Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,019 members, 7,810,819 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:05 PM

Chidi Okereke: Why Tems Was Rejected By A Record Label In 2018 - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Chidi Okereke: Why Tems Was Rejected By A Record Label In 2018 (19718 Views)

Wizkid And Tems Was Caught Kissing In Ghana / Revealed! See Why Tems Always Hides Her Backside From The Camera (video) / DJ Cuppy: "I Need To Wed In 2018 Before King Sunny Ade Retires". Ade Replies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chidi Okereke: Why Tems Was Rejected By A Record Label In 2018 by emorse(m): 8:29pm On Sep 25, 2021
Loverboy3333:
Every "NO" they say to you is another motivation for you to work harder and find a solution to that "NO"

Very correct. But easier said than done.
Re: Chidi Okereke: Why Tems Was Rejected By A Record Label In 2018 by saphiere(f): 8:35pm On Sep 25, 2021
iLegendd:

If I woo you on WhatsApp without a DP, two days later, you'll ask for my picture. True or false?

When it comes to career partnership or relationship partnership, you must see the face of who you're working with even if the person has all the qualities and talent. True or false?

Even frustrated Nigerian scammers show pictures to their victims — even if it's another person's picture. True or false?

I have read some of your comments and posts on this forum severally and I noticed you hate men or at least, a man has hurt you to the point you've vowed never to forgive that gender. cry

It's not your fault, but the circumstance around you. I pray you heal before your wedding day. If you're a lesbian, then better. All the best.
You said if you have a conversion with me for two days I will demand for your pics...
Did this useless label boss have a conversation with the star girl? No!

1 Like

Re: Chidi Okereke: Why Tems Was Rejected By A Record Label In 2018 by Nobody: 8:35pm On Sep 25, 2021
saphiere:
If I own a record label, I won't care how you look.

Below are what record labels look out for in an artiste.

1. Your voice

2. Your creativity

3. Your talent

4. Your drive.

This man wanted a girl to sleep with that was why he requested for her picture.

If it was by looks, I know a lot of artiste who wouldn't have been signed to any label.

Lol...you must be kidding
Re: Chidi Okereke: Why Tems Was Rejected By A Record Label In 2018 by Bunmhi(f): 8:55pm On Sep 25, 2021
Bro Osahan dey look for pic grin

1 Like

Re: Chidi Okereke: Why Tems Was Rejected By A Record Label In 2018 by Nobody: 9:13pm On Sep 25, 2021
The 1diot would have given her a chance. It's not everyone that likes to hear agbero songs tagged as naija music.

She has the last laugh now.
Re: Chidi Okereke: Why Tems Was Rejected By A Record Label In 2018 by suffering: 9:15pm On Sep 25, 2021
“Hey, big head” means he was dicking her down at the time. He tried. Most men chop and go without trying to help. I remember back in the day a Nigerian rapper who was looking for assistance dropped me her number. The way she flashed at least eight times a day then called four times nightly meant she was ready to do anything and I mean anything for my help.
Re: Chidi Okereke: Why Tems Was Rejected By A Record Label In 2018 by Angeldemon: 9:18pm On Sep 25, 2021
helinues:

So record label company don't reject guys as well?

Sorry to say, you are probably raised by a single mother who has poisoned your mind about men.

Such mentality is not just wrong but poor

very useless and bitter girl that sapphire girl is
Re: Chidi Okereke: Why Tems Was Rejected By A Record Label In 2018 by kingcornel(m): 9:28pm On Sep 25, 2021
saphiere:
If I own a record label, I won't care how you look.

Below are what record labels look out for in an artiste.

1. Your voice

2. Your creativity

3. Your talent

4. Your drive.

This man wanted a girl to sleep with that was why he requested for her picture.

