Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,070 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

Gaboon Viper In My Farm (Photo) - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Gaboon Viper In My Farm (Photo) (43724 Views)

Imo Woman With Giant Cassava Tuber She Harvested From Her Farm (Photo) / The Big Gaboon Viper Killed In My Farm Yesterday (Pictures) / See The Antelope My Cousin Killed Today In The Farm (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gaboon Viper In My Farm (Photo) by pyrex23(m): 2:55pm On Sep 23, 2021
Chrizzz:
How did you know it’s poisonous ��
You just end the life of a poor snake tbh

Gaboon viper? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Gaboon Viper In My Farm (Photo) by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 2:58pm On Sep 23, 2021
kress2m1:

I heard that this snake can be very placid and rarely strikes out at humans, and that it can also be handled with care.

But, the warning was that it should simply be avoided due to the fact that when it bites, it doesn't immediately let go and injects the largest quantity of venom of any snake into its victim. Anti-venom is also said to be in short supply in hospitals.

So, in light of the above reasons and our inability to safely relocate, cutlass had to say hello to its head.

Lala, no vex
My mom said when they were growing in the village, if they encounter this kinda snake in the bush they'll use a long stick to pick it up and throw it elsewhere. She said you could step on the snake in error and it won't bite
Re: Gaboon Viper In My Farm (Photo) by harmargedon: 2:59pm On Sep 23, 2021
Chrizzz:

Re: Gaboon Viper In My Farm (Photo) by harmargedon: 3:02pm On Sep 23, 2021
Numerouno94:

Watching 2much of snakes in the city. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Gaboon Viper In My Farm (Photo) by Nobelwinner: 3:02pm On Sep 23, 2021
Its a totem amongst my people
To be bitten by one is a big moral thing amongst my people

kress2m1:

I heard that this snake can be very placid and rarely strikes out at humans, and that it can also be handled with care.

But, the warning was that it should simply be avoided due to the fact that when it bites, it doesn't immediately let go and injects the largest quantity of venom of any snake into its victim. Anti-venom is also said to be in short supply in hospitals.

So, in light of the above reasons and our inability to safely relocate, cutlass had to say hello to its head.

Lala, no vex
Re: Gaboon Viper In My Farm (Photo) by OJEEMAH(m): 3:03pm On Sep 23, 2021
Numerouno94:

U dey mind that guy? Paraventure u wish to catch d snake do u even hv the equipment needed to catch a snake? Like snake tongs, snake bag, snake hook, gloves nd boots, snake traps etcetera. U guys did wat was right.
las las I don see person wey fear and hate snake pass me grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gaboon Viper In My Farm (Photo) by Numerouno94(m): 3:14pm On Sep 23, 2021
OJEEMAH:
las las I don see person wey fear and hate snake pass me grin

grin grin
My bro. I hate that tin call snake, infact i dislike any creature wey dey slither nd wey dey flick tongue. Infact i hate reptiles grin grin

I dey wonder why God create those kind tins. sad sad
Re: Gaboon Viper In My Farm (Photo) by Carparts888(m): 3:16pm On Sep 23, 2021
Its a Gabon Viper and its very venomous,
they are slow to run but have super striking speed. This snake has ended so many farmers lives in africa who underated it by seeking local treatment.
Its bite is fatal without anti venom.
Chrizzz:
Re: Gaboon Viper In My Farm (Photo) by Carparts888(m): 3:22pm On Sep 23, 2021
Its very venomous too and i would use d word slow not docile because it dangerous to handle .it will also not hesitate to strike to defend its self if threatened and since its slow and worst of this snake is that is has a lightening strike so its best it was killed bro.
laiza:
It's a very docile creature, it hardly strikes at anything except what it can eat and that's when it's hungry. He could have just taken it further into the forest or something. You shouldn't be afraid of these animals as they would hardly harm you, they have more to fear from humans than we have to fear from them. Another thing humans don't understand is that there are a lot of strange diseases you can contract from eating snake meat. If you were using the venom or hide I can understand, but for meat... people need to be very careful. "Snake diseases that can be passed to humans include salmonellosis, botulism, leptospirosis, and campylobacteriosis".
Re: Gaboon Viper In My Farm (Photo) by Champneys: 3:32pm On Sep 23, 2021
A fuc...king bastar...d snake, i am so glad you guys killed it and reduced their useless population by one.

