Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,145 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:38 PM

Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) (104888 Views)

Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine / Dr. Intercessor Jehovah Buys His Third Hummer Limousine, Shows It Off In Aba / 5 Old Beliefs Of Pastor Kumuyi Of Deeper Life Which He Latter Abandoned (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by tdalfred(m): 4:50pm On Sep 24, 2021
WHAT THEY EXPECTED OF HIM VS WHAT HE CAME WITH.

A lot of people ranted about the recent picture of Pastor Kumuyi alighting from a limousine. And I kept asking if that was too big or too small for a man who has paid his dues with hardwork and commitment for three decades or more.

The usual responses from people was that Deeper Life is known for modest living; that Deeper Life of those days wouldn't encourage such extravagant living such as the picture painted above; that Deeper Life shuns the things of this world.

Another response had it that these men of God who are saying we should be concerned about eternal life and encouraging people to sow our seeds in places where moths can't destroy are doing the opposite.

You might be right with those opinions but let's look at the impact these men of God have made in the lives of ordinary Nigerians.

Take a look at Dr David Oyedepo,his two universities, Covenant and Landmark, are always at the forefront of Ivy League universities in Nigeria. A recent job advert says,'Only Covenant University graduates should apply and some good private universities….'. That is indirectly passing a message to the government and Nigerians that with all the resources the government has, the government can't boast of good education and productivity. Do you know the Calibre of professors in Covenant University or the state of the art facilities?

Take another look at the evergreen Dr Sam Adeyemi of Daystar. With his teachings,young people have been able to catch the code of excellence and creativity in different fields of endeavor. His yearly leadership program brings movers and shakers across different sectors of the economy to teach the secrets of their success story and relevance in their chosen fields.

Would you mind talking about Pastor Poju Oyemade whose yearly program tagged 'The Platform' has contributed immensely to the social and political engineering of our dear nation Nigeria?

Take a look at the late Pastor T.B. Joshua whose philanthropic works have elevated some people out of the horrible pits of penury,hunger and lack?

When you see pastors living in abundance, you get angry but when a pastor struggles to feed, you'd say he isn't called by God.

If you keep thinking that the problem of this nation is instigated by the so-called men of God, kindly sit quietly and think again. As a young accountant who is mindful of economic and political history and data, I can boldly say that poverty is political.

With all the money that your state governors and other political office holders in your state have stolen, have they been able to rise to the status of these men of God? I say it again that poverty is political; I won't use this piece to analyze that.

Having said the above, I understand your grievances towards men of God. There are some men of God who have used the pulpit as an avenue to enrich themselves. That's glaring. The counsel I want to leave with you is that when you go to your religious gathering, don't go with your brain in your pocket. Jesus didn't come to take away our senses, He came to take our sins.

I'm out���.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=4342535125783418&id=100000809218966

©✍️✍️✍️T.D. Alfred (September, 2021)
Storyteller•Writing Instructor.

146 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by LordIsaac(m): 4:58pm On Sep 24, 2021
Well....he's deserving of it. Things have changed though, I must confess.

292 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by yuping(m): 5:00pm On Sep 24, 2021
Nice write up, making sense.

62 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by thesicilian: 5:07pm On Sep 24, 2021
It started with the television which he called "the devil's box" suddenly becoming a "ministry tool".
Now it's limo rides and jets. If you ask they'll say their God is not a poor God. My question is, the poor members who donate their sweat and blood for the ministry to move forward daily, is their God a poor God?

645 Likes 50 Shares

Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by Aammee77: 6:50pm On Sep 24, 2021
grin
Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by money121(m): 10:48am On Sep 26, 2021
Ok
Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by hakym619(m): 10:49am On Sep 26, 2021
grin Ride on papa.

I'm a Muslim and I really support religious leader living a fulfilled life

145 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by gurunlocker: 10:49am On Sep 26, 2021
grin grin grin

This is a funny thread.... The thing is, no matter what you do, people will still talk.

If he had used that old car, people would have still call him names.... I understand the reason they are attacking him, which is because of his past laid doctrines.

