Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,243 members, 7,815,333 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:59 AM

I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions (21273 Views)

Rivers And Delta Indigenes Are The Least Interested In Joining The Army / US Military Offers $50,000 To New Recruits Who Want To Join The Army / I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by opera1(m): 10:48am On Sep 25, 2021
Cardealer2021:
Me sef wonder ooo cry my elder has been serving in the NAf since 2015 and nothing don do am for Abuja and we are from the south

Your brother is very lucky, Abuja is a very good place.
My younger brother was posted to North, his two leg has been condemned by Boko Haram IED, This happened within a year of joining them. He is yet to marry, very small boy, he can't come home and we can't even inform his mother, they only talk on phone.
I cried inwardly anytime it comes to my mind.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by AlexB300: 10:55am On Sep 25, 2021
SSC- Short Service Combatant.
Not for the weak. I suffer for their training lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by toprealman: 10:57am On Sep 25, 2021
PENISgod:
Hello guys....so I am currently 20 years of age..I just passed the just concluded jamb and I am wanting to study computer science in either a polytechnic or university then after that, join the military through S.S.C ..I have few questions I would love to ask anyone who has gone through similar experience or knows a thing or two...

Note- please nobody should come here and start telling me to finish one first as I am only trying to plan ahead... thanks..

1) should I go for a university degree ( with strike and possible extra years put into consideration) or a polytechnic for H.N.D?

2) is there a limit to the rank I can achieve for going through S.S.C ( because I've heard something like that) and how long would it take to rise to that rank if there's any?

I really need as much advice as possible,my future is at stake. Please help me..
When you want to ask questions, keep an open mind. If you already have already made answers, please do not disturb the cyberspace.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by VTJN(m): 11:01am On Sep 25, 2021
Please who go help my life, make i join any of these uniform work. I want to make use of my degree

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by arantess: 11:03am On Sep 25, 2021
PENISgod:
Hello guys....so I am currently 20 years of age..I just passed the just concluded jamb and I am wanting to study computer science in either a polytechnic or university then after that, join the military through S.S.C ..I have few questions I would love to ask anyone who has gone through similar experience or knows a thing or two...

Note- please nobody should come here and start telling me to finish one first as I am only trying to plan ahead... thanks..

1) should I go for a university degree ( with strike and possible extra years put into consideration) or a polytechnic for H.N.D?

2) is there a limit to the rank I can achieve for going through S.S.C ( because I've heard something like that) and how long would it take to rise to that rank if there's any?

I really need as much advice as possible,my future is at stake. Please help me..

Look at him and his insolence
You never enter you dey cap anyhow already

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by PENISgod: 11:03am On Sep 25, 2021
AlexB300:
SSC- Short Service Combatant.
Not for the weak. I suffer for their training lipsrsealed
how is it like...and did you get in?

1 Like

Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by freeman67: 11:44am On Sep 25, 2021
LegendPV:
1..Try to obtain a Degree and make it a priority, if it doesn't work out that's when u opt for HND... E get why, though the Army doesn't discriminate among the Two.. Same ranking and same pay

2. After conversion, to Regular, that's after your probation... The sky is your limit, though you'll have to compete with the better preferred RC - the NDA graduates... But today we have a lot of SSC officers who are Major Generals.... We've had a COAS once in the past who was SSC

Note : make sure you're Medically and physically fit... Maintain your health till then

to get commissioned into the Nigerian Armed Forces is highly competitive, so ensure to have a back up plan
The final shortlist for Army SSC this year had 8 people per state, Navy DSSC had just 2+1 reserve per state

So try get back up plan o

This man here has said it all. This all you need to know. Good luck.
Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by Pain(m): 11:51am On Sep 25, 2021
Ugoc3:
I will advise you join the NA through NDA
You will have respect and b handsomely paid..
If u entr through ssce..you will not be a happy soilder

It depends on your definition of "handsomely paid". For the less informed, it may seem big... and then further compare it with the dollar rate, you will see what I mean. A General's pay is still below 2M in this harsh economy
Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by Freelane33(m): 11:57am On Sep 25, 2021
You go just Die for nothing .why ena no Dey get sense self for this country . I will rather become a bloody civilian rather than joining any force in Nigeria . Don’t die young bro , you can still be useful to your family
Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by Glycosunde: 12:01pm On Sep 25, 2021
od501:

Very true. There was a military man that died that year, his family was oust from the Baracks and the benefits denied cos the wife refused to sleep with the oga.
There was also this one that happened IB that year. The soldier died, for one year the family were not notified and they kept playing on their intelligence until the family met a babalawo who later told them the son is dead.
They were about getting a lawyer involved before the army later opened up. If at that, till date, N1 the family never see.