Inshaa Allah, we will wipe out snakes from the face of the earth.

Lalastical abi what is the name of that snake loving moderator, Onikuuuure!

Lala, onikuuuure! angry

1 Like

Re: Gaboon Viper In My Farm (Photo) by eniade07: 3:45pm On Sep 23, 2021
Trumann:
See as e thick like forklift tyre

That means you're a forklift driver.
Re: Gaboon Viper In My Farm (Photo) by free2ryhme: 3:45pm On Sep 23, 2021
Chrizzz:

Google gaboon viper, the answer you seek awaits
Re: Gaboon Viper In My Farm (Photo) by laiza(m): 3:48pm On Sep 23, 2021
Are you sure you're not the one straying into their environment? Wild animals have a natural instinct to move away from human settlements.
Aurelius1:
Any snake that is stupid enough to stray into the path of a human deserve to die. I don't pity them because if they want to bite , they won't pity you too.
Re: Gaboon Viper In My Farm (Photo) by OJEEMAH(m): 3:48pm On Sep 23, 2021
Numerouno94:

grin grin
My bro. I hate that tin call snake, infact i dislike any creature wey dey slither nd wey dey flick tongue. Infact i hate reptiles grin grin

I dey wonder why God create those kind tins. sad sad
grin grin......At the bolded, I was going to say that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gaboon Viper In My Farm (Photo) by wisdomkid: 4:00pm On Sep 23, 2021
YeyeGbami:
Oh but why. You for capture am and take it farther into the forest and release it.

Anything wey oyibo pipo dey do, we go wan follow am. Any f**king ambulance service just in case it strikes next? Apart from those communities worshipping snakes, when has Africans start preserving wild life? Even Human lives aren't preserved but na, na to claim wise person online dey worry pipo.

The same person that will see snake and carry five bag of cement, two cutlass, and bamboo stick is giving advice.

Wait self, how many snakes have you captured and thrown into the wild life? The services capturing snakes and taking them back to wild life, are they in Nigeria? Lol @ my African brothers.
Re: Gaboon Viper In My Farm (Photo) by YeyeGbami: 4:18pm On Sep 23, 2021
wisdomkid:

Anything wey oyibo pipo dey do, we go wan follow am. Any f**king ambulance service just in case it strikes next? Apart from those communities worshipping snakes, when has Africans start preserving wild life? Even Human lives aren't preserved but na, na to claim wise person online dey worry pipo.

The same person that will see snake and carry five bag of cement, two cutlass, and bamboo stick is giving advice.

Wait self, how many snakes have you captured and thrown into the wild life? The services capturing snakes and taking them back to wild life, are they in Nigeria? Lol @ my African brothers.

Na one day person dey start. Fear fear wan kill you. Me dey capture wild snakes all the time

1 Like

Re: Gaboon Viper In My Farm (Photo) by Bngf: 4:28pm On Sep 23, 2021
Oh
Re: Gaboon Viper In My Farm (Photo) by Aurelius1(m): 4:47pm On Sep 23, 2021
laiza:
Are you sure you're not the one straying into their environment? Wild animals have a natural instinct to move away from human settlements.
Just two weeks ago a relative of mine saw a snake inside his bedroom. Apparently, the snake has been living in the house for quite a long time without his knowing.Now what will you call this?
Re: Gaboon Viper In My Farm (Photo) by Makaveli217(m): 4:56pm On Sep 23, 2021
airsaylongcome:

Nasir Jones aka Nas, in his track "Mastermind" said

"Make your enemies believe there's love here, cos in war; Belief is all fair"

Lil'kim in "Lighters up" retorted

"Never show your enemies love"

