Stats: 3,150,678 members, 7,809,574 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:27 AM

Chidi Okereke: Why Tems Was Rejected By A Record Label In 2018 - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Chidi Okereke: Why Tems Was Rejected By A Record Label In 2018 (19717 Views)

Wizkid And Tems Was Caught Kissing In Ghana / Revealed! See Why Tems Always Hides Her Backside From The Camera (video) / DJ Cuppy: "I Need To Wed In 2018 Before King Sunny Ade Retires". Ade Replies (2) (3) (4)

Chidi Okereke: Why Tems Was Rejected By A Record Label In 2018 by saphiere(f): 8:35am On Sep 25, 2021
A Nigerian PR professional and social media influencer, Chidi Okereke has revealed how Nigerian singer, Tems was rejected by a record label in 2018.

According to Chidi, the singer reached out to him to help her promote her music. After listening to her music, he tried to get a top music executive to help her but the record label turned Tems down, saying she sounds ”Too R&B”.

The PR expert who shared screenshots of his chats with Tems in 2018 and the music executive who was managing Indie Label, said he decided to share the chats to remind us that if we believe strongly in ourselves, the world will catch up to our gift.

He wrote;
“July 2018, Tems messaged me about promoting her music. I checked her out and liked the songs so much that I reached a friend who was managing an Indie label. But the label owner said she sounded too R&B and declined.

Today, Tems is global, rolling with WizKid, Drake & Rihanna. I don’t blame him to be honest. He’d been around enough to know that her sound was going to be a hard sell.

Just sharing this conversation because it’s a reminder that if we believe strongly in ourselves, we should keep striving. The world will catch up to our gift.”

https://.com/pr-expert-chidi-okereke-reveals-why-tems-was-rejected-by-a-record-label-in-2018/

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chidi Okereke: Why Tems Was Rejected By A Record Label In 2018 by saphiere(f): 8:35am On Sep 25, 2021
More

Re: Chidi Okereke: Why Tems Was Rejected By A Record Label In 2018 by saphiere(f): 8:35am On Sep 25, 2021
In my opinion, he rejected her because she is a girl.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chidi Okereke: Why Tems Was Rejected By A Record Label In 2018 by helinues: 8:40am On Sep 25, 2021
And this one is seeking relevancy because of this?

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chidi Okereke: Why Tems Was Rejected By A Record Label In 2018 by helinues: 8:41am On Sep 25, 2021
saphiere:

So record label company don't reject guys as well?

Sorry to say, you are probably raised by a single mother who has poisoned your mind about men.

Such mentality is not just wrong but poor

199 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Chidi Okereke: Why Tems Was Rejected By A Record Label In 2018 by SadiqBabaSani: 8:42am On Sep 25, 2021
Word
Re: Chidi Okereke: Why Tems Was Rejected By A Record Label In 2018 by Kestolove(m): 8:44am On Sep 25, 2021
Why was he asking for her pics?.. Ashawo man

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Chidi Okereke: Why Tems Was Rejected By A Record Label In 2018 by Nobody: 8:44am On Sep 25, 2021
Why were these conversations made public if not for clout chasing?

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chidi Okereke: Why Tems Was Rejected By A Record Label In 2018 by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:01am On Sep 25, 2021
That is to say........

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Chidi Okereke: Why Tems Was Rejected By A Record Label In 2018 by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:02am On Sep 25, 2021
Kestolove:
Why was he asking for her pics?.. Ashawo man

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Chidi Okereke: Why Tems Was Rejected By A Record Label In 2018 by RZArecta(m): 9:13am On Sep 25, 2021
saphiere:
your opinion is flawed since you obviously know nothing about the marketing aspect of Nigeria's music industry

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chidi Okereke: Why Tems Was Rejected By A Record Label In 2018 by saphiere(f): 9:15am On Sep 25, 2021
RZArecta:
your opinion is flawed since you obviously know nothing about the marketing aspect of Nigeria's music industry
Now who have the best laugh? Tems or the record label?

Re: Chidi Okereke: Why Tems Was Rejected By A Record Label In 2018 by saphiere(f): 9:17am On Sep 25, 2021
helinues:

So record label company don't reject guys as well?

