Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

2Face Idibia's New Video - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 2Face Idibia's New Video (11548 Views)

2face Idibia - Nfana Ibaga 2014 Remix (MUSIC) / Is 2face Idibia's New Video A Slap On Naija's Face? / Is 2face Idibia's New Video A Slap On Naija's Face? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2Face Idibia's New Video by angel101(f): 9:28am On Jul 24, 2007
I cant watch the video now cos I'm at work, but he certainly shouldn't wear a Ghanaian Tee. whats up with these Kennis people. have they totally lost it? I always thot they were a bit armature in their approach but this really
Re: 2Face Idibia's New Video by mimiko(f): 10:26am On Jul 24, 2007
cant view the video is it just me?
Re: 2Face Idibia's New Video by Effa(m): 1:00pm On Jul 24, 2007
Why crucify him, Cos he wore a ghanian t shirt does not mean he's not representing nigeria,
I dey sure na those fucking haters they talk like this

Ghana happens to be a better place and location for the video, why not crucify Ludacris when he shot 'pimping all over the world' in South africa ehhhh, Ode people
I see nothing wrong in the t shirt anway if you got a problem with the t shirt, then do not watch the video again ok

Simple
love you tu
Re: 2Face Idibia's New Video by Olart(m): 1:29pm On Jul 24, 2007
Guys, think like a business man this time:
Tuface is a Nigerian, that can not be changed. He is a star in Nigeria, thats a fact. His album will sell in Nigeria even if it is being sold by monkeys on the street of Lagos, that we know. Any average Nigerian will smile when they hear or see Tuface, yes we know. Which means, Tuface has a solid market base in Nigeria, kponkwem.
Now he needs to spread out to other part of Africa, he is known world wide quite alright, but now what if he wants to start creating an African home boy image like Angela, Makeba etc. What do you think will be the best strategy? Now you see why out of a 10-track album, shooting 1 (only 1) in Ghana with paraphenelia of Ghana all over him is 'good business sense'.
Ask yourself, when that track is shown on Channel 'O' will they title it a Ghanian Tuface production or Nigerian Tuface production - with a caveat- shot on locations in Ghana, mind you by a Nigerian outfit (Kennys).

I am suprised no one ever quarelled with countless musical videos of Nigerian Artiste produced in the USA and various location in Europe but now it is Ghana and we are making all these fuss about Tuface wearing a Ghanian shirt.
Tuface, or may be his producers actually, are smart guys, they are building a solid international base for Tuface. Not just by award but by building a continental ownership of the young man by all Africans. I guess it takes a matured sight to discern that strategy.
Re: 2Face Idibia's New Video by anusule(m): 2:46pm On Jul 24, 2007
if he shot the video in ghana or wherever without ptting on the ghanian t-shirt fine! but him putting it on and shooting it there, people who don't know him too well would think he is ghanian!. spotting a ghanian t-shirt means he is f**king ghanian!! shit, use your brainz!

fck!
Re: 2Face Idibia's New Video by chichimma(f): 2:47pm On Jul 24, 2007
The song is ok not close to my favorites of Tuface.  The videoclip is good and I love the location however  the promoting of Ghana in this videoclip is three much! I think they overdid that part. They could have kept things simple without Tuface wearing  a Ghana t-shirt. It is not necessary in the world of entertainment to over do things and loose your identity!  Yeah Tuface has always been promoting Naija in many ways in his other songs however now he is loosing consistency of his image. He is portraying now another image with this song. It looks like he will do anything to get some international recognition, which is a bit of a turn off! Does it mean that whenever he shoots in another country he will wear their T-shirt! Mmmmh, I think it would be less of a point if he wore a Nigerian T-shirt in one of these shots or just left out the Ghana T-shirt!  

