Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,551 members, 7,955,053 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:32 PM

Why Do People Sleep In Public Transport? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Do People Sleep In Public Transport? (16767 Views)

How Many Hours Do You Sleep In A Day? / WHO Advices People To Wear Face-Masks In Public / Coronavirus: Britons Told To Wear Face-masks On Public Transport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Sleep In Public Transport? by ddeola: 5:28am On Sep 28, 2021
Lack of enough sleep. Lagos life na number one culprit make God help us. undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Public Transport? by Jammy2012(m): 5:30am On Sep 28, 2021
grin
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Public Transport? by Fuckingmallam45(m): 5:32am On Sep 28, 2021
Some are stress up, so when they feel a little breeze like this den go just sleep go. Na tiredness Dey cus am
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Public Transport? by wale0911: 5:36am On Sep 28, 2021
See question ooooooo. The funny question even hit FP. Wonderment!!!
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Public Transport? by Dshocker(m): 5:41am On Sep 28, 2021
Sleep is something one can't control and come unintentionally

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Sleep In Public Transport? by RapistOnBail: 5:42am On Sep 28, 2021

Life as a worker in Nigeria is difficult bro.

Those guys sleeping on the bus are no different from slaves.

Let them rest pls. It’s not easy.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Sleep In Public Transport? by Walexy96: 5:42am On Sep 28, 2021
Chronic malaria can cause it.
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Public Transport? by pek(m): 5:44am On Sep 28, 2021
KunleyY19:
It's seems we are running out of questions on NL. Unless you don't reside here in Lagos... The stress and hustling at work is enough to make a grown man fall asleep at any given oppurtunity. Imagine those on the road now going to work dey will reach by 8 or 9 then start work almost immediately. By 5 - 5:30pm again they will start hustling for bus and you expect them not to sleep at the slightest given oppurtunity?
The way you make it sound as if it is absurd for a nairalanders not to live in Lagos.
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Public Transport? by Oluwaseunbandur: 5:50am On Sep 28, 2021
OP NEEDS TO VISIT LAGOS
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Public Transport? by Boyooosa(m): 5:56am On Sep 28, 2021
yuping:
Exhaustion, you don't expect some one that live in Sango and work on highland to be having a good morning or night sleep inside his house, most people wake as early as 4am just to reach work on time and probably reach home very late at night and still prepare things against work maybe get to sleep by 11am or so.

@op, are you okay with this explanation or you need me to add that 'if you have not been able to rest)sleep appropriately over a period of time, you have every tendency to take nap wherever you have the opportunity.. .most especially when u have your relative quiet time. It can even be in the office or anywhere

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Sleep In Public Transport? by Metsolo: 6:00am On Sep 28, 2021
Stress and exhaustion. I sleep almost everyday in a public transport
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Public Transport? by b3llo(m): 6:00am On Sep 28, 2021
I sleep in public transport for two reason 1. Exhaustion 2. To pass time if my destination is far.
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Public Transport? by hope4nigeria(m): 6:04am On Sep 28, 2021
Drone95:
Hello Nlanders, It's baffles me when I see people sleeping deeply inside public transport just 5 to 10 minutes after the car or bus moved.Does it indicate sleep disorder or those people didn't have enough sleep in their home.?
you base in UK, this your question get as e be oh, Nigeria situation can make you sleep working sef

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Sleep In Public Transport? by Tranquility2345: 6:08am On Sep 28, 2021
yuping:
Exhaustion, you don't expect some one that live in Sango and work on highland to be having a good morning or night sleep inside his house, most people wake as early as 4am just to reach work on time and probably reach home very late at night and still prepare things against work maybe get to sleep by 11am or so.

H factor man spotted. No be only highland. Na lowland grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Sleep In Public Transport? by Jeffy1206(m): 6:08am On Sep 28, 2021
What a stu undecided question to ask angry do you know what these people are going through? Or is it now prohibited to sleep in a public transport
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Public Transport? by Tranquility2345: 6:09am On Sep 28, 2021
Metsolo:
Stress and exhaustion. I sleep almost everyday in a public transport

You no dey fear one chance people? Continue sleeping na. Until you wake and find yourself naked inside forest grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Sleep In Public Transport? by Tranquility2345: 6:12am On Sep 28, 2021
Oluolad86:
Sleeping is a nature, when you get tired and you enter a car with good breeze, sleep must come naturally

