Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,955 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:42 AM

Help!! - Pets (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Help!! (8156 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!! by harmargedon: 11:53pm On Oct 12, 2021
Austineperez:
This is the vaccine the seller gave me
Did he tell you about keeping it in the fridge? These vaccines are kept in places where temperature is between 2 - 5 degrees.

1 Like

Re: Help!! by Austineperez(m): 11:51am On Oct 13, 2021
This one have been used already and I don’t know a vet at awka
Re: Help!! by harmargedon: 12:02pm On Oct 13, 2021
Austineperez:
This one have been used already and I don’t know a vet at awka
ok. You can use Google maps or ask around.

Re: Help!! by Austineperez(m): 1:26pm On Oct 13, 2021
Thanks I have done that. I am in Contact with one of them. I hope after the vaccine the dog can be allowed to at least walk around in the compound. Since she got here she have been indoors. Either in the parlour or room. I am scared of letting her walk around the compound because we have a local dog that’s not vaccinated. And it bothers me a lot she’s scared of coming outside the compound too
Re: Help!! by harmargedon: 1:58pm On Oct 13, 2021
Austineperez:
Thanks I have done that. I am in Contact with one of them. I hope after the vaccine the dog can be allowed to at least walk around in the compound. Since she got here she have been indoors. Either in the parlour or room. I am scared of letting her walk around the compound because we have a local dog that’s not vaccinated. And it bothers me a lot she’s scared of coming outside the compound too
ok, but you have to be watchful of other dogs, because she's still small to move around for now.
Re: Help!! by hussain71d: 2:08pm On Oct 13, 2021
okay
Re: Help!! by Austineperez(m): 2:14pm On Oct 13, 2021
harmargedon:
ok, but you have to be watchful of other dogs, because she's still small to move around for now.

Is it okay to let her play with other dogs? In the compound
Re: Help!! by harmargedon: 2:34pm On Oct 13, 2021
Austineperez:

Is it okay to let her play with other dogs? In the compound
for now no, wait till she reaches three months. Since those dogs are older than her, just to avoid injury and diseases.
Re: Help!! by Austineperez(m): 7:19pm On Oct 13, 2021
harmargedon:
for now no, wait till she reaches three months. Since those dogs are older than her, just to avoid injury and diseases.

After three months she will be scared of going outside like so scared
Re: Help!! by harmargedon: 8:23pm On Oct 13, 2021
Austineperez:

After three months she will be scared of going outside like so scared
no she wouldn't, she would be happy to go out. Dogs enjoy exploring, so don't be worried. And when you want to introduce her to other dogs, please ensure that she's safe, because not all dogs are properly trained to accommodate other dogs.
Re: Help!! by Austineperez(m): 9:20pm On Oct 13, 2021
Thanks I will be expecting that and I want her to be in a cage as soon as possible I don't want her to be friendly at all
Re: Help!! by harmargedon: 9:42pm On Oct 13, 2021
Austineperez:
Thanks I will be expecting that and I want her to be in a cage as soon as possible I don't want her to be friendly at all
Caging or not caging has nothing to do with her temperament. I know you see online where they advice people to cage their dogs if they want them to be agressive, but I want you to disregard that information, it's false.
Rottweilers are very agressive dogs, which are not advisable for first time owners to have. There's a difference between agressive dogs and territorial dogs. Dogs that are agressive are dogs that are scared and every large breed dogs instinct to something they're scared of is to attack it. A dog that is agressive means it was poorly trained and will be a problem for people around you and even to you the owner. When she grows, and you want to caution her, she might end up attacking you the owner, she will attack your friends and family, even children too and at that point you wouldn't find the dog fun being with.
A dog becomes territorial with age, it's in them, they don't teach them. A territorial dog means a security concious dog, it can tell the difference between family, friends and strangers. She would know when to attack and when to stand down, it means that she was well trained. Because she will listen to command and be obedient.
Rottweilers are known for their imbalanced temperament, that's why I'd advice you socialize her now that she's growing, let her mix with kids, play with them, also let her mix with other dogs and pets, let her understand you, your body language, make her your pet, let her get used to people you're closer too, and make her understand the difference between strangers and family, that's why taking dogs for walks is necessary, it makes them see lots of things and makes them bold.

