Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,792 members, 7,817,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

Do You Believe In Albert Einstein Theory.??? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do You Believe In Albert Einstein Theory.??? (6383 Views)

My Realistic Pen Drawing Of Albert Einstein / I Have 1 Boyfriend In 4 Years. Why I Don't Believe In Doing Runs - Nigerian Lady / Do You Believe In Love? Nigerians React (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Believe In Albert Einstein Theory.??? by A305: 8:01am On Sep 28, 2021
EMILO2STAY:
majority of his theories are Concocted gibberish with no proof . think about it, he never went to space to measure or detect anything he said about space and till this day non have been proven they are all lies.
I am about to shed tears for you, due to this answer you just posted.

This is so — NOT because, you proud of your ignorance but because, you a result of the dysfunctional education system in Nigeria.

I'm sorry, Nigeria failed you.
Re: Do You Believe In Albert Einstein Theory.??? by Fash20: 8:21am On Sep 28, 2021
siofra:
Einstein also believed in the theory that will explain everything. The theory that will unify all theories. This formula of this theory if discovered will bring about another revolution in science just like his theory of relativity and Newton's laws did.
It is termed the theory of everything by Stephen Hawking.

Einstein is like the Jesus Christ of science.

I think Newton was
Re: Do You Believe In Albert Einstein Theory.??? by bobowaja(m): 11:09am On Sep 28, 2021
Humanoid01:

I was actually talking about a hypothesis, not theory. Sorry, both concepts get twisted to me sometimes.

And no, I didn't “never” study those subjects you mentioned. How could a single misconception make you arrive at such conclusion?
Because that your so called misconception is the basis of science. "Theories" are only in second to "laws". You should have never mixed hypothesis with theories in the first place.
Re: Do You Believe In Albert Einstein Theory.??? by bobowaja(m): 11:24am On Sep 28, 2021
Karleb:

Your usage of FACT gave you out.

We don't use that here. We don't also call theories guess work because they are called theories for a reason.

A theory can become wrong only when you have new set of discoveries that wasn't available when the theory was earlier theorized. Most modifications to wrong theories are like taking the present theories to another level.

Take for example; there was a time atomic theory stated that atom is an indivisible particle of an element. But, modern atomic theory states that an atom can be broken into proton, neutron and electron.

Gbam. Modifications. And his use of facts to replace laws gave him out big time. He erroneously took logics terminology into science.

Though both means same thing sha.
Re: Do You Believe In Albert Einstein Theory.??? by harveyosho1(m): 11:35am On Sep 28, 2021
Beloved3:

Yes it is.

Scientist believe the big bang explosion gave the planets the first nudge of energy that caused them to start spinning, and they have ever remained in motion .

I believe God did.

It is actually an expansion not an explosion from nothing( in quantum physics nothing is not actually nothing per se)
Well scientists don’t BELIEVE theories (science is not a religion where u just believe and have faith) they accept a theory if it answers or explain a phenomenon and can predict other things yet to be observed,but if dat theory fails to predict or explain any phenomenon , then such theory is either discarded or modified
The Big Bang theory is accepted today because it has explained some things but it still has it shortcomings

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Albert Einstein Theory.??? by Athemisia: 11:51am On Sep 28, 2021
GeneralPula:
Einstein is one of the greatest scientist every liveth..

None of his words were wrong..
aswear Einstein is a scientific comedian... He is informative and also funny with the way pass his message.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Albert Einstein Theory.??? by Athemisia: 11:58am On Sep 28, 2021
Beloved3:

No problem.

Einstein actually predicted a fourth dimension which he called space/time.

Meaning there are 4 dimensions not 3.
I think the theory of space bending is what is behind telecommunications devices.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Albert Einstein Theory.??? by Athemisia: 12:06pm On Sep 28, 2021
baralatie:

The fantasy that you can theoretically move from Lagos at 6 p.m and arrive at say new York at 6.02 p.m the same day same year .
Imagine the possibilities
It's happening already no longer a fantasy... Maybe not the way you did expected.
=Telecommunication devices
Re: Do You Believe In Albert Einstein Theory.??? by EMILO2STAY(m): 12:09pm On Sep 28, 2021
A305:
I am about to shed tears for you, due to this answer you just posted.

This is so — NOT because, you proud of your ignorance but because, you a result of the dysfunctional education system in Nigeria.

