Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,490 members, 7,823,146 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

Plateau Polytechnic: Injuries As Army Opened Fire On Protesting Students - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Plateau Polytechnic: Injuries As Army Opened Fire On Protesting Students (23350 Views)

Residents Flee As Army Shuts Military Camp, Withdraws Troops From Niger State / People Trapped In A Mangrove In Rivers, After Fake Soldiers Opened Fire On Them / 30 Arrested As Army Continues Search For Missing General In Jos. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Plateau Polytechnic: Injuries As Army Opened Fire On Protesting Students by Drosonogasta(m): 7:06am On Sep 22, 2021
Onepeople:
and the people of jos elected him twice?
He was relected same way Buhari lose at noon and won at night.
Re: Plateau Polytechnic: Injuries As Army Opened Fire On Protesting Students by GOCEO: 7:07am On Sep 22, 2021
Derrylatei:
Honestly, this is the first time in my life I weeped for Nigeria. I'm really ashamed of being part of this nation. How on Earth can people who are meant to protect the citizens be killing and maltreating them. The arm forces is supposed to be an elite force not d so-called "obey the last order" illitrate, salvage, dirty and old fashioned arm forces of Nigeria civil war. For God sake this is the 21st century. I weep for Nigeria

These are images of Malawi army protecting protesters rathering shooting at them. When will Nigeria ever get it right?
Brother read read read!!!!!
Re: Plateau Polytechnic: Injuries As Army Opened Fire On Protesting Students by skywalker240(m): 7:11am On Sep 22, 2021
PayOnDelivery:
This is serious.

Dispersing protesting students with real guns and bullets (whether blank bullet or live ammo.)?

Our approach to handling protests in this country is worrisome.

not worrisome, its Primitive, archaic, animalistic, babaric, anything that has to do with animal mindset. This contraption is truely a Zoo.
Re: Plateau Polytechnic: Injuries As Army Opened Fire On Protesting Students by watchindelta(m): 7:24am On Sep 22, 2021
You suppose finish school 4 to 5yrs but in Nigeria you finish school 10 to 11yrs lol undecided
Re: Plateau Polytechnic: Injuries As Army Opened Fire On Protesting Students by Warlord12(m): 7:26am On Sep 22, 2021
Re: Plateau Polytechnic: Injuries As Army Opened Fire On Protesting Students by QueenAgbo(f): 7:27am On Sep 22, 2021
Hmmm.
Re: Plateau Polytechnic: Injuries As Army Opened Fire On Protesting Students by oladipuposadeeq(m): 7:28am On Sep 22, 2021
AuntRose:
Gov. Simon Lalong is effortlessly making his incompetence very glaring for all to see. The students all came out to peacefully protest against the strike being embarked by the school the very day they are to commence exams without any prior notice whatsoever and then the military came shooting carelessly leading to the death of one student.

Hours after denying, the state govt shamelessly confirmed the death of one student. Nothing is right in Simon's government
there is nothing right in the whole system of this country.
Re: Plateau Polytechnic: Injuries As Army Opened Fire On Protesting Students by TheMan3: 7:28am On Sep 22, 2021
vickydevoka:

Even without strike, after graduating what's next
so would you rather stay In the strike and graduate 7 + X years for a 4 year course? Or 9 + x years for a six years course.

Where x = future strike and uncertainties in the Nigeria university system
Re: Plateau Polytechnic: Injuries As Army Opened Fire On Protesting Students by watchindelta(m): 7:29am On Sep 22, 2021
I Dnt even know if Nigeria minitary have family self! the way they go against Nigeria citizens as if the Nigerian citizens is the problem or problem of Nigeria self.
Re: Plateau Polytechnic: Injuries As Army Opened Fire On Protesting Students by Decent09(m): 7:30am On Sep 22, 2021
theenchanter:
I read it and there was no mention of Nigerian Army shooting at students...... I even clicked the link in order to convince myself that the OP skipped that part, but no mention of Nigerian Army.

Nigerian media will kill Nigeria before ethnicity and religion.

I blame nairaland mods sha.

