Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision - Sports (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision (63274 Views)

Anthony Joshua Lost To Oleksandr Usyk By Split Decision / Anthony Joshua Regains His Heavyweight Titles! Joshua wins by unanimous decision / Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by JAWBONE(m): 10:38am On Sep 26, 2021
Oleksandr defence must be top notch, he looks so clean after the fight
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by sammytovic(m): 10:40am On Sep 26, 2021
UncleKoboko:
[s][/s]
Ọdẹ
If e easy, why anyone for your lineage no even dey do any sport?
why u com put am for head. Someone enough to celebrate can also be castigated.
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by Yungmil: 10:44am On Sep 26, 2021
kenzysmith:
collect back bawo na so he easy he has lost those belts for good
grin You think so? This is business my broda. He surely will collect it back. But if he loses to wilder or fury then you can now say bye bye. There will be a rematch very soon. It is called business grin
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by noble2faith(m): 11:05am On Sep 26, 2021
davodyguy:

You just shut up.

The guy claimed he came to Nigeria to prostrate and there's nothing anywhere to show he was in Nigeria to prostrate.

Show the his image doing so in the country called Nigeria.

You jump into an argument and start talking trash.

Whether he prostrated is not the issue.. The claim I am countering is that he took a flight from UK to Nigeria then met Buhari either in Lagos or Aso Rock to prostrate.

Show me the image in Nigeria

This is not about flying to Nigeria or flying to London. The fact is he postrated for Buhari. Period!

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by Nobody: 11:10am On Sep 26, 2021
iJhoe:

Amateurish performance i'd say you're 100℅ correct, but we might just don't know what's set the undertone for this match. We are just aware of his energy before now and maybe we should just wait for the 2nd match is over before we get to judge.

Sometimes, rabid optimists have sad days and gloomy pessimists have sunny days. What could have killed Aj's morale is what I simply don't understand. He sure gonna come back, it is a matter of importance to him than even the criticisms he is aware and unaware of

I'm no la liga & Premiership fan alone. I'm a big fan of boxing sport too cool

LOL it's all good. Take care sir. grin wink
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by Yungmil: 11:12am On Sep 26, 2021
Afriqan:

No offence bro, but it's better to face your football and leave boxing comments to those who truly understand the sport.

There is no 'delay tactics' in getting beat up like an amateur by a smaller fighter like Usyk from a lighter category. It's pure disgrace to AJ's CV coupled with his previous loss to Ruiz, not what you're thinking.
its funny how u conclude easily. Do you know if I watch football? Do you know if I am a professional boxer?

Now pay attention let me educate you. If aj should fight and lose to any of fury or wilder(especially wilder) he is not getting the belt back because he can't even past 6 round with wilder, though he might luckily lose by UD(unanimous decision) against fury.That's simply because fury lacks one-punch knockout power(hope you know what that means). Even the greatest of all time Ali had to regain his title a 3rd time, he had a third reign on the throne, Ali couldn't even get his revenge againts spinks(hope you know him) so he had to instruct the baddest man on the planet to that for him. This is the business of boxing, don't think you know it all cos actually no one does. Not even Aristotle. So listen like sunny listen and learn.
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by hahn(m): 11:24am On Sep 26, 2021
So how much will Anthony Joshua make after losing? undecided
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by UncleKoboko: 11:44am On Sep 26, 2021
Pidginwhisper:
Since you’ve showed that you lack home training and can’t engage without insult. I’ll gladly give it to you.
Ode ni awon molebi e. Pele lineage bash Ali. I guess your father was dick tiger.
Oloribu ọmọ irankiran
Oloshi jatijati
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by Ijeleigbo(m): 11:57am On Sep 26, 2021
Thatwasepic:

Then he will be well beaten this time cuz usky is a great p4p

cheesy cheesy cheesy bro you wicked oh! But never underestimate Anthony Joshua yet. Let's remember hes got power. He only needs to work on his speed and technique. Anthony Joshua might spring up a surprise in the rematch.
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by Eriokanmi: 12:05pm On Sep 26, 2021
kazyhm:

I'm boxing fan.....I will watch amateur fight over champions league final match.

We shall see
Nice
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by wimtex: 12:49pm On Sep 26, 2021
pavone11:

Do not forget the fact that Usyk has been fighting for over 20years and has over 300 Amateur fights, he is also an Olympic gold medalist he is skilled, has a very good boxing IQ and next level technique. He was feared moving up to the heavyweight they all knew what he could do with the south paw and speed in those legs, which makes his south paw not the normal south paw. Game plans won today, and clearly you could see the Usyk game plan was never to get a knock out, just continue to out box him for 12rounds. AJ has a better boxing IQ compared to Wilder and could use that against him, same game plan box and don't get box, for Fury he needs a KO to win Fury. Rematch clause would be activated, wait and see what the game plan will be..I for see an additional trainer for the rematch.

