Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,825 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:02 AM

Was Offered A Canada Work Visa & Flight,how Genuine? Please Help. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Was Offered A Canada Work Visa & Flight,how Genuine? Please Help. (2618 Views)

MISSED MY FLIGHT, HOW DO I VALIDATE MY TICKET FOR ANOTHER TRIP? / Poland Work Visa / Arikair Cancelled My Flight. How Do I Get A Refund? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was Offered A Canada Work Visa & Flight,how Genuine? Please Help. by christaddicted: 11:06am On Sep 26, 2021
Guys please help me,
Two months ago,an employer in Canada I met online gave me a job offer to working on site there in Canada. I took the offer after the employer made a mouth watery promise of paying for the visa & flight ticket from the company's account BUT I'll payback the expenditures by deducting certain percent from my weekly salary for few months.

But a recent happening got me confused when my employer's travel agent in Nigeria started asking for 150dollars which is requested from the lady at the Canada visa office as charges. What charges again? This demand came after a-month-of-processing of the visa. I contacted my Canada employer about this development, he said I should go on & pay that he'll refund me with my proof of payment when I get over there. I haven't paid any dime since this started honestly.
Meanwhile, the two documents required from me by my employer are; soft copies of the data page of my international passport & passport photograph only. My employer also told me he paid 3,000dollars for the visa processing under a month and could be refunded if I declare not interested. How possible?

Please experienced Nairalanders, is this a God's given opportunity or scam? Mature response will go a long way helpful please.

Cc:
DisGuy
justwise
joo2018
nahinbdis
verizon007
greeners222
Sam8850
Unusuallove99
barbiee
ICaSNg
davodyguy
justi4jesu
Uzland
Re: Was Offered A Canada Work Visa & Flight,how Genuine? Please Help. by justwise(m): 11:10am On Sep 26, 2021
christaddicted:
Guys please help me,
Two months ago,an employer in Canada I met online gave me a job offer to working on site there in Canada. I took the offer after the employer made a mouth watery promise of paying for the visa & flight ticket from the company's account BUT I'll payback the expenditures by deducting certain percent from my weekly salary for few months.

But a recent happening got me confused when my employer's travel agent in Nigeria started asking for 150dollars which is requested from the lady at the Canada visa office as charges. What charges again? This demand came after a-month-of-processing of the visa. I contacted my Canada employer about this development, he said I should go on & pay that he'll refund me with my proof of payment when I get over there. I haven't paid any dime since this started honestly.
Meanwhile, the two documents required from me by my employer are; soft copies of the data page of my international passport & passport photograph only. My employer also told me he paid 3,000dollars for the visa processing under a month and could be refunded if I declare not interested. How possible?

Please experienced Nairalanders, is this a God's given opportunity or scam? Mature response will go a long way helpful please.

Cc:
DisGuy
justwise
joo2018
nahinbdis
verizon007
greeners222
Sam8850
Unusuallove99
barbiee
ICaSNg
davodyguy
justi4jesu
Uzland

Dude this is a scam, a year old baby should spot this from a far. Stop giving this scums airspace

4 Likes

Re: Was Offered A Canada Work Visa & Flight,how Genuine? Please Help. by christaddicted: 11:13am On Sep 26, 2021
justwise:

Dude this is a scam, a year old baby should spot this from a far. Stop giving this scums airspace

You have my thanks, bro.

1 Like

Re: Was Offered A Canada Work Visa & Flight,how Genuine? Please Help. by Ynix(m): 11:55am On Sep 26, 2021
christaddicted:
Guys please help me,

Cc:
DisGuy
justwise
joo2018
nahinbdis
verizon007
greeners222
Sam8850
Unusuallove99
barbiee
ICaSNg
davodyguy
justi4jesu
Uzland

What was your agreement with the agent.
Usually no payment is to be paid, something is fishy somewhere
Re: Was Offered A Canada Work Visa & Flight,how Genuine? Please Help. by Don1985: 12:14pm On Sep 26, 2021
christaddicted:
Guys please help me,

Cc:
DisGuy
justwise
joo2018
nahinbdis
verizon007
greeners222
Sam8850
Unusuallove99
barbiee
ICaSNg
davodyguy
justi4jesu
Uzland
scam ALERT

