Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) (104978 Views)

Pastor Kumuyi Coming Down From Limousine / Dr. Intercessor Jehovah Buys His Third Hummer Limousine, Shows It Off In Aba / 5 Old Beliefs Of Pastor Kumuyi Of Deeper Life Which He Latter Abandoned (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by UPMIKE: 12:39pm On Sep 26, 2021
LordIsaac:
Well....he's deserving of it. Things have changed though, I must confess.

Has the word of God changed?
Has God's standards changed?
I pity you sheepies .
And FYI,
I was a worker in deeper life
Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by Adakintroy: 12:40pm On Sep 26, 2021
The contention of the world is at a place between science and religion. Science and reason is or has Trump religion. That's why any act of religion is met with reproach from rationality science minds. People want religion to be wrong. It's not that it's mostly wrong. It's because they adopted the scientific mode of reason so they are bias about thought even though they don't know they are.

The kumiyi model of Christianity is or can be considered religiouse conservatism. It mirrors itself in their doctrines of ideal. The "no make up", .. no ear rings eye lash and all.. basically no flash of worldliness are but the literal manifestation of that. They are the skeptics side of an over optimistic world.

What happened when we push the liberal boundaries and emerge over optimistically c about everything, what we have left is what we are grappling with today. No ear rings conserves us. Alternative "Earings" liberates us as far as eye lashes, leg braces toe nails, fingers nails, contact lens, wigs, tattoos, bleach creams, breast implants, butts ...were does it end?.

So I ask you was he wrong to conserve us?

Being cautions with telivision is not same thing as not owning television. Many people have been corrupted and many save in their house with television. He is not wrong he is not right. But to say he was wrong is wrong. He is not. The model of conservatism is a take Or tool in in our amour chest One we can draw from when things get complicated. To revert to simplicity is not a bad back exit strategies. Right now many who have no clue about the multi complexity of the modern world are stuck half way. They can't procede but don't know how to revert to the simple life. Conservatism return us to zero easily. A neutral place. Which is better than no place at all. Men of God had callings ideologies to guide. It's not full proof. But in the alternative were they are no guide of rational science They are the best model to guide. We are not a advance science nation. We do not have much alternatives at this bottom place as Africans. They are our best options in term of ideal model standards.

1 Like

Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by Samfloxin(m): 12:40pm On Sep 26, 2021
gurunlocker:
grin grin grin

This is a funny thread.... The thing is, no matter what you do, people will still talk.

If he had used that old car, people would have still call him names.... I understand the reason they are attacking him, which is because of his past laid doctrines.
Papa Kumuyi doesn't even know they exist not to talk of being peturbed by their hate-filled ranting. The church is moving forward.

4 Likes

Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by Cowbell521: 12:41pm On Sep 26, 2021
TheGift:

I am always amused by people on Nairaland bragging to people they don’t know, who may even see their so called achievements as mediocre. People like you , bragging about living in Abuja and going into VIP lounge. Such small mindedness.
If U mistakenly reach my level, U go sabi what it means. For now, just focus on ur life and work hard
Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by Heavenlygrace7(m): 12:41pm On Sep 26, 2021
Thank you Jesus!
Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by Fiscus105(m): 12:41pm On Sep 26, 2021
thesicilian:
It started with the television which he called "the devil's box" suddenly becoming a "ministry tool".
Now it's limo rides and jets. If you ask they'll say their God is not a poor God. My question is, the poor members who donate their sweat and blood for the ministry to move forward daily, is their God a poor God?

More reason why members are now developing cold commitment towards church and thing of God generally, they see that their leaders are just milking them to enrich themselves all in the name of making heaven.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by Kay25(m): 12:41pm On Sep 26, 2021
God bless you the more sir

1 Like

Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by josite: 12:41pm On Sep 26, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
I have still never heard Kumuyi bragging about material possessions as some other church leaders do, so I don't understand what all the fuss is about.

Take it or leave it, he's closer to God than most church leaders of this nation are.

He tried to get things right because of his love for God, but made some errors along the way. It's better than not trying at all or caring about doing things the right way, which is what many others are guilty of.

By the way, I am not a member of his church and don't think I have ever stepped my feet into a deeper life church building, but I have some respect for the man because I can see in him a man who really has the interest of God at heart.

God bless.

Are you God.even the Bible says it is only God who knows those that he is how do u know that kumuyi is closer to God.did God told you that ?
Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by Nobody: 12:43pm On Sep 26, 2021
Kelvin30286063:
Many of the people spreading propagandas about Deeper life are outsiders who don't know Jack about the doctrines of the church. I was born into deeper life and aside from those old days, deeper life have moved on from many of those. But many outsiders keep spreading the old doctrines.