This country dey tire person. You go serve the country come still die for am but wetin b your own dem nor go give you but still give your wife and daughter belle join sef

Sighs.......... Drops pen

1 Like

Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by Hassanmaye(m): 12:18pm On Sep 25, 2021
Davash222:
To join Nigeria Army is one of the easiest ways to die young.

I wish you what you wish yourself.
Haha hahahhahahaha
Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by Teewai69: 12:28pm On Sep 25, 2021
@op, pls contact @thecuteabiola on Instagram. I know he's a naval officer which is part of paramilitary. He should be of help to enlighten you a bit from his own personal experience. He's young too, yoruba from Kwara state. He's also into comedy with the name "Lawyer Kunle".
Chat him up and ask for few information and tips.
I wish you all the best.
Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by themanderon: 12:31pm On Sep 25, 2021
LegendPV:
1..Try to obtain a Degree and make it a priority, if it doesn't work out that's when u opt for HND... E get why, though the Army doesn't discriminate among the Two.. Same ranking and same pay

2. After conversion, to Regular, that's after your probation... The sky is your limit, though you'll have to compete with the better preferred RC - the NDA graduates... But today we have a lot of SSC officers who are Major Generals.... We've had a COAS once in the past who was SSC

Note : make sure you're Medically and physically fit... Maintain your health till then

to get commissioned into the Nigerian Armed Forces is highly competitive, so ensure to have a back up plan
The final shortlist for Army SSC this year had 8 people per state, Navy DSSC had just 2+1 reserve per state

So try get back up plan o

The sky is his limits if he doesn't get sent to fight and die in this phony war against so called terrorists while the connected ones and the real owners sip kunu In well air conditioned offices far far away from the heat of the battle.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by Hushmoni: 12:41pm On Sep 25, 2021
Suicide mission grin
Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by Holluwhakemmy(f): 12:43pm On Sep 25, 2021
Go ahead it is like you dont know What is happening in the country presently.
Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by AlexB300: 12:58pm On Sep 25, 2021
PENISgod:
how is it like...and did you get in?
applied with my BSC.
Few corps available to candidates. Zero ur mind say na Infantry or Supply u go enter. I couldn’t go through with the training. I developed series of illness.
Good luck tho. You’ll spend most of your service year in the north as SSC are less preferred to RC and DSSC
Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by Crucialgem(m): 1:05pm On Sep 25, 2021
All of you discouraging op from joining the arm forces of Nigeria, I will make sure I track you down one by one, you will face the consequences of obstructing a patriotic Nigerian from joining the army of our beloved country grin
Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by suffering: 1:06pm On Sep 25, 2021
I hope you’re physically built to survive the army. Don’t forget Captain America was rejected multiple times until taking the serum. I can not imagine anything in life harder than the military; even prison and roughnecking seem like holidays. Good luck in advance.
Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by Kandeed: 1:26pm On Sep 25, 2021
AlexBells:
That's good, I think Nairaland is not the best place for getting proper information concerning the Nigerian Military, you can join numerous Military groups especially in Facebook, it is always a brave and right decision to want to join the army of your country also note that the Military is a little skewed currently if you are especially from the East, don't expect much but still as far as Nigeria exist there shall be Easterners in the Nigerian Military and those Easterners who joins serve on double front.

I don't know you so I would not say any further but do check out some Facebook groups, also check out within your community you would find one or two people who have been in the service they could be helpful. Be strong patriot and be warned that Nigerian military can be somewhat depressing though i don't know your reason for joining but never be party to a coup or revolution , evolution is the bane of civilised societies.

Why?? if you've been abroad and then you take some time to think bout Nigeria's current state you'll put out a tear

Nigeria atm need youths who should be thinking in this direction

1 Like

Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by goodyvin02(m): 1:30pm On Sep 25, 2021
lonelydora:
First of all, Write your "Will" before joining the army.

Now, what make people joining through Direct Short Service course not go far in rank is because of their age. Before you finish University or Polytechnic, you would have been in your mid-twenties. Promotion is every 3/4 years in the military, now calculate from your age of joining as a 2nd Lieutenant to when you are 60 years (retirement age) and see why you won't get to a General.

There is also what is called "Combatant" and "Non Combatant". You will be a non combatant officer because you didn't attend NDA, and this also affect the positions you will be given.

