Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,019 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:19 AM

Umahi Begs Buhari For ₦10 Billion To Complete Ebonyi Airport (Pictures, Video) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Umahi Begs Buhari For ₦10 Billion To Complete Ebonyi Airport (Pictures, Video) (31300 Views)

Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) / Ebonyi State Governmen Set To Complete Ebonyi State College Of Medicine (photos) / Governor Umahi Begs Anyim, Egwu, NASS Members For Forgiveness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Umahi Begs Buhari For ₦10 Billion To Complete Ebonyi Airport (Pictures, Video) by bayelsaowei(m): 11:47am On Sep 21, 2021
Hahahaha...useless...docile governors everywhere begging for hand outs from the center..

1 Like

Re: Umahi Begs Buhari For ₦10 Billion To Complete Ebonyi Airport (Pictures, Video) by donforeign: 11:47am On Sep 21, 2021
I be like this man but since e decamp to APC and e come dey talk anyhow, I dislike am no be small...buhari if mony dey,give am o..
Re: Umahi Begs Buhari For ₦10 Billion To Complete Ebonyi Airport (Pictures, Video) by FlipModeSquade(m): 11:48am On Sep 21, 2021
Moferere:
There is nothing bad in doing bambiala for the benefits of your people

I FIND THIS INSULTING. HOW WILL YOU SAY A STATE OF EBONYI STATUS DOES NOT DESERVE AN AIRPORT?

Umahi is doing bambiala to develop his state. what is your Governor doing?
Why build an Airport you can't finance,maintain and that will most likely not flourish?

Many states,with better living standards are struggling to maintain the ones they built and Ebonyi wants to BEG to build another one?

3 Likes

Re: Umahi Begs Buhari For ₦10 Billion To Complete Ebonyi Airport (Pictures, Video) by DrHighchief(m): 11:49am On Sep 21, 2021
Totilopussylick:
Millions of Fulani people living in that state can make buhari do the needful.

I'm from Ebonyi state ezza south Onueke, and Fulani guyz yapa for here.
Onueke....Remembering my NYSC days..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Umahi Begs Buhari For ₦10 Billion To Complete Ebonyi Airport (Pictures, Video) by donforeign: 11:49am On Sep 21, 2021
Sufferingboy:
Ebonyi never needed an airport in the first place,the project is just a white elephant project.

Umahi should fight poverty in Ebonyi state...
u re a fool
Re: Umahi Begs Buhari For ₦10 Billion To Complete Ebonyi Airport (Pictures, Video) by manee2(m): 11:49am On Sep 21, 2021
Isorrite
Re: Umahi Begs Buhari For ₦10 Billion To Complete Ebonyi Airport (Pictures, Video) by Sufferingboy(f): 11:49am On Sep 21, 2021
Moferere:

You are rude. Are you saying Ebonyi people do not deserve to fly? undecided

I am not rude,I never said such.

There is Enugu,Imo,Anambra airports close to them.

Ebonyi don't need an airport now...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umahi Begs Buhari For ₦10 Billion To Complete Ebonyi Airport (Pictures, Video) by dallyemmy: 11:49am On Sep 21, 2021
what is the repayment plan?
Re: Umahi Begs Buhari For ₦10 Billion To Complete Ebonyi Airport (Pictures, Video) by Sufferingboy(f): 11:50am On Sep 21, 2021
FlipModeSquade:
Why build an Airport you can't finance,maintain and that will most likely not flourish?

Many states,with better living standards are struggling to maintain the ones they built and Ebonyi wants to BEG to build another one?

Thank you for this comment,many people are blinded to see this.
Re: Umahi Begs Buhari For ₦10 Billion To Complete Ebonyi Airport (Pictures, Video) by Dproperties: 11:51am On Sep 21, 2021
Ebonyi do not need airport now same as kogi

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi Begs Buhari For ₦10 Billion To Complete Ebonyi Airport (Pictures, Video) by Sufferingboy(f): 11:51am On Sep 21, 2021
donforeign:
u re a fool

Yes,I am a fool for saying the truth....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Umahi Begs Buhari For ₦10 Billion To Complete Ebonyi Airport (Pictures, Video) by wink2015(m): 11:51am On Sep 21, 2021
WAS AIRPORT THE CRITICAL INFRASTRUCTURE THAT EBONYI STATE SHOULD HAVE?

They are heavily into Agriculture e.g Abakaliki rice I am wondering why they should be investing in an Airport?

EBONYI STATE SHOULD INVEST IN AGRICULTURE not airport.

