Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? (39978 Views)

Brain Drain Of Teachers In Private Schools: What's The Way Forward? / Scarcity Of Teachers In Private Schools: What Is The Cause and the Way Forward? / COVID-19: 181 Students, Staff Test Positive In Private Boarding School - Abayomi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by poiZon: 7:50pm On Sep 21, 2021
Authoreety:
This is really a serious topic..

Govt should look into this.. Except quantitative text books... Which can also be adjusted
Who is the govt?
Most govt officials r proprietors of most private schools.. The issue is PTA in most of the schools are taken for granted. Some parents will even suggest the school increase fees just to show off.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by poiZon: 7:52pm On Sep 21, 2021
kevoh:

Yes, blame parents and not the Nigerian government who killed public schools!

Yes, blame the parents and not the Nigerian government who can't even regulate private schools! No standards! Anyone with two bedroom house and no playground will wake up one morning and call the place school!
Who be the govt?
Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by ayandee: 8:03pm On Sep 21, 2021
ravensckar:
Private Schools have developed an advanced technique to fleece their customers.

1- Stationery fee; my child's school charged as high as 30K. On top Nursery 1 pikin o! Fear catch me. Abeg shey I no fit buy pencil & pen for my pikin ni? angry

2- Uniform fee nko? You go fear when you hear how much dem dey charge.

3- ICT charges for a Nursery child? Most private school owners won't make Heaven.

If you dare complain, they will tell you bla bla bla as if the money dey easy to make. However, I believe the bulk of the blame still lies with the government. If they had made public schools standard enough, we for get choice. But as it stands, na die we dey o. angry
I spoke with a friend who is a school proprietor some time ago. She told me Lagos has introduced 6% tax on every school fee collected par child. So what they do is to hide a part of the fee under books and stationeries, that explains why they charge as high as 30k/50k for books.
Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by BluntCrazeMan: 8:07pm On Sep 21, 2021
ENGINEERG:
I don't know why this fraud and corruption start from in our private Nursery, primary and secondary schools, but I think its universal fraud in Nigeria now.

That you must buy all the Textbooks for a particular class your child is going.
Even when elder siblings have bought those books and he is not using it again, the younger one who need same book now, must buy new ones from the same school.

The economy of this country is so bad and a lot of families find it so hard to pay school fees, but I think owners of schools too always want to make more money on books and wears aside tuition fee so it makes all these school fee to be neck breaking.

So they insist on new books for your wards. And the price they sell it , is more than the actual price. Just to make more money.
They always make huge money from sales of uniform, Wednesday wears, Friday wears, ties, socks, Cardigan.

But on Textbooks that can take decades to damage, why can't younger ones use the one their elder ones have used?

PLS CAN THIS FRAUD STOP?
The textbooks are designed in such a way that the kids should do their homeworks and class exercises inside them..
So, imagine the next kid using a textbook that had been used and scored...
Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by jimtemi1: 8:08pm On Sep 21, 2021
Osobi32:
The fault is with we the parents, we killed our government school system and now the private schools are here to rob us of our hard earned cash. Ask urself this simple question..... did u attend a private school to become who u are today? Have u not seen kids who attend a regular government school and are still very bright academically, even more brighter than those that attend the so called private schools. I think we all need to wake up and go back to the old ways! Same curriculum, same books, same subjects..... the only difference is the building and environment and most private schools are not up to standard of what a private schools should be in actual sense. Meanwhile I have noticed that most of us parents do send our kids to private school just to show off and to feel belonged. Too bad
with this your words, it shows your children too are in private school, why can u enroll them in government school
Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by zanshi: 8:08pm On Sep 21, 2021
My talked about this just last week.
Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Sep 21, 2021
Osobi32:
The fault is with we the parents, we killed our government school system and now the private schools are here to rob us of our hard earned cash. Ask urself this simple question..... did u attend a private school to become who u are today? Have u not seen kids who attend a regular government school and are still very bright academically, even more brighter than those that attend the so called private schools. I think we all need to wake up and go back to the old ways! Same curriculum, same books, same subjects..... the only difference is the building and environment and most private schools are not up to standard of what a private schools should be in actual sense. Meanwhile I have noticed that most of us parents do send our kids to private school just to show off and to feel belonged. Too bad
Trash talk. Poverty mentality
Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by Mummyfour(f): 8:28pm On Sep 21, 2021
DropsMic:
Parents can always kick against it in PTA meetups
exactly! But some will not want to,so as not to be regarded as being poor and the others that can afford it will just go ahead and buy even for the next session without even complaining. While others are complaining, they are even paying ahead for the next session. So when there's no coperation or unity of purpose amongst parents, tbe issue of raising objections at the PTA meeting will not yield any tangible result