If you think playing around makes dog friendly, ask yourself all those local dogs that live in houses with fences, are they friendly. You and I know you cannot enter that house at night without being harrased or even bitten.
Re: Help!! by harmargedon: 9:51pm On Oct 13, 2021
Austineperez:
when my boerboel was growing up, people said she would be too friendly, because she played too much, but when she got to four months, the territorial instinct kicked in, believe me, no one had the mind to come in my house without getting her initial growling sounds. She's friendly, and also perfect at security job. If I take her for walks, if I want to buy something around, when I'm facing the seller, she's backing me, and watching out for strangers. She doesn't attack children ileven if they're strangers, but she doesn't give similar treatment to adults. And that is because she can tell the difference between children and adults. I leave her to play with children and she has never bitten any of them. That's why I want you to understand the difference between a socially balanced dog and an agressive dog. Because you'll be scared of taking an agressive dog for walks, passersby are not safe too.
Re: Help!! by harmargedon: 11:39pm On Oct 13, 2021
Austineperez:
keeping pets in cages is only to restrict movement and nothing more.
Re: Help!! by Austineperez(m): 2:41am On Oct 14, 2021
Okay so you advice I just let her play for now?
Re: Help!! by harmargedon: 6:39am On Oct 14, 2021
Austineperez:
Okay so you advice I just let her play for now?
yes.
Re: Help!! by Austineperez(m): 10:19am On Oct 14, 2021
Okay I will do that
Re: Help!! by Austineperez(m): 2:36pm On Oct 19, 2021
The dog plays alot. All she does is running Around. Very friendly with my friends
Re: Help!! by omoborode70a: 2:08pm On Oct 20, 2021
okay
Re: Help!! by harmargedon: 3:22pm On Oct 20, 2021
Austineperez:
The dog plays alot. All she does is running Around. Very friendly with my friends
it's good, there's nothing wrong with it. Remember, it's only the friends you trust you should let her play with. The reason is to ensure that when she's fully grown, she wouldn't give people whom you dont trust access to you. She sees your friends as her friends, unless they prove otherwise.
Re: Help!! by harmargedon: 3:23pm On Oct 20, 2021
Austineperez:
she's burning off excess energy, as she grows up, she'll stop.
Re: Help!! by Austineperez(m): 11:31am On Oct 21, 2021
harmargedon:
it's good, there's nothing wrong with it. Remember, it's only the friends you trust you should let her play with. The reason is to ensure that when she's fully grown, she wouldn't give people whom you dont trust access to you. She sees your friends as her friends, unless they prove otherwise.

Okay I will remember that.. I am just scared she will turn out to be so friendly and scared.i want a confident and a guard dog
Re: Help!! by Austineperez(m): 11:32am On Oct 21, 2021
harmargedon:
she's burning off excess energy, as she grows up, she'll stop.

Okay thank. You. Also sometimes when I call her she won't answer unless I wave my hand. I don't know why.does it mean she don't know me yet?
Re: Help!! by harmargedon: 12:54pm On Oct 21, 2021
Austineperez:

Okay thank. You. Also sometimes when I call her she won't answer unless I wave my hand. I don't know why.does it mean she don't know me yet?
she's not used to the name yet, call her often, so she'll get used to it. It could also be that she's distracted by something, that's why she's not answering too.
Re: Help!! by Austineperez(m): 11:32am On Oct 24, 2021
This is what she looks like now. She’s 2 months and 1 week. She will take the vaccine again today.

Re: Help!! by harmargedon: 12:16pm On Oct 24, 2021
Austineperez:
This is what she looks like now. She’s 2 months and 1 week. She will take the vaccine again today.
what do you feed her?
Re: Help!! by Austineperez(m): 1:48am On Oct 25, 2021
I feed her with local food.i don't know what a 2 months old puppy should look like please do you advice I continue with the food or change it please.
Re: Help!! by harmargedon: 6:12am On Oct 25, 2021
Austineperez:
I feed her with local food.i don't know what a 2 months old puppy should look like please do you advice I continue with the food or change it please.
which local food? Like what and what?
Re: Help!! by Austineperez(m): 6:19am On Oct 25, 2021
It’s a mixture of Joro, Dawa, wheat, okpa, corn I have to grind this together. Please how is the dogs growth
Re: Help!! by harmargedon: 6:32am On Oct 25, 2021
Austineperez:
It’s a mixture of Joro, Dawa, wheat, okpa, corn I have to grind this together. Please how is the dogs growth
please stop feeding her all that. I told you earlier that dogs are carnivores animals, meaning they can only digest animal protein easily, they find plant protein difficult to digest. She's looking skinny, Puppies need more protein than the adults. The best and cheapest way to feed her for now is this:
Cook white rice, don't add salt. When the rice is well cooked, bring out the one you want to use at that moment, put it in a bowl, put either fish or meat(chicken or beef) in it, if you can find those smoked fish then it's good, avoid Bones, then also mix egg for extra protein. then you put Vegetables, either spinach (green) or ugu, slice it before putting it, then you can either use zito oil boosters which you'll get from a vet store, or coconut oil or palm oil. But I'd advice you use zito oil boosters till she's six months.
Fibers are not good for dogs, plant protein contains lots of fibers.
Rice: carbohydrates
Meat/fish: protein
Egg: protein/vitamins
Vegetables: vitamins/mineral
Zito Oil boosters: help her grow better fur. For the chicken meat, you can find where they sell the necks or yansh part, it's cheaper.

Judging from the pics of the parents her growth is poor, she's looking skinny.

1 Like

Re: Help!! by Austineperez(m): 7:07am On Oct 25, 2021
Should I feed her more than 3 times a day? Because she eats three times a day I don’t know what the problem is. Maybe I should just go for can foods?
Re: Help!! by harmargedon: 10:10am On Oct 25, 2021
Austineperez:
Should I feed her more than 3 times a day? Because she eats three times a day I don’t know what the problem is. Maybe I should just go for can foods?
three times a day is good. Can food is good too, but also remember that they are designed for different ages. Many vet doctors don't advise you feed them regularly because of preservatives, but they also have dry food. You can try out booster dry food for puppies.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Female Caucasian Shepherds / GSD ROT Mix Give Away - ADOPTED / German Rottweiller Box Head For Sale High Pedigree

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.