Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,420 members, 7,815,951 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:57 PM

Where Did This Mathematics Go Wrong? - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Where Did This Mathematics Go Wrong? (43395 Views)

A School Teacher Did This To Your Son,as A Parent What Is Your Next Move ? / 25% Requirement: Solve This Mathematics Word Problem / I Ran Into My Classmate After 10 Years And She Did This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Did This Mathematics Go Wrong? by BluntCrazeMan: 11:26am On Sep 24, 2021
Holuwaxheun:

The calculation should still be zero.
You're asked to spot the place where he did the wrong calculations..
In the picture, the (10-10) at the numerator can cancel out the (10-10) in the denominator.
It is mathematically correct.
So, you have not proven the picture wrong yet.
Re: Where Did This Mathematics Go Wrong? by BluntCrazeMan: 11:27am On Sep 24, 2021
alurayaks:

10^2 -10^2 is not equal to (10-10)^2
(10-10)² cannot be seen anywhere inside the picture.
Re: Where Did This Mathematics Go Wrong? by BluntCrazeMan: 11:29am On Sep 24, 2021
LOVEGINO:
that's exactly what APC is doing to Nigerians.
My Brother...
If you follow their court cases, you will cry till you die.
They will comfortably tell you that blue is now orange, and they will prove it for you.
Now, you that had already known and had always believed that blue is blue (come what may), but you have no proof of your belief, you will go home badly beaten.

1 Like

Re: Where Did This Mathematics Go Wrong? by sojiooo1(m): 11:31am On Sep 24, 2021
when working with fraction, the denominator must always be check not to be equal 0 when solved. if the denominator is zero when solve, at that point it equal zero, the solution is said to be undefined/indeterminate. in most time of solving, the denominator is always zero.
Re: Where Did This Mathematics Go Wrong? by EngrKUNLE(m): 11:33am On Sep 24, 2021
Okay, may I?

Good use of indices but wrong mathematical division. The answer could as well be equals to 1 based on the supposed theorem followed in the pict:

10(10-10)/ 10(10-10) = 1... (wrong anyways)

However, this is wrong. 0 can not cancel out 0 to become 1 in arithmetic. its like 10 x 0/ 10 x 0, then say, 0 cancels 0 since they are identical. I put it to the writer that we can as well cancel out the tens and what we are left will still be 0/0.
Re: Where Did This Mathematics Go Wrong? by BluntCrazeMan: 11:35am On Sep 24, 2021
Beloved3:
Sorry this section here in the pic below is mathematically incorrect.

You have divided zero by zero (0/0) and
and that cannot happen in mathematics.

Doing that leads to a situation called 'undefined' in mathematics. Meaning that you would get an unknown result and hence you are not allowed to do it within the ambience of mathematical laws of the universe.

This has nullified your quest for solution. The result is mathematically unacceptable.

Cheers.

You're close to the correct answer..
The actual spot that is wrong with the whole picture is the Question itself..
0/0 is undefined.
If you try to twist 0/0 with many versions of mathematical operations, you can get anything at all.
Thus, the question itself is so wrong.

1 Like

Re: Where Did This Mathematics Go Wrong? by Gesman: 11:37am On Sep 24, 2021
10 multiply by 0 was neglected in the fourth step
Re: Where Did This Mathematics Go Wrong? by DabFrankNG: 11:43am On Sep 24, 2021
TOPCRUISE:
From the start. 0 divided by 0 is never equal to 2.
This is an examople of weed mathematics aned not pure mathematics
]

Re: Where Did This Mathematics Go Wrong? by BluntCrazeMan: 11:43am On Sep 24, 2021
BafanaBafana:

The logic is wrong,
The maths is right
You Garrit.
The Question itself is wrong.
Re: Where Did This Mathematics Go Wrong? by Holuwaxheun(m): 11:45am On Sep 24, 2021
BluntCrazeMan:
You're asked to spot the place where he did the wrong calculations..
In the picture, the (10-10) at the numerator can cancel out the (10-10) in the denominator.
It is mathematically correct.
So, you have not proven the picture wrong yet.

You are absolutely wrong. (10-10)/(10-10) cannot cancel out each other to equals to 1. Thats exactly where the error is.
Re: Where Did This Mathematics Go Wrong? by BluntCrazeMan: 11:46am On Sep 24, 2021
Equator25:
So, you support that the picture is very very correct??
Re: Where Did This Mathematics Go Wrong? by Righteousness1: 11:47am On Sep 24, 2021
The denominator, 10.10 - 10.10 can not be factorized to 10(10-10) as you did it!!!
That's exactly where it went wrong.
Re: Where Did This Mathematics Go Wrong? by BluntCrazeMan: 11:49am On Sep 24, 2021
Krismas:
coolJust about anything canbe concocted with figures. The fallacy is in the DIFFERENCE OF SQUARES. The operation for the denominator is unknown to algebra. Simply put, wot u do to the numerator, do also to d denominator. Afterall they are mirror images. I.e (10+10)(10-10)/(10-10)(10+10)=0/0=0
Difference of Squares is applied at the Numerator, while simple factorisation is applied at the denominator.
Check it well and see.
Re: Where Did This Mathematics Go Wrong? by Fivepercent: 11:50am On Sep 24, 2021
Exactly! You have to open bracket before you cancel out...
Beloved3:

Doing that leads to a situation called 'undefined' in mathematics. Meaning that you would get an unknown result and hence you are not allowed to do it within the ambience of mathematical laws of the universe.

