Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,471 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury (14424 Views)

Copa America: Neymar Cries, Leaves Brazil Training With Knee Injury (Photos) / TEAM NEWS! Neymar Returns To Paris For PSG Clash Against Man United / Obafemi Martins Shows Off The Interior Of His House As He Nurses Knee Injury(pho (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by ddippset(m): 8:15am On Sep 22, 2021
Humanoid01:

No, I will take a goal scorer+ assist provider over one who only scores goals because if the goals don't come, the assists will definitely come. For the other, if the goals don't come, then nothing else will come. Why is your brain failing you, mr. high IQ?
don't speak much

Just show him this below

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by Humanoid01(m): 8:16am On Sep 22, 2021
ddippset:
Sure 'goals' is everything in football.

Oya see their career goal stats below.
Over 60% of those goals for Messi were single-handedly made. You can't say the same for the other who has largely depended on the impacts of other great players. Yet they say he's the greatest goal scorer and forget that he didn't achieve that all by himself.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by Humanoid01(m): 8:22am On Sep 22, 2021
ddippset:
don't speak much

Just show him this below
Most Messi haters I know got their hatred from the 2005 U-20 world cup final between Nigeria and Argentina. Messi scored two goals that day, from the penalty spot. Admittedly, we were robbed and everyone's frustration was directed to Messi. That's why you see most Ronaldo fan boys today and Messi haters arguing based on emotions and not logically, like that one that calls himself a king.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by Mariezaza1(m): 8:24am On Sep 22, 2021
Kingcalls:

Messi is not Ronaldo...when will get that in ur head...Ronaldo guarantees goals , besides they hv a young team in man u ... Ronaldo has proved that he will certainly excel wherever he goes , he's tested and trusted... messi is no guarantee.... ramos is finished, even Enrique dint invite him for the Euros ... ramos is 34/ 35 and only played 14 games in all competitions last season for Madrid ... messi is 34 and only has 2 yrs left...thats a very stupid business, when u can sell mbappe and also used messi and ramos wages to sign those young players.... mbappe 200 m... messi 60 m ...ramos 40m... thats 300m ... halaand 65m , koulibaly 60m...Ndidi 50m , the rest na easy buy... these players will give u another 5 yrs minimum ... at least after 2 yrs, they will all gel...

Messi has only 2 yrs and u guys are saying they should give him time to gel... naso dem tell us give hazaard time to gel , the bobo de im 3rd season now and its certain we will not see the best of him again.... buying a 34 yr old dribbler / playmaker messi is a stupid move...pep saw this and dodged

Modified...at this same age, iniesta and xavi were already declining ... how many playmaker have u seen on top of their game at that age?? U can still see a 35 yr old striker or defender...but for a player, its different and again...mbappe and neymar are the goal getters, they will not give him chance...they will always occupy his space
Haaland 65m? You de ment?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by ManiCypher(m): 8:26am On Sep 22, 2021
ddippset:
All these one na opata.

Messi left his comfort zone and place of his birth in south america to prove himself in another continent of Europe.

Ronaldo should leave Europe and go to another continent like South america to prove himself. He can play for River plate or Santos and prove he can survive in another continent.

Then I will take him seriously.

It's not by jumping about the biggest clubs in his confort zone of Europe like Man U, Madrid and Juve.

This guy u think like a 2 year old.. WTF... See your level of reasoning abeg...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by Davidgregs(m): 8:33am On Sep 22, 2021
Knee injury ko brain injury ni
Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by Asianjollof007: 8:41am On Sep 22, 2021
Kingcalls:

Madrid stared with 170m and offered 200m on the last day of transfer...the mumu team rejected cos they wan see mbappe Messi neymar upfront... forgetting that there was a time messi in his 20s , neymar still fresh and suarez as the best striker in Europe still cudnt get to the semis of champions league that year... infact ,that was the year juve beat them 3.0 in the quarters, they cudnt even score one in both legs ... they still don't get it that barcas engine was iniesta xavi ...the last time barca won CL , iniesta and xavi played in the midfield, ... xavi left after that final and iniesta followed...since then that team no see final again....it also affected the Spanish national team.... thats y I still maintain that Messi is the most overrated player in the history of football

Messi most overrated player?

