Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,299 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:21 AM

Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury (14409 Views)

Copa America: Neymar Cries, Leaves Brazil Training With Knee Injury (Photos) / TEAM NEWS! Neymar Returns To Paris For PSG Clash Against Man United / Obafemi Martins Shows Off The Interior Of His House As He Nurses Knee Injury(pho (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by donaldeke(m): 2:27pm On Sep 21, 2021
The Argentine was hooked in PSG’s 2-1 win over Lyon at the weekend, but was substituted by Mauricio Pochettino with the score at 1-1.

Messi did not look happy as he was brought off and sat on the bench but after picking up a knock, scans have revealed that he has a bone contusion in his left knee, the club confirmed.

There will be another update on the injury in the coming 48 hours, and so PSG will have to face Metz without Messi, who is still without a goal for his new side.

He came close to breaking his duck against Lyon, hitting the crossbar from a free kick and spurning a number of good opportunities. Neymar and Mauro Icardi managed to find the goals to seal the win for PSG.

While Messi has been sidelined again, Marco Verratti has returned to first team training, while Sergio Ramos is continuing his road to recovery after joining from Real Madrid this summer.

Despite looking shaky since the international break, PSG have won all six of their opening Ligue 1 games this season as they look to claw the French title back from Lille.

After facing Metz on Wednesday, they host Montpellier on Saturday before taking on Manchester City in a mammoth Champions League fixture at Parc des Princes.

PSG stumbld to a1-1 draw with Club Brugge in their opening group stage fixture last week, and will be looking to avenge their semi-final defeat to City last season.

https://www.reporterswall.com/lionel-messi-to-miss-psg-clash-with-metz-due-to-knee-injury/

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by Bornsinner7: 2:28pm On Sep 21, 2021
Quick recovery the GOAT

May your enemies be put to shame

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by Kingcalls: 2:31pm On Sep 21, 2021
Old age don de show.... this seems like bad business for PSG...season just de start naso wahala full everywhere... they wud hv sold mbappe and then used the money to get young players like halaand , vinicius , renato sanchez , sterling ,ndidi , koulibaly ... messi and ramos are not needed including keeping Mbappé... psg should hv been focused on building the team for the future... their desperation for champions league will end up ruining that club...

58 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by Kayberg: 2:31pm On Sep 21, 2021
undecided

Why was he then unhappy he was substituted?
Abi him want make the leg comot first ni?
I'm not a football fan o!
Don't attack me because I'm not feeling fine.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by sylve11: 2:32pm On Sep 21, 2021
I wish him well.
cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by WibusJaga: 3:11pm On Sep 21, 2021

Speedy recovery. He has been lucky with injuries in his entire career.
Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by Natural441(m): 3:17pm On Sep 21, 2021
Omo na man.city PSG one face next,I don dey think another thing ooo

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by orohbiro(f): 3:20pm On Sep 21, 2021
Kingcalls:
Old age don de show.... this seems like bad business for PSG...season just de start naso wahala full everywhere... they wud hv sold mbappe and then used the money to get young players like halaand , vinicius , renato sanchez , sterling ,ndidi , koulibaly ... messi and ramos are not needed including keeping Mbappé... psg should hv been focused on building the team for the future... their desperation for champions league will end up ruining that club...
stop displaying ur mumuity get sense

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by hatakekakashi: 3:33pm On Sep 21, 2021
Speedy recovery, Messi that hardly gets Injured.

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by paulolee(m): 3:44pm On Sep 21, 2021
my one one n only GOAT...cnt wait to have u back LEO

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by paulolee(m): 3:49pm On Sep 21, 2021
Kingcalls:
chaaai.....i jus finished reading n regretted doing so because u made no sense atall...
all players do get Injured n u said its bcoz of old age forgetting dt he is 2 years younger than ur cr7..
messi and ramos aint needed bt u forget dt dose same players would confidently walk into any team in dis world n ur weak brain no tell u say PSG got both for free..
PSG should focus on building for d future but ur man.u dt is too focused on building for d future bought a cr7 dts 36 n made him d highest paid in d league bt u see nothing wrong in it..
my guy go sleep before hate n hypocrisy drive u insane

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by Great100000: 5:42pm On Sep 21, 2021
Wishing him quick recovery Leo
Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by ojaysam25(m): 6:58pm On Sep 21, 2021
Wish him quick recovery, , but psg her paying him 1 million every week. How are they going to recover their money, 8 games played already plus tomorrow match, just concern.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by unbitchable(m): 7:01pm On Sep 21, 2021
Messi played through pain against Lyon yet gave his best bar goals. I have watched Messi played through pain in major tournaments including Copa America where he was literally bleeding on his ankle and all the way to the finals without being fit 100%. Sometimes in the Champions league, he had to come on to rescue Barca despite being half fit. Argentina could have missed the 2018, they were in the red zone due to Messi being injured but came back half fit to fire them into Russia 2018.
But I have seen an old fraud who for a little injury run away from the pitch when his country needed him most in the Euro finals. He was afraid and his legs were shaking on the pitch but those legs were full of energy on the touchline where the old fraud pretended to be a coach.