Whether they call it CARGO AIRPORT or not?

The same thing goes to Anambra state, they have the Asaba airport nearby, Anambra state still went ahead to be securing airport for the state not minding the financial pressure it will have on their state treasury.
Re: Umahi Begs Buhari For ₦10 Billion To Complete Ebonyi Airport (Pictures, Video) by FlipModeSquade(m): 11:52am On Sep 21, 2021
donforeign:
u re a fool
He is a f00l for saying the obvious?

The Airport is a WHITE ELEPHANT PROJECT,that will not make any impact on the lives of Ebonyians..

If you like throw insults..

The TRUTH is bitter..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi Begs Buhari For ₦10 Billion To Complete Ebonyi Airport (Pictures, Video) by Nobody: 11:55am On Sep 21, 2021
Fahdiga:
Buhari will turn him down. Ebonyi is not a Fulani state

Buhari will turn him down because Ebonyi airport is a scam and as unprofitable as the state itself
Re: Umahi Begs Buhari For ₦10 Billion To Complete Ebonyi Airport (Pictures, Video) by RodgersAkpafu: 11:57am On Sep 21, 2021
Sufferingboy:

Don't find it insulting.Airport is not motor park you build anywhere.How many people in Ebonyi can afford to travel by air....

Perhaps,many airports builts in states richer than ebonyi are not even profitable lets alone ebonyi state airport.
True
What's even the air traffic volume nationwide to warrant all these white elephants projects

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Umahi Begs Buhari For ₦10 Billion To Complete Ebonyi Airport (Pictures, Video) by Sufferingboy(f): 11:57am On Sep 21, 2021
wink2015:
WAS AIRPORT THE CRITICAL INFRASTRUCTURE THAT EBONYI STATE SHOULD HAVE?

They are heavily into Agriculture e.g Abakaliki rice I am wondering why they should be investing in an Airport?

Bros,the Governor would have invested the money into building a commercial fishing port.Ebonyi state have two big waters with fish to feed Ebony and maybe Enugu state.

I will create job and all they need to do is to make agreement with Enugu state government so that Enugu will ban foreign fish.........
Re: Umahi Begs Buhari For ₦10 Billion To Complete Ebonyi Airport (Pictures, Video) by kingsceedon(m): 11:57am On Sep 21, 2021
Totilopussylick:
Millions of Fulani people living in that state can make buhari do the needful.

I'm from Ebonyi state ezza south Onueke, and Fulani guyz yapa for here.

No wonder the Fulanis guys behaved much better than all you fake Igbos over there, You guys are very disgraceful to the Igbo race

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Umahi Begs Buhari For ₦10 Billion To Complete Ebonyi Airport (Pictures, Video) by Sufferingboy(f): 11:57am On Sep 21, 2021
NaWeDeyHere:

Buhari will turn him down because Ebonyi airport is a scam and as unprofitable as the state itself

This guy self you dey funny......
Re: Umahi Begs Buhari For ₦10 Billion To Complete Ebonyi Airport (Pictures, Video) by thirdi(m): 11:59am On Sep 21, 2021
DaniDani:
I see a man so determined to set a legacy, and don't want his successor to face the challenges of repaying back loans he took. Ebonyi is one of the least indebted state. Thumps up Umahi.

One question... If the Nigerian state splits who owns the assets and the liabilities?

This will determine if taking the Goodluck approach by Umahi has any benefits because its not all that seems right in the eyes of man that is workable �
Re: Umahi Begs Buhari For ₦10 Billion To Complete Ebonyi Airport (Pictures, Video) by onegig(m): 12:00pm On Sep 21, 2021
This must be madness.

I guess State governord don't know they are on par with the President in a republic. No wonder we have such sub par developments and no development in all states.

Who the mess sent you to go build an airport you have no resources to complete or maintain? No feasibility studies was done or project funding pathways was looked at before things came up?

Like they just woke up and said, we love the idea of an airport and just gathered bricks and mortar and started building?
Re: Umahi Begs Buhari For ₦10 Billion To Complete Ebonyi Airport (Pictures, Video) by olowo1930: 12:00pm On Sep 21, 2021
Why will Ebonyi state govt start a project she can't finish? Poverty is very high in the state, how many years will it take govt to recoup the 10b back. Project suspended till state govt have sense to make money internally from the state and improve their standard of living. What is Ebonyi economy value rate among other states? My friend think of another means of making money. Dont corrupt your people by building airport. When you have basic industries available, them people can be thinking of flight.Another abandoned project looming. A state that can pay minimum wage building airport.
Re: Umahi Begs Buhari For ₦10 Billion To Complete Ebonyi Airport (Pictures, Video) by Sufferingboy(f): 12:00pm On Sep 21, 2021
RodgersAkpafu:

True
What's even the air traffic volume nationwide to warrant all these white elephants projects

That is what I am saying.Look at asaba and benin aiport they are struggling to maintain them.....