Omo, Fulani herdsman that doesn't know anything about football is now on nairaland

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by ddippset(m): 8:42am On Sep 22, 2021
ManiCypher:

This guy u think like a 2 year old.. WTF... See your level of reasoning abeg...
Lol

You see how e dey pain!

Ronaldo has proved himself in different clubs bla bla.

You foools leave out important stats like Goals, assists, trophies, Ballon dors and be talking gutter shiiit about different countries.

Its he should go to South America and prove himself na.

grin grin grin
Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by RealEzee(m): 8:47am On Sep 22, 2021
ddippset:
Ronaldo guarantees goals but Messi does not guarantee goals.

YET RONALDO HAS ONLY ABOUT 30 CAREER GOALS MORE THAN MESSI BUT HAS PLAYED UP TO 150 MORE GAMES.

Now do you realise that what you said is senseless?

Mr "Ronaldo guarantees goals" oya see am below!
This talk is getting old by the day, do you how many players younger than Messi n CR7 who have not net reach these guys ni, if na by age n matches we should start calling out all the younger guys so your argument can make sense, oga if by some miracle and genius a player can even have hatrick in fewer games than Messi n CR7 n top them but for now e neva happen....... Maybe Messi fit try do 10 hatrick in his next 10 games to equal that, he's younger n have fewer games... Rubbish talk.

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by SonyaSpence: 8:58am On Sep 22, 2021
Humanoid01:

Man United comprises of great players as well but not a world class coach like Guardiola, Klopp, TT and the likes, that is the only deficiency that Ronaldo has in that club.

You can't be in a club with Bruno Fernandes, Pogba etc and not get goals. If Ronaldo stops scoring goals, tell me what else he'll contribute to the team.

You're not seeing the picture, at the moment his job at Man U is to score goals and win matches with the team, this is what ultimately leads to the team winning silverware. He is playing as a striker not a midfielder or defender. Each player in the team has a specific role to play and baba is playing his role excellently even at 36. If everyone else plays their role excellently, that is when you have a complete team that is formidable.

5 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by RealEzee(m): 8:59am On Sep 22, 2021
frankson1:

NO!!! You haven't watched CR7 or maybe you just started watching him play. Go and watch CR7 at Sporting CP or when he started at Man.U or just search for comments Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs made after the first-half of the game between both clubs.
CR7 is aging which he clearly understands. To remain in the game and still perform at highest levels, he had to EVOLVE in his game and this is the reason he's still at the top.

I doubt if you've ever watched him play.

I would have advised you to go watch CR7 way back to understand what changed but you're not obsessed about football.
pls pardon our sister she no understand,na just borrowed opinion she dey drop.
I laff when peeps first line of defence is CR7 scores tap ins, shebi if u like score with ur eyelashes na still one goal dem go count gbayi, they failed or rather intentionally turn a blind eyes to other dazzling goals CR7 has scored abi na with head, with over head kick, free kick etc? At his age CR7 is still performing and damn he's just an inspiration.
Kudos to Messi at psg, let's see how the season ends

4 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by goddons50: 9:03am On Sep 22, 2021
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA....THIS COUNTRY NA USELESS COUNTRY WALLAHI....THIS IS ONLY WHERE WE HAVE TALENT...... ARGUE.