2 Likes

Re: Was Offered A Canada Work Visa & Flight,how Genuine? Please Help. by christaddicted: 12:32pm On Sep 26, 2021
Ynix:

What was your agreement with the agent.
Usually no payment is to be paid, something is fishy somewhere

Had no agreement with the agent. The employer; an acclaimed white guy introduced me to him.
You said fishy. Fishy in what sense please?
Re: Was Offered A Canada Work Visa & Flight,how Genuine? Please Help. by Ynix(m): 1:18pm On Sep 26, 2021
christaddicted:

Had no agreement with the agent. The employer; an acclaimed white guy introduced me to the him.
You said fishy. Fishy in what sense please?
scam
Re: Was Offered A Canada Work Visa & Flight,how Genuine? Please Help. by Henix(m): 1:25pm On Sep 26, 2021
Cheap scam

4 Likes

Re: Was Offered A Canada Work Visa & Flight,how Genuine? Please Help. by ednut1(m): 2:06pm On Sep 26, 2021
Scam. Employer that can pay 3k cant pay 150 dols Lol

3 Likes

Re: Was Offered A Canada Work Visa & Flight,how Genuine? Please Help. by christaddicted: 5:15pm On Sep 26, 2021
ednut1:
Scam. Employer that can pay 3k cant pay 150 dols Lol

Na that one scatter my head. The employer come dey bring up excuses of his inability which doesn't make sense.

Me too come dey draft sense sef. Omo i say make I bring the tory here
Re: Was Offered A Canada Work Visa & Flight,how Genuine? Please Help. by All4good: 5:45pm On Sep 26, 2021
christaddicted:
Guys please help me,

Use any Nigerian dialect take cause that your Scamployer make you know whether e no go use god take beg you sharp sharp
Re: Was Offered A Canada Work Visa & Flight,how Genuine? Please Help. by christaddicted: 6:48pm On Sep 26, 2021
All4good:

Use any Nigerian dialect take cause that your Scamployer make you know whether e no go use god take beg you sharp sharp

Lol
Re: Was Offered A Canada Work Visa & Flight,how Genuine? Please Help. by osmosis101(m): 12:24am On Sep 27, 2021
any means of communication with the said person,like video call or something?...know more about him and tell us,u b naija guy na,y u dey talk like dis,na format be dat
Re: Was Offered A Canada Work Visa & Flight,how Genuine? Please Help. by osmosis101(m): 12:24am On Sep 27, 2021
any means of communication with the said person,like video call or something?...know more about him and tell us,u b naija guy na,y u dey talk like dis,na format be dat

Wise up my man
Re: Was Offered A Canada Work Visa & Flight,how Genuine? Please Help. by akus6060(m): 9:05am On Sep 27, 2021
Mehn this format is just too cheap and I believe that a toddler wouldn't even fall for that cheap scam, u mean somebody that has paid $3k can't complete the process by just paying $150? How are u sure that the employer is even in Canada ? Nigerians trying to work on u and after the first payment , other bills will start coming .

2 Likes

Re: Was Offered A Canada Work Visa & Flight,how Genuine? Please Help. by christaddicted: 12:25pm On Sep 30, 2021
osmosis101:

Wise up my man

Just online chat o
Re: Was Offered A Canada Work Visa & Flight,how Genuine? Please Help. by christaddicted: 12:27pm On Sep 30, 2021
akus6060:
Mehn this format is just too cheap and I believe that a toddler wouldn't even fall for that cheap scam, u mean somebody that has paid $3k can't complete the process by just paying $150? How are u sure that the employer is even in Canada ? Nigerians trying to work on u and after the first payment , other bills will start coming .

The sentences in the chat with the employer are wrong wrong english as same as the voice call of the agent. I suspect so.
Re: Was Offered A Canada Work Visa & Flight,how Genuine? Please Help. by Babydaddymateri(m): 8:50pm On Apr 03, 2022
christaddicted:

Na that one scatter my head. The employer come dey bring up excuses of his inability which doesn't make sense.

Me too come dey draft sense sef. Omo i say make I bring the tory here
LWKM grin

(1) (Reply)

Uk Global Talent Visa Application (fashion Design Route) / Air Rwanda- Your Experience. / 6 Reasons Why You Are Denied A U.S. Student Visa In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.