Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,544 members, 7,812,712 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:53 PM

I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions (21237 Views)

Rivers And Delta Indigenes Are The Least Interested In Joining The Army / US Military Offers $50,000 To New Recruits Who Want To Join The Army / I Want To Join The Nigerian Army ,but I have questions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by Joeyfizzo: 4:11pm On Sep 25, 2021
Chat me up on watsapp 07087090067. I'll give u d advice u need from a reliable source.
Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by pavoda: 4:14pm On Sep 25, 2021
You know that NDA already trains officers with degrees in engineering who are much younger and with additional military staff duty competencies. The best situation to join DSSC is in areas that NDA don't train officers. Medical, IT etc
Joeyfizzo:
na not true. Better he gets his degree n join thru DSSC or SSC.... Because he will have a certificate to fall back to when he's no longer interested in the job in d future.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by Joeyfizzo: 4:18pm On Sep 25, 2021
pavoda:
You know that NDA already trains officers with degrees in engineering who are much younger and with additional military staff duty competencies. The best situation to join DSSC is in areas that NDA don't train officers. Medical, IT etc
true tho....u are correct. Even in Medicine dey train officers but not in NDA tho.. they send young officers to universities to study medicine for 6 gud years
after graduating from NDA so they can be Director of Medical services in the future.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by pavoda: 4:39pm On Sep 25, 2021
This was the case before, but not anymore. its cost effective for the military to enlist already trained doctors. If you have finised residency even better. You will be promoted to Major, Squadron Leader or Lieutenant Commander within 3-4 yrs of entry.
Joeyfizzo:
true tho....u are correct. Even in Medicine dey train officers but not in NDA tho.. they send young officers to universities to study medicine for 6 gud years
after graduating from NDA so they can be Director of Medical services in the future.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by footprint17(m): 5:50pm On Sep 25, 2021
PENISgod:
Hello guys....so I am currently 20 years of age..I just passed the just concluded jamb and I am wanting to study computer science in either a polytechnic or university then after that, join the military through S.S.C ..I have few questions I would love to ask anyone who has gone through similar experience or knows a thing or two...

Note- please nobody should come here and start telling me to finish one first as I am only trying to plan ahead... thanks..

1) should I go for a university degree ( with strike and possible extra years put into consideration) or a polytechnic for H.N.D?

2) is there a limit to the rank I can achieve for going through S.S.C ( because I've heard something like that) and how long would it take to rise to that rank if there's any?

I really need as much advice as possible,my future is at stake. Please help me..
. Pls don’t join .... abeg
Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by Rhea(f): 6:02pm On Sep 25, 2021
PENISgod:
Hello guys....so I am currently 20 years of age..I just passed the just concluded jamb and I am wanting to study computer science in either a polytechnic or university then after that, join the military through S.S.C ..I have few questions I would love to ask anyone who has gone through similar experience or knows a thing or two...

Note- please nobody should come here and start telling me to finish one first as I am only trying to plan ahead... thanks..

1) should I go for a university degree ( with strike and possible extra years put into consideration) or a polytechnic for H.N.D?

2) is there a limit to the rank I can achieve for going through S.S.C ( because I've heard something like that) and how long would it take to rise to that rank if there's any?

I really need as much advice as possible,my future is at stake. Please help me..

Choose another career path - writing a book, starting a blog, learning to code, going into farming, learn to cook. Provide a service or product or idea that the world needs and cannot do without. In the near future, the military will become redundant, as most wars will be fought over the cyberspace, except in Africa where soldiers will remain pawns in the hands of military contractors and arms dealers.
Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by Joeyfizzo: 6:04pm On Sep 25, 2021
pavoda:
This was the case before, but not anymore. its cost effective for the military to enlist already trained doctors. If you have finised residency even better. You will be promoted to Major, Squadron Leader or Lieutenant Commander within 3-4 yrs of entry.
I think dey still do it...I know a Ltcdr a regular officer I think he's 55RC who is in his 6th year studying medicine in UI
Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by AntiBMC(m): 6:15pm On Sep 25, 2021
Joeyfizzo:
let him go for wat he wants....don't discourage him. If der is no one in the military who will protect u. Abeg jare.

