Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,030 members, 7,810,835 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:37 PM

Help!! - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Help!! (8147 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!! by Austineperez(m): 9:28pm On Sep 23, 2021
Please and please I need help. I am about to buy a Rottweiler. The seller said one of the parents is important I don’t know much about that. I am about to buy this Rottweiler puppy for 100k please is it too expensive or worth it? Please I need answers please help.the puppy is one month and looks way bigger than other puppies.

Re: Help!! by Austineperez(m): 9:30pm On Sep 23, 2021
Pictures of the parents

Re: Help!! by harmargedon: 1:35am On Sep 24, 2021
Austineperez:
Pictures of the parents
did you see the parents with your eyes or just pics?. If the seller is close to you, I'd advise you to go there and see the parents yourself and verify if the pup belongs to them. If he isn't close to you, I'd advise you to buy from someone whom you can verify all that is necessary before purchasing.

1 Like

Re: Help!! by alphabbey1(m): 9:19am On Sep 24, 2021
harmargedon:
did you see the parents with your eyes or just pics?. If the seller is close to you, I'd advise you to go there and see the parents yourself and verify if the pup belongs to them. If he isn't close to you, I'd advise you to buy from someone whom you can verify all that is necessary before purchasing.
there's something I need to understand, as far as you see a puppy, confirmed it's breed, why is it important to know it's parent ?
Re: Help!! by harmargedon: 10:33am On Sep 24, 2021
alphabbey1:
there's something I need to understand, as far as you see a puppy, confirmed it's breed, why is it important to know it's parent ?
because most sellers would show you pictures of different parents. So it's advisable you see them yourself to verify its truly their puppy.
Not all mixed breed puppies are detected at birth, some manifest as they grow. They appear as the purebred at first then on getting to three to four months, the difference comes up. You'd notice this difference majorly is areas like height, ears, tails, colour, and attitude.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!! by harmargedon: 10:47am On Sep 24, 2021
Most times this mix don't show at all, then you can verify with attitude. When I say attitude, let me give an example. You buy a boerboel dog or a Rottweiler and notice that they back constantly at everything that passes them. If you're used to purebred of these dogs you'd know that both are lazy at barking, compared to a German Shepherd dog. So when you start seeing a different attribute from what's expected, then you'd know there's a mix somewhere. Maybe not from the current parents but it's in their DNA.

1 Like

Re: Help!! by Austineperez(m): 12:41pm On Sep 24, 2021
harmargedon:

I did not see the father only the mother.and yes the seller lives close.please is the dog exoensive for 100k
Re: Help!! by harmargedon: 1:53pm On Sep 24, 2021
Austineperez:

I did not see the father only the mother.and yes the seller lives close.please is the dog exoensive for 100k
price and see if he'll drop the price. Because you'll still have to vaccinate it three times, starting from six weeks of age. So try to price down. Judging from the pics the male is of good quality, so if he insists and you've got the cash you can pay.
Re: Help!! by Austineperez(m): 3:18pm On Sep 24, 2021
Thank you alot I have tried all I can but the seller is insisting on 100k.i just hope I don't buy a dog and it turns out to be something else..he said he have vaccinated the dog once which cost 4500
Re: Help!! by harmargedon: 4:48pm On Sep 24, 2021
Austineperez:
Thank you alot I have tried all I can but the seller is insisting on 100k.i just hope I don't buy a dog and it turns out to be something else..he said he have vaccinated the dog once which cost 4500
there's a card to prove if he's actually vaccinated the dog. Ask him when, the vaccines are collected within an interval of two weeks. One more thing you could do to verify the parents. If he can show you the mating pics on his phone. Click the picture to verify the date on it. If it's dates three months plus back, and no other pictures of the mothers'picture with another male then it's ok.
A dog is pregnant for 57 to 68 days, then you add a month to it. So the picture should read late June maximum to early July minimum. Anything after that is fake.
Re: Help!! by Austineperez(m): 7:10pm On Sep 24, 2021
Okay sir thanks a lot I really appreciate I will go for the dog and if I confirm everything and get it I will send a picture. Thanks alot