If it was by looks, I know a lot of artiste who wouldn't have been signed to any label.
. Says someone who doesn't know how a musical studio looks like..
Re: Chidi Okereke: Why Tems Was Rejected By A Record Label In 2018 by iLegendd(m): 9:31pm On Sep 25, 2021
saphiere:
You said if you have a conversion with me for two days I will demand for your pics...
Did this useless label boss have a conversation with the star girl? No!

When you're a boss, you won't chat with everyone. You have people handling that.

In this case, all he needs is to listen to her music, which he did and liked it to an extent, and see her face — which he hasn't and wants to.

Just to see her face, he has become a womanizer to some people. In the entertainment industry, talent sells, but a pretty face with talent and good promo sell more.

Yes, he likes her song 60% because it's R&B and it won't sell that much over here, but if he had seen how beautiful she is, he would've considered. Beauty is a gift for poor people to get around life without much suffering.

Do you know beauty has saved a lot of people from poverty just the same way talent has?

The beauty would've made up for the missing 40% in the appeal of her genre in Africa.

Trust me, I love listening to a beautiful girl with a great voice over an ugly girl with a great voice.

If we are to be honest with ourselves, good-looking people with talents are more appealing to watch on screen.

Most girls will prefer to watch Kiss Daniel sing for them over Duncan Mighty even though Duncan has a better voice and more talents.

It is what it is.

Note: In the entertainment world, beauty is a good bonus to talent, but in science, beauty is not needed — only talent is.

5 Likes

Re: Chidi Okereke: Why Tems Was Rejected By A Record Label In 2018 by Kennyking1234: 9:31pm On Sep 25, 2021
post=106167728:
Believe in what you do and do what you believe in.

Golden Words from the elders of the land.

We Rise!
IPOB PAP, but not akamu, action party
If you want akamu i go give you ogi,
Re: Chidi Okereke: Why Tems Was Rejected By A Record Label In 2018 by saphiere(f): 9:58pm On Sep 25, 2021
iLegendd:

When you're a boss, you won't chat with everyone. You have people handling that.

In this case, all he needs is to listen to her music, which he did and liked it to an extent, and see her face — which he hasn't and wants to.

Just to see her face, he has become a womanizer to some people. In the entertainment industry, talent sells, but a pretty face with talent and good promo sell more.

Yes, he likes her song 60% because it's R&B and it won't sell that much over here, but if he had seen how beautiful she is, he would've considered. Beauty is a gift for poor people to get around life without much suffering.

Do you know beauty has saved a lot of people from poverty just the same way talent has?

The beauty would've made up for the missing 40% in the appeal of her genre in Africa.

Trust me, I love listening to a beautiful girl with a great voice over an ugly girl with a great voice.

If we are to be honest with ourselves, good-looking people with talents are more appealing to watch on screen.

Most girls will prefer to watch Kiss Daniel sing for them over Duncan Mighty even though Duncan has a better voice and more talents.

It is what it is.

Note: In the entertainment world, beauty is a good bonus to talent, but in science, beauty is not needed — only talent is.

Should I list over 500 celebrities who do not come close to the word B in beauty?
Re: Chidi Okereke: Why Tems Was Rejected By A Record Label In 2018 by iLegendd(m): 10:15pm On Sep 25, 2021
saphiere:
Should I list over 500 celebrities who do not come close to the word B in beauty?

I didn't say people that aren't good-looking won't make it — they will.

All I'm saying is: people that are beautiful with talents are more appealing on the screen and producers go after them more even though they don't like the genre of the musician.

This helps the record label gather lots of teenage fans. Having lots of teenage fans is one of the secrets to blow now and being beautiful or naughty attracts this HUGE teenage fanbase.

You'll hardly see an adult walking on the street singing a song, but teenagers do it. (Free promo) So, a record label focuses on a musicians that'll appeal to teens more to get free promo.

One way to appeal to teens of nowadays is to be beautiful, crazy, naughty, and bonus: have a nice voice.

Naira Marely didn't attract teens with a nice voice, but his craziness and naughtiness.

2 face attracted teens with his voice and handsomeness.