Why don't you go for it since it's too good for you? You are looking for will die for nothing in the name of protecting you. There's everything wrong with the army of today, southern soldiers are being ambushed and killed by terrorists that have infiltrated the army...and you are here talking absolute rubbish.
I told him d truth like I'd tell my own friend or brother. It's left for him to make his choice. If you don't like it, hang urself.
Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by Joeyfizzo: 6:18pm On Sep 25, 2021
AntiBMC:

Why don't you go for it since it's too good for you? You are looking for will die for nothing in the name of protecting you. There's everything wrong with the army of today, southern soldiers are being ambushed and killed by terrorists that have infiltrated the army...and you are here talking absolute rubbish.
I told him d truth like I'd tell my own friend or brother. It's left for him to make his choice. If you don't like it, hang urself.
wat makes u think am not in the military. And am from d South South. You stupid coward! Idiot.
Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by AntiBMC(m): 6:29pm On Sep 25, 2021
Joeyfizzo:
wat makes u think am not in the military. And am from d South South. You stupid coward! Idiot.

If truly you are in the military then you are more stvpid and ignorant than I thought. Don't worry, you will sooner pay for ur ignorance and stupidity... don't just go about, dragging others down with you. Ozu.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by Joeyfizzo: 7:20pm On Sep 25, 2021
AntiBMC:

If truly you are in the military then you are more stvpid and ignorant than I thought. Don't worry, you will sooner pay for ur ignorance and stupidity... don't just go about, dragging others down with you. Ozu.
useless son of a Coward. U think everyone is PVssy like ur sick and retched father and a LovePeddler of a mum?
Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by ItzKennybest67(m): 7:28pm On Sep 25, 2021
Damscodammy1:

mk seun catch u o.oniranu.
moreover e no tok say e wan do am with ssce o.d op wan apply aftr hnd or degre program.
as 4 seun bills.na e pay by e sef o.buh e salary dy enter 4 d time in schl

oh okay thanks.. For the enlightment, never knew all thou.
Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by Coolgent(m): 8:07pm On Sep 25, 2021
PENISgod:

1. Follow your heart and choose between the two options you mentioned.

2. Nigerian army doesn't discrminate between Degree and HND (a Captain classmate of mine has HND in Printing technology)

Majority of commentors here are hopeless youth who have nothing to offer but tribalism, so be warn!
Your tribe or religion doesn't matter to Nigerian Army

Goodluck
Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by Leogreat5: 9:07pm On Sep 25, 2021
Joining the military via short service combatant , you must be a graduate , within 27yrs of age and above 27yrs if you studied professional courses like medicine n co. I guess you can't pass the rank of a major before you retire. I have attended the interview .

1 Like

Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by AntiBMC(m): 10:30pm On Sep 25, 2021
Joeyfizzo:
useless son of a Coward. U think everyone is PVssy like ur sick and retched father and a LovePeddler of a mum?

This one you are crying on my mention can simply be referred to as the "last kick of a dying horse".

You should spend what little time you have left on important things rather than bickering like a woman with PTSD on nairaland. For all we know, you might be posted to Borno soon to replace the soldiers that died today.

https://www.nairaland.com/6771575/breaking-boko-haram-kills-30

P.S

There's a huge difference between wisdom and bravery Or foolishness and cowardice.
What you think is bravery is actually foolishness on ur part. If you die now, you die for nothing. Nobody will ever remember you.

What you call cowardice is actually wisdom on my own part, for choosing not to throw away my life for a govt that couldn't care less if I died for it or not.

So Mr brave soldier, ur abuses don't mean anything. U are feeling sad with urself and taking it out on the world. I pity you really. One day, you will remember today.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by EndBuhariNow(m): 1:43am On Sep 26, 2021
Veggieseedies:

He would will his girlfriend to you and will his phone to his girlfriend.