MAKE GOD FORGIVE ALL OF US....
Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by Humanoid01(m): 9:06am On Sep 22, 2021
SonyaSpence:

You're not seeing the picture, at the moment his job at Man U is to score goals and win matches with the team, this is what ultimately leads to the team winning silverware. He is playing as a striker not a midfielder or defender. Each player in the team has a specific role to play and baba is playing his role excellently even at 36. If everyone else plays their role excellently, that is when you have a complete team that is formidable.
I get the picture clearly, he's a great goalscorer, but you people shouldn't make it seem like he's doing it on his own. Since he is a striker, then you shouldn't compare him with Lionel Messi who is an attacking midfielder.

If you ask me, I'd say Messi does his job even better because he not only provides assists, he also scores goals.

So again, I'd rather have me an attacking midfielder who scores and assists than a striker who only scores and provides relatively few assists. It's like comparing a wrist watch that has dual functions with another with only one function. Which would you go for if you could afford both conveniently?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by eskorelvis: 9:18am On Sep 22, 2021
unbitchable:
Messi played through pain against Lyon yet gave his best bar goals. I have watched Messi played through pain in major tournaments including Copa America where he was literally bleeding on his ankle and all the way to the finals without being fit 100%. Sometimes in the Champions league, he had to come on to rescue Barca despite being half fit. Argentina could have missed the 2018, they were in the red zone due to Messi being injured but came back half fit to fire them into Russia 2018.
But I have seen an old fraud who for a little injury run away from the pitch when his country needed him most in the Euro finals. He was afraid and his legs were shaking on the pitch but those legs were full of energy on the touchline where the old fraud pretended to be a coach.

Excuses pro max

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by eskorelvis: 9:20am On Sep 22, 2021
ddippset:
All these one na opata.

Messi left his comfort zone and place of his birth in south america to prove himself in another continent of Europe.

Ronaldo should leave Europe and go to another continent like South america to prove himself. He can play for River plate or Santos and prove he can survive in another continent.

It's not by jumping about the biggest clubs in his confort zone of Europe like Man U, Madrid and Juve.

Finally, someone without reasoning grin

4 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by flemblem(m): 9:21am On Sep 22, 2021
MadamVanessa:

The way and manner penaldo fans reason makes me to wonder if they're humans or animals.

Messi is anything Ronaldo will wish to be, but sadly he can't. Not now, not even in the next life, and you people obviously know this, reason you Penaldo fans, penaldo family and even Penaldo himself are so insecured.

As a girl i am, i am not too obsessed about football, but i have watched the two guys played on several occasions. I am telling you this from the depth of my heart, mentioning Ronaldo in the same sentence with Messi, is an insult to Messi. Tell me, apart from running in thr box and tapping in , what else can that fraud offer? But Messi on a very bad day without goals, he will assist, without assist, he will give nice passes, without nice passes, he will dribble, the list is endless... and some group of blind people called fans, would come and say that one old fraud from Portugal can ever measure up with the greatest of all time from Argentina standard...Lol so impossible.

Ronaldo is a fraud abegi! Uselessss goat.

You should get Ronaldo’s tapes and watch properly , you’re so confused about what football is all about. You still call Ronaldo penaldo. ? Even with his fantastic goals . If e easy make your Messi Dey tap in too. You’re indeed backward in the world of football . Reasonable women who wishes to argue football will watch ball not just some hearsay you listen to from your BFs unreasonable arguments…. The two are good footballers but one is far better than the other when it comes to goals. Ronaldo Is a goal machine argue with your ancestors or ask your dad!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by Glycolite: 9:21am On Sep 22, 2021
ddippset:
He doesn't need to score 30 goals, after all he score just 25 last season.
With a deeper role behind Mbappe he only needs to score 20 goals.
While Ronaldo plays in the opponents box for Man U. grin

PS
We want to see Ronaldo prove himself in South America.

South America leagues ?
What's the world FIFA ranking of south America leagues ?

6 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by Glycolite: 9:27am On Sep 22, 2021
MadamVanessa:

The way and manner penaldo fans reason makes me to wonder if they're humans or animals.

