Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,339 members, 7,815,672 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:19 PM

Gaboon Viper In My Farm (Photo) - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Gaboon Viper In My Farm (Photo) (43723 Views)

Imo Woman With Giant Cassava Tuber She Harvested From Her Farm (Photo) / The Big Gaboon Viper Killed In My Farm Yesterday (Pictures) / See The Antelope My Cousin Killed Today In The Farm (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gaboon Viper In My Farm (Photo) by Dhury: 2:01pm On Sep 23, 2021
Any IPOB update news ? I heard there's going to be 1month lockdown in the east
Re: Gaboon Viper In My Farm (Photo) by TheWolfen(m): 2:01pm On Sep 23, 2021
Abeg where me too fit see snake chop. E be like say the meat go sweet. Nairaland will not kill me with laugh grin

1 Like

Re: Gaboon Viper In My Farm (Photo) by Benprass(m): 2:02pm On Sep 23, 2021
If the Lord does not keep a city, house the watch man watch in vain

1 Like

Re: Gaboon Viper In My Farm (Photo) by juniorstar(m): 2:04pm On Sep 23, 2021
kress2m1:
Good morning everyone,

Workers clearing the bushes on my farm yesterday stumbled across this specimen and quickly did justice to it.

We've walked this same place wearing just slippers and it's our eternal thanks to God Almighty that this venomous snake didn't bite any one of us.

As I was about to sleep, someone, I don't know who, whispered in my ear that I should bring the matter here. I have done as instructed.

Op abeg which state and local govt is the farm so I can avoid such area .
Re: Gaboon Viper In My Farm (Photo) by Akinh: 2:07pm On Sep 23, 2021
sylve11:
Odd looking creatures. Snakes are much in my current environment. From Cobra to Python to Boa to Mambas to Vipers etc.. angry cool
did you relocate to snake island Las Las...
Re: Gaboon Viper In My Farm (Photo) by Trumann: 2:08pm On Sep 23, 2021
sylve11:
Odd looking creatures. Snakes are much in my current environment. From Cobra to Python to Boa to Mambas to Vipers etc.. angry cool

Do you live in the zoo?
Re: Gaboon Viper In My Farm (Photo) by Mamijoh(f): 2:10pm On Sep 23, 2021
Francashy:
As you were about to sleep, someone whispered in your ear...Bro na Lala's voice be that oo gringrin
grin grin grin
Re: Gaboon Viper In My Farm (Photo) by Bamzyriches451: 2:12pm On Sep 23, 2021
Nah waoo
Re: Gaboon Viper In My Farm (Photo) by OG1BABY(f): 2:13pm On Sep 23, 2021
Food is ready
Re: Gaboon Viper In My Farm (Photo) by airsaylongcome: 2:14pm On Sep 23, 2021
YeyeGbami:
Oh but why. You for capture am and take it farther into the forest and release it.

Nasir Jones aka Nas, in his track "Mastermind" said

"Make your enemies believe there's love here, cos in war; Belief is all fair"

Lil'kim in "Lighters up" retorted

"Never show your enemies love"

Make of that what you will

2 Likes

Re: Gaboon Viper In My Farm (Photo) by laiza(m): 2:17pm On Sep 23, 2021
It's a very docile creature, it hardly strikes at anything except what it can eat and that's when it's hungry. He could have just taken it further into the forest or something. You shouldn't be afraid of these animals as they would hardly harm you, they have more to fear from humans than we have to fear from them. Another thing humans don't understand is that there are a lot of strange diseases you can contract from eating snake meat. If you were using the venom or hide I can understand, but for meat... people need to be very careful. "Snake diseases that can be passed to humans include salmonellosis, botulism, leptospirosis, and campylobacteriosis".
kress2m1:

I heard that this snake can be very placid and rarely strikes out at humans, and that it can also be handled with care.