Nairaland is becoming more and more of Igbos than for Nigerians
Re: Plateau Polytechnic: Injuries As Army Opened Fire On Protesting Students by Onepeople: 7:30am On Sep 22, 2021
Drosonogasta:

He was relected same way Buhari lose at noon and won at night.
you are very funny, our electoral system is our greatest undoing in this country. You know during the period in view nairaland forum made us to understand that the entire people of plateau state are solidly behind APC based on the pictures that was in circulation, sorry if i did not understand the true situation in plateau state.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Plateau Polytechnic: Injuries As Army Opened Fire On Protesting Students by yusluvad(m): 7:30am On Sep 22, 2021
That's extremely poor...
AuntRose:
Gov. Simon Lalong is effortlessly making his incompetence very glaring for all to see. The students all came out to peacefully protest against the strike being embarked by the school the very day they are to commence exams without any prior notice whatsoever and then the military came shooting carelessly leading to the death of one student.

Hours after denying, the state govt shamelessly confirmed the death of one student. Nothing is right in Simon's government
Re: Plateau Polytechnic: Injuries As Army Opened Fire On Protesting Students by Lightorder: 7:31am On Sep 22, 2021
PayOnDelivery:
This is serious.

Dispersing protesting students with real guns and bullets (whether blank bullet or live ammo.)?

I would always ask myself, what does it cost to buy rubber billets that our military would always use live ammo on unarmed protesters, if they must shoot ? Are we mad in this country? Volcano and earthquakes are better than our government o
Re: Plateau Polytechnic: Injuries As Army Opened Fire On Protesting Students by asobo1: 7:38am On Sep 22, 2021
theenchanter:
I read it and there was no mention of Nigerian Army shooting at students...... I even clicked the link in order to convince myself that the OP skipped that part, but no mention of Nigerian Army.

Nigerian media will kill Nigeria before ethnicity and religion.

I blame nairaland mods sha.
So you think people just restrict themselves to nairaland alone to get information abi. Try your best to create time in watching news from the television if you have one. This is a news TVC and AIT covered. An armoured car was even brought in by the Nigeria Army
Re: Plateau Polytechnic: Injuries As Army Opened Fire On Protesting Students by asobo1: 7:40am On Sep 22, 2021
Decent09:

Nairaland is becoming more and more of Igbos than for Nigerians
Rubbish
Re: Plateau Polytechnic: Injuries As Army Opened Fire On Protesting Students by Jamesarua: 7:41am On Sep 22, 2021
lexy2014:

pls read d story carefully. d headline is misleading
what is misleading,,,,,am a student there,,,,,,2 people were killed....they followed student into school campus and their compounds
Re: Plateau Polytechnic: Injuries As Army Opened Fire On Protesting Students by Jamesarua: 7:44am On Sep 22, 2021
Blackfire:
Why are this students causing trouble...
3years in one ND1 ooo,,,,another reason was student didnt sleep all night reading for exams only for them to be told no exam,,some even sleep in school sef
Re: Plateau Polytechnic: Injuries As Army Opened Fire On Protesting Students by Blackdisciple(m): 8:13am On Sep 22, 2021
Common student protest they will send Army, pls can someone define the work of the army for them to know cos it seems they don't know their primary assignment.
Re: Plateau Polytechnic: Injuries As Army Opened Fire On Protesting Students by amah4game: 8:26am On Sep 22, 2021
But they could not respond shooting to invaders and massacres in the state.... such biased security system...
You can never have a functioning system without Justice!
Re: Plateau Polytechnic: Injuries As Army Opened Fire On Protesting Students by ddeola: 8:44am On Sep 22, 2021
The same army that could not finish boko-devils?

What a SHAME sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Plateau Polytechnic: Injuries As Army Opened Fire On Protesting Students by NamelessOGBENI(m): 8:48am On Sep 22, 2021
Events like this lend credence to fact that something of this nature happened during the EndSARS protest.

Imagine opening fire at protesters but you can't open fire at terrorism.
Re: Plateau Polytechnic: Injuries As Army Opened Fire On Protesting Students by 2oby: 8:59am On Sep 22, 2021
AuntRose:

It would have been better if it's on auto-run moving forward but unfortunately it is moving backwards

I work in Lagos but my family stays in Jos but we r seriously considering leaving even though my wifes biz is in Jos. D security is getting worse by d day.
Re: Plateau Polytechnic: Injuries As Army Opened Fire On Protesting Students by Nobody: 9:18am On Sep 22, 2021
Hassanmaye:

But think about it sir, assuming you are coming from Lagos to Taraba and you happed to follow Jos And you are stucked, what is the correlation between examination postponement and closure of high way? Why are educated people behaving like dogs?? Can't they protest within the vicinity of the school??

