Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:49 AM

Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision - Sports (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision (63155 Views)

Anthony Joshua Lost To Oleksandr Usyk By Split Decision / Anthony Joshua Regains His Heavyweight Titles! Joshua wins by unanimous decision / Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by acemiliano(m): 8:17am On Sep 26, 2021
The match was outright fixed match,Simple!!
AJ will come back to collect his belts back.
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by Bestbeelieve: 8:17am On Sep 26, 2021
Upton:
He was beaten like he stole in the market.. lol

AJ should pls go and retire ode!
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by Nobody: 8:17am On Sep 26, 2021
Yungmil:
easy bro its a delay tactics. There will be a rematch of this fight and Joshua collect his properties back, just like he did with Andy Ruiz that fat Mr IBU. I think it will give him more time and name as 3 times heavy weight champ when he collects it back. He can't beat wilder or fury, both will knock him out before round 12(especially wilder), so delay is his best option.

No offence bro, but it's better to face your football and leave boxing comments to those who truly understand the sport.

There is no 'delay tactics' in getting beat up like an amateur by a smaller fighter like Usyk from a lighter category. It's pure disgrace to AJ's CV coupled with his previous loss to Ruiz, not what you're thinking.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by Seun360(m): 8:20am On Sep 26, 2021
RedEnergy:
Usyk won't get past 6 rounds before he gets KO'd by Wilder, Fury might do it in 5 rounds, and Andy Ruiz will definitely knock Usyk out too.

Ok then, till then. And I will surely remind you.
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by iJhoe(m): 8:22am On Sep 26, 2021
[quote author=Afriqan post=106179532]

No offence bro, but it's better to face your football and leave boxing comments to those who truly understand the sport.

There is no 'delay tactics' in getting beat up like an amateur by a smaller fighter like Usyk from a lighter category. It's pure disgrace to AJ's CV coupled with his previous loss to Ruiz, not what you're thinking.[/quote

Allow me to quote you by asking you a simple question. Do you live up to expectations at all times?
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by Anakazo22: 8:28am On Sep 26, 2021
Pidginwhisper:
You’re seriously mad that you have no one to tell you. I didn’t stay up all night to watch a terrible and disappointing performance from him, after first 3 rounds, I thought he was just playing around but nothing changed, he was rocked from the beginning to the end. Is he fighting for Nigeria or British? Not everyone will be sentimental like most of you that can’t bottle up your emotions. He’s my favorite and he failed to live upto expectations and just like I’ll hit out at my football club, I’m insisting he’s a bum! You don’t get beating in front of such huge fans at home. If you’re not cool with my assertion then go and die!

People like you can never become anything in life, you have never win a spoon in ur life yet u said someone does not deserve being a champion for many years, keep fooling yourself. Did Joshua become champion by mistake or chance, idiot. Even the likes of Muhammed Ali and Mike Tyson also lost several fights in their career so Joshua is not the first and won't be the last.

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by bimbodotun(m): 8:28am On Sep 26, 2021
Aj was brilliant....adjusted to Usyk during the fight. The game plan he was executing was wrong from the beginning.....Usyk is a brilliant boxer and more technically sound than AJ....while AJ has more power......AJ should have roughen him up with combinations but he was boxing a better boxer. He should have used his power advantage against Usyk. Am sure he will trigger the rematch clause and still lose. Everyone knows Usyk is more skilled. AJ was beaten at his best by a better man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by Thatwasepic(m): 8:34am On Sep 26, 2021
Ijeleigbo:

grin grin grin Seems like you don't know Joshua well. If you do, you would know that he would definitely reactivate the rematch clause.

Then he will be well beaten this time cuz usky is a great p4p

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by Leetika: 8:40am On Sep 26, 2021
Smhaykins:

Send your aza

U dey serious shocked
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by Nobody: 8:47am On Sep 26, 2021
iJhoe:

Allow me to quote you by asking you a simple question. Do you live up to expectations at all times?

Whatever that means, I'll presume you know the answer to that question as the author.