Make of that what you will

You must be a real G to love old school hip-hop.
Much respect.
Re: Gaboon Viper In My Farm (Photo) by laiza(m): 5:02pm On Sep 23, 2021
One word bro...deforestation! The snake is living in his house because a mouse brought it there and the environment is too cold for the reptile to adjust its body temperature so it can move on. And obviously there is hole somewhere that leads into the house.
Aurelius1:
Just two weeks ago a relative of mine saw a snake inside his bedroom. Apparently, the snake has been living in the house for quite a long time without his knowing.Now what will you call this?
Re: Gaboon Viper In My Farm (Photo) by Drizzy5001(m): 5:09pm On Sep 23, 2021
It has a very beautiful skin, the skin be like Army khaki, if only the heart of the snake, go nice like it's skin grin
Re: Gaboon Viper In My Farm (Photo) by Goalnaldo(m): 5:27pm On Sep 23, 2021
sylve11:
Odd looking creatures. Snakes are much in my current environment. From Cobra to Python to Boa to Mambas to Vipers etc.. >:

. sad cool
omo!! Are you living in Amazon forest
Re: Gaboon Viper In My Farm (Photo) by phazotron(m): 5:30pm On Sep 23, 2021
Numerouno94:

Watching 2much of snakes in the city. grin grin

U dey watch am too?

I love the show! That guy and him babe na MVP

1 Like

Re: Gaboon Viper In My Farm (Photo) by madridsta007(m): 5:59pm On Sep 23, 2021
kress2m1:
Good morning everyone,

Workers clearing the bushes on my farm yesterday stumbled across this specimen and quickly did justice to it.

We've walked this same place wearing just slippers and it's our eternal thanks to God Almighty that this venomous snake didn't bite any one of us.

As I was about to sleep, someone, I don't know who, whispered in my ear that I should bring the matter here. I have done as instructed.

Praise God for you.
One bite and you are a dead man.
No jokes.
Re: Gaboon Viper In My Farm (Photo) by Nkpondike333: 7:17pm On Sep 23, 2021
The matter dey on top lala table, i sure say lala go don do justice on top it.
Re: Gaboon Viper In My Farm (Photo) by Fantazy(m): 8:04pm On Sep 23, 2021
[quote author=kress2m1
As I was about to sleep, someone, I don't know who, whispered in my ear that I should bring the matter here. I have done as instructed.[/quote]

The devil whispered to you and listened?
You should have rejected it, cos nobody cares about this
Re: Gaboon Viper In My Farm (Photo) by Olaniyi247(m): 8:12pm On Sep 23, 2021
YeyeGbami:
Oh but why. You for capture am and take it farther into the forest and release it.

you think say na nat geo wild be dis nii?
Re: Gaboon Viper In My Farm (Photo) by koolaid87: 8:27pm On Sep 23, 2021
The Mom suppose cool off for a while inside prison for negligence.

So sad

sylve11:
Odd looking creatures. Snakes are much in my current environment. From Cobra to Python to Boa to Mambas to Vipers etc.. >:

A viper once bit a little boy here, within 10 minutes the little boy started shivering. Though, the viper was killed but the little boy's mother was so careless because, after some time the boy stood up and was walking as if nothing happened. We advised and warned the mother to take the boy to the hospital but she did not listen; went ahead with her business and before the next morning, the little boy died.

I dont like that creature, its not as if I hate it either but they should stay far away from me. sad cool
Re: Gaboon Viper In My Farm (Photo) by Numerouno94(m): 8:37pm On Sep 23, 2021
OJEEMAH:
grin grin......At the bolded, I was going to say that.

If i hv d means all the reptiles in the world will go into massive extinction.
grin grin

Hope ABJ is gud? Will b bursting there in commando style next month. grin
Re: Gaboon Viper In My Farm (Photo) by Numerouno94(m): 8:46pm On Sep 23, 2021
phazotron:

U dey watch am too?

I love the show! That guy and him babe na MVP

Me too. I dnt miss that show oo. Simon Keys and Siouxsie Gillett. There was an episode Simon was almost crying that a snake was killed b4 they got there, i was lyk WTF grin grin.

I also luv the chemistry nd understanding between Simon nd Siouxsie. The girl like am die. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is Turkey Profitable To Give Me N70k Or More Weekly Find Out Here / My Noiler Birds Poultry Experiment (AMO Noilers) / My Maize Farm In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.