I'm sorry, Nigeria failed you.
my friend shut up and prove me wrong, you don't use emotions but common sense and fact to make argument. prove me wrong and show me when and how Einstein went to space to see the nonsense he was talking about .
Re: Do You Believe In Albert Einstein Theory.??? by bobowaja(m): 12:22pm On Sep 28, 2021
A305:
This is very correct. And Earth has about 9% gravity. Mars 30% gravity.
I see you capping nonsense since with confidence. Correcting people like you are some sort of authority when actually, you know thing.

There is nothing like % when it comes to gravity. Gravity is measure in g and the value of earth's gravity is 9.8g (approximately 10g can be use at times) which opposes the 9% you ignorantly used for it. Then again, Mars gravity is about 1/3 of earth's gravity so I don't know where you see the 30% jargons u re capping.

I hate miseducation. If you don't know something. Shut up!

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Albert Einstein Theory.??? by bobowaja(m): 12:29pm On Sep 28, 2021
A305:
You explaination pertaining to Earth is the affirmation of Earth 9% gravity.

Mars has 30% gravity, this is why Gravity on Mars is slower than on Earth.
How u manage to mix ignorance with confidence baffles me
Re: Do You Believe In Albert Einstein Theory.??? by bobowaja(m): 12:36pm On Sep 28, 2021
Athemisia:

I think the theory of space bending is what is behind telecommunications devices.
Thanks for pointing this out. But our words are abstract (sounds). If there is a technology that can transmit concrete objects that way.... Omo! E be things.
Re: Do You Believe In Albert Einstein Theory.??? by baralatie(m): 2:45pm On Sep 28, 2021
Athemisia:

It's happening already no longer a fantasy... Maybe not the way you did expected.
= Telecommunication devices
Now imagine this!
Humans are able to do it with human beings,animals etc
Re: Do You Believe In Albert Einstein Theory.??? by Alusiizizi(m): 2:52pm On Sep 28, 2021
baralatie:

Wormholes are theoritcally proven to exist Ina complex series of mathematics!
But only a part

The other part that will complete the wormhole to allow us to walk in spacetime is unknown

That is incorrect. Wormholes currently is mathematical fiction and not a bit of evidence is available to support their existence. Wormholes require negative energy to be sustained otherwise they pinch off almost as soon as they are formed. To see why wormholes destroy themselves, it is important to understand best how wormholes are able to perform their most noted work, which is time travel. Consider two points in space-time, A and B, send a bundle of light rays, each ray slightly separated from the other by very tiny spatial angles. There are 2 possibilities to consider in this picture for the general, curved space-time:

1) Only one ray out of those bundles of light ray make it to point B.
2) More than one(or as the case may be all) of the bundle make it to point B.

The first possibility happens to be in the universe that we live in. The null bundles will always spread away from each other. Such is the result that was obtained by the Indian scientist Bose Raychaudhuri. This result is known as Positive Energy Condition which states that as long as the stress-energy tensor in a given area of space-time is positive-definite, null bundles will always spread, as parameterized by the expansion part of the Riemmann tensor.

The second picture would be possible in a universe that contains negative energy.

To get some intuition into this most important result consider the following result from special relativity: Time travel is always possible with super-luminal(faster than light) travel, in fact, it is always possible to find an inertial reference frame in which a time traveler is travelling faster than light(Unfortunately this assertion will just have to be accepted here as I haven't the time or patience to articulate more in this otherwise interesting thread). Now going back to our bundle of light rays, if it were possible for more than 1 of those rays to intersect point B, then it will be possible that one ray of light takes more time to reach B than another ray of light, therefore it will be possible to find one observer in his local inertial frame in the locale one of those bundles observing another inertial observer(in the locale of the other ray that intersect at B) travelling at super-luminal speed, and therefore time-travel will be possible.