The fight wasn't close at all. Expectations or not, that was an amateurish performance.

You can't really compare boxing to football. Like I said earlier sir, you premiership and la liga people won't understand this sport like us fight fans. wink
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by kazyhm(m): 8:48am On Sep 26, 2021
Eriokanmi:
Same biased comments as ever. What a joke. Since the 80s...peoples opinions on boxing each time a winner lost had always been the same. Only one per cent of comments read here were accurate and apt in terms of who understand the game of boxing and those who do not. I remember the first time mike type was defeated even before his match with Evander Hollyfield, a large number of commentators inside news papers and cable TVs were lashing out at Tyson, forgetting his glorious past and that shows how hostile some who did not like his style or never his fan were.

If boxing was easy, why are the majority of you not going into it? Mike tyson, instead of being praised for his heroic past, he was rather booed. What a joke! AJ cannot be a winner forever and that's the fact the majority of AMATEURS in this thread should understand and take away. Tyson had been defeated in the past and bounced back. I could recall people comparing him with calcious clay ( AKA Muhamed Ali) back then when he received his first defeat, saying Ali would have beaten the guy. The Tyson fury the majority of you are backing with bias, we shall see what happens with his Wilder rematch. I hope you guys wouldn't change your tunes, should AJ also defeat him. Boxing isn't a beer parlour permutations. It's purely a professional and unpredictable game. I expect a rematch soon with this Uktanian guy. Someone here also said after the match that all belts are gone, to describe how much he hates AJ...all belts aren't gone yet. The Ukrainian would only
take a way one. He did well no doubt and that's how boxing is all about . Someone even said out of hate that he knew AJ was a fraud....so all those he beat in the past willingly allowed them to be beaten because they too didn't want to reach to top? I don't get it.

Not just criticizing him or the bout for nothing or out of hatred......no champ forever but the fight should worth the defeat...

Take the case of lenox lewis and rahman.......it was first round win for the rahman but I personally believed lewis was better due to the circumstances under which the match ended.....and the expression on Lewis' face that day kept fan looking forward for a rematch

And the rematch was a bomb as expected

The rematch of AJ and Ruiz is nothing spectacular and the rematch of this won't be any different.....it wont be interesting.

Even if you take the fury and Deontey first fight, there are many thing to analyze from both ends......not to talk about their rematch which of course reveal the technical sagacity of Tyson fury and his team and Deontey stamina was commendable.

I'm disappointed not Because usyk won but he was not resisted as expected from a world champ.
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by DrinkWater10: 8:50am On Sep 26, 2021
2kurupt:

Go and apply at the Neco office of the State where you sat for the exam. I think they usually keep a spare copy.
How about a scenerio where the school one wrote the exams are charging exhirbitant fees to release the original results, can one directly to the Neco office and get it at a more reasonable price?
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by rottennaija(m): 9:01am On Sep 26, 2021
jaystefan:

do you know he changed religion to be a head slammer ?

Changing his religion from looking for imaginary friends in the sky to a head slammer would not have anything to do with the result. I don't think it should.
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by davodyguy: 9:02am On Sep 26, 2021
noble2faith:

Alaye! Just go siddon For one corner. No dey argue blindly! I can beat my chest sey you no Google search the thing. E dey on net Wella.
You are just as lazy as AJ to search the thing.
You just shut up.

The guy claimed he came to Nigeria to prostrate and there's nothing anywhere to show he was in Nigeria to prostrate.

Show the his image doing so in the country called Nigeria.

You jump into an argument and start talking trash.

Whether he prostrated is not the issue.. The claim I am countering is that he took a flight from UK to Nigeria then met Buhari either in Lagos or Aso Rock to prostrate.