1 Like

Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by iammolise(m): 8:33pm On Sep 21, 2021
Rude awakening; CORRUPTION is a culture in this country... We live and let leave with it.
Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by MrSquint: 8:39pm On Sep 21, 2021
This is one serious issue you've raised.

The federal ministry of education is meant to regulate the activities of state schools as well as the activities of private schools.

Its quite unfortunately what we have today. Its as if nobody is in charge of schools curriculum, Schools in sokoto could be in holiday while the schools in bauchi are in session, infact some schools in same bauchi could be in session while some are closed, everything is just in disarray.
We are in dare need of help
Make una help us abeg
Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by Kenneth10110(m): 8:47pm On Sep 21, 2021
ENGINEERG:
I don't know why this fraud and corruption start from in our private Nursery, primary and secondary schools, but I think its universal fraud in Nigeria now.

Even when elder siblings have bought those books and he is not using it again, the younger one who need same book now, must buy new ones from the same school.

The economy of this country is so bad and a lot of families find it so hard to pay school fees, but I think owners of schools too always want to make more money on books and wears aside tuition fee so it makes all these school fee to be neck breaking.

So they insist on new books for your wards. And the price they sell it , is more than the actual price. Just to make more money.
They always make huge money from sales of uniform, Wednesday wears, Friday wears, ties, socks, Cardigan.

But on Textbooks that can take decades to damage, why can't younger ones use the one their elder ones have used?

PLS CAN THIS FRAUD STOP?

Even in the university a friend offered all the textbooks for that semester free but they insist i must buy new ones even if the same. if you don't buy no test score for you.
Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by loliapoopy2013(f): 8:52pm On Sep 21, 2021
My cousin bought all her son's textbooks for #8k, books she usually pays for #23k.
Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by Blueeyesman: 8:58pm On Sep 21, 2021
lereinter:

How did parents kill government sch

After the holistic approach of the Rwandan govt, didn't you hear about what's happening private schs there

If you have 10 bright students now, 7 went to private schools

Go and check best students in jamb or waec
Not true bro..
Most private schools if not all do buy and pays heavily for exams fraud in a bit to curry good grades

1 Like

Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by drololaaof: 9:01pm On Sep 21, 2021
It is those that benefit from near free education ,scholarship , those in govt - local government executive chairmen
who refused to pay and divert teachers salarieds that killed public schools. Recently they are planning to privatize unity schools who will but them those in government and politicians
Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by ravensckar(m): 9:10pm On Sep 21, 2021
ayandee:

I spoke with a friend who is a school proprietor some time ago. She told me Lagos has introduced 6% tax on every school fee collected par child. So what they do is to hide a part of the fee under books and stationeries, that explains why they charge as high as 30k/50k for books.
6% tax on tuition fee? shocked shocked shocked

This use.less goverment that cannot provide quality & affordable education yet they are imposing such high taxes on private schools. Na who we offend for this country gan?
Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by Beedude(m): 9:25pm On Sep 21, 2021
Ficient:

Raise it up during the next PTA meeting. Or you can start a WhatsApp group of for parents, there you raise the issue
How can u advise someone to create Whatsapp group just to revolt against a private organisation? If u arent satisfied, kindly withdraw your kids to a more affordable school. Such attitude shows u arent better than those u claim are extorting you
Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by BrutusOj(m): 9:26pm On Sep 21, 2021
Mercychen:

Lies!

