Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? (39979 Views)

Brain Drain Of Teachers In Private Schools: What's The Way Forward? / Scarcity Of Teachers In Private Schools: What Is The Cause and the Way Forward? / COVID-19: 181 Students, Staff Test Positive In Private Boarding School - Abayomi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by Bankowner: 6:13pm On Sep 21, 2021
While I do not subscribe to this mode of operation by private schools, one should understand that these schools are in business to make profit beyond the academic aspect. And then again, the way publishers produce their books now, it is practically impossible for any other person to use them not after all the homework and assignments written directly on them.
Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by zicoraads: 6:14pm On Sep 21, 2021
Flier:
The most painful part is the way they are compelling the pupils to use pen to write answers in the texbook so that the siblings wont be able to use it and some of this books are sold 5000 naira and more
cheesy cheesy
Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by BrutusOj(m): 6:14pm On Sep 21, 2021
ENGINEERG:
I don't know why this fraud and corruption start from in our private Nursery, primary and secondary schools, but I think its universal fraud in Nigeria now.

That you must buy all the Textbooks for a particular class your child is going.
Even when elder siblings have bought those books and he is not using it again, the younger one who need same book now, must buy new ones from the same school.

The economy of this country is so bad and a lot of families find it so hard to pay school fees, but I think owners of schools too always want to make more money on books and wears aside tuition fee so it makes all these school fee to be neck breaking.

So they insist on new books for your wards. And the price they sell it , is more than the actual price. Just to make more money.
They always make huge money from sales of uniform, Wednesday wears, Friday wears, ties, socks, Cardigan.

But on Textbooks that can take decades to damage, why can't younger ones use the one their elder ones have used?

PLS CAN THIS FRAUD STOP?
Majority of teachers in private schools both secondary and tertiary are products of government owned schools, I mean they went to L.G.E.A primary, community secondary school, Government secondary school, Federal college and public universities. Kindly find a public school for your child and be free from the scam. It's same curriculum both private and public use, it may amaze you to know that the real teaching happens in public schools not private schools packaging building and uniforms to deceive you people.

1 Like

Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by georgeakins: 6:14pm On Sep 21, 2021
lereinter:

How did parents kill government sch

After the holistic approach of the Rwandan govt, didn't you hear about what's happening private schs there

If you have 10 bright students now, 7 went to private schools

Go and check best students in jamb or waec

Those students in private schools are assisted during exams, not that they are more brilliant.

1 Like

Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by Etuagievin(m): 6:15pm On Sep 21, 2021
The main architects of the fraud are school owners. They want more money, so they connived with book authors/ producers to do the rubbish and tell you it's for the benefit of the child. If parents are determined to stop it , they can, to be honest.

1 Like

Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by Beedude(m): 6:18pm On Sep 21, 2021
Mr Man, most text books are written in due to the workbook in them.
Check out the following textbooks and tell me how another child can still use it.
Macmillian Champion Mathematics.
Macmillian Brilliant English
Lantern Verbal and Quantitative Reasoning. And many more Macmillian books.

If you cant afford to buy books, just keep your child in a government school and wait for PTF or ETF free textbooks for your kids.
Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by Amanda4life: 6:20pm On Sep 21, 2021
[quote author=ENGINEERG post=106022730]I don't know why this fraud and corruption start from in our private Nursery, primary and secondary schools, but I think its universal fraud in Nigeria now.

Even when elder siblings have bought those books and he is not using it again, the younger one who need same book now, must buy new ones from the same school.

The economy of this country is so bad and a lot of families find it so hard to pay school fees, but I think owners of schools too always want to make more money on books and wears aside tuition fee so it makes all these school fee to be neck breaking.

So they insist on new books for your wards. And the price they sell it , is more than the actual price. Just to make more money.
They always make huge money from sales of uniform, Wednesday wears, Friday wears, ties, socks, Cardigan.

But on Textbooks that can take decades to damage, why can't younger ones use the one their elder ones have used?