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by Kingcalls: 8:59pm On Sep 21, 2021
paulolee:

chaaai.....i jus finished reading n regretted doing so because u made no sense atall...
all players do get Injured n u call dis old age forgetting dt he is 2 years younger than ur cr7..
messi and ramos aint needed bt u forget dt dose same players would confidently walk into any team in dis world forgetting dt PSG got both for free..
PSG should focus on building for d future but ur man.u dt is too focused on building for d future bought a cr7 dts 36 n made him d highest paid in d league bt u see nothing wrong in it..

Messi is not Ronaldo...when will get that in ur head...Ronaldo guarantees goals , besides they hv a young team in man u ... Ronaldo has proved that he will certainly excel wherever he goes , he's tested and trusted... messi is no guarantee.... ramos is finished, even Enrique dint invite him for the Euros ... ramos is 34/ 35 and only played 14 games in all competitions last season for Madrid ... messi is 34 and only has 2 yrs left...thats a very stupid business, when u can sell mbappe and also used messi and ramos wages to sign those young players.... mbappe 200 m... messi 60 m ...ramos 40m... thats 300m ... halaand 65m , koulibaly 60m...Ndidi 50m , the rest na easy buy... these players will give u another 5 yrs minimum ... at least after 2 yrs, they will all gel...

Messi has only 2 yrs and u guys are saying they should give him time to gel... naso dem tell us give hazaard time to gel , the bobo de im 3rd season now and its certain we will not see the best of him again.... buying a 34 yr old dribbler / playmaker messi is a stupid move...pep saw this and dodged

Modified...at this same age, iniesta and xavi were already declining ... how many playmaker have u seen on top of their game at that age?? U can still see a 35 yr old striker or defender...but for a player, its different and again...mbappe and neymar are the goal getters, they will not give him chance...they will always occupy his space

45 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by Kingcalls: 9:09pm On Sep 21, 2021
orohbiro:

Go to the kitchen and cook ...this place is not for u...or go watch the kardashians , or u and display ur ass on Instagram, that's what u good at ( not sure of the cooking tho)

15 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by unbitchable(m): 10:24pm On Sep 21, 2021
Kingcalls:

Go to the kitchen and cook ...this place is not for u...or go watch the kardashians , or u and display ur ass on Instagram, that's what u good at ( not sure of the cooking tho)
Why harassing her for speaking the truth?
Sadly, the old fraud is a bad example to his his fangirls. The old fraud can't enter US for harassing a woman.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by Kingcalls: 10:28pm On Sep 21, 2021
unbitchable:

Why harassing her for speaking the truth?
Sadly, the old fraud is a bad example to his his fangirls. The old fraud can't enter US for harassing a woman.

So u still dint wanna hv sense with the constant insults u get with ur poor ...very poor reasoning

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by unbitchable(m): 10:40pm On Sep 21, 2021
Kingcalls:

So u still dint wanna hv sense with the constant insults u get with ur poor ...very poor reasoning
orohbiro:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by paulolee(m): 11:08pm On Sep 21, 2021
Kingcalls:

Messi is not Ronaldo...when will get that in ur head...Ronaldo guarantees goals , besides they hv a young team in man u ... Ronaldo has proved that he will certainly excel wherever he goes , he's tested and trusted... messi is no guarantee.... ramos is finished, even Enrique dint invite him for the Euros ... ramos is 34/ 35 and only played 14 games in all competitions last season for Madrid ... messi is 34 and only has 2 yrs left...thats a very stupid business, when u can sell mbappe and also used messi and ramos wages to sign those young players.... mbappe 200 m... messi 60 m ...ramos 40m... thats 300m ... halaand 65m , koulibaly 60m...Ndidi 50m , the rest na easy buy... these players will give u another 5 yrs minimum ... at least after 2 yrs, they will all gel...

Messi has only 2 yrs and u guys arecsaying they should give him time to gel... naso dem tell us give hazaard time to gel , the bobo de im 3rd season now and its certain we will not see the best of him again.... buying a 34 yr old messi is a stupid move...pep saw this and dodged
another trash, messi isnt cr7 n Cr7 guarantee goals bt messi have more goals to games ratio than him, messi have more trophies n awards than him abi?
cr7 guarantee goals but he couldn't score to take juve to d ucl top 4 in 3 seasons n even last time he did nothing both home n away dt made a lowly rate Porto dumped them
maybe juve got tired of his "goals" n dumped him at united n i pray his goals brings results next may..
buying a 34yr old messi is a bad move but united dt bought a 36yr old cr7 for almost €30m is a good move abi?? but PSG dt got him for free is a bad move
I like how u reason...u go jus on data n off ur reasoning dey cap rubbish..

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by IdJack(m): 5:16am On Sep 22, 2021
It's not easy to manage a football star.

Get well soon, Messi

Kindly check my signature for your business ideas and updates
Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by Phiniter(m): 5:19am On Sep 22, 2021
Ronaldo right now
Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by Kingcalls: 5:23am On Sep 22, 2021
paulolee:

buying a 34yr old messi is a bad move but united dt bought a 36yr old cr7 is a good move abi??
I like how u reason...u go jus on data n off ur reasoning dey cap rubbish..