If he has a good business, or properties would he be looking to join NA with no dignity.. army that kills peaceful protesters
since he want to commit suicide nah... let me wish him rip in advance now until the new hit front page here
Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by Emmyjay007(m): 5:11am On Sep 26, 2021
The internet pays but only a few know about this

If you have an android phonor a smartphone and you spend money on data without making money in return, it's a pity.
We will be sharing different ways we can make residual income.
FREE!!
THAT IS WITHOUT PAYING A DIME
Click on the link below
https://yotvideo.xyz/936531532555882/
Register, and get paid just for watching adverts in USD$.
You can thank me later..
Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by Joeyfizzo: 5:32am On Sep 26, 2021
AntiBMC:

This one you are crying on my mention can simply be referred to as the "last kick of a dying horse".

You should spend what little time you have left on important things rather than bickering like a woman with PTSD on nairaland. For all we know, you might be posted to Borno soon to replace the soldiers that died today.

https://www.nairaland.com/6771575/breaking-boko-haram-kills-30

P.S

There's a huge difference between wisdom and bravery Or foolishness and cowardice.
What you think is bravery is actually foolishness on ur part. If you die now, you die for nothing. Nobody will ever remember you.

What you call cowardice is actually wisdom on my own part, for choosing not to throw away my life for a govt that couldn't care less if I died for it or not.

So Mr brave soldier, ur abuses don't mean anything. U are feeling sad with urself and taking it out on the world. I pity you really. One day, you will remember today.
lol. So u took time out to compose the bible for me. U idiot...those Bandits will locate u and ur entire household sooner or later...COWARD!
Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by AntiBMC(m): 7:39am On Sep 26, 2021
Joeyfizzo:
lol. So u took time out to compose the bible for me. U idiot...those Bandits will locate u and ur entire household sooner or later...COWARD!

Hehe, you wish. Boko terrorists dey U.S?
So, u and ur own family will definitely be located first. Especially you.

If truly, you are a southern soldier, any day wey you go desert that army, na thunder go fire you. Keep crying on my mention, if that will make u feel better, but I'm done reading/replying ur trash.
Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by Joeyfizzo: 11:38am On Sep 26, 2021
AntiBMC:

Hehe, you wish. Boko terrorists dey U.S?
So, u and ur own family will definitely be located first. Especially you.

If truly, you are a southern soldier, any day wey you go desert that army, na thunder go fire you. Keep crying on my mention, if that will make u feel better, but I'm done reading/replying ur trash.
lol.... Thank God they are terrorists in the US .... They will locate u and ur entire family. Idiot...lol. ... Low class citizen of the US...lol.
Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by pavoda: 4:23pm On Sep 26, 2021
I see, its certainly very rare. The army and Airforce certainly not. Most 55RC should have completed or been going to AFCSC Jaji on Senior Staff Course at this time . Anything is possible in the Navy sha grin
Joeyfizzo:
I think dey still do it...I know a Ltcdr a regular officer I think he's 55RC who is in his 6th year studying medicine in UI
Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by PENISgod: 5:04am On Sep 27, 2021
LegendPV:
1..Try to obtain a Degree and make it a priority, if it doesn't work out that's when u opt for HND... E get why, though the Army doesn't discriminate among the Two.. Same ranking and same pay

2. After conversion, to Regular, that's after your probation... The sky is your limit, though you'll have to compete with the better preferred RC - the NDA graduates... But today we have a lot of SSC officers who are Major Generals.... We've had a COAS once in the past who was SSC

Note : make sure you're Medically and physically fit... Maintain your health till then

to get commissioned into the Nigerian Armed Forces is highly competitive, so ensure to have a back up plan
The final shortlist for Army SSC this year had 8 people per state, Navy DSSC had just 2+1 reserve per state

So try get back up plan o
please would it be wise to apply for N.D.A at my age (20) or just go through a regular university then join afterwards?
Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by PENISgod: 2:38pm On Sep 27, 2021
Leogreat5:
Joining the military via short service combatant , you must be a graduate , within 27yrs of age and above 27yrs if you studied professional courses like medicine n co. I guess you can't pass the rank of a major before you retire. I have attended the interview .
why didn't you get in? After the interview?
Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by PENISgod: 2:47pm On Sep 27, 2021
stephennel:

