Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,399 members, 7,954,579 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:27 PM

Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) (55925 Views)

Indian Students Wear Boxes On Their Heads During Exam To Prevent Cheating / Students Wear Ankara As School Uniforms In Anambra - Twitter User Claims / Anambra Secondary Students Wear Native Cloths To School On Wednesdays (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) by ifyain: 10:39am On Sep 23, 2021
Here in the Netherlands children do not wear uniform to school. it is the content of ones intellect that counts and not uniform.
Re: Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) by olasquare: 10:46am On Sep 23, 2021
I love this. Very commendable. The african way is the way
Re: Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) by Tomek09(m): 10:48am On Sep 23, 2021
[s]
Mrnairalandd:
If other states in other region start this, Igbos ll start crying.

They always come up with tribal initiatives in their region but the moment other regions begin to initiate similar initiatives these bigots begin to scream blue murder.

They have never initiate anything possible in the history of this great country

Just imagine Hausa/Fulani begin to force students in their region to wear this below

And Yorubas begin to ask students in their region to wear their own tribal attire as shown below as uniforms in schools in the West

Just wait for it in few years, bookmark this page, you ll see how Igbos ll be crying here on Nairaland about how others Nigerians are treating Igbos.

Watch other Nigerians move on with their lives without complaining about what Igbos are doing in their region.
[/s]
Re: Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) by owobokiri(m): 10:59am On Sep 23, 2021
bukatyne:

So only titled men should wear ishi agu?

I would also assume that men can use it on their wedding day because it is a very special occasion?

Is there traditional everyday wear for Igbo men/boys? Do women/girls also have something they wear everyday?

Yeah, it's for titiled men and for serious occasions by matured adults. Normal traditional everyday dress looks more like the normal "brocade" or "senator" attire that's common amongst the youths these days....

There are a many traditional female dresses for the igbo gal. Most revolve around the traditional wrappers like the akwaete designs which are very environmentally friendly considering the fact that we live in the tropics..
Re: Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) by MrLegal01: 11:00am On Sep 23, 2021
While this may be commended as a ceremonial outfit, we must understand the value attached to the Ishi-Agu Costume in the Ibo decscent.

As it were, the costume was for the title holders or elevated Chiefs in the community, it is a symbol of authority and class, it represents knowledge of culture and membership in the ruling class. It was not meant for the common man or for the kids. It was worn by the Chiefs and Council members, even Kings.

Now, this development and the widespread of the Ishi-Agu costume while popularizing the Igbo tribe, has extincted the value attached to the Costume and Culture.
Re: Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) by mctech(m): 11:02am On Sep 23, 2021
This is really cool! I need to get one too. The top is really nice especially when someone told me that 'Isi agu' means 'Lion head.' Have pride and confidence in yourself!

Boost the visibility of your business by getting smart number (0800 and 0700 series) at modest cost. Delivery in 48 hours.
Re: Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) by jimyjames(m): 11:05am On Sep 23, 2021
generalwo:
.. If it doesn't count u won't be replying me..... U just proved you are a fan of opinions thah doesn't count
Your rants starts and ends here on nairaland nothing more
Re: Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) by generalwo(m): 11:08am On Sep 23, 2021
jimyjames:

Your rants starts and ends here on nairaland nothing more
.....where does your own end? In the market square abi? Odeh

2 Likes

Re: Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) by bukatyne(f): 11:08am On Sep 23, 2021
owobokiri:

Yeah, it's for titiled men and for serious occasions by matured adults. Normal traditional everyday dress looks more like the normal "brocade" or "senator" attire that's common amongst the youths these days....

There are a many traditional female dresses for the igbo gal. Most revolve around the traditional wrappers like the akwaete designs which are very environmentally friendly considering the fact that we live in the tropics..

It seems my earlier suggestion on Ankara would work if they want to infuse Nigerian flavour into their schooling experience.

Traditional wrappers won't work either for the girls.

1 Like

Re: Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) by bazooka4jesus: 11:09am On Sep 23, 2021
ALABACONNECT:
Nice grin

Well, fo your UK used and brand new smart TV sets and soundbars, check my signature

Lagos?
Re: Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) by jimyjames(m): 11:17am On Sep 23, 2021
generalwo:
.....where does your own end? In the market square abi? Odeh
You are the one ranting about Igbo children wearing isi agu to school not me
Re: Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) by ALABACONNECT(m): 11:17am On Sep 23, 2021
bazooka4jesus:

Lagos?
Yes.
Re: Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) by theInterpreter: 11:18am On Sep 23, 2021
ciencee:

Which state be the first born for the NIGER DELTA? grin grin grin
Niger Delta is not an ethnic group

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) by dreu2fine(m): 11:26am On Sep 23, 2021
post=106088082:
WHOEVER INTRODUCED AFRICAN fabric as part of School Uniforms for our Secondary School children, should be commended.

Frankly speaking, I don't know if our beloved State would find another person in the mold of Prof. Kate Omenugha as the Commissioner for Basic Education in Anambra State.

This woman has introduced laudable, far-reaching and commendable policies that would stand the test of time.

Pic Credit: Rev. Fr. Theo Ekwem.

School: Bubbendorf Memorial Secondary School, Adazi Nnukwu.

Attire: Isi Agu.