Show me the image in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by Voltariane: 9:05am On Sep 26, 2021
Aj no p. You lose you lose. All them wey they bad mouth your lost be the same people wey them sweet mouth your win. I know say come another day you go make naija proud again. I hail oo
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by Decryptor(m): 9:05am On Sep 26, 2021
patriotic007:
The day Joshua prostrated to buhari was the day he ended his boxing career.....take that to the bank

Plus when he started shouting about being Yoruba and eating Amala plus identifying with the most sluggish network Glo

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by Eriokanmi: 9:06am On Sep 26, 2021
kazyhm:

Not just criticizing him or the bout for nothing or out of hatred......no champ forever but the fight should worth the defeat...

Take the case of lenox lewis and rahman.......it was first round win for the rahman but I personally believed lewis was better due to the circumstances of just loss..

And the rematch was a bomb as expected

The rematch of AJ and Ruiz is nothing spectacular and the rematch of this won't be any different.....it wont be interesting.

Even if you take the fury and Deontey first fight, there are many thing to analyze from both ends......not to talk about their rematch which of course reveal the technical sagacity of Tyson fury and his team and Deontey stamina was commendable.

I'm disappointed not Because usyk won but he was not resisted as expected from a world champ.
To be candid, it looked more of a fixed match to me, just to make money by promoters in my opinion. He wasn't resisting some jabs and each jabs thrown at Usyk was always thunderous. Another point to back my opinion...the Uktanian Usyk's arrangement with AJ came up all of a sudden. We were all expecting an AJ/Fury match. Anyway, let's see what happens in the rematch
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by oluwaahmed: 9:18am On Sep 26, 2021
GeneralPula:

Biafrans, not Nigerians..

Get lost!
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by bablon20(m): 9:27am On Sep 26, 2021
This is what happen when a boxer wears white rainboot into a boxing ring to fight. Sorry for the loss AJ.
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by descartes400: 9:27am On Sep 26, 2021
He is not aggressively violent as a boxer in the boxing ring...be fighting like a deeper life brother..throwing feather punches like a stuttering fan of a man diesel engine that's refusing to start. angry
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by Eriokanmi: 9:41am On Sep 26, 2021
patriotic007:
The day Joshua prostrated to buhari was the day he ended his boxing career.....take that to the bank
grin grin See as laff wan pull-out my belle
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by kazyhm(m): 9:45am On Sep 26, 2021
Eriokanmi:
To be candid, it looked more of a fixed match to me, just to make money by promoters. The Uktanian Usyk's arrangement with AJ came up all of a sudden. We were all expecting an AJ/Fury match. Anyway, let's see what happens in the rematch

I don't believe anyone can fix a mandatory fight.......in fact, AJ can't pre-arranged a match and be beating to such extent.....he gassed out and couldn't stand on his feet.....while his opponent appeared to be ready for another 5 rounds.

Usyk is undefeated in his previous category, he has what it takes to be champ

I've analyzed usyk precious bouts and understand his tactic and approaches, I believed AJ coaching team did the same before preparing AJ for the fight.

And sadly, we couldn't see any tactic on the part of AJ but Usyk defeated him with his same old tactics.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by Dcaliphate(m): 9:59am On Sep 26, 2021
Afriqan:
I believe his loss had everything to do with his training camp; a pure technical deficit.

It's obvious his coach McCracken can't take him to the next level of his career and he played according to the script all through the fight. If AJ must evolve, he needs to change his coach and reinforce his technical team.

I am emotionless, I am not shocked, but I won't blame AJ much. Usyk outclassed him tonight, 70-30, no cap.
Well put. Good observation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by Eriokanmi: 10:05am On Sep 26, 2021
kazyhm:

I don't believe anyone can fix a mandatory fight.......in fact, AJ can't pre-arranged a match and be beating to such extent.....he gassed out and couldn't stand on his fit.....while his opponent appeared to be ready for another 5 rounds.

Usyk is undefeated in his previous category, he has what it takes to be champ

I've analyzed usyk precious bouts and know his tactic and approaches, I believed AJ coaching team did the same before preparing AJ for the fight.

