Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

Chidi Okereke: Why Tems Was Rejected By A Record Label In 2018 - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Chidi Okereke: Why Tems Was Rejected By A Record Label In 2018 (19733 Views)

Wizkid And Tems Was Caught Kissing In Ghana / Revealed! See Why Tems Always Hides Her Backside From The Camera (video) / DJ Cuppy: "I Need To Wed In 2018 Before King Sunny Ade Retires". Ade Replies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chidi Okereke: Why Tems Was Rejected By A Record Label In 2018 by timesup234: 7:17pm On Sep 25, 2021
And so? Must everybody accept you? Nothing like regret in life. We all move on

1 Like

Re: Chidi Okereke: Why Tems Was Rejected By A Record Label In 2018 by chatinent: 7:18pm On Sep 25, 2021
This is not news na. He wants Tems to see him as a good person now. See en oblong head.

Re: Chidi Okereke: Why Tems Was Rejected By A Record Label In 2018 by femi4: 7:18pm On Sep 25, 2021
saphiere:
In my opinion, he rejected her because she is a girl.
Comprehension=0

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chidi Okereke: Why Tems Was Rejected By A Record Label In 2018 by bmdmix11: 7:20pm On Sep 25, 2021
saphiere:
so after reading all that, that's ur conclusion.

come i wan tell u something, bring ur face.
Re: Chidi Okereke: Why Tems Was Rejected By A Record Label In 2018 by LOVEGINO(m): 7:21pm On Sep 25, 2021
Nigerians with discouragement b like buhari and debts.

1 Like

Re: Chidi Okereke: Why Tems Was Rejected By A Record Label In 2018 by Nobody: 7:23pm On Sep 25, 2021
saphiere:

This is all you could take from the chats? grin
Re: Chidi Okereke: Why Tems Was Rejected By A Record Label In 2018 by nwajesus12(m): 7:24pm On Sep 25, 2021
She wouldn't have blossomed if she signed with the label

1 Like

Re: Chidi Okereke: Why Tems Was Rejected By A Record Label In 2018 by lexy2014: 7:27pm On Sep 25, 2021
saphiere:

u posted screenshots of chats, yet you didnt even take time to read the chats
Re: Chidi Okereke: Why Tems Was Rejected By A Record Label In 2018 by telegramm: 7:34pm On Sep 25, 2021
saphiere:

U need sense in JESUS NAME
Re: Chidi Okereke: Why Tems Was Rejected By A Record Label In 2018 by defcon4: 7:38pm On Sep 25, 2021
helinues:

So record label company don't reject guys as well?

Sorry to say, you are probably raised by a single mother who has poisoned your mind about men.

Such mentality is not just wrong but poor

Women are very very difficult to work with in the music industry. Any woman that succeeds, worked 3 times harder than their male counterparts.

Women get distracted easily and have a sense of entitlement.
Re: Chidi Okereke: Why Tems Was Rejected By A Record Label In 2018 by saphiere(f): 7:39pm On Sep 25, 2021
[s]
defcon4:

Women are very very difficult to work with in the music industry. Any woman that succeeds, worked 3 times harder than their male counterparts.

Women get distracted easily and have a sense of entitlement.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Chidi Okereke: Why Tems Was Rejected By A Record Label In 2018 by udemzyudex(m): 7:40pm On Sep 25, 2021
You're just trying to promote yourself, that's what I see first. grin
Re: Chidi Okereke: Why Tems Was Rejected By A Record Label In 2018 by Nobody: 7:48pm On Sep 25, 2021
This clown want to chase clout. Go and sleep. Nobody ask you anything!
Re: Chidi Okereke: Why Tems Was Rejected By A Record Label In 2018 by prophetfire: 7:51pm On Sep 25, 2021
saphiere:
You are doing ladies more harm than good with this your way of seeing things.
Re: Chidi Okereke: Why Tems Was Rejected By A Record Label In 2018 by saphiere(f): 7:51pm On Sep 25, 2021
lexy2014:

can u explain to them how i have been trolling you? if you cant, wouldnt that be a breach of rule 2 and rule 8? can u state the nairaland law that was broken by my earlier comment to you?
STop quoting me on this forum. Is that too hard for you?
Re: Chidi Okereke: Why Tems Was Rejected By A Record Label In 2018 by iLegendd(m): 7:52pm On Sep 25, 2021
saphiere:
If I own a record label, I won't care how you look.

Below are what record labels look out for in an artiste.