Do not get me wrong, Tuface should spread his wings and fly because he has talent but the way he is trying to reach his goals is not appealing to me. Represent yourself and stay true as an artist. That is why I like Akon in his songs "Mama Africa", Ghetto, etc, he always represents Senegal to the core! Anyway, I think his directors and record label "Kennis Music"are out of date when it comes to directing videoclips otherwise they would have  not be so obvious with the message and clip that it is shot in Ghana.
Re: 2Face Idibia's New Video by anusule(m): 3:03pm On Jul 24, 2007
u v just said the koko!
Re: 2Face Idibia's New Video by Modups1(f): 4:29pm On Jul 24, 2007
tubaba, no lee lee!!! grin

he is just luving his ghanian brodas, make una free am abeg

i think d video is nicer dan d song though undecided
Re: 2Face Idibia's New Video by nutyay(m): 6:33pm On Jul 24, 2007
It's f*cked up. That guy no do well. Shootin a video in ghana doesen't give him d right 2 rep them all d way. I neva see ghananian shoot video 4 naija talkless of wearin our t shirt. Bullsh*t
Re: 2Face Idibia's New Video by OmoEko1(f): 6:49pm On Jul 24, 2007
abi oh angry angry angry angry foolish guy but i still love him kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: 2Face Idibia's New Video by seun001(m): 6:51pm On Jul 24, 2007
Olart:

Tuface is a Nigerian, that can not be changed. He is a star in Nigeria, thats a fact. His album will sell in Nigeria even if it is being sold by monkeys on the street of Lagos, that we know. Any average Nigerian will smile when they hear or see Tuface, yes we know. Which means, Tuface has a solid market base in Nigeria, kponkwem.
Now he needs to spread out to other part of Africa, he is known world wide quite alright, but now what if he wants to start creating an African home boy image like Angela, Makeba etc. What do you think will be the best strategy? Now you see why out of a 10-track album, shooting 1 (only 1) in Ghana with paraphenelia of Ghana all over him is 'good business sense'.
Ask yourself, when that track is shown on Channel 'O' will they title it a Ghanian Tuface production or Nigerian Tuface production - with a caveat- shot on locations in Ghana, mind you by a Nigerian outfit (Kennys).

I am suprised no one ever quarelled with countless musical videos of Nigerian Artiste produced in the USA and various location in Europe but now it is Ghana and we are making all these fuss about Tuface wearing a Ghanian shirt.
Tuface, or may be his producers actually, are smart guys, they are building a solid international base for Tuface. Not just by award but by building a continental ownership of the young man by all Africans. I guess it takes a matured sight to discern that strategy.

SO because U WANNA SPEARD UR WINGS OR DO BUSINESS U DESTROY UR HOME ABI.OR ISNT IT WE NIGERIANS THAT WILL TAKE HIM BACK WITH OPEN HANDS WHEN HE IS REJECTED ABROAD.
THINK U SHOULD READ A BOOK ON 'HOW NOT TO DO BUSINESS"
IF HE IS SHOWN ON CHANNEL 'O'.WONT THEY BE WONDERING IF HE NATURALISED TO BECOME A GHANIAN,AND LIKE SOMEONE SAID,AKON PROMOTES HIS COUNTRY EVERY TIME HE PICKS UP THE MIC,SO WHAT U TALKING ABT?

HE HAS AN IMAGE TO PROJECT AND THATS NOT HOW HE IS GONNA GET ACCEPTANCE PERIOD.
Re: 2Face Idibia's New Video by angel101(f): 7:26pm On Jul 24, 2007
LOL!!! whats with the yellow shorts? lol. I'm not feeling the video at all. I think he could have done better. tongue
Re: 2Face Idibia's New Video by Carlosein(m): 7:38pm On Jul 24, 2007
all u pple dis tin is a KENNIS MUSIC THING NOW (those overgrown babies are at it again)

please represent us some when shootin a video abi ur mama come from ghana.

it is just too much (busines sense or otherwise) shikena!
Re: 2Face Idibia's New Video by warfarian(m): 7:50pm On Jul 24, 2007
SO UNA JUST DEY REALISE SAY THOSE KENIS PIPO THEM B FOOL, LAUGHIN STUPIDLY, AND ACTING FOOLISHLY, WHAT ELSE DO U EXPECT FROM THEM, LOL, NA THEM SABI, E NO CONCERN ME, NA FAZE VIDEO ME DEY WAIT FOR,FOR NOW MAKE I DEY WATCH PSQAURE N THE REST

