Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,138 members, 7,860,088 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:38 AM

London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers (22039 Views)

Zenith Bank Adopts New Financial Reporting Style For Half-year / Banks Use Female Marketers To Woo Senators, Reps-elect (Punch) / I Want To Setup A Computer & Phone Retailer Shop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by olaolabiy: 1:27am On May 29, 2011
scholes0:

Lawson is another Hausa guy, from Katsina state.
Interesting grin
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by auwal87(m): 1:28am On May 29, 2011
Peeps,

Mu kwana lafiya!

Means "Good Night"

Not without showing you this;

Bachelor of Arts in Hausa (University of London)
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by olaolabiy: 1:30am On May 29, 2011
^^^yeye boi grin
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by Katsumoto: 1:32am On May 29, 2011
ola olabiy:

Bro, wetin man pikin go do nau. Who no want oyel money  grin grin grin

If na oyel you want, i fit introduce you to some Ijaw babes.  cool
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by olaolabiy: 1:37am On May 29, 2011
Katsumoto:

If na oyel you want, i fit introduce you to some Ijaw babes.  cool

Nahhh. No, bro.

The oyel dey dem backyard yet dem no get money to buy books sef.

People wey dey far away Katsina com dey get scholarship. Imagine dat!

I no want dem oooo. Na Hausa I want

Na only mouth dem get like Beef oo grin grin
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by olaolabiy: 1:43am On May 29, 2011
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by cheikh: 2:45am On May 29, 2011
BIGER BOY
its sad shouldnt we be glad that we have one our languages up there, would u guys rather have the ghanian or zulu language upthere jus because its HAUSA.

@^^Gbam wink
Besides, there has been written greetings in 'Yoruba' on Oxford street for years.
Buying power or numbers shopping in their establishment may have informed their decision. Majority resident Londoners(Naija) don't usually shop on Oxford Street. Debenhams is a departmental store that has facilities for VAT processing etc for tourists no different from Selfridges. It's a good marketing ploy wink.
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by cheikh: 2:49am On May 29, 2011
Katsumoto
If na oyel you want, i fit introduce you to some Ijaw babes.

@Katsumoto^^ grin grin No comment wink
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by cheikh: 3:12am On May 29, 2011
ola olabiy
By the way, I fit get one Hausa babe from your end so ? I dey beg. Hausa b pretty people oo.
No vex.

@^^ grin grin he's told you that Hausa is a national/an official language in Niger. Pls don't beg grin, just take a trip to Niamey. Nigeria is not the only place you can hear nice Hausa spoken or perhaps encounter lovely Hausa speaking damsels if that's your desire. Many of the Governors and spouses in some of the Northern states have Nigerien connection.
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by blacklion(m): 4:11am On May 29, 2011
No wonder the Niger Delta militants are so aggrieved. Its truly painful to see their own people suffering and dying while the northern elites who destroyed Nigeria and reduced the ND to an environmental wasteland are busy squandering money like Arab sheikhs in London. In fact, I'd be a militant myself if I was from ND and read some of the s t u p i d comments here on this thread from some r e t a r d e d northerners gloating because a London shop now advertises in Hausa.

These m o r o n s are from a region that according to the UNDP, WHO, World Bank etc has the highest incidence of maternal mortality, infant mortality, polio, meningitis etc in all of Africa and the world. Not to talk of the highest incidence of poverty, illiteracy, underdevelopment etc in Nigeria. Yet some i d i o t northerners instead of hiding their heads are exhibiting their s t u p i d i t y here on nairaland.

No wonder the almajiri are busy murdering innocent southern corpers in the North, while their useless leaders are busy shopping in London.
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by aljharem3: 4:16am On May 29, 2011
blacklion:

No wonder the Niger Delta militants are so aggrieved. Its truly painful to see their own people suffering and dying while the northern elites who destroyed Nigeria and reduced the ND to an environmental wasteland are busy squandering money like Arab sheikhs in London. In fact, I'd be a militant myself if I was from ND and read some of the s t u p i d comments here on this thread from some r e t a r d e d northerners gloating because a London shop now advertises in Hausa.

These m o r o n s are from a region that according to the UNDP, WHO, World Bank etc has the highest incidence of maternal mortality, infant mortality, polio, meningitis etc in all of Africa and the world. Not to talk of the highest incidence of poverty, illiteracy, underdevelopment etc in Nigeria. Yet some i d i o t northerners instead of hiding their heads are exhibiting their s t u p i d i t y here on nairaland.

