Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,255 members, 7,815,391 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:37 AM

Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? (39982 Views)

Brain Drain Of Teachers In Private Schools: What's The Way Forward? / Scarcity Of Teachers In Private Schools: What Is The Cause and the Way Forward? / COVID-19: 181 Students, Staff Test Positive In Private Boarding School - Abayomi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by Opoki(m): 5:57pm On Sep 21, 2021
Ehnnn
Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by Kennitrust(m): 5:57pm On Sep 21, 2021
The whole country as a Nigeria is a

pnɐɹɟᶠʳᵃᵘᵈ
Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Sep 21, 2021
Mr Man. The textbooks nowadays have workbook in them the children use for both class and home work. Making it useless after they're done with it and it can no longer be used by someone else. So it's more a two in one text/workbook combined together

During our time, it wasn't so. That was why it was easy to pass down text books even to the tenth generation if you want.

I think as parents, and intending parents, we should reduce the number of children we plan to have because times are hard and everything is very expensive. Not only Education.

Cost of printing at the press has gone up. I was with a publisher last night to place order for my schools and the guy was just lamenting about the cost of production and all that. He even increased the price of his books. To think he increased it last year. Me too, I'll have to add something so I can meet up. So, it a vicious cycle.

The Lord will provide.

5 Likes

Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by Dproperties: 5:57pm On Sep 21, 2021
There's no place without fraud in Nigeria in these age.

Even in Synagogue Church of all Nations prophets empty the wallet of TB Joshua

2 Likes

Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by sylve11: 5:59pm On Sep 21, 2021
ENGINEERG:
I don't know why this fraud and corruption start from in our private Nursery, primary and secondary schools, but I think its universal fraud in Nigeria now.

That you must buy all the Textbooks for a particular class your child is going.
Even when elder siblings have bought those books and he is not using it again, the younger one who need same book now, must buy new ones from the same school.

The economy of this country is so bad and a lot of families find it so hard to pay school fees, but I think owners of schools too always want to make more money on books and wears aside tuition fee so it makes all these school fee to be neck breaking.

So they insist on new books for your wards. And the price they sell it , is more than the actual price. Just to make more money.
They always make huge money from sales of uniform, Wednesday wears, Friday wears, ties, socks, Cardigan.

But on Textbooks that can take decades to damage, why can't younger ones use the one their elder ones have used?

PLS CAN THIS FRAUD STOP?

Mehn, you did well raising this topic.

I saw a man complaining bitterly as if his world is coming to an end upon sighting the list of books, school fees and other things.

These schools do not care and some of them do not accept part payments. sad cool

4 Likes

Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by Terrier99: 5:59pm On Sep 21, 2021
Upon all the money they collect, they still pay their teachers peanuts.

3 Likes

Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by Authoreety: 6:00pm On Sep 21, 2021
ITbomb:
But you never withdraw them from the school

See that mumu post wey I bin dey tell you

My guy, the joke is on you

1 Like

Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by Vermine: 6:00pm On Sep 21, 2021
I tell you truthfully,sometimes don't blame the president of the country,we Nigerians are so corrupt because we are all selfish but primary and secondary schools students are even lucky what about the public university.the are worse and that is why I always say don't give a Bleep about ASUU when ever the complain because the also do to students what the are complaining the government is doing to them.

1 Like

Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by henryobinna(m): 6:00pm On Sep 21, 2021
ThankYouGod:
The schools have their own cut on the textbooks. They will get the books cheaper from the publishers and add their own profit on them. They will also compel you to buy from the school and nowhere else.

I don't think it will stop. Corruption is everywhere in this country. Everywhere! Even in the family.
sometimes it's not even about the school having their own cut. Many times, the school rewrites their own version/edition of the books. That way, the schools take everything.
Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by CXLVII: 6:00pm On Sep 21, 2021
ThankYouGod:
The schools have their own cut on the textbooks. They will get the books cheaper from the publishers and add their own profit on them. They will also compel you to buy from the school and nowhere else.

I don't think it will stop. Corruption is everywhere in this country. Everywhere! Even in the family.

You said it all!

Corruption is a wow gene in an average Nigerian.

Once you are birthed in that country and that first breeze touches the baby's skin? He has 98.9% chances of being corrupt or becoming a fraudster.

Corruption is just like a norm. You will be the most foolish person if you not corrupt

3 Likes

Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by ALARAPE22(m): 6:00pm On Sep 21, 2021
I think say na only ME they want scam......................Thank God say, we are all scam by the scammer..............
Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by Realdollars: 6:01pm On Sep 21, 2021
And 25k to collect primary school leaving certificate.

1 Like

Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by chatinent: 6:01pm On Sep 21, 2021
I thought I was the only one who noticed. Everything is not just right in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by sylve11: 6:01pm On Sep 21, 2021
Osobi32:
The fault is with we the parents, we killed our government school system and now the private schools are here to rob us of our hard earned cash. Ask urself this simple question..... did u attend a private school to become who u are today? Have u not seen kids who attend a regular government school and are still very bright academically, even more brighter than those that attend the so called private schools. I think we all need to wake up and go back to the old ways! Same curriculum, same books, same subjects..... the only difference is the building and environment and most private schools are not up to standard of what a private schools should be in actual sense. Meanwhile I have noticed that most of us parents do send our kids to private school just to show off and to feel belonged. Too bad

We should also blame the government. Shouldn't we? cool
Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by Ferdinandu(m): 6:02pm On Sep 21, 2021
ENGINEERG:
I don't know why this fraud and corruption start from in our private Nursery, primary and secondary schools, but I think its universal fraud in Nigeria now.