WHO EVEN BRING THIS KIND TOPIC HERE SELF, ABI FIND SOMETINHF MORE INTERESTING AND FUN TO POST OKAY

TY U
Re: 2Face Idibia's New Video by Dios(f): 7:37am On Jul 25, 2007
Shame dude had to go to ghana to get good visuals. The chick looks badd too, better than all the ones in his three other videos i've seen put together, y'all aint got girls like that in nigeria or what?
Re: 2Face Idibia's New Video by aloib(f): 7:47am On Jul 25, 2007
i love the song, guys guys guys, relax now, alll dse ranting bout ghana, main thing is the video is cool,

we ave got hawtttt girls in naija o, example me grin
Re: 2Face Idibia's New Video by McDoe(m): 10:01am On Jul 25, 2007
There is absolutely nothing fantastic about the video. It is blurred and achaic. No doubt, the song is good but the video itself smacks of a naive boy looking for his roots. Check Paul Play & Faze videos. They are just too beautiful. Bleep this 2Face piece!
Re: 2Face Idibia's New Video by ToyinOj(m): 10:30am On Jul 25, 2007
I think 2 should be given the credit for being a talented vocalist smiley
Y shoot in ghana?, such a change could only be monetary. undecided
All in all, 2 ROCKS! grin grin grin
Re: 2Face Idibia's New Video by debojyde(m): 11:25am On Jul 25, 2007
Olart:

Well said!

It,s obvious this is just a marketing strategy(and a smart one too).No matter what tuface wears in his video,his fans in Naija will still stay loyal to him.With thjis video,he,ll most likely increase his fan base in ghana.I wondered why he should wear a ghana tee at first then i thought "whatever",this guy has been repping naija 4ever,why crucify him now.Kudos to kennis music for giving us a good video "at last".

For Tu face Haters, "Hate him or love him,he,s on top". and "He keeps laughing straight to the bank".
Re: 2Face Idibia's New Video by Effa(m): 11:58am On Jul 25, 2007
If you are into musical Business, Then you will know why kennis music had to choose Ghana and also wearing a ghanian T-shirt, Do you know how happy ghanians would be, he's deinitely won there hearts.

Just try reason as musical business man ok,
Tu face has repped NIgeria in so many ways , Gats to go ok

Safe
Re: 2Face Idibia's New Video by anusule(m): 3:18pm On Jul 25, 2007
nice yellow shorts though! undecided
Re: 2Face Idibia's New Video by zigbo(f): 3:55pm On Jul 25, 2007
i said sumthinng earlier but i forgot to add that wen i first watched the video i watched it without volume i.e sound and his whole movement was like he was singing EKWE-stereo man.the movement was jst too much.i dunno wether they told him(tuface) that if he does not gesticulate too much in his ghana shirt *lol then that is nt makin a video undecided
Re: 2Face Idibia's New Video by Carlosein(m): 4:07pm On Jul 25, 2007
business sense must not be nonsense now! angry

there is such a thing as overkill, overhype, overdo! ha ha please. embarassed angry embarassed angry
Re: 2Face Idibia's New Video by denex: 4:40pm On Jul 25, 2007
Ask yourself whether if ludacris comes to South Africa to shoot a video, that gives him the right to fly South African flag.

Dr Alban has been shooting videos in Europe for years, yet he didn't use EU flag to sew a T-shirt. Shooting the video in Ghana is okay. At least financially it will save Kennis some money. Kennis has said they can't shoot a video that costs more than N100 K. Well, by the time they take N100,000 and convert it to Cedis, that's GHC 7 million; big boys. Besides, let's not forget that they will host a couple of shows to try to recoup their money back.

But the Ghanaian T-shirt is very stupid. How many Ghanaians has he seen coming to Nigeria to year the green/white/green?
Re: 2Face Idibia's New Video by chichimma(f): 5:56pm On Jul 25, 2007
Thank you denex, well said!

There is something like keeping your image one of the reasons why I like 2face so much is for his style and sound but if he keeps on changing his style he is just a flop artist with no backbone and true identity of what he represents. I know Kennis music will be thinking: lets go for the big money and 'Tuface wear that Ghana T-shirt with a smile on your face as if you have just gotten Ghana passport'! I guess he will win many hearts of the Ghana people while others will be saying look at this Nigerian fool with our t-shirt. Trust me some Ghanians will say that and laugh out loud!