I expect another Ruiz part 2 game plan from AJ in usky part 2 which is run around and jab so as to avoid getting knocked out or hurt. Which is bad for a bigger and heavier boxer like AJ. Let's wait for wilder/fury 3 then we see who AJ will face should he win usky/AJ part 2
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by 77star: 12:59pm On Sep 26, 2021
shocked
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by odimbannamdi(m): 1:11pm On Sep 26, 2021
wizdomnzube:
Just finished watching this match on my phone and I can say that this AJ can never defeat Tyson Fury with what I just witnessed tonight.

Dude is boring and was outclassed by the smart Usyk.

Please where did you watch it?
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by frog12: 1:51pm On Sep 26, 2021
hahaha. no be AJ dey go war?
he's just there to make money, put OIL on him body and show him face there and here. during the weighting, i suspect AJ go lose to the rugged ukrainian

oluwaahmed:
Nigerians are the worst. Always full of envy. Instead of them to encourage the guy to focus and train harder so he can bounce back, they are laughing at him calling him a fraud someone that has only lost twice. SHAME ON ALL OF YOU. AJ avoid nigerians like a plague (they are never worth it) focus and train harder. It's only two losses. Muhammed Ali lost more than two times in his professional career. Change ur coach. Hire lennox Lewis coach or other renowned American coaches, you are heavyweight champion of the World, not of Britain.
BTW, why is AJ so lean??.
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by frog12: 1:53pm On Sep 26, 2021
hahaha. dem go give am rematch grin grin

omoyankee3:
I feel AJ's fights are staged. He makes more money fighting the same guy twice than fighting him once. So he makes double on each boxer he fights. I bet the rematch will be held in Dubai or one of these oil rich Arab countries.

Everything a na double double
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by lexy2014: 2:20pm On Sep 26, 2021
Afriqan:
I believe his loss had everything to do with his training camp; a pure technical deficit.

It's obvious his coach McCracken can't take him to the next level of his career and he played according to the script all through the fight. If AJ must evolve, he needs to change his coach and reinforce his technical team.

I am emotionless, I am not shocked, but I won't blame AJ much. Usyk outclassed him tonight, 70-30, no cap.

Usyk outclassed Joshua because Joshua didn't even put up a fight. It was a walk over. For a so called champion, that was disappointing. It's either d fight was staged in order to collect make more money for d rematch or Joshua is just a very poor boxer
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by Psalmistproject: 2:24pm On Sep 26, 2021
Reflect7:

Just as you've turned doubly shitty by affiliating your stinky self to Nairaland, a Nigerian forum.

Exactly, can't you see you too are full of shiit!!
Proud to be Nigerian gang indeed!!!!
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by Thatwasepic(m): 2:28pm On Sep 26, 2021
Ijeleigbo:

cheesy cheesy cheesy bro you wicked oh! But never underestimate Anthony Joshua yet. Let's remember hes got power. He only needs to work on his speed and technique. Anthony Joshua might spring up a surprise in the rematch.

He will be afraid now if he go for power he can't last more than 7 rounds unless he knocks usky out .
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by wizdomnzube(m): 2:30pm On Sep 26, 2021
Anakazo22:

Stop talking shit, we must learn how to appreciate our own and stop talking down on them, Joshua has done fantastic in his boxing career, you win some lose some, and in life you can't reign forever. Congrats to Usyk and kudos to Joshua for making Nigeria proud all these years.
Common man, you ain't Joshua's father and I said what I said.

He was boring. Saying that doesn't mean I dont appreciate him. The truth hurts, I know but it still has to be said, so relax.
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by wizdomnzube(m): 2:31pm On Sep 26, 2021
Yungmil:
easy bro its a delay tactics. There will be a rematch of this fight and Joshua collect his properties back, just like he did with Andy Ruiz that fat Mr IBU. I think it will give him more time and name as 3 times heavy weight champ when he collects it back. He can't beat wilder or fury, both will knock him out before round 12(especially wilder), so delay is his best option.
Delay tactics? Well that doesn't look good on his CV does it? He was dominated the entire night by an amateur. I wanted him to win so badly but I was disappointed.
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by wizdomnzube(m): 2:33pm On Sep 26, 2021
KosiGee:

I disagree on that part of him not being good and lucky.

Anthony Joshua is a good boxer but something isn’t quite ok with him lately.
Maybe it has to do with his mentality, training, team and tactics.

He was stiff, inhibited, unadaptable, lethargic and uninspiring.
He fought same way, same tactics from round one to the last round.
He had solid jabs and hooks but for every successful jab to Usyk’s face, Usyk replied and countered with punches that rocked Joshua. Not sure if Joshua was scared of him or just sticking to a game plan. Every time Joshua catches Usyk with good punches, he never follow them up angry angry it was agonising watching Usyk move back and recover quickly.

This is not the Joshua that beat Klitschko and Dillian Whyte.

Joshua is a solid guy and I always imagine him unleashing the beast in him. If he does that, he’d be unstoppable. The Joshua that fought Ruiz is a sissy version of the original guy that beat Klitschko.
He hasn’t changed…even the second fight against Ruiz was not good enough. He fought like an amateur.
Only him know what’s going on with him.

