2023 are keeping silent while separatist take over there region. Definitely the east has a card they are planning to play come 2023

Secession?

You just have to figure it out yourself
Re: Why Northern PDP Chieftains Have No Moral Claim To PDP Ticket In 2023 by seunmsg(m): 6:47am On Sep 19, 2021
adamumar522:

What about Abdulsalam’s 1 year, Abacha’s 5 years, IBB’s 8 years, Buhari 2 years, Shagari’s 4 years, Murtala’s 1 year, Gowon’s 9 years and Balewa’s 6 years? You think Nigeria started in 1999, right?

For equity, fairness and political balance, the south need to rule for at least 30 years to bridge the gap with the north. After that, we can start talking about the turn of the north since we are all up for fairness and equity this time around.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023: Kwankwaso Promises Free JAMB And WAEC If Elected / INEC To Conduct Elections On Sunday In 141 Polling Units In Yenagoa, Bayelsa / Would You Re-elect Your Current Governor?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.