Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,267 members, 7,860,622 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 01:24 PM

London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers (22041 Views)

Zenith Bank Adopts New Financial Reporting Style For Half-year / Banks Use Female Marketers To Woo Senators, Reps-elect (Punch) / I Want To Setup A Computer & Phone Retailer Shop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by mujila: 10:35pm On May 28, 2011
Hausa is the most popular language in Nigeria! It's just a logical decision unless one is blinded by tribalism!
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by Dede1(m): 10:46pm On May 28, 2011
@OP

The adoption of Hausa language by a London retailer should not be surprise to any sound thinking Nigerian. The British people are not stupid as they actually knew which ethnic group or related ethnic groups which had looted and continue to loot Nigeria bare.
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by aljharem3: 10:51pm On May 28, 2011
Dede1:

@OP

The adoption of Hausa language by a London retailer should not be surprise to any sound thinking Nigerian. The British people are not silly as they actually knew which ethnic group or related ethnic groups which had looted and continue to loot Nigeria bare.

u are an iddeiot

u know that right
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by henry101(m): 11:05pm On May 28, 2011
Nice cartoon Grafi, grin grin grin grin grin
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by ezeagu(m): 11:41pm On May 28, 2011
Dede1:

@OP

The adoption of Hausa language by a London retailer should not be surprise to any sound thinking Nigerian. The British people are not silly as they actually knew which ethnic group or related ethnic groups which had looted and continue to loot Nigeria bare.

After all, it's them that positioned them there now. grin shocked
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by olaolabiy: 11:52pm On May 28, 2011
Sagamite:

Go and find out what professional primary market researchers do.

What has that got to do with anything?

Primark is a subsidiary of another company.

The other company is FTSE100.

Sagamite, I don land here. I don land here to puncture your toriii. grin grin

Now, let's say you employed MORI to do this research, what exactly would MORI do?

Now, the reason why I mentioned Primark owners is that Primark is cheap yet AB Foods is FTSE100. So, Debenhams being FTSE250 means nothing.
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by olaolabiy: 11:56pm On May 28, 2011
Besides, Debenhams being FTSE250 doesn't mean they can't be guilty of poor calculation/research.

Prudential is FTSE100 but they got their bid for AIG Asian arm wrong. A very big company, for that matter.

They lost a whopping 500 million pounds as a result of this failed bid. shocked

So, Debenhams simply picked a Nigerian (major) language. Not as a result of any thorough research work.
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by olaolabiy: 12:11am On May 29, 2011
Wey dat Sagamite sef? grin
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by auwal87(m): 12:15am On May 29, 2011
HAUSA IS NOT A NIGERIAN LANGUAGE

PLEASE STOP THIS IGNORANCE

FYI: IT IS AN OFFICIAL LANGUAGE IN NIGER REPUBLIC
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by olaolabiy: 12:17am On May 29, 2011
auwal87:

HAUSA IS NOT A NIGERIAN LANGUAGE

PLEASE STOP THIS IGNORANCE

FYI: IT IS AN OFFICIAL LANGUAGE IN NIGER REPUBLIC

Ok sir. So, what do we call call that popular language widely spoken in Northern Naija?
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by auwal87(m): 12:29am On May 29, 2011
BBC HAUSA (UK)
VOA HAUSA (USA)
DEUTSCHE WELLE HAUSA (GERMANY)
RFI HAUSA (FRANCE)
IRIB HAUSA (IRAN)
CRI HAUSA (CHINA)

Those are some of the countries hosting radio broadcasts in HAUSA. None of them host Igbo or Yoruba!!!

Get your facts okayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy??

All the above are government owned radio stations.

Which is more important?? Corner boutique shop in London, or BBC
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by auwal87(m): 12:38am On May 29, 2011
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by olaolabiy: 12:45am On May 29, 2011
auwal87:

BBC HAUSA (UK)
VOA HAUSA (USA)
DEUTSCHE WELLE HAUSA (GERMANY)
RFI HAUSA (FRANCE)
IRIB HAUSA (IRAN)
CRI HAUSA (CHINA)

Those are some of the countries hosting radio broadcasts in HAUSA. None of them host Igbo or Yoruba!!!

Get your facts okayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy??

All the above are government owned radio stations.

Which is more important?? Corner boutique shop in London, or BBC

Abeg joo! Do you know the MAIN reason why they broadcast in Hausa? Do you? You won't like to know why. I tell yah.
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by auwal87(m): 12:46am On May 29, 2011
US Embassy in Nigeria hosts an OFFICIAL Magazine in Hausa (Magama)
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by olaolabiy: 12:47am On May 29, 2011
^^^^Do you think Oyinbos and Asians are silly. Do you think they do so just because they love Hausa people?
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by auwal87(m): 12:48am On May 29, 2011
ola olabiy:

Abeg joo! Do you know the MAIN reason why they broadcast in Hausa? Do you? You won't like to know why. I tell yah.

WHATEVER!!! Black Stomachhhhhhhh!!!

Do you know the MAIN reason why they NEVER broadcast in Yoruba or Igbo? Do you? You won't like to know why. I tell yah.
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by olaolabiy: 12:50am On May 29, 2011
auwal87:

WHATEVER!!! Black Stomachhhhhhhh!!!

