Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,752 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

Born Out Of Wedlock! You Can Be Successful As Any Person - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Born Out Of Wedlock! You Can Be Successful As Any Person (2114 Views)

Lady Cursed For Being Pregnant Out Of Wedlock Becomes Family's Breadwinner / My Fiance Has A Child Out Of Wedlock. But Kept It A Secret From Me. / How Do You Gain Complete Custody Of A Child Born Out Of Wedlock? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Born Out Of Wedlock! You Can Be Successful As Any Person by olawalepopoola: 4:01pm On Sep 23, 2021
As a child born out of wedlock, I grew up with a family that was not mine but took care of my very well. At 19 years my maternal Sister opened up to me that the man I called my father wasn't my father. I confronted him and he confessed to this. He explained that my mother who birthed my two elder siblings in his house, was impregnated by her ex-lover but couldn't allow her to take me along when she packed out. The man really took of me, he paid my bills through primary and secondary school. His extended family never for once used it against me. I go to his hometown every holidays and I can say I know his family more than his own biological children. We share the same bed even though he was remarried. At 20 years my Mother broke the news I had heard a year earlier to me. All I did was smile and accepted her apologies. Many believed it was a case I was supposed to fight till the last. I looked at them and told them I wasn't the one that drafted my destiny. The who allowed it will give me the grace to go through. This was when I got admission into the University. Both the man and woman began to make claims.
At this time, I encouraged myself in the Lord and I told myself I will become successful in life no matter the conditions surrounding my birth. I decided to do all I could to graduate with best grade in my undergraduate studies. At the end of the first semester of my first year in the University, my mother took me to my original father and I began to link up with his extended family although till date I never had any personal relationships with his children. His family already knew about my existence since my birth. I forgave every parties in the show and I moved with life.
One of my paternal uncle told me I will be so lucky to get a plastic chair, if my father eventually dies. This statement made me more absolute for success. My father is a very successful man in his own right and my mother too. There and then I decided never to depend on my parents properties. There was no time I visited him that he responded to me in a very good manner. He sees me as a shit. Hatred began to set in but God gave me the grace to stop it.
I graduated with a Second Class Upper Division in Applied Geology and among the top in my class. I served in one of the Northern States and became the best serving corp member of my batch. However, this journey didn't go well smoothly. There spiritual wars God won for me. The legit wife of my father had made a confession that I will never succeed as long as she is alive. I told God not to kill her because she must see part of my success before she dies.
After service year, I had to come to the South, I searched for job for six months. During my undergraduate days, God had revealed to me my career path. On a fateful day a destiny helper located and I got a job in a private University in Southwest Nigeria as a Technologist. As a Technologist I published 8 research papers. I enrolled for my M.Sc. in Applied Geology in a nearby University and bagged it some years later. I was converted to an Assistant Lecturer. I told myself I will not rest on my oars, I applied for a PhD in Geology in a public University in Southwest Nigeria where I spent 4.5 years for the program after being delayed by COVID-19 pandemic. A feat that had not been previously recorded by the Department. As at the day of my oral defense, 8 papers published in SCI journals had been published (those in the academics will understand this very well). I have as of today 25 published papers with 10 conference proceedings with google citations of 151and HI index of 8. Within this period I got my married to my loving wife and are blessed with children.
I called my biological father to inform that I defended my PhD. He replied via SMS that he was proud to be my FATHER!. Infact success is important.
NEVER USE THE CONDITION OF YOUR BIRTH TO DETERMINE YOUR SUCCESS. GOD DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE. EVEN IF YOU ARE "A BASTARD, BORN OUT OF WEDLOCK, HE WANTS YOUR SUCCESS"

I APPRECIATE GOD FOR ALL I HAVE ACHIEVED SO FAR AND WHERE HE IS TAKING ME TOO. HE DESERVES ALL THE ACCOLADES IN MY LIFE.
#TRUELIFESTORY

4 Likes

Re: Born Out Of Wedlock! You Can Be Successful As Any Person by Sonnobax15(m): 5:05pm On Sep 23, 2021
lipsrsealed
Mennnnnnnn,it is well.....

Op, thanks for this.....You had just altered my perspective towards certain things about life........

Like I do say to myself and anyone whom I've come in contact with,"that nothing of worth comes so easily". Most times we just have to keep on striving hard until we'll get to our final destination in life..
Re: Born Out Of Wedlock! You Can Be Successful As Any Person by MufasaLion: 6:21pm On Sep 23, 2021
Congrats!
Re: Born Out Of Wedlock! You Can Be Successful As Any Person by JovialJune(f): 12:14am On Sep 24, 2021
God blesses the faithful, I'm inspired.

1 Like

Re: Born Out Of Wedlock! You Can Be Successful As Any Person by Mariangeles(f): 12:30am On Sep 24, 2021
Moral of this story is there is no excuse for failure.

Op, you earned your respect.
Re: Born Out Of Wedlock! You Can Be Successful As Any Person by signature2012(m): 1:29am On Sep 24, 2021
This is a very touching true life story.
May God keep enlarging your coast.
Re: Born Out Of Wedlock! You Can Be Successful As Any Person by Richy4(m): 6:23am On Sep 24, 2021

Congratulations... But I almost stopped reading when U said the legitimate wife of your biological father said u won't succeed... That's just an African mentality that I dislike with passion no matter ones level of education... My opinion though... But congratulations buddy..

Re: Born Out Of Wedlock! You Can Be Successful As Any Person by YabaLeftist: 6:36am On Sep 24, 2021
Such an inspirational story.

I don't know about your culture though, but in my culture if a married woman gets impregnated by someone else other than her husband, the resulting child belongs to the legitimate husband cos he paid the bride price. The man who impregnated the woman can never lay claim to the child.
Re: Born Out Of Wedlock! You Can Be Successful As Any Person by xperiencelove(m): 7:40am On Sep 24, 2021
Born out of wedlock has nothing to do in person's life. Children are gifts from God either conceived in wedlock or not.
Re: Born Out Of Wedlock! You Can Be Successful As Any Person by Dtruthspeaker: 8:11am On Sep 25, 2021
The point is, you have your own one head, 2 hands and 2 legs, USE THEM, STAND ON THEM AND WALK ON THEM.

You may or may not be given an inheritance but what is your own, is your own already!

(1) (Reply)

New In Stock. Jewelries(For Male & Female,& Couple) Shop Now! / My Brother Is Sickly In Love / Surprise Public Marriage Proposals. . . .Your Take?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.