189 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by 9jayes: 10:49am On Sep 26, 2021
After FFK we’re in Kumuyi’s week

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by jesusjnr2020(m): 10:49am On Sep 26, 2021
I have still never heard Kumuyi bragging about material possessions as some other church leaders do, so I don't understand what all the fuss is about.

Take it or leave it, he's closer to God than most church leaders of this nation are.

He tried to get things right because of his love for God, but made some errors along the way. It's better than not trying at all or caring about doing things the right way, which is what many others are guilty of.

By the way, I am not a member of his church and don't think I have ever stepped my feet into a deeper life church building, but I have some respect for the man because I can see in him a man who really has the interest of God at heart.

God bless.

233 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by slawormiir: 10:50am On Sep 26, 2021
Damnnn niggar
Isoright...

I pity gullible followers of these god of men

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by tillaman(m): 10:50am On Sep 26, 2021
So because of their doctrines he is supposed to be trekking or using Archaic stuffs

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by SpatialKing(m): 10:50am On Sep 26, 2021
Limo are all worldly things
Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by Sonnobax15(m): 10:50am On Sep 26, 2021
lipsrsealed
Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by Saskay44: 10:50am On Sep 26, 2021
Nice
Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by Nobody: 10:50am On Sep 26, 2021
Last week was for Toto decay...

Now I dedicate this week to pastor Kumuyi ijn cheesy

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by muykem: 10:50am On Sep 26, 2021
Lol ���
Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by Amuluonyenaego: 10:50am On Sep 26, 2021
gurunlocker:
grin grin grin

This is a funny thread
Quite funny indeed grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by vizzyswagh(m): 10:50am On Sep 26, 2021

1 Like

Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by Nobody: 10:50am On Sep 26, 2021
Op good morning. Why are you trying to validate or rather justify the actions of Dr. Kumuyi.

In reality, no one complained honestly no one. It was poverty and hypocrites that complained.

No one complained......

36 Likes

Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by zombieHUNTER: 10:50am On Sep 26, 2021
undecided

Nigerian pastors need the country to remain poverty capital of the world... All thanks to the evil politicians

The poor tends to be more religious.. more gullible to their pastors..

There's a reason why Nigerian politicians and pastors are the richest in the world.

It's the people... So gullible and easy to deceive

After what the country is passing through in the hands of Buhari.. some people are chanting Tinubu 2023.. no be Juju be that.

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by Nobody: 10:51am On Sep 26, 2021
Ok
Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by datola: 10:51am On Sep 26, 2021
LordIsaac:
Well....he's deserving of it. Things have changed though, I must confess.

Yes. Pastor Kumuyi once said of late that his desire is to change a lot of those doctrines that the members have taken too far.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by patriotic007: 10:51am On Sep 26, 2021
Members can own a TV but GO can own a limo?

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by Kelvin30286063(m): 10:51am On Sep 26, 2021
Many of the people spreading propagandas about Deeper life are outsiders who don't know Jack about the doctrines of the church. I was born into deeper life and aside from those old days, deeper life have moved on from many of those. But many outsiders keep spreading the old doctrines.

He is having a program in Abuja, for all you know, his members may have arranged for the vehicle that will pick him at the airport.
In all, I don't think anyone should have a problem with how another person chose to spend his own money as long as he made it legitimately. And he never said his members shouldn't have a life. If you attend deeper camp programs, you will see the kind of cars the pastors drive.
There are just too many lies about the church and most of them are circulated by outsiders like you who have zero knowledge of happenings within the church.
They said deeper life members don't use TV, yet if you go to deeper church, you will see that every single deeper life church has a TV in it. Infact, it's compulsory. My dad is a pastor at deeper life yet he has a 55 inch plasma TV at home. Why is he not suspended yet?
They said the church has a ridiculous marriage doctrines yet Redeemed have tougher marriage doctrines and no one is talking about it. I married my wife in a Redeemed church and I know what we went through. Even as a deeper life member, I found it annoying at a point! I mean that church rejected her wedding dress 5 times. If it was deeper life, people will start talking.

60 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

The Pagan Origin Of The Word "AMEN" / Apostle Suleman's Face As Stephanie Otobo Confesses In His Church (Photo) / Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.