No wonder the almajiri are busy murdering innocent southern corpers in the North, while their useless leaders are busy shopping in London.

can you shut the f up u envious goat angry

how is it gloating, when it is a normal thing

hausa is a language spoken in 5-7 different countries undecided

so it is not only nigerians but other hausa speaking countries
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by pleep(m): 5:06am On May 29, 2011
Hausa is the only African language that is taken seriously, other than perhaps swahili, so we should take this as good news. I have always thought the Hausa language should be the lingua Franca of Africa rather than English/French/English/French.
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by blacklion(m): 5:48am On May 29, 2011
alj_harem:

can you shut the f up u envious goat angry

how is it gloating, when it is a normal thing

hausa is a language spoken in 5-7 different countries undecided

so it is not only nigerians but other hausa speaking countries

Gbam! Here is another Mutallab in the making! After they are thoroughly jaded from squandering southern Nigeria's oil and VAT revenue in London, the spoilt Arewa brats in London turn into suicide bombers to redeem their 72 virgins fantasy. I'm sure this one here is already practising wearing suicide diapers.

Abeg, show me any Hausa-speaking area in West Africa/Sahel/ Darfur that is not ravaged by poverty, high maternal/infant mortality, polio, meningitis etc? Show us the poverty indices for northern Ghana/Togo/Benin as well as Niger, Mali, Burkina Faso, Chad, Darfur and other areas with Hausa communities if you have the guts. Is it any coincidence that ALL these countries I just listed are categorized by the UN and World Bank as among the Least Developed Countries?

You are not even ashamed - the masses of your people are ravaged by rampant poverty and disease yet you are here defending the hopeless elites that are busy squandering their criminal loot in London. For all the corruption and misgovernance in the south, I thank God at least the southern elites do not prevent their people from acquiring Western education and so the southern masses have the ability to empower themselves and improve their lives irrespective of bad leaders. There is no part of southern Nigeria that is as wretched as the North. But in the North, the useless leaders not only loot, they actively prevent their people from going to school so that they don't acquire Western education and start to challenge them. Hence the northern masses have absolutely no way of escaping poverty in this life. No wonder they turn to almajiri and Boko Haram and then start butchering innocent youth corpers.

Any Hausa-speaking person with any bit of sense in his or her skull would be cringing and hiding right now on reading the original post.

BTW, mumu, the big spenders in London are from northern Nigeria, not the Sahel or Darfur. The Debenhams' ad is squarely targetted at the corrupt squandermaniac elite of northern Nigeria, not Nigeriens or Darfuris.
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by blacklion(m): 5:53am On May 29, 2011
pleep:

Hausa is the only African language that is taken seriously, other than perhaps swahili, so we should take this as good news. I have always thought the Hausa language should be the lingua Franca of Africa rather than English/French/English/French.

Speak for yourself. Hundreds of millions of Chinese, Vietnamese, Indonesians etc are paying premium to learn English. Even some Nigerians are working as English language teachers in China and other parts of East Asia while you want to learn the language of polio and Boko Haram. Good luck with that.

Some of you don't know what time it is. GEJ's election was a watershed. The era of Hausa political domination in Nigeria has been finally broken. 'One North' is dead and buried for ever. The Arewa yansh has finally been exposed as toothless tigers. Nigeria will fall apart before Hausa is made the lingua franca.
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by Sagamite(m): 8:52am On May 29, 2011
auwal87:

WHATEVER!!! Black Stomachhhhhhhh!!!

Do you know the MAIN reason why they NEVER broadcast in Yoruba or Igbo? Do you? You won't like to know why. I tell yah.

It seems people are trying not to hurt your feelings and are refusing to tell you the facts.

I will!!!

The reason these media companies have an Hausa service is not because Hausa language is becoming more popular or having more global significance. It is because their is a large mass of Hausas or Hausa speakers in West Africa and majority are uneducated illiterates. I repeat, illiterates.

About 65 percent of Hausas in Nigeria cannot read and write. In Borno, 72% of kids have never been to school. How do you want those kids to be able to listen and understand English broadcast in future? Only less than 3% of southern kids have not been to school. And one wouldn't be surprised if majority of these kids that have not been to school in the south are northern kids living in South and counted with southerners.