A wormhole is just one device that allows for converging null bundles, and therefore by our rational can be used to travel through time, the trouble(even from the classical point of view) is that worm-holes will require an impossible amount of energy to sustain(since null bundles spreads due to the positive energy condition, while the worm-hole acts to converge null bundles and therefore requires (unobtainable)energy), and therefore will pinch off as soon as it is formed. Now negative energy is not terribly alien quantity in physics(in fact many results in quantum field theory, for example Hawking radiation) require it, the trouble is that negative energy is elusive, it, results from semi-classical gravity seem to suggest that they always live beyond the observers event horizon(unreachable).
Re: Do You Believe In Albert Einstein Theory.??? by baralatie(m): 3:08pm On Sep 28, 2021
Alusiizizi:

That is incorrect. Wormholes currently is mathematical fiction and not a bit of evidence is available to support their existence. Wormholes require negative energy to be sustained otherwise they pinch off almost as soon as they are formed. To see why wormholes destroy themselves, it is important to understand best how wormholes are able to perform their most noted work, which is time travel. Consider two points in space-time, A and B, send a bundle of light rays, each ray slightly separated from the other by very tiny spatial angles. There are 2 possibilities to consider in this picture for the general, curved space-time:

1) Only one ray out of those bundles of light ray make it to point B.
2) More than one(or as the case may be all) of the bundle make it to point B.

The first possibility happens to be in the universe that we live in. The null bundles will always spread away from each other. Such is the result that was obtained by the Indian scientist Bose Raychaudhuri. This result is known as Positive Energy Condition which states that as long as the stress-energy tensor in a given area of space-time is positive-definite, null bundles will always spread, as parameterized by the expansion part of the Riemmann tensor.

The second picture would be possible in a universe that contains negative energy.

To get some intuition into this most important result consider the following result from special relativity: Time travel is always possible with super-luminal(faster than light) travel, in fact, it is always possible to find an inertial reference frame in which a time traveler is travelling faster than light(Unfortunately this assertion will just have to be accepted here as I haven't the time or patience to articulate more in this otherwise interesting thread). Now going back to our bundle of light rays, if it were possible for more than 1 of those rays to intersect point B, then it will be possible that one ray of light takes more time to reach B than another ray of light, therefore it will be possible to find one observer in his local inertial frame in the locale one of those bundles observing another inertial observer(in the locale of the other ray that intersect at B) travelling at super-luminal speed, and therefore time-travel will be possible.

A wormhole is just one device that allows for converging null bundles, and therefore by our rational can be used to travel through time, the trouble(even from the classical point of view) is that worm-holes will require an impossible amount of energy to sustain(since null bundles spreads due to the positive energy condition, while the worm-hole acts to converge null bundles and therefore requires (unobtainable)energy), and therefore will pinch off as soon as it is formed. Now negative energy is not terribly alien quantity in physics(in fact many results in quantum field theory, for example Hawking radiation) require it, the trouble is that negative energy is elusive, it, results from semi-classical gravity seem to suggest that they always live beyond the observers event horizon(unreachable).
You are affirming what I wrote !
Wormhole has a mathematical expression which suggests it's existence but only a part of it's structure is known.
The other part that will require one to move in spacetime from a point a to a point b(by connecting two wormholes to form a tube) is unknown!
This is largely because of new concepts that we have little knowledge about, technologies required to bring them into existence and the true mathematical expression necessary!
If we get there(Only God knows how and when).then we are completely in a new genre of knowledge!
Re: Do You Believe In Albert Einstein Theory.??? by Tickles001(m): 5:01pm On Sep 28, 2021
A305:
You truly mixing things up. And i don't want to make this seem like a back and forth argument because that fact(s) is scattered right here on the internet.

I take lessons from Neil Dygress Tyson and Prof Lawrence Krauss, so I will not argue what i know and spend more time still learning.

If you say your answer right over mine — then you right, but your answer won't change the objective fact of knowledge.

Astronomy and physics are so fun to learn and same time humbling that they changed my world view from being Atheist to Agnotic.

And by the way:

We know the other 3 dimensions, just study harder to figure it out yourself.

Oh. I see I've been conversing with Einstein himself. I would also not want to continue conversations on this particular aspect, because it appears we both can't agree.
And I didn't number the dimensions, and didn't know where you got the 3 quoted.
I think you should read more carefully even as you study all the things you claim. Maybe that would help.
Re: Do You Believe In Albert Einstein Theory.??? by Tickles001(m): 5:04pm On Sep 28, 2021
A305:
You explaination pertaining to Earth is the affirmation of Earth 9% gravity.

Mars has 30% gravity, this is why Gravity on Mars is slower than on Earth.