Sleeping is a nature Please go and pick up a copy of Brighter Grammar ASAP angry

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Sleep In Public Transport? by stabilizer: 6:20am On Sep 28, 2021
It's a sign to identify those who have giving up on life. Check them very well. They are psychologically tired of life. The believe Whatever happens is the fate of the moment. Do you understand?
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Public Transport? by yizastone(m): 6:21am On Sep 28, 2021
I just pass third mainland bridge, I no know when we reach.. Bros this sleep go far... Na must oh 4 city wey we dey. Left home 4.30, got back from work yesternight around 11.50

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Sleep In Public Transport? by IgweBUIKE1(m): 6:23am On Sep 28, 2021
Tiredness
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Public Transport? by femi4: 6:28am On Sep 28, 2021
yuping:
Exhaustion, you don't expect some one that live in Sango and work on highland Island to be having a good morning or night sleep inside his house, most people wake as early as 4am just to reach work on time and probably reach home very late at night and still prepare things against work maybe get to sleep by 11am or so.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Sleep In Public Transport? by cardoso514: 6:34am On Sep 28, 2021
You feel more relaxed.
I missed my bustop one day.
It was trip from Obalende to Alaba hut i slept off when the conductor woke mme up at a place clise to Agbara!!!
What a cool breeze it was!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Sleep In Public Transport? by tesseract: 6:38am On Sep 28, 2021
For Interstate travels, it's not advisable, especially if you're using an unbranded transport company. So that you can at least be aware when you're been kidnapped.
But for places like Lagos where people enjoy suffering, they need the sleep in order to avoid physical, mental and emotional breakdowns.
You can even find a whole brt bus of sleeping passengers on their way to the island.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Sleep In Public Transport? by TOPCRUISE(m): 6:42am On Sep 28, 2021
Drone95:
Hello Nlanders, It's baffles me when I see people sleeping deeply inside public transport just 5 to 10 minutes after the car or bus moved.Does it indicate sleep disorder or those people didn't have enough sleep in their home.?
You asked this question probably because you are a newbie in Lagos or you are not working. Or maybe you are working in Lagos but your place of work is just a stone throw and not several kilometers afar and you don't resume work as early as 8 am. sad

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Sleep In Public Transport? by danny6ix(m): 6:45am On Sep 28, 2021
Fatigue and exhaustion can make one doze off anywhere. It can be anybody.

Ps: I have a two month old bench grinder (filing machine) for sale. It’s still in perfect condition
WhatsApp: 08 170 8833 73
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Public Transport? by jericco1(m): 6:47am On Sep 28, 2021
Bros that's a st*pid question
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Public Transport? by Akojisammy(m): 6:50am On Sep 28, 2021
Eating of food before embarking on any journey is one of the reasons
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Public Transport? by MrHighSea: 7:03am On Sep 28, 2021
Reasons plenty.
Sometimes it's part of the daily plan.
stay awake and finish a task and siesta enroute.
Re: Why Do People Sleep In Public Transport? by BluntTheApostle(m): 7:06am On Sep 28, 2021
Drone95:

I remembered 2008-09 or thereabouts, I was having less than 3 hours sleep everyday because my workplace was far from my house, and the early morning rush was a nightmare.

Damn, I slept in danfo no be small. Even one day when I took okada, I almost fell off while dozing.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Sleep In Public Transport? by GetMeRight: 7:08am On Sep 28, 2021
Drone95:

Stress.
Sleep deprivation during the previous night for some reason.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Sleep In Public Transport? by Junior66(m): 7:14am On Sep 28, 2021
It isn't about stress at all, I have travelled short journeys of about 15 minutes in rural areas and yet some passengers will be asleep in less than 3 minutes. My guess is that the movement of the car added to the breeze blowing past them induces them to sleep, because these same persons would never have slept if they weren't in the car. They wouldn't even sleep if you put them on a comfortable chair or a bed. They wouldn't sleep if the car wasn't moving. Lastly, everything is not Lagos, Lagos is just another state in Nigeria, you guys should stop using Lagos to represent life in the whole country.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Nigerians Climbing Mt Kilimanjaro For Down Syndrome / BUA Purchases 1 Million Doses Of Astrazeneca COVID-19 Vaccines For Nigeria / Where To Buy Natural Garcinia Cambogia Pills In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.