He is having a program in Abuja, for all you know, his members may have arranged for the vehicle that will pick him at the airport.
In all, I don't think anyone should have a problem with how another person chose to spend his own money as long as he made it legitimately. And he never said his members shouldn't have a life. If you attend deeper camp programs, you will see the kind of cars the pastors drive.
There are just too many lies about the church and most of them are circulated by outsiders like you who have zero knowledge of happenings within the church.
They said deeper life members don't use TV, yet if you go to deeper church, you will see that every single deeper life church has a TV in it. Infact, it's compulsory. My dad is a pastor at deeper life yet he has a 55 inch plasma TV at home. Why is he not suspended yet?
They said the church has a ridiculous marriage doctrines yet Redeemed have tougher marriage doctrines and no one is talking about it. I married my wife in a Redeemed church and I know what we went through. Even as a deeper life member, I found it annoying at a point! I mean that church rejected her wedding dress 5 times. If it was deeper life, people will start talking.

Deeper lifers don't own TVs before, when I was growing up my neighbour was a deeper lifer he didn't have a TV not that he couldn't afford one. I have other classmates then who didn't have TVs in their home as well.

I want to ask a question, why was tv prohibited then but not anymore, what actually change because last time I checked the programs in TV is even more corrupt now as compare to back in the days.

Now, they have seen that TV is a way to advertise thereby leading to an increase in the church congregation, therefore TV is now allowed.

Same as mountain of fire, at first it was no jewelry, if you had one you might be sent back home or best still sit at the back of the church but today 60 percent of the members are all putting on jewelry.

I'm a Christian, I have come to understand everything in life fall on personal interest.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by Nobody: 12:44pm On Sep 26, 2021
tdalfred:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=4342535125783418&id=100000809218966

©✍️✍️✍️T.D. Alfred (September, 2021)
Storyteller•Writing Instructor.
Nonsense!!! Say what I say but don't do what I do. You are giving them excuses but they are nor taking excuses from thier members. Total brainless defence
Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by Nobody: 12:46pm On Sep 26, 2021
yuping:
Nice write up, making sense.
How did this make sense to you? Black ppl and low IQ. He's giving excuse for someone not accepting excuses from his members. Brainless ppl
Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by Enyimbamercedes: 12:47pm On Sep 26, 2021
Cowbell521:
Lol So na dis one U call dream of. As I said, mention me when u come back. I go send my driver come pick u up grin

Okay, that will be very nice of you!

I will need 3 cars cos I have 6 large suitcases unless you’ve got a Hilux or Tundra pickup. I haven’t confirmed my return date but when I do I will let you know. Please be at the airport early so you can park in front of the terminal exit.

Thank you once more
Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by Honduras01: 12:47pm On Sep 26, 2021
Kelvin30286063:
I mean 55 inch
Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by Franking: 12:49pm On Sep 26, 2021
thesicilian:
It started with the television which he called "the devil's box" suddenly becoming a "ministry tool".
Now it's limo rides and jets. If you ask they'll say their God is not a poor God. My question is, the poor members who donate their sweat and blood for the ministry to move forward daily, is their God a poor God?

Kumuyi is their God na.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by Handsum64: 12:49pm On Sep 26, 2021
As gullible as Christians
Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by towane: 12:50pm On Sep 26, 2021

Admittedly, for all Nigerians, God is the surest plug, and from him comes all blessings and power. But after him, comes this Oraimo 27,000mah Powerbank from which secure charge is given.

Power to all.

Lasts for up to 7 days on a single charge.

Contact number in the pic

Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by Cowbell521: 12:51pm On Sep 26, 2021
Enyimbamercedes:

Okay, that will be very nice of you!

I will need 3 cars cos I have 6 large suitcases unless you’ve got a Hilux or Tundra pickup. I haven’t confirmed my return date but when I do I will let you know. Please be at the airport early so you can park in front of the terminal exit.

Thank you once more
See him trying to discourage me. Which Idiot will spare his 3 cars for ordinary person just to prove point. I'll only pick u and ur wife and beautiful baby. My car is too classy 4 ur suitcase

Mention me when U arrive. Am serious about the pickup

1 Like

Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by Franking: 12:53pm On Sep 26, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
I have still never heard Kumuyi bragging about material possessions as some other church leaders do, so I don't understand what all the fuss is about.

Take it or leave it, he's closer to God than most church leaders of this nation are.

He tried to get things right because of his love for God, but made some errors along the way. It's better than not trying at all or caring about doing things the right way, which is what many others are guilty of.

By the way, I am not a member of his church and don't think I have ever stepped my feet into a deeper life church building, but I have some respect for the man because I can see in him a man who really has the interest of God at heart.

God bless.

U must be a pastor or evangelist or any of those fancy names u like to give urself trying very hard to convince urself that u are not take too. Brother, they are all business men. Every single one of them is fake.
Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by desiredhome: 12:53pm On Sep 26, 2021
Samfloxin:

Papa Kumuyi doesn't even know they exist not to talk of being peturbed by their hate-filled ranting. The church is moving forward.
You can continue to deceive yourself, and how do you know he doesn't know they exist? grin grin grin grin.....
Some of the people commenting here are his church/business members whom God has opened their eyes
Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by derecho(m): 12:54pm On Sep 26, 2021
Kingstanding:
. You're a religious Christian.
Are you sure you are not describing yourself?
Christ is our focus NOT a pastor or Pope.
Read my reply again.We point men to Jesus not individuals like Pastors or Pope.