But, the warning was that it should simply be avoided due to the fact that when it bites, it doesn't immediately let go and injects the largest quantity of venom of any snake into its victim. Anti-venom is also said to be in short supply in hospitals.

So, in light of the above reasons and our inability to safely relocate, cutlass had to say hello to its head.

Lala, no vex

1 Like

Re: Gaboon Viper In My Farm (Photo) by Gate050: 2:19pm On Sep 23, 2021
sylve11:
Odd looking creatures. Snakes are much in my current environment. From Cobra to Python to Boa to Mambas to Vipers etc.. >:

A viper once bit a little boy here, within 10 minutes the little boy started shivering. Though, the viper was killed but the little boy's mother was so careless because, after some time the boy stood up and was walking as if nothing happened. We advised and warned the mother to take the boy to the hospital but she did not listen; went ahead with her business and before the next morning, the little boy died.

I dont like that creature, its not as if I hate either but they should stay far away from me. sad cool
Be it venom or non venom one, I don't like see any. I kill and throw them away. I just hate that creature
Re: Gaboon Viper In My Farm (Photo) by tradepunter: 2:20pm On Sep 23, 2021
Chrizzz:
How did you know it’s poisonous ��
You just end the life of a poor snake tbh

Bross nu go there abeg....

Vipers are amongst the top 3 deadly species of snakes.

This particular is very dangerous
Re: Gaboon Viper In My Farm (Photo) by Tomygins: 2:20pm On Sep 23, 2021
The day I chop snake,Nat that day them go turn my enemy. The last thing u wanna mistakenly step on be it daytime or nite is head of snake,when snake dey relax dey sleep. Na that day u go truly know say God dey exist
Re: Gaboon Viper In My Farm (Photo) by laiza(m): 2:20pm On Sep 23, 2021
Bros leave quote abeeg, that snake no go bite you if you no step on am or threaten it. You don't look like food, smell like food or remotely look like something it can fight. The snakes picks your vibration from the floor and will want to get away from you as fast as possible but as a sluggish creature it obviously won't get far.
YeyeGbami:

Understandable , better be safe than sorry
Re: Gaboon Viper In My Farm (Photo) by YeyeGbami: 2:21pm On Sep 23, 2021
airsaylongcome:

Nasir Jones aka Nas, in his track "Mastermind" said

"Make your enemies believe there's love here, cos in war; Belief is all fair"

Lil'kim in "Lighters up" retorted

"Never show your enemies love"

Make of that what you will

HEHE LOL
Re: Gaboon Viper In My Farm (Photo) by Cokahot: 2:21pm On Sep 23, 2021
This Gabon fat o. See flesh. Wonderful.
Re: Gaboon Viper In My Farm (Photo) by MissionaryArchi(m): 2:27pm On Sep 23, 2021
winterlover:
Lala and snakes.
E be like say Na snake God been offer Lala to him parents. He's paying them back by always showcasing his people.

Inshort, Lala is a snake.
Lolss... grin that's hate speech bro. Watch out for snake visit tonight
Re: Gaboon Viper In My Farm (Photo) by Icon79(m): 2:31pm On Sep 23, 2021
Pepper soup don land grin

And by the way, this thread is incomplete without pictures of the pepper soup pot.

O pari
Re: Gaboon Viper In My Farm (Photo) by MissionaryArchi(m): 2:31pm On Sep 23, 2021
laiza:
Bros leave quote abeeg, that snake no go bite you if you no step on am or threaten it. You don't look like food, smell like food or remotely look like something it can fight. The snakes picks your vibration from the floor and will want to get away from you as fast as possible but as a sluggish creature it obviously won't get far.
Shey you will not calm down now abi?
Re: Gaboon Viper In My Farm (Photo) by winterlover: 2:33pm On Sep 23, 2021
MissionaryArchi:

Lolss... grin that's hate speech bro. Watch out for snake visit tonight
Oya Lala abeg no vex. I was just joking Lala
Re: Gaboon Viper In My Farm (Photo) by neighbourhud: 2:34pm On Sep 23, 2021
Numerouno94:

Watching 2much of snakes in the city. grin grin

Aswer

1 Like

Re: Gaboon Viper In My Farm (Photo) by shegz24(m): 2:37pm On Sep 23, 2021
You get time to dey explain.