Messi is anything Ronaldo will wish to be, but sadly he can't. [s]Not now, not even in the next life, and you people obviously know this, reason you Penaldo fans, penaldo family and even Penaldo himself are so insecured[/s].

As a girl i am, i am not too obsessed about football, but i have watched the two guys played on several occasions. I am telling you this from the depth of my heart, mentioning Ronaldo in the same sentence with Messi, is an insult to Messi. Tell me, apart from running in thr box and tapping in , what else can that fraud offer? But Messi on a very bad day without goals, he will assist, without assist, he will give nice passes, without nice passes, he will dribble, the list is endless... and some group of blind people called fans, would come and say that one old fraud from Portugal can ever measure up with the greatest of all time from Argentina standard...Lol so impossible.

Ronaldo is a fraud abegi! Uselessss goat.

They , the haters and the midget lovers will always sound like a high end programmed robot !

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by ddippset(m): 9:33am On Sep 22, 2021
RealEzee:
This talk is getting old by the day, do you how many players younger than Messi n CR7 who have not net reach these guys ni, if na by age n matches we should start calling out all the younger guys so your argument can make sense, oga if by some miracle and genius a player can even have hatrick in fewer games than Messi n CR7 n top them but for now e neva happen....... Maybe Messi fit try do 10 hatrick in his next 10 games to equal that, he's younger n have fewer games... Rubbish talk.
What gibberish are you speaking?

You people said Ronaldo guarantees goals but Messi does not guarantee goals SIMPLY BECAUSE HE PLAYED ONLY 3 MATCHES FOR PSG WITHOUT SCORING.

My screenshot was only to prove how idiotic that statement was..

Again see am.. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by Glycolite: 9:33am On Sep 22, 2021
ddippset:
All these one na opata.

Trust me,even other midget lovers are embarrassed by these comment .
So filled with emotions, improper reasoning and reveals the level of your knowledge about football.
I can't believe someone can confidently think this low..and embarrassingly, on a public forum.

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by ddippset(m): 9:35am On Sep 22, 2021
Glycolite:

South America leagues ?
What's the world FIFA ranking of south America leagues ?
Who cares

If you people can continue to be ridiculous by telling us Messi must play in 4 clubs to be up to Ronalo then;

Ronaldo should leave his comfort Europe and prove himself in South America just like Messi left his comfort in South America to play in Europe.

Period!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by ddippset(m): 9:39am On Sep 22, 2021
Glycolite:

[s]Trust me,even other midget lovers are embarrassed by these comment .
So filled with emotions, improper reasoning and reveals the level of your knowledge about football.
I can't believe someone can confidently think this low..and embarrassingly, on a public forum.[/s]
Nonsense!!!

Ronaldo has proved himself in 4 clubs, Messi should leave Barca bla bla bla...only Pendu tapnaldo fan girls have held on to this idiotic narrative for years.

Messi is a South American.
Ronaldo is a European.

Messi left his home to conquer Europe. Ronaldo has been in Europe all his life..
Who really has proved himself in a different environment??

Just fuc off will You?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by RealEzee(m): 9:42am On Sep 22, 2021
ddippset:
What gibberish are you speaking?

You people said Ronaldo guarantees goals but Messi does not guarantee goals SIMPLY BECAUSE HE PLAYED ONLY 3 MATCHES FOR PSG WITHOUT SCORING.

My screenshot was only to prove how idiotic that statement was..

Again see am.. grin
rest, you Uninstalled comprehension feature in ya brain grin.

4 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by frankson1(m): 9:43am On Sep 22, 2021
RealEzee:
pls pardon our sister she no understand,na just borrowed opinion she dey drop.
I laff when peeps first line of defence is CR7 scores tap ins, shebi if u like score with ur eyelashes na still one goal dem go count gbayi, they failed or rather intentionally turn a blind eyes to other dazzling goals CR7 has scored abi na with head, with over head kick, free kick etc? At his age CR7 is still performing and damn he's just an inspiration.
Kudos to Messi at psg, let's see how the season ends

They all know the truth but too ashamed to admit. CR7 is a very mature and intelligent player. He understands and reads the game of football. Younger players who wants to grow should understudy him.