PLS CAN THIS FRAUD STOP?[/quot

MINISTERS OF EDUCATION IN NIGERIA ARE FRAUD

SO STAGNANT. THEY DONT THINK FAR, SO REDUNDANT.

NOT CREATIVE, THEY ARE JUST THERE TO RECEIVE SALARY AND PLAY POLITICS.

BUT SEND THEIR CHILDREN ABROAD FOR SCHOOL ING

GOD WILL REwARD THEM

1 Like

Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by joyandfaith: 6:20pm On Sep 21, 2021
ENGINEERG:
I don't know why this fraud and corruption start from in our private Nursery, primary and secondary schools, but I think its universal fraud in Nigeria now.

PLS CAN THIS FRAUD STOP?

It is a big fraud and staff ministry of education in each state are benefitting from it.
It is a systemic corruption.

1 Like

Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by totosucker(m): 6:23pm On Sep 21, 2021
All scam na scam
Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by novaris(m): 6:25pm On Sep 21, 2021
ENGINEERG:

PLS CAN THIS FRAUD STOP?

To the best of my knowledge it is mostly English and mathematics that is compulsory

And most schools too that I am aware of do not force students to buy from them provided u but the recommended ones

1 Like

Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by lexy2014: 6:25pm On Sep 21, 2021
Osobi32:
The fault is with we the parents, we killed our government school system and now the private schools are here to rob us of our hard earned cash. Ask urself this simple question..... did u attend a private school to become who u are today? Have u not seen kids who attend a regular government school and are still very bright academically, even more brighter than those that attend the so called private schools. I think we all need to wake up and go back to the old ways! Same curriculum, same books, same subjects..... the only difference is the building and environment and most private schools are not up to standard of what a private schools should be in actual sense. Meanwhile I have noticed that most of us parents do send our kids to private school just to show off and to feel belonged. Too bad

how did parents kill public schools? which school d your children attend?
Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by Bizibi(m): 6:25pm On Sep 21, 2021
Mercychen:
Mr Man. The textbooks nowadays have workbook in them the children use for both class and home work. Making it useless after they're done with it and an it can't be used by someone else. So it's more a two in one text/workbook combined together

During our time, it wasn't so that was why it was easy to pass down a text book even to the tenth generation if you want.

I think as parents, and intending parents, we should reduce the number of children we plan to have because times are hard and everything is very expensive. Not only Education.

Cost of printing at the press has gone up. I was with a publisher last night to place order for my schools and the guy was just lamenting about the cost of production and all that. He even increased the price of his books. To think he increased it last year. Me too, I'll have to add something so I can meet up. So, it a vicious cycle.

The Lord will provide.
the Lord will provide!!!! Hmmmm
Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by chival(f): 6:28pm On Sep 21, 2021
The rate of extortion in private schools is alarming. Apart from the textbook ruse, these schools come up with ingenious ways to make parents part with money. Over the years my husband and I have been billed for:
Books sold at exorbitant rates
Tablets for online learning at twice the market value.
School note download fee
Club fees
Sports fees
Music equipment
Chess
Socks
Apron
Just today, I received a note telling me the school is holding a thanksgiving this week and that children should come with "something ". And this is coming in the second week of the term after we just paid school fees. angry

3 Likes

Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by ppogba: 6:28pm On Sep 21, 2021
georgeakins:

Those students in private schools are assisted during exams, not that they are more brilliant.

That is a general assumption that is totally wrong. Though a sizeable number of schools do this, but some with integrity do not.

Does it also mean that private school students are assisted in JAMB too? Obviously not.

Truth is, garbage In, Garbage Out. You cannot compare students with pre-nursery, nursery and private primary education with one with a public primary education when they meet at the secondary level.

For our info, a public pry is 500 meters from my home and o'boy, you will not want your enemy's child there.