1. Your voice

2. Your creativity

3. Your talent

4. Your drive.

This man wanted a girl to sleep with that was why he requested for her picture.

If it was by looks, I know a lot of artiste who wouldn't have been signed to any label.

If I woo you on WhatsApp without a DP, two days later, you'll ask for my picture. True or false?

When it comes to career partnership or relationship partnership, you must see the face of who you're working with even if the person has all the qualities and talent. True or false?

Even frustrated Nigerian scammers show pictures to their victims — even if it's another person's picture. True or false?

I have read some of your comments and posts on this forum severally and I noticed you hate men or at least, a man has hurt you to the point you've vowed never to forgive that gender. cry

It's not your fault, but the circumstance around you. I pray you heal before your wedding day. If you're a lesbian, then better. All the best.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chidi Okereke: Why Tems Was Rejected By A Record Label In 2018 by Bigchristo: 7:54pm On Sep 25, 2021
saphiere:
A Nigerian PR professional and social media influencer, Chidi Okereke has revealed how Nigerian singer, Tems was rejected by a record label in 2018.

According to Chidi, the singer reached out to him to help her promote her music. After listening to her music, he tried to get a top music executive to help her but the record label turned Tems down, saying she sounds ”Too R&B”.

The PR expert who shared screenshots of his chats with Tems in 2018 and the music executive who was managing Indie Label, said he decided to share the chats to remind us that if we believe strongly in ourselves, the world will catch up to our gift.

He wrote;

https://.com/pr-expert-chidi-okereke-reveals-why-tems-was-rejected-by-a-record-label-in-2018/
I can’t bother myself to read this long note, those days of rejection has past in her life, now she is a big star ⭐️ that’s all that matters.
Re: Chidi Okereke: Why Tems Was Rejected By A Record Label In 2018 by Bfss: 7:57pm On Sep 25, 2021
Oh
Re: Chidi Okereke: Why Tems Was Rejected By A Record Label In 2018 by 30naira: 7:57pm On Sep 25, 2021
saphiere:

You must drag gender into every conversation. Even when the label clearly said why they rejected her. You can ignore logic and agree with you emotions. That's what women do, and that's why we limit women from certain aspects of society. So that we don't all pay the price for their emotions.

It's a man's world, accept it and live with it.
Re: Chidi Okereke: Why Tems Was Rejected By A Record Label In 2018 by lexy2014: 7:57pm On Sep 25, 2021
saphiere:
STop quoting me on this forum. Is that too hard for you?

pls prove your case by answering the following questions:

can u explain to them how i have been trolling you? if you cant, wouldnt that be a breach of rule 2 and rule 8? can u state the nairaland law that was broken by my earlier comment to you?
Re: Chidi Okereke: Why Tems Was Rejected By A Record Label In 2018 by Loverboy3333: 7:58pm On Sep 25, 2021
Every "NO" they say to you is another motivation for you to work harder and find a solution to that "NO"
Re: Chidi Okereke: Why Tems Was Rejected By A Record Label In 2018 by Hardaneblog: 8:01pm On Sep 25, 2021
saphiere:
If I own a record label, I won't care how you look.

Below are what record labels look out for in an artiste.

1. Your voice

2. Your creativity

3. Your talent

4. Your drive.
everyone has got his/her own choice na

This man wanted a girl to sleep with that was why he requested for her picture.
you may be right here and you may be wrong but there is nothing bad in asking for a person's picture

If it was by looks, I know a lot of artiste who wouldn't have been signed to any label. normal na... Buh ma'am if money enters person life....
Re: Chidi Okereke: Why Tems Was Rejected By A Record Label In 2018 by SirLakes: 8:04pm On Sep 25, 2021
helinues:

So record label company don't reject guys as well?

Sorry to say, you are probably raised by a single mother who has poisoned your mind about men.

Such mentality is not just wrong but poor
Oga sir take it easy ooo grin grin
Re: Chidi Okereke: Why Tems Was Rejected By A Record Label In 2018 by Rubbiish(m): 8:07pm On Sep 25, 2021
saphiere:
Your case is getting out of hand lol
Re: Chidi Okereke: Why Tems Was Rejected By A Record Label In 2018 by defcon4: 8:25pm On Sep 25, 2021
saphiere:
[s][/s]

Sister, it's from experience. It's not a chauvinist statement. If you know anyone in the industry ask and confirm

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top 20 Most Curvy African Celebrities(pictures) / Davido Become Ambassador Of Travelbeta - Photos / My Mother Went To The Grave With 90 Per Cent Of My Secrets – Chioma Akpotha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.