Do you know the MAIN reason why they NEVER broadcast in Yoruba or Igbo? Do you? You won't like to know why. I tell yah.

grin
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by auwal87(m): 12:56am On May 29, 2011
Ratatatatatatatatata, All because "a" shop in UK adopted Hausa.
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by olaolabiy: 1:00am On May 29, 2011
auwal87:

Ratatatatatatatatata,  All because "a" shop in UK adopted Hausa.
No, Auwal. I love your people. I really do. Will always do, too.

By the way, I fit get one Hausa babe from your end so  smiley? I dey beg. Hausa b pretty people oo.

No vex.
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by auwal87(m): 1:02am On May 29, 2011
ola olabiy:

javascript:void(0);

By the way, I fit get one Hausa babe from your end so ? I dey beg. Hausa b pretty people oo.

No vex.

The most liberal Hausa are located in Kaduna and Jos, you will hardly find a Hausa girl that will accept you from more conservative states like Kano. But then goodluck! grin
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by olaolabiy: 1:04am On May 29, 2011
auwal87:

The most liberal Hausa are located in Kaduna and Jos, you will hardly find a Hausa girl that will accept you from more conservative states like Kano. But then goodluck! grin
grin

You no fit help? I dey beg nau. I go treat am well well oo.

I really need one. I wan be part of the Nigerian establishment. I dey tell you.

I need one for better for worse. Help, man
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by auwal87(m): 1:08am On May 29, 2011
ola olabiy:

grin

You no fit help? I dey beg nau. i go treat well well oo.

I really need one. I wan be part of the Nigerian establishment. I dey tell you.

I need one for better for worse. Help, man

There are pretty whole lots of them available on FB. So try your luck there. Remember, a proverb in Hausa says "Kwarya ta bi Kwarya", If you are Igbo, Marry Igbo, If you are Yoruba, Marry Yoruba, If you are Poor, Marry Poor, If you are Rich, Marry Rich, etc etc.

This topic should have been a place to discuss the importance of Hausa language and its growing influence on world media.
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by scholes0(m): 1:08am On May 29, 2011
[QUOTE]WHATEVER!!! Black Stomachhhhhhhh!!!

[/QUOTE]

, Do tell us, I am especially very eager to know why.
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by olaolabiy: 1:10am On May 29, 2011
auwal87:

There are pretty whole lots of them available on FB. So try your luck there. Remember, a proverb in Hausa says "Kwarya ta bi Kwarya", If you are Igbo, Marry Igbo, If you are Yoruba, Marry Yoruba, If you are Poor, Marry Poor, If you are Rich, Marry Rich, etc etc.

I reject this kain proverb patapata. Na rich girl me I want oo

You fit link to dem so?
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by scholes0(m): 1:11am On May 29, 2011
[QUOTE]There are pretty whole lots of them available on FB. So try your luck there. Remember, a proverb in Hausa says "Kwarya ta bi Kwarya", If you are Igbo, Marry Igbo, If you are Yoruba, Marry Yoruba, If you are Poor, Marry Poor, If you are Rich, Marry Rich, etc etc.

This topic should have been a place to discuss the importance of Hausa language and its growing influence on world media.
[/QUOTE]

I dont want to sound tribalist or anything, Coz I am not.
But what do u mean by Hausa growing in WOrld media, Because a Few European stations Broadcast in Hausa to mainly Rural inhabitants of Nigeria and South Central Niger
Do u know what it means to Grow in WORLD Media  Lmao
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by auwal87(m): 1:15am On May 29, 2011
Aisha Namadi Sambo  grin grin grin if you go fit snatch her from Prince Lawson

Super Rich I guess!
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by olaolabiy: 1:17am On May 29, 2011
auwal87:

Aisha Namadi Sambo  grin grin grin if you go fit snatch her from Prince Lawson

Super Rich I guess!

Good job my dear friend. I go try. cheesy

But, who be Lawson. Yoruba?
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by Katsumoto: 1:18am On May 29, 2011
auwal87:

You have got to be kidding. Like Ola said, you don't want to know the reason why those stations broadcast in Hausa.

ola olabiy:

By the way, I fit get one Hausa babe from your end so  smiley? I dey beg. Hausa b pretty people oo.

No vex.

Prof, na wa o.  grin
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by olaolabiy: 1:21am On May 29, 2011
Katsumoto:

Prof, na wa o.  grin

Bro, wetin man pikin go do nau. Who no want oyel money grin grin grin
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by auwal87(m): 1:21am On May 29, 2011
scholes0:

I dont want to sound tribalist or anything, Coz I am not.
But what do u mean by Hausa growing in WOrld media, Because a Few European stations Broadcast in Hausa to mainly Rural inhabitants of Nigeria and South Central Niger
Do u know what it means to Grow in WORLD Media  Lmao

Because BBC will soon launch TV station for Hausa service. The thing is growing, e.g. I listened to today's final of Champions League live on BBC Hausa. That is what I call "Growing".
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by olaolabiy: 1:23am On May 29, 2011
Abeg, peeps, leave Auwal joo.

Auwal, I fit get more babes. E be like say dis Aisha too high oo cheesy
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by scholes0(m): 1:25am On May 29, 2011
Lawson is another Hausa guy, from Katsina state.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Currency Woes, A Blessing For Top Palm-oil Producer - Bloomberg / Organic Cream Mixing Ebook- Be Your Own Boss / If You Know Any Filling Station Selling Above Pump Price(n87) Call These Numbers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.