And now Anambra airport is about the make asaba airport useless.

I am from delta state by the way.
Re: Umahi Begs Buhari For ₦10 Billion To Complete Ebonyi Airport (Pictures, Video) by ifeanyi317(m): 12:01pm On Sep 21, 2021
is he saying he cant generate money from his state
Re: Umahi Begs Buhari For ₦10 Billion To Complete Ebonyi Airport (Pictures, Video) by Sufferingboy(f): 12:01pm On Sep 21, 2021
onegig:
This must be madness.

I guess this State governor's don't know they are on par with the president. No wonder we have such sub par developments.

Who the mess sent you to go build an airport you have no resources to complete or maintain? No feasibility studies was done or project funding pathways was looked at before things came up?

Umahi is competing with Obiano,forgeting that Anambra is richer than ebonyi....

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umahi Begs Buhari For ₦10 Billion To Complete Ebonyi Airport (Pictures, Video) by mabea: 12:01pm On Sep 21, 2021
AntiBMC:
Dave Umahi bambiala. cheesy

It's always boils down to money. That's why he's licking Bubu's ass. Thief.
Do you just comment for the sake of it. Bambiala or not, Ebonyi indigenes will benefit from it.

1 Like

Re: Umahi Begs Buhari For ₦10 Billion To Complete Ebonyi Airport (Pictures, Video) by Ahmback(m): 12:02pm On Sep 21, 2021
Beggie Beggie Governor

Re: Umahi Begs Buhari For ₦10 Billion To Complete Ebonyi Airport (Pictures, Video) by Picker28: 12:02pm On Sep 21, 2021
Don't worry he'll borrow soon and give you

1 Like

Re: Umahi Begs Buhari For ₦10 Billion To Complete Ebonyi Airport (Pictures, Video) by JimiJunji: 12:03pm On Sep 21, 2021
A state that can barely survive wants to dump #10billon on an airport, same stupid stuff osun state tried to do. Nigerian politicians investing in cement infrastructure while human development remains low, infrastructure that would most likely serve the needs of the elites. Invest that #10billion in a more tangible initiative like education, agriculture or young entrepreneurs and you're building people and entrepreneurs who would one day build airports and infrastructure. #10billion ÷ #1million is around 10 thousand, look for 10,000 ebonyi youths with good businesses or business ideas and invest #1million each in their businesses and watch as human development increases. Building airports when half the population is living in poverty, sad.

1 Like

Re: Umahi Begs Buhari For ₦10 Billion To Complete Ebonyi Airport (Pictures, Video) by Naijanascam: 12:04pm On Sep 21, 2021
Why begging him for that paltry sum .... upon all his mumu loyalty and respect to the president.... just mandate him as your father and friend

1 Like

Re: Umahi Begs Buhari For ₦10 Billion To Complete Ebonyi Airport (Pictures, Video) by mabea: 12:05pm On Sep 21, 2021
[quote author=Sufferingboy post=106031043]

That is what I am saying.Look at asaba and benin aiport they are struggling to maintain them.....

And now Anambra airport is about the make asaba airport useless.

I am from delta state by the way.[/quot]

Ebonyi is not competing with anyone rather she is striving to develop just like any other state would.
Re: Umahi Begs Buhari For ₦10 Billion To Complete Ebonyi Airport (Pictures, Video) by dingbang(m): 12:07pm On Sep 21, 2021
Poverty state, zero revenue. Just cultists
Re: Umahi Begs Buhari For ₦10 Billion To Complete Ebonyi Airport (Pictures, Video) by Sufferingboy(f): 12:07pm On Sep 21, 2021
[quote author=mabea post=106031183][/quote]

Poverty is what ebonyi state should strive to reduce not building airport..

Why am I even arguing with you.Anyway let us pray buhari will pity ebonyi and help you guys with fund....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Melaye’s Assassination Attempt: Court Drops Criminal Charges Against Suspects / Ethiopian Airlines: President Buhari Reacts As 157 Die In Plane Crash / Travelers On Tegina-Zugero Highway In Niger Flee During A Bandit Attack (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.