Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,277 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury (14423 Views)

Copa America: Neymar Cries, Leaves Brazil Training With Knee Injury (Photos) / TEAM NEWS! Neymar Returns To Paris For PSG Clash Against Man United / Obafemi Martins Shows Off The Interior Of His House As He Nurses Knee Injury(pho (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by Humanoid01(m): 11:10am On Sep 22, 2021
phr0nesis:

He is yet to score or assist in his new club, till he proves that he can replicate his Barca form at PSG, I'll rather choose Ronaldo
After just two games and nearly half a game? Clap for yourself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by ddippset(m): 12:23pm On Sep 22, 2021
RealEzee:
rest, you Uninstalled comprehension feature in ya brain grin.
Good

Now you guys understand how idiotic you have sounded all these years.
Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by ddippset(m): 12:23pm On Sep 22, 2021
Glycolite:

I don't do pointless.
Take care.
Good.

Now you guys understand how idiotic you have sounded all these years.

So long.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by ddippset(m): 12:34pm On Sep 22, 2021
Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by GABRIEL6036: 1:06pm On Sep 22, 2021
We na don come again abi, injury after huge sum to secure that ewu, na so that Eden hazard start too for Madrid. Isokkkkk kontinu

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by ojaysam25(m): 1:31pm On Sep 22, 2021
ddippset:
And How does that translate to guaranteeing Goals?

If you don't know the right English language to use then sod off.

PS
Messi has done it in Europe and South America. Ronaldo has only done it in Europe!

You see! Everyone can come up with their own narrative that suits them. No be only you sabi twist events.

Also Messi went 7 matches at Barca last season without scoring an open play goal, but ended up winning the golden boot.
Ronaldo went 5 matches at Juve without scoring a goal.
Messi has played only 3 full games at PSG.

Is it not premature and idiotic to think that Messi will not score goals at PSG? Is it not a famers' league again?
ronaldo went 3 match not 5 please stop exaggerating to soothe your pain. he had an assit and a man of the match award. what is messi contribution in 3matches so far in the farmers league...a yellow card, yeah.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by shegz24(m): 1:42pm On Sep 22, 2021
So why was he pissed that he was subbed off against Lyon, if he was injured?

That guy just joined PSG for vacation and to play UCL games.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by ddippset(m): 1:44pm On Sep 22, 2021
ojaysam25:

ronaldo went 3 match not 5 please stop exaggerating to soothe your pain. he had an assit and a man of the match award. what is messi contribution in 3matches so far in the farmers league...a yellow card, yeah.
O yeah...

So how many has Messi gone without scoring that you guys are already wagging your tails?

But Don't worry he will contribute "a Ballon dor winner" to the "farmers'" league by December, something they've never had before.
Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by ddippset(m): 1:49pm On Sep 22, 2021
GABRIEL6036:
We na don come again abi, injury after huge sum to secure that ewu, na so that Eden hazard start too for Madrid. Isokkkkk kontinu
That ewu will carry that injury to the Ballon dor podium in December and will be the first man to win the Ballon dor with an injury.

cheesy
Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by Yusman316(m): 2:11pm On Sep 22, 2021
othermen:
I think most people fail to realize that Ronaldo is an athlete that has configured his body and game to adapt to aging.

Bolt is the greatest track athlete ever, but at his current age, he won’t even qualify for the olympics 100m finals. Same as Messi, he is past his prime.

No great player at either player age played elite football.

In football, as you age your performance declines. Ronaldo’s performance began to decline over a decade ago, but he was able to channel all he was to what matters most in the game, scoring goals; hence his continuous relevance at the peak of the game.

At Ronaldo’s current age- Zidane, Xavi, Maradona, Pele were all spent. Some had retired entirely. Zlatan came out of retiring in a sub optimal league to return to Europe.

And unless Messi can adapt his body and his age to the game, he would definitely struggle as he is now. He would still score goals, but not in the most important games, facing defenders at their prime. Mbappe is not willing to sacrifice the highlights of his career for Messi. Many great players have faded away without reaching the height they can attain- just because they played a subordinate to Messi or Ronaldo. Benzema is a case .

The last time Messi was in a champions league final is 2014-2015. He has been a great player all years, but getting their requires more.

It is likely, his contribution to PSG would be just like his contribution to the Argentina National Team. Great, but not as illustrious as he was in his prime.