Tems attracted teen fans with her beauty, voice, and naughtiness.

Omah Lay and Kiss Daniels attracted teen fans by their looks and naughtiness.

So, as a management, there are things you look out for when signing a new art. That was what the man was looking for, but he got tagged a womanizer.

Record labels are more after making profit with your talent and beautiful, so the look out for attributes that'll make you sell faster and if you possess them, they rush you instead of you begging them to be signed.

Everyone has a selling point and these managements look out for them.

This life is all about contribution.

In a relationship, a rich man contributes money, protection, etc. and a woman contributes her beauty, character, youngness, faithfulness, etc.

This is why rich men like Ned Woko, Oshiomole, etc. go for fresh and beautiful wives. Do you expect these rich and ugly men to marry ugly and unfaithful women? No!

This same thing applies in music. A producer or a label contributes their time, money, and energy to promote and make you popular, so they expect you to contribute your talent and beauty (if you have) to make the work easier for them. Simple.

Everyone wants what will make their works easier and this is why he wanted to get more info about her (her face included).

Her talent has been verified, but he wants to verify her face too. Is that a crime?

1 Like

Re: Chidi Okereke: Why Tems Was Rejected By A Record Label In 2018 by poweredcom(m): 10:42pm On Sep 25, 2021
saphiere:
In my opinion, he rejected her because she is a girl.

You don't really have sense .... everytin you drag gender war Into

He rejected her for a reason that she sounded too r.n b simple

Can't you use your brain

1 Like

Re: Chidi Okereke: Why Tems Was Rejected By A Record Label In 2018 by princewarri1985: 12:31am On Sep 26, 2021
I swear to God the first time i heard this girl on radio i initially thought she was a US female singer, but i was shocked to my bone marrow when i later found out she is Nigerian, she's such a raw undilluted talent, she has this unique sound that made her different from every other artist out there because she has carved a nitche for herself, she is currently the best female artist in the whole of Africa and her lyrics is so matured
Re: Chidi Okereke: Why Tems Was Rejected By A Record Label In 2018 by lezz(m): 12:53am On Sep 26, 2021
helinues:

Would you sign someone to your record label without having an idea how the person look like?
stop the corporate rape.
Re: Chidi Okereke: Why Tems Was Rejected By A Record Label In 2018 by Onowu1979: 1:59am On Sep 26, 2021
saphiere:

You are sick, aren't you ?
Re: Chidi Okereke: Why Tems Was Rejected By A Record Label In 2018 by Slurity(m): 2:16am On Sep 26, 2021
saphiere:
kid's way of reasoning. Grow up please.
Re: Chidi Okereke: Why Tems Was Rejected By A Record Label In 2018 by Omoluabiii(m): 3:25am On Sep 26, 2021
saphiere:

So men dont get rejected abi?
your brain is not properly nutured,
you better change before you go scatter person pikin life with this your fish brain
Re: Chidi Okereke: Why Tems Was Rejected By A Record Label In 2018 by akaypary442(m): 4:21am On Sep 26, 2021
saphiere:
Oh Come on!!!
Re: Chidi Okereke: Why Tems Was Rejected By A Record Label In 2018 by Premiumwriter2: 8:24am On Sep 26, 2021
saphiere:
Which record label request for a picture of a male?
stop saying nonsense.

Beauty sell music.

Simon Cowell had to change 3 of the original westlife crew members simply because they were not good looking.

Looks matter a lot in music.

1 Like

Re: Chidi Okereke: Why Tems Was Rejected By A Record Label In 2018 by jaxxy(m): 12:54pm On Sep 26, 2021
Local producers dish out local music as always.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tonto Dikeh’s Erratic Behavior Almost Got Her Jailed In 2015 – Ghana Police / Sani Musa Danja & Mansura Isah Celebrate 10th Year Wedding Anniversary (Photos) / Kate Henshaw Reveals The Secret Behind Her Happiness And Youthful Looks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.