Sorry to say, you are probably raised by a single mother who has poisoned your mind about men.

Such mentality is not just wrong but poor
Which record label request for a picture of a male?

Re: Chidi Okereke: Why Tems Was Rejected By A Record Label In 2018 by AcademicWriter: 9:26am On Sep 25, 2021
[quote author= post=106150077][/quote]
Re: Chidi Okereke: Why Tems Was Rejected By A Record Label In 2018 by helinues: 9:29am On Sep 25, 2021
saphiere:
Which record label request for a picture of a male?

Would you sign someone to your record label without having an idea how the person look like?

31 Likes

Re: Chidi Okereke: Why Tems Was Rejected By A Record Label In 2018 by saphiere(f): 9:42am On Sep 25, 2021
helinues:

Would you sign someone to your record label without having an idea how the person look like?
If I own a record label, I won't care how you look.

Below are what record labels look out for in an artiste.

1. Your voice

2. Your creativity

3. Your talent

4. Your drive.

This man wanted a girl to sleep with that was why he requested for her picture.

If it was by looks, I know a lot of artiste who wouldn't have been signed to any label.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chidi Okereke: Why Tems Was Rejected By A Record Label In 2018 by TalkTalkTwins(m): 10:16am On Sep 25, 2021
He was only scouting for reasons to reject her, from my observations.

Re: Chidi Okereke: Why Tems Was Rejected By A Record Label In 2018 by free2ryhme: 7:14pm On Sep 25, 2021
saphiere:
A Nigerian PR professional and social media influencer, Chidi Okereke has revealed how Nigerian singer, Tems was rejected by a record label in 2018.

According to Chidi, the singer reached out to him to help her promote her music. After listening to her music, he tried to get a top music executive to help her but the record label turned Tems down, saying she sounds ”Too R&B”.

The PR expert who shared screenshots of his chats with Tems in 2018 and the music executive who was managing Indie Label, said he decided to share the chats to remind us that if we believe strongly in ourselves, the world will catch up to our gift.

He wrote;

https://.com/pr-expert-chidi-okereke-reveals-why-tems-was-rejected-by-a-record-label-in-2018/

Make Una let us hear word ooo.

If she didnot "blow" this chat will never see the light of day.

Infact chidi and the top executive make una getat!!!!!!

Re: Chidi Okereke: Why Tems Was Rejected By A Record Label In 2018 by BruncleZuma: 7:14pm On Sep 25, 2021

Dem never sue some people before...be sharing private conversation like say nah puff-puff.

Re: Chidi Okereke: Why Tems Was Rejected By A Record Label In 2018 by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:14pm On Sep 25, 2021
Believe in what you do and do what you believe in.

Golden Words from the elders of the land.

We Rise!

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Chidi Okereke: Why Tems Was Rejected By A Record Label In 2018 by Topmaike007(m): 7:16pm On Sep 25, 2021
Tems my baby

Re: Chidi Okereke: Why Tems Was Rejected By A Record Label In 2018 by Antoeni(m): 7:16pm On Sep 25, 2021
All of that are now story, I am sure you guys are regretting it by now

Re: Chidi Okereke: Why Tems Was Rejected By A Record Label In 2018 by chidonweb(m): 7:16pm On Sep 25, 2021
Truly, No body knows tomorrow

Re: Chidi Okereke: Why Tems Was Rejected By A Record Label In 2018 by Abilistic(m): 7:16pm On Sep 25, 2021
Re: Chidi Okereke: Why Tems Was Rejected By A Record Label In 2018 by ATEAMS: 7:16pm On Sep 25, 2021
Oyyanaa
Re: Chidi Okereke: Why Tems Was Rejected By A Record Label In 2018 by Yalaard: 7:17pm On Sep 25, 2021
Hmm

Tonto Dikeh’s Erratic Behavior Almost Got Her Jailed In 2015 – Ghana Police / Kate Henshaw Reveals The Secret Behind Her Happiness And Youthful Looks / Davido Ft. Popcaan – Risky (official Video)