1 Like

Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by Enyimbamercedes: 12:55pm On Sep 26, 2021
Cowbell521:
See him trying to discourage me. Which Idiot will spare his 3 cars for ordinary person just to prove point. I'll only pick u and ur wife and beautiful baby. My car is too classy 4 ur suitcase

Please send your Lexus LX 570 and your ML 500. They are big enough. Thank you very much

Anyway, I’d love to indulge you but it’s time for Formula 1. Enjoy
Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by Nobody: 12:56pm On Sep 26, 2021
Truth be told. If you can cut down drastically usage of modern gadgets, you will get closer to God if you genuinely seek him. Kumuyi called TV the box of devil cos it is a tool of distraction. Honestly, what can you really learn from TV? Yes, you may, but when it comes to series, movies, bla bla bla...tv is rubbish. Radio is even better. This is the honest truth. But the truth is that he is human. He didnt understand the technology well. He only cut it off finally, and saw his spiritual growth. So, he used his own standard to teach his congregation. Many benefitted from it, but it is a double edged sword. You cant force people to leave such, and cant force people to accept things of God. There are spiritual people who passed through him and are blessing him for the training he gave them.

When God opens your eyes, you will just be shaking heads at the canal people talking rubbish about this well disciplined man of God. Kumuyi and Adeboye are standard for men of God. Quote me anywhere. They are.

Well, I really think Kumuyi shouldn't have used it as a doctrine and force all his members at the time. Just like how some churches used to force divine healing on their members. Now, it is a crime for you to force it on anyone. You try it, someone dies, and they sue you, you are gone. But in those days, the faith of people in those churches work. They hardly go to hospitals.

The things of spirit are so technical and beyond us. The devil is very smart.

Well, a deeper life member who condemns people who watch TV, but chooses to be screaming online is a first class hyprocrite. I think Kumuuinreally needs to revisit this issue..I am not a member of his church, and I have not stepped on any of his branches. But I know this man is on point. I didnt attend his church in those days cos of the TV issue also. But I respect his own stand.
Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by htdot: 12:57pm On Sep 26, 2021
Thats is chrystler limo... its not expensive
Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by Henri8: 12:58pm On Sep 26, 2021
desiredhome:

I wonder how those people are feeling now.....so many frustrated members...
They will feeling frustrated and confused. Especially, the elderly ones now.

1 Like

Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by naija1stnigar(m): 12:59pm On Sep 26, 2021
Religion gravitates against greatness, people should deliver themselves from the worship of pastors because he is human, and you will be limited under his own view of life if you don't develop a normal standard to live your life. The earlier you deliver yourself from religious leaders and develop a normal standard to live your life the better for you.
Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by Judolisco(m): 12:59pm On Sep 26, 2021
Most of d things he asked his followers not to use back then won necessarily take u to hell... It is jst not to make u fall... He said it in one of his teachings that before he leaves he is going to change them
Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by desiredhome: 12:59pm On Sep 26, 2021
Cowbell521:
If U mistakenly reach my level, U go sabi what it means. For now, just focus on ur life and work hard
What's wrong with this one bragging akpatta...
Empty drum's makes loudest noise grin grin grin
Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by Cowbell521: 1:02pm On Sep 26, 2021
Enyimbamercedes:

Please send your Lexus LX 570 and your ML 500. They are big enough. Thank you very much

Anyway, I’d love to indulge you but it’s time for Formula 1. Enjoy
Wow, so u went to read my post. Funny thing be say I never even click or check Ur profile. And I'm not going to. Lol. Am a full fledged igbo man.. our business and political ambition be D main thing. We don't lavish money. Sure u can depict that from my posts that U read.

Mee self don tire lol. Nice meeting U jare. Happy Sunday. Say Hi to ur beautiful baby
Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by ofiko123(m): 1:03pm On Sep 26, 2021
SpatialKing:
Limo are all worldly things

How sure are you about this??
Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by Cowbell521: 1:04pm On Sep 26, 2021
desiredhome:

What's wrong with this one bragging akpatta...
Empty drum's makes loudest noise grin grin grin
I feel good. Love U
Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by desiredhome: 1:04pm On Sep 26, 2021
Henri8:
They will feeling frustrated and confused. Especially, the elderly ones now.
Baba don shine their glory, to some it's too late........
Now the deceptions are very clear yet some people too ashame to talk or take decision.... (leaving in bondage)
Re: Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) by desiredhome: 1:05pm On Sep 26, 2021
Cowbell521:
I feel good. Love U
lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

The Pagan Origin Of The Word "AMEN" / Apostle Suleman's Face As Stephanie Otobo Confesses In His Church (Photo) / FG Relaxes Restriction On Churches, Mosques

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.