Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,412 members, 7,822,919 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

Chinese Banks To Open In Nigeria - Cui Jianchin - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chinese Banks To Open In Nigeria - Cui Jianchin (1190 Views)

Kashim Shettima Receives Ambassador Of China, CUI Jianchun (Photos) / Cui Jianchin Mulls Establishment Of Chinese Banks In Nigeria / FG Orders Banks To Open From Monday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Chinese Banks To Open In Nigeria - Cui Jianchin by Nobody: 11:37pm On Sep 22, 2021
The Chinese Ambassador to Nigeria, Cui Jianchin, says he is in talks with Chinese-owned banks to establish operations in Nigeria.

This, the envoy said, is to boost Nigeria’s economy and expand trade relations between the two nations.

Cui made this known on Tuesday in Abuja while addressing Journalists during the commemoration of the 2021 Chinese Moon Festival and China-Nigeria Cultural week.

According to Cui, the establishment of Chinese Banks in Nigeria will also be one of the key areas of discussion during the China-Nigeria Binational Committee meeting, which he is also pushing for the establishment.

He said that an efficient financial institution was a key driver to achieving a strong economy, one Nigeria can learn from China’s experience.

“Before my departure from Beijing to Abuja, I talked to several banks in China. When you list the World’s 10 big banks, six are in China.

“The Banking sector is very important, because, without money, we cannot build our industries.

“What I am thinking here is best to talk to the governor of Central Bank and how we can allow the Chinese Banks to run office here and now, they are doing the feasibility studies on that.

“I am working hard that in the Bi-national meeting, I hope we can make a big decision and give a big push to let the banking industry and insurance industry, because financial integration and institutions are key.

“If you go to China, you will find our banking industry is very powerful, not only for business, but change in the way of life.

“Because of the COVID-19, the Banking Industry is a little hesitant, but I told them Nigeria has a lot of human resources and as long as we work together, we can do big things.

“And that is why it is important to invest in the banking industry, to solve this problem,” Cui said.

Extolling the extant China-Nigeria trade relations, Cui noted that the volume of trade between China and Nigeria is nearly 20 billion US Dollars, with an increase from 2020’s 19.2 billion dollars.

News credit: Punch NG

https://punchng.com/envoy-mulls-establishment-of-chinese-banks-in-nigeria/

Cc: Mynd44, OAM4J, Lalasticlala

Re: Chinese Banks To Open In Nigeria - Cui Jianchin by Illuminatiship(m): 11:39pm On Sep 22, 2021
Ok
Re: Chinese Banks To Open In Nigeria - Cui Jianchin by otosa(m): 11:43pm On Sep 22, 2021
Gbham, little by little the pig's mouth is getting to the compound. grin
Re: Chinese Banks To Open In Nigeria - Cui Jianchin by Ammishaddai: 11:52pm On Sep 22, 2021
The Chinese have a proverb that says " when you want to take something big , you give something small ". He who has ears let him hear!
Re: Chinese Banks To Open In Nigeria - Cui Jianchin by Nothingserious: 12:14am On Sep 23, 2021
Will this help our balance of trade?
Will it reduce the pressure on the naira from dollar denominated transactions?
Is it connected to the loans and infrastructural support from China?
Will our commercial banks compete favourably with them?
Only time will tell!

1 Like

Re: Chinese Banks To Open In Nigeria - Cui Jianchin by CXLVII: 12:41am On Sep 23, 2021
It’s China that will recolonize Africa!
Re: Chinese Banks To Open In Nigeria - Cui Jianchin by chatinent: 1:35am On Sep 23, 2021
Neo-colonialism.

1 Like

Re: Chinese Banks To Open In Nigeria - Cui Jianchin by deji17: 1:40am On Sep 23, 2021
Buhari attracting foreign investors. Nice one.
Re: Chinese Banks To Open In Nigeria - Cui Jianchin by Aboks(m): 2:52am On Sep 23, 2021
(Cha Chun chuaya) good morning in china
Re: Chinese Banks To Open In Nigeria - Cui Jianchin by hakeem4(m): 3:02am On Sep 23, 2021
Imagine going to the bank to complain and the Chinese manager kicks you out with kungfu
Re: Chinese Banks To Open In Nigeria - Cui Jianchin by MrMaestro: 3:07am On Sep 23, 2021
Nigerians need to block this with every fiber of their being or risk future generations cursing you in your grave for not preventing a THIRD colonial era on the continent.
Re: Chinese Banks To Open In Nigeria - Cui Jianchin by xtianxtian(m): 3:25am On Sep 23, 2021
Gradually they are coming to take charge of Nigeria economy.
Re: Chinese Banks To Open In Nigeria - Cui Jianchin by Midas01: 3:55am On Sep 23, 2021
Lol
Re: Chinese Banks To Open In Nigeria - Cui Jianchin by LLiKYekoba: 4:36am On Sep 23, 2021
Make sure open a branch in the East, Igbos are your biggest traders as a group. I want to be able to go to Jianchen Bank in Onitsha and pay my Chinese customers in Guangzhou and Yiwu.
Re: Chinese Banks To Open In Nigeria - Cui Jianchin by Mynd44: 4:52am On Sep 23, 2021

(1)

Peter Obi On Their Faces. / Primate Ayodele’s Bombshell: ‘Neither Tinubu Nor Osinbajo Can Be President’ / See Adamu Garba’s Tweet Moment After He Announced APC Form For ₦100m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.