2 Likes

Re: Help!! by harmargedon: 9:17am On Sep 25, 2021
Austineperez:
Okay sir thanks a lot I really appreciate I will go for the dog and if I confirm everything and get it I will send a picture. Thanks alot
ok bro, I will be waiting for your feedback.
Re: Help!! by Austineperez(m): 3:29pm On Sep 27, 2021
I have the dog now. The seller refused reducing the price so i bought for 100k. He’s still in the parlour I will arrange for where he will stay now. He’s licking everything he sees and panting. Even licking tiles. I hope it’s not a problem.

Re: Help!! by Austineperez(m): 3:33pm On Sep 27, 2021
The seller said I should buy Dawa
Wheat
Joro
Okpa
Corn
Aja crayfish or dry fish bone..and grind everything together
Re: Help!! by ebonyoyas(m): 7:09pm On Sep 27, 2021
shocked shocked shocked undecided undecided
Austineperez:
Wheat
Joro
Okpa
Corn
Re: Help!! by harmargedon: 11:59pm On Sep 27, 2021
Austineperez:
Wheat
Joro
Okpa
Corn
he's cute. Not necessary. The reason is this. Dogs are carnivores, meaning they eat majorly meat. All the above listed are good, but I'd advice you to avoid plant protein when feeding your dog, because they have problem digesting it which will later end up in diarrhea. Try feeding more of cooked white rice, no salt please, mixed with fish, or chicken, or beef. Some people mix the white rice with canned food. You can use a can twice or three times just to cut down price. But if you've got cash enough, you can feed dry food. You'll get these stuff in pet shops. They sell based on dogs age.

1 Like

Re: Help!! by harmargedon: 12:01am On Sep 28, 2021
Austineperez:
Wheat
Joro
Okpa
Corn
so here's a simple feeding pattern. For now, your food should contain 80% protein, because he's still a puppy. You will see tonic boosters in vet shops, zito oil boosters and multivitamins. These are good supplements for proper growth. It's optional though. Just try to avoid the okpa, corn and the plant protein for now because they have to be fed with certain measurements. You wouldn't want to gamble with your dog's health for now.
Re: Help!! by harmargedon: 12:05am On Sep 28, 2021
Austineperez:
I have the dog now. The seller refused reducing the price so i bought for 100k. He’s still in the parlour I will arrange for where he will stay now. He’s licking everything he sees and panting. Even licking tiles. I hope it’s not a problem.
not really, but I wouldn't advice it due to health reasons. If it's panting like having his tongue out, then it's normal, he does that so as to cool (internal heat) himself down. He's still going to do more, like Chew all your shoes and destroy everything in the house. So he'll need guidance. Don't leave him alone in the house without supervision. When going out, find a safe spot to keep him. It's at this age you'll have to train him, like potty training, all the basic commands. One more thing, if you live in a house owned by you or your family, then it's safe to build a cage for him, but if you live in a rented apartment with different people there, I'd advice you not too. Not everyone sees things the way you do, many have evil intentions when it comes to dog. But for now you need to have him really close to you, so you can monitor him as he grows. He's still little to be left alone. Remember he needs regular and healthy feeding for now, till he gets to six months of age. So I'd advice you adopt a three to four times a day feeding pattern, then from six months you switch to two.
Re: Help!! by harmargedon: 12:34am On Sep 28, 2021
Austineperez:
if you wish to use rice, then you'll do it this way. Cooked white rice, don't cook the rice with salt. Mix the rice with oil, either coconut oil, which I prefer, or palm oil or Olive oil. Then you mix with chicken, or fish, or beef. From 4 - 6 months you should be expecting his teeth to fall off and grow a new one, so don't panic when you see it, its natural. Don't miss the dates for the vaccines please, and when you're done vaccinating your dog, please reduce the hands that touch him, if you go out anyway, before you touch him, wash your hands. This is due to parvovirus. It's gotten through contact, and most people don't notice the symptoms till it gets worse.
Re: Help!! by Austineperez(m): 3:39am On Sep 28, 2021
Okay thanks for the advice she have been vaccinated once. And to be honest yesterday when she was brought home my brothers and sisters touched her. She wants to play all the time she wants to bike everything she sees even my hands. I hope this is not a problem to be worried about
Re: Help!! by Austineperez(m): 3:40am On Sep 28, 2021
She likes rough play. And cries a lot when she’s alone. What basic training do I need to start with ?
Re: Help!! by harmargedon: 11:06am On Sep 28, 2021
Austineperez:
She likes rough play. And cries a lot when she’s alone. What basic training do I need to start with ?
both the play and cries are normal. You can start with potty training that is teaching her where to defecate. You can also train her on sit command, release command, stand command. Don't expect immediate results, because these breeds are very stubborn, they always love being the boss. But to get their attention, reward every successful command with a treat that is if you tell her to sit, and she does, give her something to eat it could be crakars biscuit, or fish or meat. So that she'll find it fun doing till she gets used to it.
Re: Help!! by Austineperez(m): 5:26pm On Sep 28, 2021
Okay bro thanks a lot. I will try doing that from tomorrow.she’s doing well but loves playing a lot.