You can’t have that all diet, trainings and still lack the fight, fury, energy, stamina, endurance, flexibility and killer instincts.

He is strong but that strength hasn’t shown. He is young but even his youth wasn’t evident when he fought last night.

Oleksandr Usyk on the other hand is just 34 but looks like a 40 something, nearly 50 year old guy with the body of some trouble maker who spend all his time in the pub drinking and getting involved in brawls…but he was ferocious, aggressive, brave and full of energy.
He was indeed stiff like he's body, most especially his hands were too heavy for him.

I really cheered for him but I was disappointed. He needs a good trainer seems like he's outgrown he's current trainer.
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by lexy2014: 2:34pm On Sep 26, 2021
davodyguy:

You just shut up.

The guy claimed he came to Nigeria to prostrate and there's nothing anywhere to show he was in Nigeria to prostrate.

Show the his image doing so in the country called Nigeria.

You jump into an argument and start talking trash.

Whether he prostrated is not the issue.. The claim I am countering is that he took a flight from UK to Nigeria then met Buhari either in Lagos or Aso Rock to prostrate.

Show me the image in Nigeria

Is this d image?

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by wizdomnzube(m): 2:35pm On Sep 26, 2021
Beetwaise:

Thanks for the info
No biggie, bro
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by wizdomnzube(m): 2:36pm On Sep 26, 2021
ttmacoy:
Usyk is not a rookie. He was Olympic gold medal winner, undisputed cruiserweight champ before moving up to heavyweight and even before the fight I said here on normal and that he way more skilled and has more stamina than Aj so Aj has to win by KO early to have a chance.

Well compared to Joshua, he's indeed a rookie. He just made a name for himself right now and I'm happy for him.
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by wizdomnzube(m): 2:37pm On Sep 26, 2021
Lightorder:
my wife would bear me witness. TF scares me o. I know that savage more than Aj
cheesy Tyson Fury na beast, no joke.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by wizdomnzube(m): 2:38pm On Sep 26, 2021
etinanguy:

Please can u attach the app logo here for me, because a lot of apps carry that name but with different logo.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by wizdomnzube(m): 2:40pm On Sep 26, 2021
byrron:

I figured this out after he lost to Ruiz and then danced around on his rematch with Ruiz. Any Boxer that is a brawler will beat AJ.
I'm a huge fan of his because of his humble demeanour but very cautiously optimistic whenever he fights.
He couldn't even breath anymore after the last round. He was pummeled by Usyk. I was shocked because I expected AJ to beat the hell outta that guy.

AJ seems to be more of a celebrity boxer than an actual boxer
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by wizdomnzube(m): 2:41pm On Sep 26, 2021
hibeebeeking:
.An should retire from boxing.He is too boring in the ring. He has done his best. He should leave when the ovation is laudest. I don't think he can withstand mike tyson 30 second.
Hahaha common bro, Mime Tyson?? You wan kill our brother? Na Six feet oh with just one bunch from Tyson grin

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by wizdomnzube(m): 2:42pm On Sep 26, 2021
chronique:

He is not overrated. He just lacks confidence lately. You need to see the fight with klitscho. AJ is no longer that fiery fighter. He needs a change of plan.
More like a change of Trainer abi na coach. He level don pass this he current trainer.
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by wizdomnzube(m): 2:43pm On Sep 26, 2021
franchasng:
His performance tonight was really disappointing from the start. As if he wasn't ready for the match.

My candid suggestion to him is to retire now and go into showbiz promotion like his American counterpart
On point. Because he rep don dey drop alot lately. Small small boys just dey beat am lately. Wetin go con happen if he fight the likes of Fury and Wilder
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by Upton: 3:00pm On Sep 26, 2021
Yungmil:
easy bro its a delay tactics. There will be a rematch of this fight and Joshua collect his properties back, just like he did with Andy Ruiz that fat Mr IBU. I think it will give him more time and name as 3 times heavy weight champ when he collects it back. He can't beat wilder or fury so delay is his best option. Our thought

From what I saw yesterday, Usyk will smash him again if there's a rematch. Joshua has a lot to do if he's going to claim his titles back from Usyk. Let see what happens though
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by Nobody: 3:05pm On Sep 26, 2021
wizdomnzube:
He couldn't even breath anymore after the last round. He was pummeled by Usyk. I was shocked because I expected AJ to beat the hell outta that guy.

AJ seems to be more of a celebrity boxer than an actual boxer

He is a very technical boxer which is what has carried him this far. AJ should maintain a jab and run around the ring approach and then win by points but getting on the inside to brawl will always gas him out and he can't take punches on his head because he easily gets disoriented when a punch lands on his head which only occurs when he goes in to brawl when he knows that he is not a brawler.

He has done so well for himself as a boxer.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

FIFA And CAF Investigating Nigeria-zambia Match In Uyo / Samuel Eto’o Involved In Car Accident In Cameroon, Suffers Head Injury / Tijani Babangida Marries Maryam Waziri (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.