Kill any snake wey trespass!

kress2m1:

I heard that this snake can be very placid and rarely strikes out at humans, and that it can also be handled with care.

But, the warning was that it should simply be avoided due to the fact that when it bites, it doesn't immediately let go and injects the largest quantity of venom of any snake into its victim. Anti-venom is also said to be in short supply in hospitals.

So, in light of the above reasons and our inability to safely relocate, cutlass had to say hello to its head.

Lala, no vex
Re: Gaboon Viper In My Farm (Photo) by JimiJunji: 2:41pm On Sep 23, 2021
laiza:
It's a very docile creature, it hardly strikes at anything except what it can eat and that's when it's hungry. He could have just taken it further into the forest or something. You shouldn't be afraid of these animals as they would hardly harm you, they have more to fear from humans than we have to fear from them. Another thing humans don't understand is that there are a lot of strange diseases you can contract from eating snake meat. If you were using the venom or hide I can understand, but for meat... people need to be very careful. "Snake diseases that can be passed to humans include salmonellosis, botulism, leptospirosis, and campylobacteriosis".

Those diseases can be killed when cooked well.
Re: Gaboon Viper In My Farm (Photo) by orlaglobal234: 2:44pm On Sep 23, 2021
Wow you're a snake trainer no wonder i can see
Re: Gaboon Viper In My Farm (Photo) by Nobody: 2:46pm On Sep 23, 2021
McOluOmo:
Justice is done.

Guys wey no get girlfriend get peace of mind

Na waoh una get mind dey chop venomous snake
Re: Gaboon Viper In My Farm (Photo) by nonix22(m): 2:47pm On Sep 23, 2021
As Simon Keys nah
YeyeGbami:
Oh but why. You for capture am and take it farther into the forest and release it.

Re: Gaboon Viper In My Farm (Photo) by Nobody: 2:48pm On Sep 23, 2021
I remembered when my neighbor killed a giant snake, boa I think. I was about to travel that day, so I told my wife to keep my share. A week passed and I came back from my trip just to discover that she didn't keep my share of the snake. In her own words " God forbid, snake no go enter my pot". Chai, I almost cried. That was my opportunity to eat snake meat

1 Like

Re: Gaboon Viper In My Farm (Photo) by Aurelius1(m): 2:50pm On Sep 23, 2021
laiza:
Any snake that is stupid enough to stray into the path of a human deserve to die. I don't pity them because if they want to bite , they won't pity you too.
Re: Gaboon Viper In My Farm (Photo) by Kingstanding: 2:50pm On Sep 23, 2021
kress2m1:
Good morning everyone,

Workers clearing the bushes on my farm yesterday stumbled across this specimen and quickly did justice to it.

We've walked this same place wearing just slippers and it's our eternal thanks to God Almighty that this venomous snake didn't bite any one of us.

As I was about to sleep, someone, I don't know who, whispered in my ear that I should bring the matter here. I have done as instructed.
. Even if you matched on it head and the entire body it won't bite unless someone match on it tail and which is mostly not possible because it always put it tail inside the ground where it stay. Hardly you see this snake walking. We call it OKA in Yoruba language from Nigeria. This snake does not huzzle for what it will it, the food that it will eat will come and meet it wherever it stay. Once it bitten someone that is the end of story.
Re: Gaboon Viper In My Farm (Photo) by TOPCRUISE(m): 2:51pm On Sep 23, 2021
kress2m1:
Good morning everyone,

Lala whispered to you cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is Turkey Profitable To Give Me N70k Or More Weekly Find Out Here / My Noiler Birds Poultry Experiment (AMO Noilers) / My Maize Farm In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.