I love this.
Very wrong it's traditional atire not for scol
Re: Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) by Tomek09(m): 11:29am On Sep 23, 2021
Mrnairalandd:
If other states in other region start this, Igbos ll start crying.

They always come up with tribal initiatives in their region but the moment other regions begin to initiate similar initiatives these bigots begin to scream blue murder.

They have never initiate anything possible in the history of this great country

Just imagine Hausa/Fulani begin to force students in their region to wear this below

And Yorubas begin to ask students in their region to wear their own tribal attire as shown below as uniforms in schools in the West

Just wait for it in few years, bookmark this page, you ll see how Igbos ll be crying here on Nairaland about how others Nigerians are treating Igbos.

Watch other Nigerians move on with their lives without complaining about what Igbos are doing in their region.
Unnecessary lamentation. How many Yorubas and Hausas are schooling in Anambra let alone the whole SouthEast. U have no point at all other than hatred and sheer bitterness. U go dey alright, buddy.
Re: Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) by Tomek09(m): 11:31am On Sep 23, 2021
MrLegal01:
While this may be commended as a ceremonial outfit, we must understand the value attached to the Ishi-Agu Costume in the Ibo decscent.

As it were, the costume was for the title holders or elevated Chiefs in the community, it is a symbol of authority and class, it represents knowledge of culture and membership in the ruling class. It was not meant for the common man or for the kids. It was worn by the Chiefs and Council members, even Kings.

Now, this development and the widespread of the Ishi-Agu costume while popularizing the Igbo tribe, has extincted the value attached to the Costume and Culture.
@bolded....... what's Ibo??

Are you this ignorant than you can't spell common IGBO.

Very shameful of you.
Re: Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) by olisefom: 11:32am On Sep 23, 2021
Esseite:
Well, this is really good on the nationality angle but would make no difference on employment because uniform sewing is equivalent. It would make impacting economic sense if the fabrics are made in Nigeria..

Alot of oil dey your head walahi
Re: Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) by eteba(m): 11:41am On Sep 23, 2021
Meanwhile in a related development, an Aboki equally turned up in school decked in his *bandi agu* attire.

1 Like

Re: Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) by westernized: 11:52am On Sep 23, 2021
eteba:
Meanwhile in a related development, an Aboki equally turned up in school decked in his *bandi agu* attire.
��� Which one be Bandi Agu again
Re: Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) by FreedomArmy: 12:02pm On Sep 23, 2021
WaffenSS:
Mini Igbos
are they not better than this grass eating northern bandit?

1 Like

Re: Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) by toprealman: 12:09pm On Sep 23, 2021
owobokiri:
Ishi agu is not an everyday dress for heavens sake! I'm all for the showcasing of our amazing culture but we should also realize that wearing a dress code for the right occasion is important in terms of preserving our culture. These days I see some wayward females sowing skirts with ishi agu materials. Many young boys use this revered material to sow their "fashionable" T shirt. Arù!
Don't adore material things. If anyone wants to sleep with them....just let them be.
Re: Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) by Numerouno94(m): 12:13pm On Sep 23, 2021
theInterpreter:
grin
We came to see isiagu

The guy dey show school buildings grin

But I thought isiagu was supposed to be for big men?
They've turned it into basic t shirt grin

kiss Ile Ife is not any first son anything
Keep your eboe mouth off Yoruba business undecided

The guy u mentioned meant no harm. Southerners always fighting each other over mundane issues while the North keeps using their heads to play ball. Una mumu neva do?
Re: Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) by theInterpreter: 12:16pm On Sep 23, 2021
Numerouno94:

The guy u mentioned meant no harm. Southerners always fighting each other over mundane issues while the North keeps using their heads to play ball. Una mumu neva do?
i know the guy
I also meant no harm
He should mind his business
Stop fooling yourselves

There's nothing like southern unity
Re: Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) by owobokiri(m): 12:18pm On Sep 23, 2021
bukatyne:

It seems my earlier suggestion on Ankara would work if they want to infuse Nigerian flavour into their schooling experience.

Traditional wrappers won't work either for the girls.

I agree with you
Re: Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) by owobokiri(m): 12:18pm On Sep 23, 2021
toprealman:

Don't adore material things. If anyone wants to sleep with them....just let them be.
We don't roll like that over here..
Re: Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) by toprealman: 12:27pm On Sep 23, 2021
owobokiri:

We don't roll like that over here..
Emancipate yourself
Re: Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) by Numerouno94(m): 12:30pm On Sep 23, 2021
theInterpreter:
i know the guy
I also meant no harm
He should mind his business
Stop fooling yourselves

There's nothing like southern unity

Ok boss, i never knew u meant no harm. I meant no harm wit my comment too. Peace bro.
Re: Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) by Nobody: 12:46pm On Sep 23, 2021
Truthissupreme:
Aboki turning up in their own isi agu to school
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Students Wear Isi Agu As School Uniform In Anambra (Photos) by odogwunaija(m): 12:49pm On Sep 23, 2021
BlackZeus17:
Ftc
#ole gunnar na fool

Compound fool my brother

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

List Of Gods That Died And Resurrected After 3 Days / 'ASUU On Strike' Warning At University Of Benin Main Gate (Photos) / I Have A Very Low Second Class Lower, Can I Go For Masters Direct?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.