Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,700 members, 7,831,183 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:03 PM

High Negative Short Term And Long Term Fuel Trim All The Time, Edakun Help Me - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / High Negative Short Term And Long Term Fuel Trim All The Time, Edakun Help Me (6838 Views)

Mulliner Bacalar: Bentley Unveils Car With Trim Made From 5,000-Year-old Wood / 28 Toyota Trim Level Acronyms And What They Mean / What Is Fuel Trim? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: High Negative Short Term And Long Term Fuel Trim All The Time, Edakun Help Me by Aanumi16: 8:27pm On Oct 31, 2021
Kokomo:

Hey bro, I change where I buy fuel but I still get high negatve fuel trim
Why not check your MAF. In my case I used to have LTFT of - 25 to - 35 while STFT is always between - 0.8 to 1.6 throwing p0172. Cleaned the MAF and changed the MAF connector, my LTFT dropped to - 7.0% while STFT remained 0.8 to 1.6. Car is a Camry 09

3 Likes

Re: High Negative Short Term And Long Term Fuel Trim All The Time, Edakun Help Me by calculation(m): 7:39pm On Nov 27, 2021
Op How far about your issue on LTFT & STFT? If resolve, how do achieve the solution ?
Re: High Negative Short Term And Long Term Fuel Trim All The Time, Edakun Help Me by Kokomo: 10:30am On Jun 28, 2022
calculation:
Op How far about your issue on LTFT & STFT? If resolve, how do achieve the solution ?
I live with it
Re: High Negative Short Term And Long Term Fuel Trim All The Time, Edakun Help Me by 9icetoo(m): 1:40pm On Jun 28, 2022
Kokomo:
Car Honda civic 2008

High Negative Short term and Long term fuel trim All the time, Edakun help me

But because the longterm native fuel trim hasn't crossed -25%, my ECU is yet to set a p0172 code, but my fuel consumption had been bad affected, before I do 34mpg average, now I do roughly 26mpg, same route to work

First things first, your idle rpm is too high.

What work did you do on the car?
Re: High Negative Short Term And Long Term Fuel Trim All The Time, Edakun Help Me by femarse: 5:34pm On Jun 28, 2022
I have same problem , high fuel consumption, my readin is different thou , honda accord 2000 4 plug auto

Any solution to this high fuel consumption, spark plug has been changed , injector serviced , change cold start , but the new one makes the vehichle sluggish alot , return the old one and vehicle moves ohk again , rpm at idle is largely unstable sometimes coming down to almost switching off and sometimes goes high at 1500 rpm

Re: High Negative Short Term And Long Term Fuel Trim All The Time, Edakun Help Me by dicksonadams(m): 6:20pm On Jun 28, 2022
femarse:
I have same problem , high fuel consumption, my readin is different thou , honda accord 2000 4 plug auto

Any solution to this high fuel consumption, spark plug has been changed , injector serviced , change cold start , but the new one makes the vehichle sluggish alot , return the old one and vehicle moves ohk again , rpm at idle is largely unstable sometimes coming down to almost switching off and sometimes goes high at 1500 rpm

You might have a leak along your intake

(1) (2) (Reply)

7 Tips To Help You Prevent A Car Theft / My 3 Weeks Experience Driving A Toyota Camry Xle 2003 / 2GR-FE Oil Cooler Pipe Replacement (2008 Toyota Highlander)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.