I remember when people where always complaining about his too much dribbling and not crossing balls as a winger, but SAF replied by telling them to allow him enjoy himself.

If it's easy for tap-ins, he wouldn't boss goal scoring chats everywhere he goes.

5 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by Glycolite: 9:46am On Sep 22, 2021
ddippset:
Who cares

If you people can continue to be ridiculous by telling us Messi must play in 4 clubs to be up to Ronalo then;

Ronaldo should leave his comfort Europe and prove himself in South America just like Messi left his comfort in South America to play in Europe.

Period!

I don't do pointless.
Take care.

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by Glycolite: 9:46am On Sep 22, 2021
ddippset:
Nonsense!!!

Ronaldo has proved himself in 4 clubs, Messi should leave Barca bla bla bla...only Pendu tapnaldo fan girls have held on to this idiotic narrative for years.

Messi is a South American.
Ronaldo is a European.

Messi left his home to conquer Europe. Ronaldo has been in Europe all his life..
Who really has proved himself in a different environment??

Just fuc off will You?
Kk

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by Glycolite: 9:47am On Sep 22, 2021
RealEzee:
rest, you Uninstalled comprehension feature in ya brain grin.

That guy is not worth engaging.
He's too dull.

4 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by Adekunle813: 10:03am On Sep 22, 2021
orohbiro:
stop displaying ur mumuity get sense

The guy is right

Nah you suppose shut up!

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by charlesm91(m): 10:16am On Sep 22, 2021
Kingcalls:
Mbappe has 5 goals and 4 assists ... messi can't boss him and he will not even allow messi boss him...he is way younger and has been ligue 1s best best for the past 4 seasons and also top scorer ... Mbappé is to psg what messi was to barca ...

Messi and pep frustrated zlatan when he joined barca ...now the same might end up happening to messi .... no coach will take messi over mbappe at psg now... if they try it, that team will collapse and mbappe is not ready to click with messi ... messi fans don't really understand the French and arrogance ... especially when they are on their soil... even Neymar hear am for there...but that one has accepted his fate

Mbappe is too confident and arrogant...over at barca everyone worshipped and feared messi ... this is psg, nobody send am ooo... even Ronaldo suffered this at juve but na im agidi im use perform
I love that Ronaldo line grin. Better agidi cos sometimes I wonder how he scored in that team filled with low to average players.

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by Adekunle813: 10:31am On Sep 22, 2021
Kingcalls:

Which one na bar goals again?? grin grin Messi people no go kee me grin grin

He is not the first that will play with injuries...u guys keep on making it sound like he is the first to do that... same thing players have been doing since the bigging of soccer, thats y I feel most Messi fans are minors.. Cr7 once played with one eye in la liga after he clashed in area battle ...his right eye was literally swollen and shut ... he still played with one eye and still scored the winning goal with his head ... so oga, no b new thing

Aswear your head dey there

You argued with the raw fact!

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by Kingcalls: 10:38am On Sep 22, 2021
Mariezaza1:

Haaland 65m? You de ment?

U think its England were players are overpriced... u guys should research b4 posting....

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi To Miss PSG Clash With Metz Due To Knee Injury by phr0nesis(m): 11:07am On Sep 22, 2021
Humanoid01:

And Messi isn't the one scoring?

Tell me, who would you rather have in your team? A player who only scores goals, or one who scores and assists other players to score?
He is yet to score or assist in his new club, till he proves that he can replicate his Barca form at PSG, I'll rather choose Ronaldo

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kante Signs Five Year Contract With Chelsea / No Match Tickets Will Be Sold For Nigeria VS Liberia Match. / Risk FREE Soccer Betting Tips - Www.ozbet.tips

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.