So these media companies only have Hausa service because they know most Hausas cannot understand English. They cannot read, write or understand it when they hear. These media companies have no such problem with other major tribes in Nigeria, so the English service is sufficient and there is no need for a tailored service in those languages.

Mate, that is not a thing to be proud of.

Slap yourself.
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by Sagamite(m): 9:00am On May 29, 2011
ola olabiy:

Sagamite, I don land here. I don land here to puncture your toriii. grin grin

Now, let's say you employed MORI to do this research, what exactly would MORI do?

Now, the reason why I mentioned Primark owners is that Primark is cheap yet AB Foods is FTSE100. So, Debenhams being FTSE250 means nothing.

What kind of shyt is this?

So you think the higher your market capitalisation, the more expensive you should be?

Please don't be chatting such shyt with me, mate.

ola olabiy:

Besides, Debenhams being FTSE250 doesn't mean they can't be guilty of poor calculation/research.

Prudential is FTSE100 but they got their bid for AIG Asian arm wrong. A very big company, for that matter.

They lost a whopping 500 million pounds as a result of this failed bid. shocked

So, Debenhams simply picked a Nigerian (major) language. Not as a result of any thorough research work.

What a dumb comparison!!!

You want to compare the complexities and ambiguities involved in a Merger & Acquisition with the simplicity involved with Market research?

You can as well dumbly compare building a concorde plane with building a fisherman's rowing wooden canoe.

What a stewpid comparison!

You didn't wonder why M&A peopel make over £1m a year. You think it is for easy work.
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by KnowAll(m): 10:08am On May 29, 2011
[b]Contrary to wrong impression " Yoruba" is the most widely spoken language in Nigeria and the West African coast line.

There are  Yoruba indigenous  speakers in Benin, Togo and a small pocket in eastern Ghana,  and EMIGRATED Yoruba's running into their millions in Ghana, Cote de Voire, Serria Leone and The Gambia. These people has become part and parcel of the fabric of these nations. The fallacy that a sparsely sahelian wasteland  holds huge populations of a tribe called " Hausa" is  a misconception by the colonial powers involved over the scramble for Africa, it is something they have to come to terms with. Clearly it is a blatant lie and a sham fed by lazy delusive foreign media who have not bothered to do a proper ground-work over the Ethino-graphical composition of West-African tribes.

In most Pakistani meat sellers shop in London you are most likely to be greeted with " e ka ro" or "se dada ni" or " ba wo ni" than any other language in the West African coast, so are the names of the different parts of meat sold in these markets. I am more comfortable to walk into any meat seller in london and tell them I want " Shaki" or " Pomo" a Yoruba word for tripe and the hide of cow than use any other synonym .
[/b]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ejigbo_Palace_Organization

http://www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/features/20827-37-year-old-welder-rode-motorbike-from-abidjan-to-nigeria-in-49-hours

http://www.joshuaproject.net/people-profile.php?peo3=16057&rog3=TO

http://today.gm/hi/news/3351.html

Yoruba Juju music from from Benin Republic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NIkorZcsyo

Yoruba apala music from from Benin Republic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oE_1sf7qLg
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by olaolabiy: 10:22am On May 29, 2011
Sagamite:

What kind of shyt is this?

So you think the higher your market capitalisation, the more expensive you should be?

Please don't be chatting such shyt with me, mate.

What a dumb comparison!!!

You want to compare the complexities and ambiguities involved in a Merger & Acquisition with the simplicity involved with Market research?

You can as well dumbly compare building a concorde plane with building a fisherman's rowing wooden canoe.

What a stewpid comparison!

You didn't wonder why M&A peopel make over £1m a year. You think it is for easy work.
Sharrap!
You mentioned independent market research companies, answer this question:

Now, let's say you employed MORI to do this research, what exactly would MORI do?
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by Sagamite(m): 10:27am On May 29, 2011
ola olabiy:

Sharrap!
You mentioned independent market research companies, answer this question:

Are you on drugs?

What stewpid irrelevant question are you asking me?

You want to waste my time like your stewpid Primark question?
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by olaolabiy: 10:30am On May 29, 2011
Sagamite:

Are you on drugs?

What stewpid irrelevant question are you asking me?