Re: Help!! by 947ganiru: 6:08pm On Sep 28, 2021
okay
Re: Help!! by harmargedon: 7:59pm On Sep 28, 2021
Austineperez:
Okay bro thanks a lot. I will try doing that from tomorrow.she’s doing well but loves playing a lot.
they never stop playing, but it will reduce once she's grown.
Re: Help!! by Austineperez(m): 9:04pm On Sep 28, 2021
I hope so.she cries alot once I lock her in the room.she doesn't like staying alone.please I need advice on the potty training because she sleeps in one room.and before I even come to her room she have messed up the place.
Re: Help!! by harmargedon: 6:52am On Sep 29, 2021
Austineperez:
I hope so.she cries alot once I lock her in the room.she doesn't like staying alone.please I need advice on the potty training because she sleeps in one room.and before I even come to her room she have messed up the place.
her crying is because she's not used to it yet, but after some time she will get used to it. For the potty training, you have to first observe the time she defecates, when that time comes, take her to the spot you want her to do it. When you've done it consistently, she will get used to that spot.
Re: Help!! by Austineperez(m): 8:56am On Sep 29, 2021
Okay bro I will try doing that. Thank you. Is it okay giving her milk every morning?
Re: Help!! by harmargedon: 9:32am On Sep 29, 2021
Austineperez:
Okay bro I will try doing that. Thank you. Is it okay giving her milk every morning?
yes it is, you can also add raw egg to it. But I'll advice you that as soon as she clocks four months, please stop feeding her milk. The reason is most dogs are lactose intolerant, and once they take in milk, they fall seriously ill.
Re: Help!! by Austineperez(m): 9:48am On Sep 29, 2021
Okay thanks I will try to be feeding her with milk only every morning. Do I mix the milk and egg? Or just give her the egg after drinking the milk?
Re: Help!! by Austineperez(m): 9:49am On Sep 29, 2021
Sometimes I give her cowbell milk I put it inside water and turn it and sometimes I use the liquid milk and mix with water too
Re: Help!! by harmargedon: 9:50am On Sep 29, 2021
Austineperez:
Okay thanks I will try to be feeding her with milk only every morning. Do I mix the milk and egg? Or just give her the egg after drinking the milk?
mix the milk and the egg together.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Female Caucasian Shepherds / GSD ROT Mix Give Away - ADOPTED / German Rottweiller Box Head For Sale High Pedigree

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.