Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,801 members, 7,817,316 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

There's A Child Outside Wedlock, But Desire Church Wedding - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / There's A Child Outside Wedlock, But Desire Church Wedding (3203 Views)

Pastor Dad Bonds With Daughter's Son Had Outside Wedlock After Criticizing Her / Single And Be Having Children Outside Wedlock / My Fiance Has A Child Out Of Wedlock. But Kept It A Secret From Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

There's A Child Outside Wedlock, But Desire Church Wedding by Darlingme(f): 10:14am On Sep 26, 2021
What's your take on this.

A friend of mine is preparing for her marraiage. She's planning on having a church wedding as well. But the issue is, they had a child together outside wedlock from their University days. ( About 5yrs ago), recently, they decided to live together while they aee making preparations for their marriage. They both desire to have a white wedding.

Do you think they are still qualify/ elligible for church wedding? Especially in a Pentecostal church?
What would you advise?
Your suggestion, recommendation, advice is welcome.
Re: There's A Child Outside Wedlock, But Desire Church Wedding by Kwamecron(m): 10:15am On Sep 26, 2021
Give her the honor pls

1 Like

Re: There's A Child Outside Wedlock, But Desire Church Wedding by Foodqueen(f): 12:55pm On Sep 26, 2021
All Churches with their doctrines.

Find out from your church.

2 Likes

Re: There's A Child Outside Wedlock, But Desire Church Wedding by greenie77: 1:03pm On Sep 26, 2021
They should check with the Church they attend but it is a non-issue in the Catholic Church even if you don already born 7 children!

2 Likes

Re: There's A Child Outside Wedlock, But Desire Church Wedding by JovialJune(f): 2:17pm On Sep 26, 2021
Go to catholic church, you will be wed there, in fact, they are known for joining three people as one; man, woman, and fetus.

6 Likes

Re: There's A Child Outside Wedlock, But Desire Church Wedding by wunmi590(m): 2:24pm On Sep 26, 2021

Sure, they are eligible, if they are catholic, but I don't know for other churches....

2 Likes

Re: There's A Child Outside Wedlock, But Desire Church Wedding by Kobojunkie: 2:34pm On Sep 26, 2021
Darlingme:

A friend of mine is preparing for her marraiage. She's planning on having a church wedding as well. But the issue is, they had a child together outside wedlock from their University days. ( About 5yrs ago), recently, they decided to live together while they aee making preparations for their marriage. They both desire to have a white wedding.

Do you think they are still qualify/ elligible for church wedding? Especially in a Pentecostal church?
What would you advise?

If the churches refuse, will your friends also refuse to marry cause of that? undecided

If the Pentecostal church businesses don't accommodate you for their own silly reasons, look for a business out there that will not judge you. undecided

2 Likes

Re: There's A Child Outside Wedlock, But Desire Church Wedding by Bola146(f): 2:49pm On Sep 26, 2021
Re: There's A Child Outside Wedlock, But Desire Church Wedding by Sonnobax15(m): 4:19pm On Sep 26, 2021
lipsrsealed
The good news is that they are about to be married.....Fvck what any church may say undecided. Their peace of mind should be Their utmost priority......

2 Likes

Re: There's A Child Outside Wedlock, But Desire Church Wedding by Darlingme(f): 7:44am On Sep 27, 2021
They're both menbers of living faith church. Yes
Re: There's A Child Outside Wedlock, But Desire Church Wedding by bukatyne(f): 7:53am On Sep 27, 2021
Darlingme:
They're both menbers of living faith church.

Most pentecostal churches would do what is known as vestry wedding or marriage blessing.

They can join/wed/bless them in the Pastor's office with family & friends present.

After that, they can have a reception as big as they want.

They should also talk to their pastor on the options they have.

Goodluck.

2 Likes

Re: There's A Child Outside Wedlock, But Desire Church Wedding by Darlingme(f): 1:35pm On Sep 30, 2021
bukatyne:

Most pentecostal churches would do what is known as vestry wedding or marriage blessing.

They can join/wed/bless them in the Pastor's office with family & friends present.

After that, they can have a reception as big as they want.

They should also talk to their pastor on the options they have.

Goodluck.
Alright. Thank you
Re: There's A Child Outside Wedlock, But Desire Church Wedding by frozen70(f): 2:01pm On Oct 01, 2021
Darlingme:

What would you advise?

There is no problem at all good enough the child outside wedding belongs to both of them

If their church refuses to wed them, let them start going to another church

1 Like

Re: There's A Child Outside Wedlock, But Desire Church Wedding by Darlingme(f): 2:25pm On Oct 02, 2021
frozen70:

There is no problem at all good enough the child outside wedding belongs to both of them

If their church refuses to wed them, let them start going to another church
That's their current decision.
Re: There's A Child Outside Wedlock, But Desire Church Wedding by Richy4(m): 2:51pm On Oct 02, 2021

What is the big deal... It's about time u guys realise that church is not a group of judgemental people but group of imperfect individuals trying to get their acts right...

Too much of doctrine scares people away

Re: There's A Child Outside Wedlock, But Desire Church Wedding by NoToPile: 2:52pm On Oct 02, 2021
The only reason why they might not want to wed them is because they are already living together so it is assumed they are also sleeping together,

It is expected that despite the fact that they have a child already they should not live together till they are joined in holy matrimony since they have decided to get married.

A lot of pentecostal churches won't wed them for this reason except they lie about their current living arrangements.

They should do trad and registry if they don't wed them.
Re: There's A Child Outside Wedlock, But Desire Church Wedding by GboyegaD(m): 2:54pm On Oct 02, 2021
At worst, they can use their resident state interdenominational church. It is usually at the state secretariat.
Re: There's A Child Outside Wedlock, But Desire Church Wedding by Vision101(m): 1:06am On Oct 03, 2021
Winners and RCCG for example will do blessing of marriage. It will be in pastor's office. Questions will be asked whether the man has done the needful.

Reps of both families will be present. No wedding gown and formal service. The pastors will pray for them and bless their marriage. No church wedding certificate will be given but they will be encouraged to get statutory certificate from the government.

The proper doctrine is the biblical bed-undified. If you eat your yam before, it's blessing of marriage you will get.
Re: There's A Child Outside Wedlock, But Desire Church Wedding by Matheusmartin: 7:27am On Oct 03, 2021
Darlingme:

What would you advise?

'Are you sure this friend of mine' is not YOU
: wink

Re: There's A Child Outside Wedlock, But Desire Church Wedding by Darlingme(f): 10:10pm On Oct 03, 2021
Matheusmartin:
'Are you sure this friend of mine' is not YOU
: wink
Even if is me, still not a crime.
Re: There's A Child Outside Wedlock, But Desire Church Wedding by Matheusmartin: 9:51am On Oct 04, 2021
Darlingme:
Even if is me, still not a crime.
Make It clear then so that people can advise your accordingly...

(1) (Reply)

Surrogacy:my Wife Wants Us To Have A Child For Her Sister / You Have Reason To Be Happy This Christmas, Please Come In / Can U Marry A Disabled Guy/lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.