Umm. Make me understand please. Does it mean I've been wrong thinking earth has a stronger gravity than Mars?
Re: Do You Believe In Albert Einstein Theory.??? by Anobella: 6:42pm On Sep 28, 2021
Alusiizizi:

It is a matter of fact that **space-time** is expanding. More than 100 years after Albert Einstein published his General Theory of Relativity, not a single experimental test has contradicted his predictions. That being mentioned, the issue of cosmic expansion stands special:

The original field equations as published by Albert Einstein are G_uv=8*pi*gr^2/c^4*T_uv, where G_uv is the Einstein tensor composed of metric tensor components(up to their second derivatives), T_uv is the stress energy tensor, gr is the Newton gravitational constant and c is the speed of light. Now after the publication of this equation, Einstein realized that his theory could not possibly admit a static universe(which was believed to be the kind of universe that we live in by virtually all physicists of his time), so to his original equation Einstein added what he referred to as a cosmological constant(Lambda) thus making the amended equation G_uv=8*pi*g^2/c^4*T_uv+Lambda*g_uv, where g_uv is the metric tensor, but even this equation had issues, because it would mean that the static universe was impossibly unstable, even the slightest perturbation would make the universe non-static. It was when Edwin Hubble observed with a telescope that the universe was not static but was in fact expanding that Einstein discarded his "cosmological" constant, referring to it as the "greatest blunder in his life".

Now about 30 years ago, we have come to revisit this cosmological constant, the reason for this being the experimental observation that the universe was not only expanding but accelerating, which means that the cosmological constant that now appears in the modern form of Einstein's field equations is used not to account for a static universe(since we now know definitely that this is not the case), but for cosmic acceleration. Why the universe is accelerating is still an unsolved puzzle in physics today.

To answer your original question, the Einstein field equations is a remarkably physically consistent theory of gravitation that has yet to be falsified, and the only question that remains is the physical origin of cosmic acceleration.

I need you to you to understand this if I said that space is expanding and it's sitting n an imaginary 3 or 4 dimensions then the distance if the sun to earth should increase the angle at which the sun is should also change
Re: Do You Believe In Albert Einstein Theory.??? by DonroxyII: 7:59pm On Sep 28, 2021
Beloved3:

You know Newton described gravitation as a force between two bodies e.g. the Sun and the Earth.

The space bending theory as explained by Einstein is a new way to describe gravity. According to him gravity is not a force.

Imagine two people holding an elastic bedsheet and a heavy metal ball is placed in the middle of the bedsheet. The bedsheet will sag downwards in the middle due to the weight of the metal ball.

And if you put coin on the edge of the sagged bedsheet, it will fall towards the metal ball at the centre.

The stars and planets wrap together to form the space-time blanket. In our solar system, the sun due to its weight has sagged the blanket and all the planets tend to fall towards it, but they are kept from falling due to their speed. Hence they maintain their orbit around the sun.

If any planet stops moving, it will fall towards the sun in the center with speed. Meaning if the earth stops revolving, it will be headed for collision with the sun.

I hope you understand it now. See illustration below; Image of our Galaxy like a blanket.

What is responsible for Earth Revolution and Rotation... is the space/blanket itself spiralling due to Blackhole?
Re: Do You Believe In Albert Einstein Theory.??? by DonroxyII: 8:05pm On Sep 28, 2021
GeneralPula:
Einstein is one of the greatest scientist every liveth..

None of his words were wrong..
This is the reason why Nuclear Apocalypse is quite near .... It only takes one Idiot to trigger and other idiot will follow suits then this Generation will become an History to future Generations (God help Humanity) ... Nature will save the story of our Greatness and tell it to new set of Homo Sapien grin
Re: Do You Believe In Albert Einstein Theory.??? by A305: 8:34pm On Sep 28, 2021
Anobella:

I need you to you to understand this if I said that space is expanding and it's sitting n an imaginary 3 or 4 dimensions then the distance if the sun to earth should increase the angle at which the sun is should also change
No. That's not how this works.

Think of space as inside a "water tank" and the cover of the tank is the beginning of the big bang, Then inside that Tank; we have billions of Galaxies, Billion of Stars (both dead stars and living stars, Billions of planets in each galaxies.

Stay with me bro, because we still inside that same tank.

Now, we human are in the milky way galaxy that house only 8 planets minus pluto, And we live in one of the planet called Earth.

Why is Earth habitable to us human?