3 Likes

Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by olaniyilukman(m): 6:30pm On Sep 21, 2021
Osobi32:
The fault is with we the parents, we killed our government school system and now the private schools are here to rob us of our hard earned cash. Ask urself this simple question..... did u attend a private school to become who u are today? Have u not seen kids who attend a regular government school and are still very bright academically, even more brighter than those that attend the so called private schools. I think we all need to wake up and go back to the old ways! Same curriculum, same books, same subjects..... the only difference is the building and environment and most private schools are not up to standard of what a private schools should be in actual sense. Meanwhile I have noticed that most of us parents do send our kids to private school just to show off and to feel belonged. Too bad
God bless you abundantly for this sir, sir I am a product of private secondary school and I can tell you boldly that private school is rubbish, government Schools remain the best if truly government is serious with it, they have the best teachers as compared to private who have a very weak and less productive teachers because of their poor pay... I got to know what education is truly is when I gained admission into one public University

2 Likes

Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by OldNairalander(m): 6:31pm On Sep 21, 2021
Osobi32:
The fault is with we the parents, we killed our government school system and now the private schools are here to rob us of our hard earned cash. Ask urself this simple question..... did u attend a private school to become who u are today? Have u not seen kids who attend a regular government school and are still very bright academically, even more brighter than those that attend the so called private schools. I think we all need to wake up and go back to the old ways! Same curriculum, same books, same subjects..... [b]the only difference is the building and environment [/b]and most private schools are not up to standard of what a private schools should be in actual sense. Meanwhile I have noticed that most of us parents do send our kids to private school just to show off and to feel belonged. Too bad

The bolded confirms you know nothing about education.
This is 21st century bro.
I'm not holding brief for some fraudulent Private school owners though

1 Like

Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by OldNairalander(m): 6:32pm On Sep 21, 2021
Osobi32:
The fault is with we the parents, we killed our government school system and now the private schools are here to rob us of our hard earned cash. Ask urself this simple question..... did u attend a private school to become who u are today? Have u not seen kids who attend a regular government school and are still very bright academically, even more brighter than those that attend the so called private schools. I think we all need to wake up and go back to the old ways! Same curriculum, same books, same subjects..... [b]the only difference is the building and environment [/b]and most private schools are not up to standard of what a private schools should be in actual sense. Meanwhile I have noticed that most of us parents do send our kids to private school just to show off and to feel belonged. Too bad

1 Like

Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by uglodoh(f): 6:33pm On Sep 21, 2021
Mercychen:
Mr Man. The textbooks nowadays have workbook in them the children use for both class and home work. Making it useless after they're done with it and an it can't be used by someone else. So it's more a two in one text/workbook combined together

During our time, it wasn't so that was why it was easy to pass down a text book even to the tenth generation if you want.

I think as parents, and intending parents, we should reduce the number of children we plan to have because times are hard and everything is very expensive. Not only Education.

Cost of printing at the press has gone up. I was with a publisher last night to place order for my schools and the guy was just lamenting about the cost of production and all that. He even increased the price of his books. To think he increased it last year. Me too, I'll have to add something so I can meet up. So, it a vicious cycle.

The Lord will provide.

If every school owner come together and tell publishers to stop producing workbook for every subject, it will come a long way in reducing cost of buying books.

1 Like

Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by OldNairalander(m): 6:34pm On Sep 21, 2021
Osobi32:
The fault is with we the parents, we killed our government school system and now the private schools are here to rob us of our hard earned cash. Ask urself this simple question..... did u attend a private school to become who u are today? Have u not seen kids who attend a regular government school and are still very bright academically, even more brighter than those that attend the so called private schools. I think we all need to wake up and go back to the old ways! Same curriculum, same books, same subjects.....
[b]the only difference is the building and environmen[/b]t and most private schools are not up to standard of what a private schools should be in actual sense. Meanwhile I have noticed that most of us parents do send our kids to private school just to show off and to feel belonged. Too bad

Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by olaniyilukman(m): 6:34pm On Sep 21, 2021
OldNairalander:

abeg bro come of it, which one is 21st century, do these private schools provide modern 21st century facilities...

