Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,167 members, 7,811,383 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:41 AM

What I Learnt After Visiting The Brazilian Presidential Palace(photos, Video) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What I Learnt After Visiting The Brazilian Presidential Palace(photos, Video) (57173 Views)

My Visit To The Brazilian Presidential Palace(photos) / I Was At The Brazilian Independence Day Celebrations In Brasilia 2021(photos) / Lessons I Learnt In Dubai As A Nigerian (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I Learnt After Visiting The Brazilian Presidential Palace(photos, Video) by RodgersAkpafu: 10:29am On Sep 22, 2021
dasparrow:
African leaders are afraid because they know that the people whom they lord themselves over don't like them. Honestly, I think the colonial boundaries should be torn down and let the various ethnic nationalities decide whom they want to share a country with. These artificial countries created by the european colonialists ain't working. This is why there is no peace in many parts of Africa and African leaders surround themselves with excess security personnel.
It has nothing to do with the borders
It's the people who inhabit li the counties that is the problem
Even homogenous countries in Africa is in the same mess
So it's not about the different ethnic groups
Its bout the people being too useless to work together
We cannot afford to have midget sized counties in africa
Re: What I Learnt After Visiting The Brazilian Presidential Palace(photos, Video) by RodgersAkpafu: 10:38am On Sep 22, 2021
Mrcomputeru:
Why are Nigerians always quick to write total rubbish about our country? Have you seen America's budget for the security of the president? Even Russia, China and other reasonable world leaders, the security of the president is important, make your findings well before you disgrace yourself in public
That's true
but does not invalidate his point
At least in the White House and the Kremlin
There are organised tour guides inside once in a while
Do we have same in Nigeria?
There are areas open to the tourists
And areas cordoned off
Do we have same in Nigeria?

We will see the truth but deny because of pride
Re: What I Learnt After Visiting The Brazilian Presidential Palace(photos, Video) by RodgersAkpafu: 10:40am On Sep 22, 2021
Nairobi33:
Why is US whitehouse different? If they born you well, go near Whitehouse with your rubbish phone and take pics/video like that make secret service gun you down without warning, idiot.
People protest in front of the White Housr All the time
so what's your point ?
How many have been killed?

1 Like

Re: What I Learnt After Visiting The Brazilian Presidential Palace(photos, Video) by RodgersAkpafu: 10:44am On Sep 22, 2021
planetx:
I just hate this very rampant attitude of always putting your race and continent down just to praise other races and continent. I just hate it because it is too prevalent on this forum. Everything is a put down and comparison like other races and continents don't have their challenges and missteps. How many African presidential palace have you visited to quickly arrive at the conclusion that we are all just terrible people and every one else is so much better. You people are just sick in the head with too much self hatred and inferiority complex. After telling us about your freedom in Brazil hope you will also tell the people you are trying to impress how black people are treated worse than dogs in Brazil.
Nobody is putting anybody down to please anybody
All they are are doing is call out the fk up of our system so we can change
Even the US citizens are highly critical of their country and systems
Talk less of a third world, soon to be failed joke of a shameful country
Re: What I Learnt After Visiting The Brazilian Presidential Palace(photos, Video) by RodgersAkpafu: 10:55am On Sep 22, 2021
CoolAmbience:

God bless you real good.

It is called 'second-class mentality' or 'mediocrity'. It is the height of loss of self identity and human dignity.

Nigerians in the US will show you everywhere beautiful in the US...aren't there equally beautiful places in Nigeria?

Aren't there tons of slums and places across in the US without power supply, water and motorable roads?

It took the US over half a century before women were allowed to vote in elections, but in Nigeria, women started participating in elections from day 1.

Nigeria and Africa are fantastically corrupt...Yes, yet the US, UK and all the so-called saintly nations do not think it is a problem collaborating in warehousing these monies for them. Who is deceiving who?

We just keep putting ourselves down...

Women suffrage came decades before Nigeria gained independence
So that example of Nigerian women voting from the beginning does not hold water
You speak of "tons of slums in the US and Britain"
Fine
There are rough areas
But what the population percentage who live in this conditions
In america it's one in five AT WORST
They say their poverty rate is 12.4% or so
Let's just make it 20% as I said one in five

What is the proportion of Nigerians living in squalid conditions IN NIGERIA?
Even the supposed high brow areas na nonsense with no proper drainage; central sewage system, and other amenities that a sub urban middle class area in Connecticut take for granted (most of the areas with few exceptions)

It's our acceptance of mediocrity and excusing it that put us in this mess that we are in
Re: What I Learnt After Visiting The Brazilian Presidential Palace(photos, Video) by space9880: 11:01am On Sep 22, 2021
BKayy:
Let me answer your question as to why Africans are scared.
African leaders are scared because they know that they lack the legal consent of the people they govern. Put it this way, they are the gate keepers of another person's prison.

No African country is created for the people that's why the first thing they signed into their OAU was preserving the colonial boundary.