And sadly, we couldn't see any tactic on the part of AJ but Usyk defeated him with his same old tactics.
I'm a lover of boxing from the days of Calcius Clay ( Mohammed Alli) . Match fixing in boxing is as old as man and dates back to1920s. The rematch will confirm my claim.
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by kazyhm(m): 10:13am On Sep 26, 2021
Eriokanmi:
I'm a lover of boxing from the days of Calcius Clay ( Mohammed Alli) . Match fixing in boxing is as old as man and dates back to1920s. The rematch will confirm my claim.

I'm boxing fan.....I will watch amateur fight over champions league final match.

We shall see
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by sammytovic(m): 10:18am On Sep 26, 2021
Eriokanmi:
Same biased comments as ever. What a joke. Since the 80s...peoples opinions on boxing each time a winner lost had always been the same. Only one per cent of comments read here were accurate and apt in terms of who understand the game of boxing and those who do not. I remember the first time mike type was defeated even before his match with Evander Hollyfield, a large number of commentators inside news papers and cable TVs were lashing out at Tyson, forgetting his glorious past and that shows how hostile some who did not like his style or never his fan were.

If boxing was easy, why are the majority of you not going into it? Mike tyson, instead of being praised for his heroic past, he was rather booed. What a joke! AJ cannot be a winner forever and that's the fact the majority of AMATEURS in this thread should understand and take away. Tyson had been defeated in the past and bounced back. I could recall people comparing him with calcious clay ( AKA Muhamed Ali) back then when he received his first defeat, saying Ali would have beaten the guy. The Tyson fury the majority of you are backing with bias, we shall see what happens with his Wilder rematch. I hope you guys wouldn't change your tunes, should AJ also defeat him. Boxing isn't a beer parlour permutations. It's purely a professional and unpredictable game. I expect a rematch soon with this Uktanian guy. Someone here also said after the match that all belts are gone, to describe how much he hates AJ...all belts aren't gone yet. The Ukrainian would only
take a way one. He did well no doubt and that's how boxing is all about . Someone even said out of hate that he knew AJ was a fraud....so all those he beat in the past willingly allowed them to be beaten because they too didn't want to reach to top? I don't get it.
Is either you are a boxing casual or you're talking sentimentally.The Ukrainian guy has all the major belts except WBC which is currently held by Fury. I'm sorry to say this, there may not be room for rematch. I'm seeing another unification bout between Joe Joyce (WBO mandatory Challenger) and Usyk.
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by iJhoe(m): 10:20am On Sep 26, 2021
Afriqan:

Whatever that means, I'll presume you know the answer to that question as the author.

The fight wasn't close at all. Expectations or not, that was an amateurish performance.

You can't really compare boxing to football. Like I said earlier sir, you premiership and la liga people won't understand this sport like us fight fans. wink

Amateurish performance i'd say you're 100℅ correct, but we might just don't know what's set the undertone for this match. We are just aware of his energy before now and maybe we should just wait for the 2nd match is over before we get to judge.

Sometimes, rabid optimists have sad days and gloomy pessimists have sunny days. What could have killed Aj's morale is what I simply don't understand. He sure gonna come back, it is a matter of importance to him than even the criticisms he is aware and unaware of

I'm no la liga & Premiership fan alone. I'm a big fan of boxing sport too cool
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by 2kurupt(m): 10:24am On Sep 26, 2021
DrinkWater10:

How about a scenerio where the school one wrote the exams are charging exhirbitant fees to release the original results, can one directly to the Neco office and get it at a more reasonable price?
That I can't say. But why not give it a try?

On a second thought most schools only issue out a statement of result, with which you'll still have to head to NECO office to acquire the actual certificate after some years.

In my own case, I used the statement of result until my NYSC clearance period when I was asked to get the original certificate.
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by Glycolite: 10:31am On Sep 26, 2021
Beetwaise:

Thanks for the info

Make use of http://www.hesgoal.com/ to stream every LIVE sport events you want to for FREE,with pure HD quality and no lagging issue.
Football,boxing and many of them.

You're welcome.
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by Yungmil: 10:31am On Sep 26, 2021
OkoyeA1:
I'm a fan of Wilder, yes he can but he doesn't have tactics or defence, just all out attack.