The best way to enjoy the been in the armed forces is to be a regular.
So, if you ain't above 21 just apply for NDA. You can read more on it
I heard it's very hard to get it without knowing somebody? And please what are my chances of being admitted because I heard it's very competitive.
Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by PENISgod: 2:48pm On Sep 27, 2021
Balofariojames:
Nothing bad in joining NA I have tried it in the year 1990 but not suceed.
Should we try to excuse our self southerner from joining, then the whole southerner are In trouble in future.mark it!.
The office work we are waiting for do not exist except you are from them.
my town man was alive in NA as I wrote.
But please try to be enlisted through NDA
And if not at least you will not be jobless.
is it very hard for someone to go through n.d.a? And please what are my chances of making the n.d.a final shortlist?
Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by PENISgod: 2:52pm On Sep 27, 2021
pavoda:
Apply to NDA is a Regular Combatant Cadet. You will do better that way. You would be able to build a much stronger brotherhood across all 3 armed services compared to Short Service or Direct Regular where only a single arm(DSSC Army) trains for the entire period. So you may not even have course mates in the real sense from the Airforce or Navy, this would limit your opportunities in tri service SETUP. if you Join the army as A DSSC OFFICER WITH AN ENGR QUALIFICATION, it would be extremely competitive in service because the NDA already churns out ENGR who are also competent in other aspects of Military duties. So yes you would have disadvantages. But if you are still less than 26 on entry and you have competency to excel in staff training at JAJI AND OTHER Young officer courses that will benefit you in your career.
am I guranteed admission into the n.d.a as long as I meet all the requirements because I heard I need to know someone before applying for n.d.a cos the screening process is very hard
Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by PENISgod: 2:54pm On Sep 27, 2021
phyiktor:
Why not go to NDA and forget university you can still study the course you want there instead of wasting years in the university and polytechnic you intend going and no rank limit if you go through NDA..there is only rank limit for those who finished from the university and later join the army through short service... since you pass diz just conclude jamb exam and you really want to join the army I will advise go for change of institution and put Nigeria defense academy as ur first choice
I heard the the form sales has been closed that I have to wait till next year...
Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by PENISgod: 2:57pm On Sep 27, 2021
ANDREW91:

I will advice u to get ur computer science degree through the NDA. Do a change of institution and use NDA instead of wasting years in normal universities
I heard it's hard to get in...do you know howany they accept per year?
Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by PENISgod: 8:01pm On Sep 27, 2021
ANDREW91:

I will advice u to get ur computer science degree through the NDA. Do a change of institution and use NDA instead of wasting years in normal universities
I am currently 20 years old and I can't apply for n.d.a again this year....and by next year I'll be 21 which is the age limit..so I have just one shot at it...
Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by stephennel(m): 8:59pm On Sep 27, 2021
PENISgod:
I heard it's very hard to get it without knowing somebody? And please what are my chances of being admitted because I heard it's very competitive.
Your chances are your preparations and you yourself..... But the first thing needed is sound academics
Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by o2naira(m): 9:36pm On Sep 27, 2021
U can join the nigerian army as a recruit and further ur education through military schools and to become a higher ranking officer,just like a senior bros I know that used to cuts my hair many years ago,he joined the army as a recruit and went to school he is now a major and medical personel in the nigerian army.
Re: I Want To Join The Army..but I Have Some Questions by PENISgod: 11:09pm On Sep 27, 2021
o2naira:
U can join the nigerian army as a recruit and further ur education through military schools and to become a higher ranking officer,just like a senior bros I know that used to cuts my hair many years ago,he joined the army as a recruit and went to school he is now a major and medical personel in the nigerian army.
is it that easy?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

N-power Screening Requirement For Every Applicant. (picture ) / 4 Steps To Getting An Amazing Job As A Graduate With 3rd Class Or Pass Grade / Techno Oil To Create Over 1000 Jobs For Graduates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.