I think most people here should watch Futsal, if you are so thrilled about dribbling. The best dribbler with the ball is not even a professional player. There is more to football than dribbling and In the game of football, what counts is the goal scored or the assist made. Xavi and Iniesta are football geniuses, but no one considers them in their top players of all time. Mbappe and Neymar don’t want to end up like that. The PSG team would not be built around Messi and that will be his greatest challenge.

Also people are quick to talk about Ronaldo's assist as inferior to Messi. Your assist only counts when it leads to a goal. Messi played with Neymar, Zlatan, Aquero, Suarez, Ronaldinho, Griezmann, Etoo and other players that have insane goal conversion figures and capability.

Ronaldo has the most assists in the champions league and is part of the top 3 players with most assists ever in the history of the game; so it is ridiculous to suggest that ronaldo is only a goal scorer, he assists too! If shots on target is a criteria, ronaldo would excel too. So, Messi at his peak is the greatest player, but Ronaldo has been at the top far most consistently and that’s why he is equally considered the greatest player ever.

See person wey sabi analysis. Kudos to u!!!
Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by Yusman316(m): 2:15pm On Sep 22, 2021
olayiwola72:

Lol this guy na weyre … he said football is all about goals
Yes the person u quoted is right. When u are told about a football match, the first thing u ask is the scoreline, then who scored, before asking who featured. So it is about goals

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by guychidile: 2:39pm On Sep 22, 2021
Old age have set in .
Messi have to be careful in his approach to to opponents from now onwards.
Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by jeffsummers(m): 3:57pm On Sep 22, 2021
[quote author=MadamVanessa post=106052571]

The way and manner penaldo fans reason makes me to wonder if they're humans or animals.

Messi is anything Ronaldo will wish to be, but sadly he can't. Not now, not even in the next life, and you people obviously know this, reason you Penaldo fans, penaldo family and even Penaldo himself are so insecured.

As a girl i am, i am not . Its obvious u started watching ball recently. Am a non biased football fan. Now before ronaldo and messi moved to man u and psg i would rate messi 97 and ronaldo 93. Messi is better but Ronaldo is not far behind. But now i will wait for this season to be over if messi doesn't perform by end of this season then i can't rate him ahead of ronaldo. Ronaldo was an instant hit in the first season of all his clubs. Now to the issue of assits. Tell me how many players currently playing have more assits than ronaldo? lewandoski is the best striker on the planet. How many assits does he have? Most of his goals are tap ins
Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by jeffsummers(m): 4:09pm On Sep 22, 2021
[quote author=othermen post=106053618]I think most people fail to realize that Ronaldo is an athlete that has configured his body and game to adapt to aging.

Bolt is the greatest track athlete ever, but at his current age, he won’t even qualify for the olympics 100m finals. Same as Messi, he is past his prime.

No great player at either player age played elite football.

In football, as you age your performance declines. Ronaldo’s performance began to decline over a decade ago, but he was able to channel all he was to what matters most in the game, scoring goals; hence his continuous relevance at the peak of the game.

At Ronaldo’s current age- Zidane, Xavi, Maradona, Pele were all spe.
Never in my life have i seen someone with a wonderful football knowlege. A lot of stupid peole don't know that ronaldo has a high number of assits. Messi at his peak is better than peak Ronaldo. But i don't see messi outshinning ronaldo in their late 30's. Thanks to the way ronaldo treats his body.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by jeffsummers(m): 4:23pm On Sep 22, 2021
Humanoid01:

It still doesn't make a difference when you've played with stars all your career. He always has people supporting him. If Ronaldo stops scoring, he can't guarantee you anything. If Messi stops scoring, he will guarantee you assists and that's what makes a complete attacker.
Is it ronaldo that doesn't assit? Go and google top 10 assits providers of all time and tell me what number is ronaldo there. Ronaldo has more goals than messi but messi scores goals too. Messi has more assits than ronaldo but ronaldo assits also. Respect both players. They are both GOATS

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by SonyaSpence: 4:39pm On Sep 22, 2021
Humanoid01:

I get the picture clearly, he's a great goalscorer, but you people shouldn't make it seem like he's doing it on his own. Since he is a striker, then you shouldn't compare him with Lionel Messi who is an attacking midfielder.