You want to waste my time like your stewpid Primark question?
Sahrrap!
How would you know that those Nigerian visitors who shop at Debenhams are Hausas?

If you can't answer this, keep your posts/comments or shove them down your keister and sharrap!
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by Sagamite(m): 10:36am On May 29, 2011
ola olabiy:

Sahrrap!
How would you know that those Nigerian visitors who shop at Debenhams are Hausas?

If you can't answer this question.

If you can't answer this, keep your posts/comments or shove them up your keister.

You are reetarded!

Anybody with sense and commercial awareness would be able to conclude such a company will find out things before making such a decision.

If Debenhams concludes, after research, that there is significant number of Hausas shopping in their store and spending a lot of money, anybody with a brain should agree except they have contradictory data, not mooronic conjectures.

You think such companies hire conjecture-throwing, under-educated dunces like you to make their commercial decisions?

You think a significant number of the staff in the store will not know that majority of Nigerians in the UK are Yoruba?

Most of the floor staff would have a Yoruba/Igbo Nigerian friend or even have dated one. Some of the staff would even be Yoruba/Igbo/other Nigerian kids? You fooool!

And you think considering the wealth of knowledge available to Debenhams from its research and staff, such a company will pick a Nigerian language arbitrarily and it will be Hausa they will pick?

You are too dumb to know there is some statistical and cultural significance to selecting the language?

You think a company like that makes decisions based on conjectures? You think their senior staff are at your intellectual level?

Bloody Mugu!
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by olaolabiy: 10:47am On May 29, 2011
Sagamite:

You are reetarded!

Anybody with sense and commercial awareness would be able to conclude such a company will find out things before making such a decision.

If Debenhams concludes that there is significant number of Hausas shopping in their store after research, anybody with a brain should agree.

You think such companies hire conjecture-throwing, under-educated dunces like you to make their commercial decisions?

You think a significant number of the staff in the store will not know that majority of Nigerians in the UK are Yoruba?

Most of the floor staff would have a Yoruba/Igbo Nigerian friend or even have dates one. Some of the staff would even be Yoruba/Igbo/other Nigerian kids? You fooool!

And you think considering the wealth of knowledge available to Debenhams from its research and staff, such a company will pick a Nigerian language arbitrarily and it will be Hausa they will pick?

You are too dumb to know there is some statistical and cultural significance to selecting the language?

Bloody Mugu!

I thought I was discussing with a normal human being. I didn't know that you're sick in the head. That you are a born weirdo! Jackass!

So, an FTSE250 company would choose a language by asking ordinary floor attendants? Or, those staff who have dated Nigerians? I was expecting a more scholarly answer from you.

I didn't know that you've had brain removed with tweezers. Numbskull!
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by olaolabiy: 10:50am On May 29, 2011
Aren't you with a mgt consultancy company?

Is a discussion on stock market/FTSE too much for you?

Yet . . . . oponu omo.
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by Sagamite(m): 10:57am On May 29, 2011
ola olabiy:

I thought I was discussing with a normal human being. I didn't know that you're sick in the head. That you are a born weirdo! Jackass!

So, an FTSE250 company would choose a language by asking ordinary floor attendants? Or, those staff who have dated Nigerians? I was expecting a more scholarly answer from you.

I didn't know that you've had brain removed with tweezers. Numbskull!

You are a cretin!

Not only are you daft by thinking your conjectures are facts, you obviously failed English in school as well?

Where did I say in my post that they selected "a language by asking ordinary floor attendants"?

Bloody foool!

I said CLEARLY:

"If Debenhams concludes that there is significant number of Hausas shopping in their store after research, anybody with a brain should agree."

and

"And you think considering the wealth of knowledge available to Debenhams from its research and staff, such a company will pick a Nigerian language arbitrarily and it will be Hausa they will pick?

You are too dumb to know there is some statistical and cultural significance to selecting the language?"

Some clarity for your stewpid brain, what I meant by referring to staff is that: IF they were to select a Nigerian language ARBITRARILY based broadly on Nigerians (as you daftly conjectured) because they don't know Nigerian tribes, they would have most likely selected Yoruba because their staff will know most of the Nigerians in UK are Yoruba. For them to pick Hausa, a person with a brain, not conjecture-throwing mugus like you, would conclude they had researched it, instead of your daft conclusion that they arbitrarily chose it.