A non combatant can never be a GOC or COAS or head DICON, DMI, etc

A non combatant can always convert to a regular
Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by Kandeed: 1:31pm On Sep 25, 2021
Newray:
I need candid advise.

If you had an opportunity to travel to UK for master degree .
Or travel to USA as tourist. Which is better?

Go to UK for Masters and immediately you finish, enter US as a tourist. thank me later

1 Like

Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by Nobody: 1:45pm On Sep 25, 2021
Davash222:
To join Nigeria Army is one of the easiest ways to die young.

I wish you what you wish yourself.
It's a career, remember the nation needs it's army.
Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by stephennel(m): 2:12pm On Sep 25, 2021
PENISgod:

The best way to enjoy the been in the armed forces is to be a regular.
So, if you ain't above 21 just apply for NDA. You can read more on it
Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by figure007(m): 2:19pm On Sep 25, 2021
Lawlab249:
Don't o. You are better off doing anything else. The army is compromised.

For CAC business registration, company, foundation, NGO, church registration, SCUML Certificate, Trademark, NAFDAC reg etc, call or Whatsapp 09 127724742.
how much does it cost to get the SCUML certificate and how long will it take ?
Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by asobo1: 2:36pm On Sep 25, 2021
Ugoc3:
I will advise you join the NA through NDA
You will have respect and b handsomely paid..
If u entr through ssce..you will not be a happy soilder
He said SSC ( Short Service Combatant) not SSCE (Senior School Certificate Examination). Thanks
Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by Vyiecyie: 2:54pm On Sep 25, 2021
There's a limit to your rank bro. You're better off without it. I know what am saying, am in the military too (Navy)
Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by Balofariojames: 3:28pm On Sep 25, 2021
Nothing bad in joining NA I have tried it in the year 1990 but not suceed.
Should we try to excuse our self southerner from joining, then the whole southerner are In trouble in future.mark it!.
The office work we are waiting for do not exist except you are from them.
my town man was alive in NA as I wrote.
But please try to be enlisted through NDA
And if not at least you will not be jobless.
Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by Lawlab249: 3:47pm On Sep 25, 2021
figure007:
how much does it cost to get the SCUML certificate and how long will it take ?

Chat on Whatsapp or call 09 127724742.
Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by pavoda: 4:02pm On Sep 25, 2021
Apply to NDA is a Regular Combatant Cadet. You will do better that way. You would be able to build a much stronger brotherhood across all 3 armed services compared to Short Service or Direct Regular where only a single arm(DSSC Army) trains for the entire period. So you may not even have course mates in the real sense from the Airforce or Navy, this would limit your opportunities in tri service SETUP. if you Join the army as A DSSC OFFICER WITH AN ENGR QUALIFICATION, it would be extremely competitive in service because the NDA already churns out ENGR who are also competent in other aspects of Military duties. So yes you would have disadvantages. But if you are still less than 26 on entry and you have competency to excel in staff training at JAJI AND OTHER Young officer courses that will benefit you in your career.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by pavoda: 4:04pm On Sep 25, 2021
this is false!
lonelydora:
First of all, Write your "Will" before joining the army.

Now, what make people joining through Direct Short Service course not go far in rank is because of their age. Before you finish University or Polytechnic, you would have been in your mid-twenties. Promotion is every 3/4 years in the military, now calculate from your age of joining as a 2nd Lieutenant to when you are 60 years (retirement age) and see why you won't get to a General.

There is also what is called "Combatant" and "Non Combatant". You will be a non combatant officer because you didn't attend NDA, and this also affect the positions you will be given.

A non combatant can never be a GOC or COAS or head DICON, DMI, etc
Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by Joeyfizzo: 4:08pm On Sep 25, 2021
AntiBMC:
All these ones no dey gree read news. If you are a southerner, I have questions for you too;
You no know wetin dey happen for country? Na the camo dey freak you or what? U no get family members wey dey advise you?
Any which way, na you know.
let him go for wat he wants....don't discourage him. If der is no one in the military who will protect u. Abeg jare.
Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by Joeyfizzo: 4:09pm On Sep 25, 2021
pavoda:
Apply to NDA is a Regular Combatant Cadet. You will do better that way.
na not true. Better he gets his degree n join thru DSSC or SSC.... Because he will have a certificate to fall back to when he's no longer interested in the job in d future.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Simple Steps To Writing A Good CV For Young Graduates / Procter & Gamble (P&G) Current Vacancies - April 2018 / Interview Invitation For A Job I Never Applied

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.