Though it appears that the current generation lack the knowledge of their history but the gate keepers (African Leaders) are subconsciously always scared of the people realising themselves and Revolting. This is very evident in my Igboland, we have many chiefs but the only one that adorns himself with security men and Police is the so called King because he knows he is a mere warrant chief created to subdue the people
If it was for the people and by the people, they don't need to be constantly afraid of the people revolting
Ichie Bkayy brain full your head

2 Likes

Re: What I Learnt After Visiting The Brazilian Presidential Palace(photos, Video) by OGMEEKZY: 11:26am On Sep 22, 2021
Nigeria monarchs are full of shit that why they need security
Re: What I Learnt After Visiting The Brazilian Presidential Palace(photos, Video) by shallar1(m): 11:32am On Sep 22, 2021
Africans hate their leaders by default. We are both pole apart
Re: What I Learnt After Visiting The Brazilian Presidential Palace(photos, Video) by buchilino(m): 11:36am On Sep 22, 2021
Corporate2020:

Your parents are living in Nigeria. Nigeria is a Zoo. Only animals live in Zoos. Therefore your parents are . . . . . . . . . . .

SO 4 U TO MAKE A POINT, U MUST BRING HIS PARENTS INTO IT. WAT A SHAME
Re: What I Learnt After Visiting The Brazilian Presidential Palace(photos, Video) by buchilino(m): 11:38am On Sep 22, 2021
RodgersAkpafu:

People protest in front of the White Housr All the time
so what's your point ?
How many have been killed?

THERE SO.MANY SPACE INSIDE HIS BRAIN

1 Like

Re: What I Learnt After Visiting The Brazilian Presidential Palace(photos, Video) by SirBunky85(m): 12:21pm On Sep 22, 2021
[quote author=CoolAmbience post=106057197]

You dey mind the mugu?

Nigerians, always getting overly excited over nothing.

In JSS 1 at FGC, we visited certain places in the Villa during our excursion, including other landmarks such as the CBN, Agura Hotels, City Gate, National Mosque, The National Ecumenical Centre, ECOWAS Building, The International Conference Centre etc.

I did a similar visit in Mexico during my Corrosion Engineering Program in Aguascalientes, some years ago. There certainly are restricted areas.

[/quote)maybe,the Op thought all of us are naive/gullible to have believed his "tales by moonlight"

1 Like

Re: What I Learnt After Visiting The Brazilian Presidential Palace(photos, Video) by CoolAmbience(m): 3:41pm On Sep 22, 2021
RodgersAkpafu:

Women suffrage came decades before Nigeria gained independence
So that example of Nigerian women voting from the beginning does not hold water
You speak of "tons of slums in the US and Britain"
Fine
There are rough areas
But what the population percentage who live in this conditions
In america it's one in five AT WORST
They say their poverty rate is 12.4% or so
Let's just make it 20% as I said one in five

What is the proportion of Nigerians living in squalid conditions IN NIGERIA?
Even the supposed high brow areas na nonsense with no proper drainage; central sewage system, and other amenities that a sub urban middle class area in Connecticut take for granted (most of the areas with few exceptions)

It's our acceptance of mediocrity and excusing it that put us in this mess that we are in

Who is talking about women suffrage?

There is a reason why I cited that as an instance. I was looking at imperfections of all human societies.

Proportion of persons living in squalors isnt the bone of contention here. The question is, are there squalors and slums in the US? Lets not use the grammar of 'proportion' to deviate from the issue.

This isn't about accepting mediocrity. You don't say because a country is still developing, then it is less or inferior to others. That makes no sense.

These developed countries passed through these phases as well.

I see that you deliberately avoided the roles of these so-called saintly nations in the looting of developing countries, especially in Africa...
Re: What I Learnt After Visiting The Brazilian Presidential Palace(photos, Video) by Nobody: 1:25pm On Sep 23, 2021
planetx:
The well documented issue of racism in Brazil is a lie to you because you are an African boot licker who probably lick the boots of the muzungus(white people) just to be in their good books and deny what is in your face. I don't blame you I blame the poverty that chased you out of Africa to deny the rampant racism against Afro Brazilians. The same denial you people do in the US about racism that made the Afro Americans to resent you.

There is no country without racism even in Nigeria we have tribalism, so what's your point? I am living my life and racism in Brazil is not like what you have in America, it is actually a crime in Brazil, yes racism is a crime here
Re: What I Learnt After Visiting The Brazilian Presidential Palace(photos, Video) by franxalive(m): 8:24am On Sep 24, 2021
Cognitivereason:
Naira is still better than Zimbabwe dollar oo.biko...
E Neva reach DAT level grin

Kindly check it out YOURSELF to confirm the Naira vs Zimbabwe dollars difference cry cry cry
Re: What I Learnt After Visiting The Brazilian Presidential Palace(photos, Video) by Samishiba: 1:49am On Sep 25, 2021
mabea:
Is there a part of Brazil that speaks or understand the English language?

No. Brazilians understand some words in English but don't speak english. English classes is so expensive in Brazil. Inacessible for the common population. Only upper class Brazilians are fluently in English. 4% of Brazilians are fluently in english 60% understand some words
planetx:
The well documented issue of racism in Brazil is a lie to you because you are an African boot licker who probably lick the boots of the muzungus(white people) just to be in their good books and deny what is in your face. I don't blame you I blame the poverty that chased you out of Africa to deny the rampant racism against Afro Brazilians. The same denial you people do in the US about racism that made the Afro Americans to resent you.
The media exaggerate so much. Exist racism in Brazil but is not like the media portrays. The life in Brazil is very hard for all races: for poor white Brazilians and poor black Brazilians.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lady Travels Accross Seven States Within Seven Days With A Bike. (photos) / Have You Heard About The Alien Stone Found In Sierra Leone, West Africa? / Update On Awka Millennium City Project, Anambra State (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.