This has nullified your quest for solution. The result is mathematically unacceptable.

Cheers.

Re: Where Did This Mathematics Go Wrong? by BluntCrazeMan: 12:01pm On Sep 24, 2021
Abuazeemalimsek:

Bros I like your Engineering digging , but you are on your own with this your fallacy. which school you go in the first place
Answer the Firstion Quest..
I mean, answer the question first.
Re: Where Did This Mathematics Go Wrong? by ilevic(m): 12:02pm On Sep 24, 2021
The maths failed at the point of applying difference of two squares. To apply difference, the two terms must be different. For difference of two square to work, a(square) - b(square) is a must not be equal to b

Obviously, 10(square) - 10(square) is equal to zero.

1 Like

Re: Where Did This Mathematics Go Wrong? by AYNL: 12:04pm On Sep 24, 2021
[quote author=WibusJaga post=106120623]

You made FTC!
This is the correct reason. Modify your post so all can see...

Please What Happens After Making FTC?
Re: Where Did This Mathematics Go Wrong? by Kobojunkie: 12:06pm On Sep 24, 2021
Here

Re: Where Did This Mathematics Go Wrong? by Blueeyedboi(m): 12:06pm On Sep 24, 2021
You can only prove it using a perfect square....
Re: Where Did This Mathematics Go Wrong? by BluntCrazeMan: 12:07pm On Sep 24, 2021
cuteralph101:

10 (10 - 10) is not equal to 100
but is equal to (100 - 100)
Re: Where Did This Mathematics Go Wrong? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 12:12pm On Sep 24, 2021
razzydoo:
Yet, your mind is a multiverse? tongue

grin grin

This one is on a different level.
Re: Where Did This Mathematics Go Wrong? by Nobody: 12:16pm On Sep 24, 2021
BluntCrazeMan:
You're close to the correct answer..
The actual spot that is wrong with the whole picture is the Question itself..
0/0 is undefined.
If you try to twist 0/0 with many versions mathematical operations, you can get anything at all.
Thus, the question itself is so wrong.

Spot on. You garrit.

1 Like

Re: Where Did This Mathematics Go Wrong? by razzydoo(m): 12:19pm On Sep 24, 2021
UyaiIncomparabl:

grin grin

This one is on a different level.
grin na simple sturvs.
Re: Where Did This Mathematics Go Wrong? by asi2013: 12:20pm On Sep 24, 2021
Beloved3:

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Where Did This Mathematics Go Wrong? by Ephraimchuks(m): 12:26pm On Sep 24, 2021
Your steps are convincing but it's not universally correct. Let me ask you, why did you choose 100, what if I choose 10. 10 - 10/10 -10 is also zero but will not end up being 2. This is what makes the solution wrong. Your hypothesis can only work with a perfect number.

1 Like

Re: Where Did This Mathematics Go Wrong? by bluefilm: 12:28pm On Sep 24, 2021
BluntCrazeMan:
Dear Mathematicians in the house....
I need you all to look at the attached picture below, and point out the spot where the whole mathematics started going wrong.
Thanks..

See earlier thread about this https://www.nairaland.com/5176879/it-been-proven-0-0

That's bullshît
Re: Where Did This Mathematics Go Wrong? by Tundex911: 12:34pm On Sep 24, 2021
Imagine the date on the script and you want make Nigeria better shey una no reason say the prove back then during bubu days in secondary school is still the reasoning why we're in this shit lately...

Think about it �
Re: Where Did This Mathematics Go Wrong? by ikorodureporta: 12:40pm On Sep 24, 2021
Na so my room mate dey ask how we dey take know say we don answer questions with all the calculations
Re: Where Did This Mathematics Go Wrong? by Krismas(m): 12:44pm On Sep 24, 2021
BluntCrazeMan:
Difference of Squares is applied at the Numerator, while simple factorisation is applied at the denominator.
Check it well and see.
coolU misunderstood my argument. I was only saying it’s illogical to resolve numerator and denominator DIFFERENTLY. They are both similar. Thats all. Though l know fully well that the numerator’s simplification is fraudulent. Cos its not different squares. But same 10^2 - 10^2 cannot give (10+10)(10-10) its invalid. I know.
Re: Where Did This Mathematics Go Wrong? by BluntCrazeMan: 12:45pm On Sep 24, 2021
learner007:

"There is nothing as useless as doing efficiently what should not be done at all"

I need you to laoud this quote of yours to the Nigerian Governments at all levels.
They engage in a lot of useless frivolities and make them appear as though they are very important events.
Re: Where Did This Mathematics Go Wrong? by BluntCrazeMan: 12:48pm On Sep 24, 2021
Krismas:
coolU misunderstood my argument. I was only saying it’s illogical to resolve numerator and denominator DIFFERENTLY. They are both similar. Thats all. Though l know fully well that the numerator’s simplification is fraudulent. Cos its not different squares. But same 10^2 - 10^2 cannot give (10+10)(10-10) its invalid. I know.
Did you just type that 10^2 - 10^2 cannot give (10+10)(10-10)??
Then open the brackets and simplify..
Tell me what you got.
Re: Where Did This Mathematics Go Wrong? by tobeGod: 1:00pm On Sep 24, 2021
The application of the difference of 2 square is wrong

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

See The Cost Of Studying For 5 Years In A Nigerian University / Male Hostel At The University Of Sule Lamido, Jigawa (Photos) / What Course Do You Regret Not Studying While In The University?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.