The funny thing is someone said is a good marketing strategy! I don't think so! Kennis music should think well before they bring out a new video clip! why couldn't they keep it simple with just the signboards of Ghana and maybe even a flag! But the t-shirt is strange, I have not seen any other artist do it and if they do they are representing their country or is a football player(country) t-shirt. It is definitely some points down for Tuface undecided
Re: 2Face Idibia's New Video by seun001(m): 6:53pm On Jul 25, 2007
debojyde:

Well said!

It,s obvious this is just a marketing strategy(and a smart one too).No matter what tuface wears in his video,his fans in Naija will still stay loyal to him.With thjis video,he,ll most likely increase his fan base in ghana.I wondered why he should wear a ghana tee at first then i thought "whatever",this guy has been repping naija 4ever,why crucify him now.Kudos to kennis music for giving us a good video "at last".

For Tu face Haters, "Hate him or love him,he,s on top". and "He keeps laughing straight to the bank".

which fan will stay loyal to him.make he go ghana go sell sebi na wetin he want be that.just too bad i already bought his album,will punish him on his next album.he is a fan less for what he did.
BS
Re: 2Face Idibia's New Video by naijadiva2(f): 7:09pm On Jul 25, 2007
he's not the only artist that wore another man's country shirt. if you remember, faze on his faze alone remix, he had a shirt that said jamaica.
Re: 2Face Idibia's New Video by chichimma(f): 11:04pm On Jul 25, 2007
It is one thing wearing a t-shirt of a country in your videoclip then trying to over promote that! How many people remembered that Faze wore a t-shirt of Jamaica in one of his videoclips he shot in Nigeria?  Did the camera focuse solely on that t-shirt and showing billboards and signs of Jamaica? The answer is no!

Honestly, I don't have a problem with an artist wearing a t-shirt of another man's country however there is a way you do it that it becomes irritating! The first time I became irritated  was with Tuface he overdid things with this song, it is too obvious and too cheap! I think on stage it would be less akward if he wore the Ghana t-shirt at a live performance in Ghana but in a videoclip whereby it is clear that they wanted those shots and Ghana in the main attention of the song. If you ask me if I still remember what the song is about I would say that it is about "If loving Ghana is a crime I want to be haunted" something like that!
Re: 2Face Idibia's New Video by angel101(f): 9:51am On Jul 26, 2007
McDoe:

There is absolutely nothing fantastic about the video. It is blurred and achaic. No doubt, the song is good but the video itself smacks of a naive boy looking for his roots. Check Paul Play & Faze videos. They are just too beautiful. Bleep this 2Face piece!

I totally agree. I dont understand the hype if there's any. I do like tuface and i think he's a good vocalist but this video just doesnt do it for me.
Re: 2Face Idibia's New Video by bioye(m): 10:52am On Jul 26, 2007
debojyde and Olart have said it all.

It's simply marketing. Nigeria is already a sure market. They want to spread massively to the rest of Africa starting from Ghana. Maybe they over-did it a little but it's no biggy to me. I like the video. At least, its the best video 2Face has ever shot. Shows some improvement. I guess most of Nigerians can be over-sentimental at times. If love is a Crime remains my fav of all time from 2Face.
Re: 2Face Idibia's New Video by naijagal(f): 11:02am On Jul 26, 2007
tuface tuface tuface but y

wats up wit dat tee shirt?  
wats up wit d lyrics of dat song?
wats wit d endin of dat video  

and as for kenny's, una don come again wit OVERDO tongue tongue

overall d location is ok & d video is not too bad sha oh wink
Re: 2Face Idibia's New Video by AfroCynic: 11:45am On Jul 26, 2007
I am not mad about the 'Ghana' t shirt. I just think that Tuface needs to leave kennis music. I recall seeing a video for one of his songs that was some wack a$$ cartoons. I mean, this guy is pretty big. The video is alright, the colour is a little over the top. Dude also needs a stylist, the tee shirt is too small and there's something going on with his shorts. The song is not the best, 'true love' is much better but all the same I do think that TuFace reps Naija.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

9ice Wins 'Best African Artist' At Mobo Awards / Ice Prince - Aboki & More [prod. Chopstix] / Who Sang This Song ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.