E be like say English is ur problem.... cant u understand that Ronaldo is not messi... Ronaldo guarantees goals ...football is all about goals...he will score goals for any team cos he has proved himself.. he has scored astronomical number of goals for offensive teams and defensive teams .... messi has never played outside barca and he is 34 yrs old ...

Its like u just started watching football , a player that has played in a single club all his career leaves at the age of 34 and u expect him to perform?? Really??

If Ronaldo has been in man u all his career and he decided to leave at same age to another team...he will definitely struggle... besides , Ronaldos has adjusted his game over the years , due to age and teams tactics due to switching clubs ... messi is seeing this for the first time and he is old... he is freaking 34

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by Pierce008: 5:24am On Sep 22, 2021
Messi is really having it tough. What a way to start a season in a new club... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by Besidess66: 5:27am On Sep 22, 2021
paulolee:

all players do get Injured n u call dis old age forgetting dt he is 2 years younger than ur cr7..
messi and ramos aint needed bt u forget dt dose same players would confidently walk into any team in dis world forgetting dt PSG got both for free..
Ronaldo at 40yrs is better than Messi at 34
Ororo is fit and will still bang in goals at old age. Messi however is finished and past his peak. Can never outshine Mbappe and Neymar

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by Kingcalls: 5:30am On Sep 22, 2021
Mbappe has 5 goals and 4 assists ... messi can't boss him and he will not even allow messi boss him...he is way younger and has been ligue 1s best best for the past 4 seasons and also top scorer ... Mbappé is to psg what messi was to barca ...

Messi and pep frustrated zlatan when he joined barca ...now the same might end up happening to messi .... no coach will take messi over mbappe at psg now... if they try it, that team will collapse and mbappe is not ready to click with messi ... messi fans don't really understand the French and arrogance ... especially when they are on their soil... even Neymar hear am for there...but that one has accepted his fate

Mbappe is too confident and arrogant...over at barca everyone worshipped and feared messi ... this is psg, nobody send am ooo... even Ronaldo suffered this at juve but na im agidi im use perform

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by Ugaboy: 5:32am On Sep 22, 2021
Messi is now gradually failing... injury is a stepping stone

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by Kingcalls: 5:39am On Sep 22, 2021
unbitchable:
Messi played through pain against Lyon yet gave his best bar goals. I have watched Messi played through pain in major tournaments including Copa America where he was literally bleeding on his ankle and all the way to the finals without being fit 100%. Sometimes in the Champions league, he had to come on to rescue Barca despite being half fit. Argentina could have missed the 2018, they were in the red zone due to Messi being injured but came back half fit to fire them into Russia 2018.
But I have seen an old fraud who for a little injury run away from the pitch when his country needed him most in the Euro finals. He was afraid and his legs were shaking on the pitch but those legs were full of energy on the touchline where the old fraud pretended to be a coach.

Which one na bar goals again?? grin grin Messi people no go kee me grin grin

He is not the first that will play with injuries...u guys keep on making it sound like he is the first to do that... same thing players have been doing since the bigging of soccer, thats y I feel most Messi fans are minors.. Cr7 once played with one eye in la liga after he clashed in area battle ...his right eye was literally swollen and shut ... he still played with one eye and still scored the winning goal with his head ... so oga, no b new thing

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by Qoko: 5:41am On Sep 22, 2021
Kingcalls:
They wanted to sell Mbappe but Madrid are bring below cost price to the table.
Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by Kingcalls: 5:44am On Sep 22, 2021
Qoko:

They wanted to sell Mbappe but Madrid are bring below cost price to the table.

Madrid stared with 170m and offered 200m on the last day of transfer...the mumu team rejected cos they wan see mbappe Messi neymar upfront... forgetting that there was a time messi in his 20s , neymar still fresh and suarez as the best striker in Europe still cudnt get to the semis of champions league that year... infact ,that was the year juve beat them 3.0 in the quarters, they cudnt even score one in both legs ... they still don't get it that barcas engine was iniesta xavi ...the last time barca won CL , iniesta and xavi played in the midfield, ... xavi left after that final and iniesta followed...since then that team no see final again....it also affected the Spanish national team.... thats y I still maintain that Messi is the most overrated player in the history of football

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by p2flexx(m): 5:49am On Sep 22, 2021
Whenever I hear old fraud and midget here....laugh go just wan kill me grin
As a trained Ex Aro repping hall 3 calling your faves even worst names than the midget or old fraud..makes any derogatory term thrown at them paper weight...As a messi fan know this ,note this, and know peace....Come December 2021 the diminutive,peewee, Tom thumb , midget is gonna win his 7th ballon d'Or. ....Cheers to the future mate

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kante Signs Five Year Contract With Chelsea / Risk FREE Soccer Betting Tips - Www.ozbet.tips / Funke Oshonaike Officially Inducted Into Olympics Table Tennis Club 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.