What a basic 1 private pupil can do, a basic 5 public school pupil cannot attempt it. Na beans?
Their scheme of work are far apart. Don't compare them abeg.
Im a private school teacher so I know what I'm saying.
Keep deceiving yourself. Private school is all about the packaging. Nothing serious about academics. Schools where a graduate of Theatre arts without a background in education would be teaching English, Government and Civic education, a graduate of engineering would be teaching all the science subjects cheesy
Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by jibbish(m): 9:37pm On Sep 21, 2021
lereinter:

How did parents kill government sch

After the holistic approach of the Rwandan govt, didn't you hear about what's happening private schs there

If you have 10 bright students now, 7 went to private schools

Go and check best students in jamb or waec
Its basically simple to calculate using your analogy, we have more private schools than public and as such they should have more bright students than govt owned schools.

Reason am very well
Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by Aarenasbaba(m): 9:42pm On Sep 21, 2021
When school fees is 15k and u said we are to buy book of 23k... God go judge Dem... I must attend PTA meeting

1 Like

Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by MikeMicheal(m): 9:49pm On Sep 21, 2021
OldNairalander:

21st century education is learner centred bro.
The teacher doesn't teach. He guides the learners to explore their environment and develop critical thinking.
Which environment will the learner explore in a school with dilapidated infrastructure?
Chalk and black board teaching style is why Nigerian graduates are unemployable.
20th century, not 21st.
Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Sep 21, 2021
BrutusOj:
Keep deceiving yourself. Private school is all about the packaging. Nothing serious about academics. Schools where a graduate of Theatre arts without a background in education would be teaching English, Government and Civic education, a graduate of engineering would be teaching all the science subjects cheesy

Yes they may not have a background in education but they are not illiterates either and they do it well. Provided you put them through on what to do and how to go about it.

1 Like

Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by 77star: 10:00pm On Sep 21, 2021
Sorry o
Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by ifycelebrity(f): 10:03pm On Sep 21, 2021
humberjade:
Hmm

The thing just tire me...just coughed out 100k plus for a Primary 4 pupil....a massive jump from the 60k I paid at the beginning of last session.

33 text books!!! shocked I am still shocked grin

Well sha, nah because of pikin man dey hustle double!!!

Until we have a govt that prioritises education, these private schools will keep fleecing us of our hard-earned money.
God will help us

1 Like

Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by darlenese(f): 10:04pm On Sep 21, 2021
In our days we bought only maths and English textbook , and we had more olodos than smart kids ,
Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by MT: 11:41pm On Sep 21, 2021
Osobi32:

Thanks so much. You said all the right things!

1 Like

Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by onlysose(m): 11:55pm On Sep 21, 2021
The child have to write on some pages to do exercises
Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by humberjade: 11:55pm On Sep 21, 2021
ifycelebrity:
God will help us

Amen
Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by OlawaleBammie: 12:06am On Sep 22, 2021
Osobi32:

I have not married talk more of giving birth, but i know that my children would go to a very good government schools

1 Like

Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by Ndipe(m): 1:57am On Sep 22, 2021
This is fraud. Maybe you can talk to other parents and have this issue raised and resolved in the Parents Teachers Association meeting.

ENGINEERG:

PLS CAN THIS FRAUD STOP?
Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by Nobody: 2:14am On Sep 22, 2021
Beedude:

How can u advise someone to create Whatsapp group just to revolt against a private organisation? If u arent satisfied, kindly withdraw your kids to a more affordable school. Such attitude shows u arent better than those u claim are extorting you

PTA is not to revolt, it is to discuss issues that concerns our kids. Parents have a right to suggest, advice and even contribute financially to support the school whether it's a private organization. We just bought a 3.8kva summec generator for our school as parents, bcuz we identified an issue and we did the voluntary contribution through WhatsApp
Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by ikorodureporta: 4:01am On Sep 22, 2021
They even publish some as workbooks where students answer questions so that someone else can't reuse them...

The author's/publishers are also guilty of this
Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by colestephan86: 5:12am On Sep 22, 2021
ENGINEERG:

PLS CAN THIS FRAUD STOP?
Thought I was the only one thinking about this. In the past we use to have list of books.
Today it's not so

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I See Membership Of Alumni Whatsapp Groups As WASTE Of Time: Am I Wrong? / Pictures Only Medical Students Can Relate To / Three Abia State University Lecturers Die On The Same Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.