Under-educated cretin!

ola olabiy:

Aren't you with a mgt consultancy company?

Is a discussion on stock market/FTSE too much for you?

Yet . . . . oponu omo.

You are a cretin!

The problem is that debating at your level is too low for me?

Why will I want to chat about the stock market with a foool that thinks the bigger your market capitalisation the more expensive your product/service will be?
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by olaolabiy: 11:01am On May 29, 2011
Sagamite:

Most of the[b] floor staff[/b] would have a Yoruba/Igbo Nigerian friend or even have dates one. Some of the staff would even be Yoruba/Igbo/other Nigerian kids? You fooool!

^^who wrote this? Floor staff mean floor attendants.

Are you denying what you've just said?

Were omo.

Ara galatia! Wan.ker!
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by Sagamite(m): 11:02am On May 29, 2011
ola olabiy:

Are you denying what you've just said?

Were omo.

Ara galatia! Wan.ker!

You are a cretin!

You are still struggling with comprehension?

Won de passi e ni Secondary School?

Sagamite:

Some clarity for your stewpid brain, what I meant by referring to staff is that: IF they were to select a Nigerian language ARBITRARILY based broadly on Nigerians (as you daftly conjectured) because they don't know Nigerian tribes, they would have most likely selected Yoruba because their staff will know most of the Nigerians in UK are Yoruba. For them to pick Hausa, a person with a brain, not conjecture-throwing mugus like you, would conclude they had researched it, instead of your daft conclusion that they arbitrarily chose it.

Under-educated cretin!
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by olaolabiy: 11:03am On May 29, 2011
Sagamite:

The problem is that debating at your level is too low for me?

Why will I want to chat about the stock market with a foool that thinks the bigger your market capitalisation the more expensive your product/service will be?

You stand no chance, jackass!
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by olaolabiy: 11:04am On May 29, 2011
Sagamite:

You are a cretin!

You are still struggling with comprehension?

Won de passi e ni Secondary School?

You need to go and renew your prescription, Okay?
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by Sagamite(m): 11:05am On May 29, 2011
ola olabiy:

You stand no chance, jackass!

I stand no chance with a cretin that thinks the bigger your market capitalisation the more expensive your product/service will be?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Ye!

Ye!

My Belle o, my head o!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

No make me die with laughter.
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by Sagamite(m): 11:06am On May 29, 2011
ola olabiy:

You need to go and renew your prescription, Okay?

You have no more arguments?

All you now have is insults?

grin grin grin grin grin grin

I have dealt with you intellectually finish?

Ode!

Fooool!

Your intellect is below my feet!

Fcking bow and worship!
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by auwal87(m): 11:07am On May 29, 2011
Sagamite:

It seems people are trying not to hurt your feelings and are refusing to tell you the facts.

I will!!!

The reason these media companies have an Hausa service is not because Hausa language is becoming more popular or having more global significance. It is because their is a large mass of Hausas or Hausa speakers in West Africa and majority are uneducated illiterates. I repeat, illiterates.

About 65 percent of Hausas in Nigeria cannot read and write. In Borno, 72% of kids have never been to school. How do you want those kids to be able to listen and understand English broadcast in future? Only less than 3% of southern kids have not been to school. And one wouldn't be surprised if majority of these kids that have not been to school in the south are northern kids living in South and counted with southerners.

So these media companies only have Hausa service because they know most Hausas cannot understand English. They cannot read, write or understand it when they hear. These media companies have no such problem with other major tribes in Nigeria, so the English service is sufficient and there is no need for a tailored service in those languages.

Mate, that is not a thing to be proud of.

Slap yourself.

WHATEVER!!!  tongue tongue tongue tongue

PROUD!!!
Re: London Retailer Shop Adopts Hausa Language To Woo Customers by Sagamite(m): 11:09am On May 29, 2011
auwal87:

WHATEVER!!!  tongue tongue tongue tongue

PROUD!!!

I am not saying you shouldn't be proud about your identity, that is healthy.

I am just saying chat with facts and don't be proud of the un-proud-able.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Why Small Businesses Fail In Nigeria / Nigeria’s Currency Woes, A Blessing For Top Palm-oil Producer - Bloomberg / Organic Cream Mixing Ebook- Be Your Own Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.