Why are you trying to sound so hypocritical, do you know how many times I have encountered road block by either those celebrating one festival or even Muslim praying and blocking the road for almost an hour. did anybody call army to shoot at any of these set of people. By the way protest is meant to get the attention of government and one way is to obstruct vehicular movement even the so called politicians you are holding brief for during campaign block the road for hours and you applaud them, government convoy or even the president do the same blocking of road for hours during his visit. There's no justification for shooting unarmed peaceful protesting student with lives ammunition.
Re: Plateau Polytechnic: Injuries As Army Opened Fire On Protesting Students by luluman: 9:37am On Sep 22, 2021
marvel2011:
Nigerian Army and carelessness
Carelessness is an understatement
Re: Plateau Polytechnic: Injuries As Army Opened Fire On Protesting Students by AuntRose(f): 10:11am On Sep 22, 2021
mfm04622:

At least nobody is accusing the soldiers of firing into the crowd.
The real question is why were the Nigerian Army called to resolve a situation that should have been resolved by the Nigerian Police?
If you call the Nigerian Army to disperse protesters, what do you want them to use? Are soldiers given tear gas? If the Nigerian Army were called to disperse them, of course they will use bullets. As much as the students have the right to protest peacefully, the public has the right to go about their businesses peacefully. Why didn't they limit their protest to the school? Why didn't they protest in a way that will not adversely affect others? You can't cause chaos and complain about how govt respond.

They fired towards the sky and the bullets mysteriously downed two people? grin You're funny, jamesarua will give you a concise answer as I just discovered he schools there.
Re: Plateau Polytechnic: Injuries As Army Opened Fire On Protesting Students by WaffenSS(m): 10:39am On Sep 22, 2021
AuntRose:

Lies.

They blocked roads and started attacking motorists. Watch at the bottom right of the video just before the soldiers arrived, you’ll see them destroying the car on the road. They also threw tires at the arriving soldiers.

Anyone who interrupts traffic and attacks motorists deserves to be shot
Re: Plateau Polytechnic: Injuries As Army Opened Fire On Protesting Students by ajl: 12:56pm On Sep 22, 2021
The same Nigerian army someone on Nairaland want us to be mourning when they are killed by Boko Haram. Na lie. Their lives no worth pass the chickens in my poultry. Same way they value lives of the people.
Re: Plateau Polytechnic: Injuries As Army Opened Fire On Protesting Students by lexy2014: 2:43pm On Sep 22, 2021
Jamesarua:
what is misleading,,,,,

is d story and the headline d same?
Re: Plateau Polytechnic: Injuries As Army Opened Fire On Protesting Students by viviangist: 3:29pm On Sep 22, 2021
AuntRose:
Gov. Simon Lalong is effortlessly making his incompetence very glaring for all to see. The students all came out to peacefully protest against the strike being embarked by the school the very day they are to commence exams without any prior notice whatsoever and then the military came shooting carelessly leading to the death of one student. Fumigation Services Cleaning Services Dispatch Riders Interior Decoration Events Logistics Security Services
Re: Plateau Polytechnic: Injuries As Army Opened Fire On Protesting Students by mecussey(m): 4:13pm On Sep 22, 2021
PayOnDelivery:
This is serious.

Don't forget to check my profile to show off and get your fine feet grin

Some of them were praising the Army when they opened fire on IPOB members in Afarukwu, Obigbo and Lekki Toll gate protesters. Na so E be....condemn evil when you still can...evil is evil. However, they may be innocent. The country is at war with her citizens.
Re: Plateau Polytechnic: Injuries As Army Opened Fire On Protesting Students by cejaypriesty(m): 4:56pm On Sep 22, 2021
Emu4life:
Did you do the Headcount Sir?
Whether he did or not there is truth in what he said.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Who Escaped Prison During EndSARS Protest Gets 14 Years Imprisonment / Court Convicts False Emergency Caller, Uzuokwu Solomon, In Lagos / Evans Sues Police, Demands N1bn Damages Over Sealed Property

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.