My Top 3
Fury
AJ
Wilder (easily could be 1 if he has defence )
ahhh don't put aj ahead of wilder. Aj can't even past 6 rounds against wilder. Go and rewatch wilder vs fury 1. Aj wouldn't beat that count if wilder hits him with that right like he did with fury.
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by Yungmil: 10:34am On Sep 26, 2021
Pidginwhisper:
I’m just so pained because i want him to have a clean record of Zero defeat. It makes no sense losing a fight and coming back for belt and a Cruiserweight at that. It stinks honestly. So pained bro. I haven’t seen such horribleness performance from that division in a while.
even the greatest Ali lost and regained his heavyweights title 3 times, including other boxing greats in the past.
Re: Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision by sammytovic(m): 10:36am On Sep 26, 2021
adetayoonas:
Folks pls read this. It is all about money. AJ will beat this guy. It's just staged. Presently Anthony Joshua is the 7th richest boxer in the world after Klitscho. A feat he was able to attain after his second match with Ruiz.

In boxing, you have to lose your first match in a duology match if u want to gain more money as a reigning champion in d first match and make boxing more competitive. He can't take his first match serious. He and his crew wants to lose the first match and win the second match if they want to gain more money to become a 3 time champion.
He will become a 3 time champion in their next return match in December or January. If he didn't lose the first time to Ruiz. How will he become a 2 time champion �.

Remember Lennox Lewis was the best in his time and far richer up till date than Holyfield and Mike Tyson who were busy fighting anyhow just to win. Reason why they are trying to raise money at their old age when they are no more buoyant financially as expected.
Boxing is tactical If u want to be more wealthy. Even Mayweather who is the richest boxer and had never lost was tactful in his selection and would retire and come back out of retirement tactfully.
In fact, he has now 'retired' a total of four times. Surprisingly, Mayweather's most recent retirement does contain a hint of legitimacy if you're willing to accept that he has walked away from the sport he's devoted his entire life to at a competitive level.

Till today
Lennox Lewis is a former professional boxer who competed from 1989 to 2003. Lewis is a three-time world heavyweight champion and a two-time lineal champion.

George Foreman is an American former professional boxer who competed from 1969 to 1977 and from 1987 to 1997. Up till now imagine As of 2021, George Foreman’s net worth is roughly $300 million dollars. Big George is the second richest boxer (Arum and buffer are promoters not boxers) despite his retirement after Floyd May weather. He lost some first matches in his few duology fights as a champion. Remember how he lost to Muhammed Ali.
At 1974's “Rumble in the Jungle” in Kinshasha, Zaire, the younger, stronger Foreman suffered a surprising loss to underdog old Muhammad Ali and was forced to relinquish his championship title to the believe of many that it was staged to make more money for both of them.
Many Pacquiao lost some couple of times.
As of 2021, Manny Pacquiao’s net worth is approximately $190 million dollars, making him the 4th richest boxer of all time. Pacquiao had 62 wins but lost 8 times and made a lot of money from come backs.

AJ must not be like Joe Louis. AJ will be like George Foreman who had 81 fights, 76 wins , 5 losses. He loses tactfully when he had to.
Joe Louis has won the most world heavyweight title bouts, with 27 undefeated but u hardly hear his name in history and he is not wealthy as Foreman, Pacquiao and Lennox Lewis who lost or withdraw their belts.
Aj will make more money from his come back victory.
He makes more money than his present rivals.
Anthony Joshua net worth
AJ pocketed upwards of £50million for his vital rematch win over Andy Ruiz Jr in December 2019 – doubling his career earnings to over £100m and putting him among the top earners ever in boxing
defense mechanism why AJ lost. The guy will beat him again in rematch. I hope he's already in hospital.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

FIFA And CAF Investigating Nigeria-zambia Match In Uyo / Photo Of Lionel Messi Receiving Yellow Card / Samuel Eto’o Involved In Car Accident In Cameroon, Suffers Head Injury

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.