Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,239 members, 7,815,325 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? (39981 Views)

Brain Drain Of Teachers In Private Schools: What's The Way Forward? / Scarcity Of Teachers In Private Schools: What Is The Cause and the Way Forward? / COVID-19: 181 Students, Staff Test Positive In Private Boarding School - Abayomi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by nathpope(m): 5:27am On Sep 22, 2021
Osobi32:
The fault is with we the parents, we killed our government school system and now the private schools are here to rob us of our hard earned cash. Ask urself this simple question..... did u attend a private school to become who u are today? Have u not seen kids who attend a regular government school and are still very bright academically, even more brighter than those that attend the so called private schools. I think we all need to wake up and go back to the old ways! Same curriculum, same books, same subjects..... the only difference is the building and environment and most private schools are not up to standard of what a private schools should be in actual sense. Meanwhile I have noticed that most of us parents do send our kids to private school just to show off and to feel belonged. Too bad

You got it wrong... The GOVERNMENT killed our government educational system simply because NONE of their children go to schools here in Nigeria.

Most of us went to the govt schools while growing up because the system was GOOD then before govt murdered it.

Most of these private owned schools are actually DAYCARE because they are the ones taking care of our children during the day while the parents are busy hustling from morning till night. Hence, they feel they can bill you extra for the services cum favour
rendered.

Even the PTA (Parents-Teacher Association) has lost its credibility has no one knows their rights anymore...

May God save the dead (system).
Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by Beedude(m): 5:54am On Sep 22, 2021
Ficient:

PTA is not to revolt, it is to discuss issues that concerns our kids. Parents have a right to suggest, advice and even contribute financially to support the school whether it's a private organization. We just bought a 3.8kva summec generator for our school as parents, bcuz we identified an issue and we did the voluntary contribution through WhatsApp
I am not against raising it up in the PTA meeting. But contacting other parants by adding them to a whatsapp group without informing the school is what i see as revolt.
Like i said, if u feel u are being cheated, kindly remove ur ward from such school
Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by Chuksgeo: 7:12am On Sep 22, 2021
Just yesterday we were discussing this same topic and it spiraled into a lot of issues bedeviling the education sector such as government owing public school teachers like in Imo state where they are owed 17 months at the moment , hence private schools can take advantage to do whatever they like
Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by bassdow: 7:41am On Sep 22, 2021
ENGINEERG:
I don't know why this fraud and corruption start from in our private Nursery, primary and secondary schools, but I think its universal fraud in Nigeria now.

That you must buy all the Textbooks for a particular class your child is going.
Even when elder siblings have bought those books and he is not using it again, the younger one who need same book now, must buy new ones from the same school.

The economy of this country is so bad and a lot of families find it so hard to pay school fees, but I think owners of schools too always want to make more money on books and wears aside tuition fee so it makes all these school fee to be neck breaking.

So they insist on new books for your wards. And the price they sell it , is more than the actual price. Just to make more money.
They always make huge money from sales of uniform, Wednesday wears, Friday wears, ties, socks, Cardigan.

But on Textbooks that can take decades to damage, why can't younger ones use the one their elder ones have used?

PLS CAN THIS FRAUD STOP?

People are Sole REASON NonSenses such as this thrives.
Such issues would continue so long people adjusts to it.

IF am the One, I would insist and should they insist in return, I would withdraw my Kid(s) to another school where I of course would ask to be sure they allow me reUse resources.

If I am a poor person, I would ensure the school buy back the uniforms and probably refund me some monies like Registration fees, etc. Las las na Police station we go settle if dem wan over craze.

I have done this even in my work place. I hate unnecessary laws passed to further enslave people. I would fight you so long as I have the capacity. The ones perpetuated by the Government at large is enough abeg.

Common bank sef, I rather go through stress of getting my withdrawal slip signed by manager OR charged ₦100 to make withdrawals over the counter THAN collect ATM card in banks which I don't need their ATM.

And last time I was told I can't withdraw less than ₦50,000 over the counter, I just filled 2 slips (1 deposit slip, 1 withdrawal slip) and withdrew ₦100,000 and immediately reDeposited ₦85,000 . All I needed was ₦15,000. Na the Lady do extra work and I was like - look all rules / laws have got loop holes. I begged You but you refused. Now see work work.

If only Most Nigerians are like Me. Nonsense for don reduce. Most people misbehave cause nothing is being done.

1 Like

Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by Angeldemon: 10:47am On Sep 22, 2021
Home school your children.
They will learn better from online schools than the rubbish phonetics those schools teach them and they still come out dumb with accents.
Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by Nobody: 11:01am On Sep 22, 2021
Beedude:

I am not against raising it up in the PTA meeting. But contacting other parants by adding them to a whatsapp group without informing the school is what i see as revolt.
Like i said, if u feel u are being cheated, kindly remove ur ward from such school

The suggestion is that PTA should have a WhatsApp group for quick resolution of issues. This is what is obtainable in our era
Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by jubundi: 12:29pm On Sep 22, 2021
PTA sometimes does not hold much power on Private Schools owners. I once worked in a Private Secondary School where the Proprietor had to ban PTA Meetings for many years because the parents were putting up some agitations for the welfare of staff and students grin grin grin
juman:
P.T.A of the schools can work together to change it.
Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by juman(m): 1:21pm On Sep 22, 2021
jubundi:
PTA sometimes does not hold much power on Private Schools owners. I once worked in a Private Secondary School where the Proprietor had to ban PTA Meetings for many years because the parents were putting up some agitations for the welfare of staff and students grin grin grin

Then the parents can change school for their children.
Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by bassdow: 8:29pm On Sep 22, 2021
Most SChools in this country are of no use. Complete waste products.

And most Teachers (especially in those roadside so called private schools) aren't Teachers BUT people who got into teaching profession either cause they needed raise Transport fare / keep body & Soul while Job Hunting OR it's the only available job they could find.

I have and would keep saying this - Home School your Kids. Get a teacher good in at least 2 subjects, getting the current Year's Education curricular / scheme of work is very easy. Let them come to your Home and teach them while focusing on the important basics. Some subjects which are of no use should either be completely dropped or given very low priority.

Imagine having 3-kids and paying 2 Lesson Teachers to handle them per term. You remain in control of how much quality gets into your Kids.
Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by Classickj(m): 8:47am On Sep 25, 2021
georgeakins:

Those students in private schools are assisted during exams, not that they are more brilliant.
Speaking from experience abi
Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by jubundi: 1:14pm On Sep 28, 2021
Changing of schools does not hold any effect because you are still going to be faced with the same problem you were running away from in your child's former school. Dont forget that the Proprietors of PRIVATE schools have an association where they all meet from time to time to determine the policy regulating private schools. They operate like Cabals. They have friends and associates in governments that defend their positions.
juman:

Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by jubundi: 1:26pm On Oct 11, 2021
Dem go change school tired. All the proprietors are birds of the same feathers grin grin
juman:

Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by juman(m): 4:31pm On Oct 11, 2021
jubundi:
Dem go change school tired. All the proprietors are birds of the same feathers grin grin

The parents can come together and start their own school.
Re: Fraud In Private Nursery/Pri Schl:Must A Child Buy A Book His Elder Ones Have? by jubundi: 3:32pm On Oct 15, 2021
Do you think that is realistic?
juman:

The parents can come together and start their own school.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pictures Only Medical Students Can Relate To / Three Abia State University Lecturers Die On The Same Day / Re Unical Raping Dean A Cry For Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.