The Moon, stars (dead stars) and sun (living star) all makes Earth livable and hence brought forth life in the planet.

Now lets talk on Earth Dimensions.

This quest for this knowledge came about after my senior man, Sir Isaac Newton postulated that Gravity is reaction of a spooky effects from a distance (String Theory), then My BIG Bros Albert Einstein, proved him wrong but NOT all wrong, just on the topic of Gravity — because Newton's law of motion, thermodynamics e.t.c still holds water till today.

But for gravity, My Bros Einstein nor gree with Newton Thoery ooo.

Einstein, proved with his maths that space (the tank aforementioned) has 3 dimensions 1- length, 2- height and 3-space. But there was a problem. The 4th dimension.

After Einstein figured out that light travel at a constant speed and can bend through space. GBAM!!! He figured space was a mere vacuum and that time is nothing but a stubborn illusion. Meaning, there is no such thing as past, present or future. We just exist in that Tank (space) and from the beginning of big bang till this moment is one day, man only invented time to keep track of events.

So therefore out 4th dimension is TIME.

Modified - Einstein called it space time.

I love Einstein's Brain. The Man was a Genius. But Newton was a mad Genius, before Newton Died, he burnt several of his works, Now imangine, if we had access of Newton's equation, how far we would have advanced in science. Newton's equation is the reason we reached the Moon and came back to Earth.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Albert Einstein Theory.??? by A305: 8:43pm On Sep 28, 2021
DonroxyII:
What is responsible for Earth Revolution and Rotation... is the space/blanket itself spiralling due to Blackhole?
The sun gravitational pull is responsible for Earth and other planets rotation and revolution. The moon inclusive.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Albert Einstein Theory.??? by Alusiizizi(m): 10:43am On Sep 29, 2021
baralatie:

You are affirming what I wrote !
Wormhole has a mathematical expression which suggests it's existence but only a part of it's structure is known.
The other part that will require one to move in spacetime from a point a to a point b(by connecting two wormholes to form a tube) is unknown!
This is largely because of new concepts that we have little knowledge about, technologies required to bring them into existence and the true mathematical expression necessary!
If we get there(Only God knows how and when).then we are completely in a new genre of knowledge!

"Wormholes are theoritcally proven to exist Ina complex series of mathematics!"

The above is exactly what you wrote. The above is wrong, regardless of the complexity of mathematics supposedly used to prove existence.
Mathematics is used in physics only to describe a physical phenomenon, no more, no less and it is in fact impossible to use mathematics to
accomplish the feat that you claim has been accomplished.

One perfect example is the very subject of this thread, cosmic expansion as related to the Einstein field equations. For all the successes that Einstein's General Theory of Relativity has scored in it's history, there is one regime where it not only fails as a physical necessity, but the theory itself predicts such a regime of failure and that is near the singularity hidden behind a black hole. In this regime, the Einstein field equations break down. It is hoped that a more comprehensive theory that successfully merges general relativity and quantum field theory will be able to account for the physics that holds in that regime where GR(General Relativity) predicts a singularity.
Re: Do You Believe In Albert Einstein Theory.??? by w1n5t0n(m): 5:39pm On Sep 29, 2021
HellVictorinho:

False

You can't be confused by what you understand
It's a quote attributed to Michael Merrifeld. "If it doesn't confuse you, that really just tells you that you haven't understood it."
Even Schrodinger's Cat was meant to show the contradictory nature of quantum mechanics
Re: Do You Believe In Albert Einstein Theory.??? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Sep 29, 2021
w1n5t0n:

It's a quote attributed to Michael Merrifeld. "If it doesn't confuse you, that really just tells you that you haven't understood it."
Even Schrodinger's Cat was meant to show the contradictory nature of quantum mechanics

Determine the contradictory nature of quantum mechanics
Re: Do You Believe In Albert Einstein Theory.??? by illicit(m): 7:56pm On Sep 29, 2021
Are you guys normal

No offense pls
Re: Do You Believe In Albert Einstein Theory.??? by macdammy(m): 9:00pm On Sep 29, 2021
The5DME:
i don't think anyone on this thread has sufficient knowledge to even 'doubt' Einstein's theories.
Fact!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Have You Ever Been In Love? / I Will Never Marry A Slim Woman! / He Called Me After Two Days Of Wondering....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.