Even when elder siblings have bought those books and he is not using it again, the younger one who need same book now, must buy new ones from the same school.

The economy of this country is so bad and a lot of families find it so hard to pay school fees, but I think owners of schools too always want to make more money on books and wears aside tuition fee so it makes all these school fee to be neck breaking.

So they insist on new books for your wards. And the price they sell it , is more than the actual price. Just to make more money.
They always make huge money from sales of uniform, Wednesday wears, Friday wears, ties, socks, Cardigan.

But on Textbooks that can take decades to damage, why can't younger ones use the one their elder ones have used?

PLS CAN THIS FRAUD STOP?
It is called private school for a reason. The sole aim of a business is to find ways to maximise profit while keeping the customers still coming back. There is always the option of public school you know. When all the children becomes adults, the primary or secondary school you attended have little impact on your achievement in life
Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by fisayodayo: 6:02pm On Sep 21, 2021
You have to use workbook in some cases which cannot be used by another pupil
Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by Vermine: 6:02pm On Sep 21, 2021
All teachers in Nigeria are potential criminals
Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by Noblewealth(m): 6:02pm On Sep 21, 2021
Everything about Nigeria Educational system has gone wrong for a very long time.. I could remember I used my senior brother reading and mathematics textbooks from pry3 to 6 then but the system has gone devastated that the private school proprietors care more about exercise books printed by schools that's not upto 40leaves and sub standard textbooks... for me it a big scam
Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by adedayourt(m): 6:03pm On Sep 21, 2021
Its a major fraud in the Nigerian education system of late, a colleague in the office complained about this and I asked. . . .

There is something called pta and it's an avenue to take these complains
Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by ridbell01(m): 6:04pm On Sep 21, 2021
My brother they are now going graduation for nursery 2 pupils going to pry 1 and you must pay for graduation gown. And you most buy the school uniform from them, a child of 3 years old was billed to pay 5k for uniform.

1 Like

Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by Standing5(m): 6:04pm On Sep 21, 2021
Osobi32:
The fault is with we the parents, we killed our government school system and now the private schools are here to rob us of our hard earned cash. Ask urself this simple question..... did u attend a private school to become who u are today? Have u not seen kids who attend a regular government school and are still very bright academically, even more brighter than those that attend the so called private schools. I think we all need to wake up and go back to the old ways! Same curriculum, same books, same subjects..... the only difference is the building and environment and most private schools are not up to standard of what a private schools should be in actual sense. Meanwhile I have noticed that most of us parents do send our kids to private school just to show off and to feel belonged. Too bad
hold those in charge of public schools responsible. The SUBEB and PPEB chairmen are big men eating most money from state to state so don't transfer aggression on private individuals.

1 Like

Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by Flier: 6:05pm On Sep 21, 2021
The most painful part is the way they are compelling the pupils to use pen to write answers in the texbook so that the siblings wont be able to use it and some of this books are sold 5000 naira and more

4 Likes

Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by Stakeholders(m): 6:05pm On Sep 21, 2021
Osobi32:

With due respect, the fault is not on parents rather it on the custodian of public schools- the ministry. Because many of them are stakeholders of private school they know is public schools are up to date people will not take their wards to private schools, they decide to run public schools with their aggression

1 Like

Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by Streetdreamx(m): 6:07pm On Sep 21, 2021
Majority of our political leaders are products of government schools even myself. But every parent wants the best for his or her ward.
Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by 234GT(m): 6:07pm On Sep 21, 2021
Na to born 1 or 2 pikin remain.

The end is here

2 Likes

Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by Vermine: 6:08pm On Sep 21, 2021
I tell you truthfully,sometimes don't blame the president of the country,we Nigerians are so corrupt because we are all selfish but primary and secondary schools students are even lucky what about the public university.the are worse and that is why I always say don't give a Bleep about ASUU when ever the complain because the also do to students what the are complaining the government is doing to them.
Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by topygel12: 6:08pm On Sep 21, 2021
If they are in secondary school, take them back to public school, some public schools are still working, those public schools supported by old students. They monitor students. If it's primary school, manage it till they gained admission into secondary school.Many public schools are much better than some private schools.

4 Likes

Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by Etuagievin(m): 6:08pm On Sep 21, 2021
Osobi32:
. You are on point

1 Like

Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by Overthemoonman: 6:10pm On Sep 21, 2021
This is a fraud that Ministry of Education need to look into. When my siblings and I were young, we all used each others textbooks. I used my elder ones textbooks while my youngest ones, used my own textbooks... Every sector is making things difficult for Nigerians. Looking for ways to exploits Nigeria... Everything for Nigeria na scam.

1 Like

Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by AKWATGOLD1(m): 6:11pm On Sep 21, 2021
Oga Ade ENGINEERG,
This is called enterprises "karakata''. The most annoying part is the mandatory contribution for end of the class party apart from normal end of year party which is suppose to social responsibility of the school to the student of the school.

The school proprietor/proprietress now turn parents to ATM machine.

ENGINEERG:

PLS CAN THIS FRAUD STOP?

1 Like

Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by AfroKnight: 6:12pm On Sep 21, 2021
Withdraw your child then. Not all schools do that. There must be one around that teaches well and lets parents source textbooks. It really doesn’t make sense when schools sell books higher than bookshops. These schools buy directly from publishers too.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pictures Only Medical Students Can Relate To / Three Abia State University Lecturers Die On The Same Day / Re Unical Raping Dean A Cry For Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.