If you ask me, I'd say Messi does his job even better because he not only provides assists, he also scores goals.

So again, I'd rather have me an attacking midfielder who scores and assists than a striker who only scores and provides relatively few assists. It's like comparing a wrist watch that has dual functions with another with only one function. Which would you go for if you could afford both conveniently?

I wasn't making any comparison, you did, If you ask me to compare both or chose between the two, I would choose Ronaldo ahead of Messi for obvious reasons, that is my opinion and I'm 100% entitled to it ditto with you.

What is Messi's job? Is he doing it satisfactorily as a player in his team? Are his employers and fans happy with his delivery?

If the answers to these questions are resoundingly positive, then there's no cause for alarm, he's doing well in his role.

I only find it plain stupid and unreasonable when Messi fans downplay Ronaldo's achievements and deride his abilities because Messi is their favourite.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by Mariezaza1(m): 4:54pm On Sep 22, 2021
Kingcalls:

U think its England were players are overpriced... u guys should research b4 posting....
That's just news haaland can't be worth less than sancho
Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by Kingcalls: 8:52pm On Sep 22, 2021
Mariezaza1:

That's just news haaland can't be worth less than sancho

How is it news...u are seeing it and u are calling it news .... dont u know when they sign players ,they include buyout clauses , which the player accepts...or do u think clubs wud just announce price out of the sky??
Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by imam07: 10:24pm On Sep 22, 2021
Humanoid01:

Messi scores goals (most of which he single-handedly does), provides entertainment by dribbling, makes key passes and assists.

You don't rate an attacker only by goals, you have to include assists made, whether those assists resulted to goals or not. If you compare Ronaldo with Messi based on that, then the former is nowhere near the latter.

One is a more complete and team-driven player than the other, and we both know who that is.
tell us how many clubs Messi scored tthose goals and tell us how many clubs Ronaldo scored those goals.person sit down for on club through out d 90% of his career. Now he changed club and up till now he never scored a goal.
Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by Mariezaza1(m): 1:19am On Sep 23, 2021
Kingcalls:

How is it news...u are seeing it and u are calling it news .... dont u know when they sign players ,they include buyout clauses , which the player accepts...or do u think clubs wud just announce price out of the sky??
The clause is set to be 90m in the summer
Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by Kingcalls: 3:47am On Sep 23, 2021
Mariezaza1:

The clause is set to be 90m in the summer

Yh... it was 65m last season....they added 10m to mk it 75m due to performance by end of last season and by next summer its likely to hit 90m ( another 15m added) cos this season is becoming another hit for him
Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by Humanoid01(m): 6:35am On Sep 23, 2021
imam07:
tell us how many clubs Messi scored tthose goals and tell us how many clubs Ronaldo scored those goals.person sit down for on club through out d 90% of his career. Now he changed club and up till now he never scored a goal.
Messi scored all those goals for one club and with varying qualities of players as time went on. Most of those goals, he set up for himself and didn't rely on an assist to get them.

Ronaldo on the other hand scored for different clubs who were already giants in their leagues and had to rely on the efforts of other players. Imagine going to a Juventus team which was dominating Italy for five seasons or more. Who wouldn't expect him to get goals? Oga talk another thing.
Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by imam07: 4:14am On Sep 24, 2021
Humanoid01:

Messi scored all those goals for one club and with varying qualities of players as time went on. Most of those goals, he set up for himself and didn't rely on an assist to get them.

Ronaldo on the other hand scored for different clubs who were already giants in their leagues and had to rely on the efforts of other players. Imagine going to a Juventus team which was dominating Italy for five seasons or more. Who wouldn't expect him to get goals? Oga talk another thing.
nomse6. All those shot from d mid field,long distance free kick goals,and magnificent nodding nah rely goals? You don't know what u are saying. How old are u? I guest u just started following soccer.
Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by Humanoid01(m): 4:18am On Sep 24, 2021
imam07:
nomse6. All those shot from d mid field,long distance free kick goals,and magnificent nodding nah rely goals? You don't know what u are saying. How old are u? I guest u just started following soccer.
Ancestor, wise one!

I hail o!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kante Signs Five Year Contract With Chelsea / Kenny Onatolu Celebrates His 38th Birthday Today / No Match Tickets Will Be Sold For Nigeria VS Liberia Match.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.