1 Like

Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by Halo22: 6:34pm On Sep 21, 2021
I understand the plight of most parents even in the current economic situation. As a school manager, I must tell you that most private schools struggle to make up with the payment of their staff salary and in the process, indulge in various money-making ventures to pay off the 4months salary in a term. Though in my school, it's not compulsory to buy the books from the school. You are free to buy from the market, but it must be within the scope of the recommendation by ministry of education.
Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Sep 21, 2021
uglodoh:

If every school owner come together and tell publishers to stop producing workbook for every subject, it will come a long way in reducing cost of buying books.

I hear you.
Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by OldNairalander(m): 6:35pm On Sep 21, 2021
Osobi32:

the only difference is the building and environment

and most private schools are not up to standard of what a private schools should be in actual sense. Meanwhile I have noticed that most of us parents do send our kids to private school just to show off and to feel belonged. Too bad

Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by olaniyilukman(m): 6:36pm On Sep 21, 2021
ppogba:

That is a general assumption that is totally wrong. Though a sizeable number of schools do this, but some with integrity do not.

Does it also mean that private school students are assisted in JAMB too? Obviously not.

Truth is, garbage In, Garbage Out. You cannot compare students with pre-nursery, nursery and private primary education with one with a public primary education when they meet at the secondary level.

For our info, a public pry is 500 meters from my home and o'boy, you will not want your enemy's child there.
bro, drop this, almost all private schools engage in examination malpractice so what exactly are you trying say here...
Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by olaniyilukman(m): 6:41pm On Sep 21, 2021
ravensckar:
Private Schools have developed an advanced technique to fleece their customers.

1- Stationery fee; my child's school charged as high as 30K. On top Nursery 1 pikin o! Fear catch me. Abeg shey I no fit buy pencil & pen for my pikin ni? angry

2- Uniform fee nko? You go fear when you hear how much dem dey charge.

3- ICT charges for a Nursery child? Most private school owners won't make Heaven.

If you dare complain, they will tell you bla bla bla as if the money dey easy to make. However, I believe the bulk of the blame still lies with the government. If they had made public schools standard enough, we for get choice. But as it stands, na die we dey o. angry
brother, this is 21st century , technological advancement has made education more better, you can enroll your ward in public school and still give him or her qualitative education if you so desire, we always complain we don't have time as a result of our job or other activities but we have time for social media and unworthy activities...
Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by afesco: 6:44pm On Sep 21, 2021
Osobi32:
Pls, l will like to know how parents killed public school in Nigeria.
Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by OldNairalander(m): 6:45pm On Sep 21, 2021
olaniyilukman:
abeg bro come of it, which one is 21st century, do these private schools provide modern 21st century facilities...

21st century education is learner centred bro.
The teacher doesn't teach. He guides the learners to explore their environment and develop critical thinking.
Which environment will the learner explore in a school with dilapidated infrastructure?
Chalk and black board teaching style is why Nigerian graduates are unemployable.

2 Likes

Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by gnykelly(m): 6:46pm On Sep 21, 2021
They're not offering education. They offering branding...and you are expected to buy.
Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by femi4: 6:46pm On Sep 21, 2021
ENGINEERG:

PLS CAN THIS FRAUD STOP?
Not possible cos most of these textbooks, they do write into them especially maths and English
Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by Crucialgem(m): 6:49pm On Sep 21, 2021
Osobi32:

Wait ooooo what are you saying? that parent should remove their wards from private school so that private school owners will liquidate and employers under them will become jobless

I do not in anyway support extortion and I myself went to a public school but some are seeing their livelihood from runing a private school, the only thing needed is policy that would regulate and avoid extortion
Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by Trendy05(f): 6:54pm On Sep 21, 2021
[color=#000099][/color]
Osobi32:

Well spoken.

1 Like

Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by Toktee(m): 6:54pm On Sep 21, 2021
lereinter:

How did parents kill government sch

After the holistic approach of the Rwandan govt, didn't you hear about what's happening private schs there

If you have 10 bright students now, 7 went to private schools

Go and check best students in jamb or waec
Pointless.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I See Membership Of Alumni Whatsapp Groups As WASTE Of Time: Am I Wrong? / Pictures Only Medical Students Can Relate To / Three Abia State University Lecturers Die On The Same Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.