Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,104 members, 7,818,299 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:12 PM

Here Are 4 Essential Things A Man Must Possess Before Marriage. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Here Are 4 Essential Things A Man Must Possess Before Marriage. (31999 Views)

Every Man Must Use Magun On His Wife / What Were Your Concerns Before Marriage And How Did It Turn Out After Marriage? / Things A Typical Nigerian Parent Won't Accept From Western Culture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Here Are 4 Essential Things A Man Must Possess Before Marriage. by OG1BABY(f): 1:23pm On Sep 28, 2021
Okay
Re: Here Are 4 Essential Things A Man Must Possess Before Marriage. by MrHandsome2013: 1:24pm On Sep 28, 2021
radna2:
Who write this thing. Send me your account no. make I bless you because one babe just dey worry my life like this. E come be like witchi witchi. How I go marry person and I never marry myself? She say she love me...but to love dey hard me because I never know where I dey head like this. I dey try balance up. E never really gel like that. Na nice person, but as I never get work even fit rent beta house, my heart lock. The heart no fit fall in love and na me lock am. I no wan hear say I receive billing or make we dey manage.
UNION BANK
Re: Here Are 4 Essential Things A Man Must Possess Before Marriage. by dimmyj(m): 1:25pm On Sep 28, 2021
Noted
Re: Here Are 4 Essential Things A Man Must Possess Before Marriage. by Rilwayne001: 1:27pm On Sep 28, 2021
Marriage is overrated
Re: Here Are 4 Essential Things A Man Must Possess Before Marriage. by Dpundict: 1:28pm On Sep 28, 2021
Plus 7 minutes or 45 mins otherwise! You know the rest, once a hoe always a show grin
Re: Here Are 4 Essential Things A Man Must Possess Before Marriage. by dake40(m): 1:29pm On Sep 28, 2021
TodYamRice:
1. Money
2. More money
3. Again I said money
4. Check 1 - 3 above

Everything is not about money sir.

If it's money and money, Bill gates, Elon musk etc won't be divorced

4 Likes

Re: Here Are 4 Essential Things A Man Must Possess Before Marriage. by lovebird65(m): 1:33pm On Sep 28, 2021
pansophist:
Good point. But the most important of all, that will make a man strife to achieve the op point, is knowing how to love a woman. Lots of men don't know how to love a woman. They love wrongly, and when she is not responding well, it just mess up things. So first of all, fo learn how to love a lady.
you can't love a lady without money bro!!
Re: Here Are 4 Essential Things A Man Must Possess Before Marriage. by vickydevoka(m): 1:33pm On Sep 28, 2021
Larrysung:
Marriage is a phase in a man’s life that comes with a lot of responsibilities and commitment. According to research and recommendations from relationship experts and psychologists, it was revealed that before a man becomes married; it's a necessity that he, first possess certain traits and materials which are essential for the success and continuity of the relationship.

Regarding this article; we shall be examining some of those traits or things a man is supposed to have before considering marriage. Below are some of them.

1. Emotional and mental maturity.

Mental and emotional maturity is a necessary prerequisite that is needed for the smooth running of the union. As a man who intends to get married, you should first ask yourself; if you are capable and ready for the challenges and hurdles marriage brings. As you might know – marriage goes beyond love and mutual feelings, it embraces the whole idea of adjusting to your partner’s terms and exhibiting the desired virtues that will make your relationship a smooth one.

2. A job or steady source of income.

Yes, I know you love her and you are sincere about it; but do you have a job? The continuity of any marriage is not only rooted in love and romance, it involves the availability of financial resources which are needed in settling some challenges.
As a man who desires to get married to probably the woman of his dreams; it then becomes important to know that your love can only be effective when there is money. I am not talking about millions of naira – at least something that can settle food bills, clothing, domestic bills and health care.

3. An apartment.

Most men have reportedly married their wives into their family home which isn’t completely bad – but it is better to have your own apartment before getting married. The reason for this can be traced to the idea of maintaining your self-respect and that of your wife’s, and also to accord yourself some marital privacy.

4. Vision and prospect for the marriage.

It might interest you to know that marriage isn’t an end – rather, it is a means to an end. Marrying your partner for the sole purpose of satisfying your sexual urge or pleasure isn’t completely a good reason to marry. As a man who desires to get married, it becomes important you bear in mind that you are bringing somebody’s daughter into your house, as such; you should have a well-drafted and solid plan for her and the marriage as well. In the absence of no vision before marriage - the relationship might perish.
Abeg waiting Women go possess, bcus most of dem na only pûssy ....
Re: Here Are 4 Essential Things A Man Must Possess Before Marriage. by pansophist(m): 1:36pm On Sep 28, 2021
lovebird65:
you can't love a lady without money bro!!

A better way to put it is that you can't really love a woman with money only. You need more. And in all the components of what it takes to love a woman, money is the least necessary.

1 Like

Re: Here Are 4 Essential Things A Man Must Possess Before Marriage. by Bloomfrancs5(m): 1:38pm On Sep 28, 2021
Marriage these days na something else. undecided

For your logo design, graphic design, vector illustrations, photoshop editing, cartoon portraits(profile pics), video editing, motion graphics animation, and web development, contact me: 0 8 1 6 2 5 8 9 8 7 1 cool

a. Logo design
b. Vector illustration
c. Cartoon portraits (profile pics)
d. CV design

Re: Here Are 4 Essential Things A Man Must Possess Before Marriage. by princewarri1985: 1:38pm On Sep 28, 2021
At the end of the day the woman will still cheat on you so fvck marriage, #NOWIFENOPROBLEM barchelor hood and baby mama sure pass last last
Re: Here Are 4 Essential Things A Man Must Possess Before Marriage. by bigpicture001: 1:42pm On Sep 28, 2021
sheepheart:
Thank you OP and God bless you for this insightful post

U want to. Marry..?
Re: Here Are 4 Essential Things A Man Must Possess Before Marriage. by radna2: 1:43pm On Sep 28, 2021
princewarri1985:
At the end of the day the woman will still cheat on you so fvck marriage, #NOWIFENOPROBLEM barchelor hood and baby mama sure pass last last

Mechionu dia. No dey abuse F-wod. There are people happily married without infidelity. That it didn't work for you does not make it evil.
Re: Here Are 4 Essential Things A Man Must Possess Before Marriage. by Kuaadoo(m): 1:44pm On Sep 28, 2021
This is short & Sweet info. Thanks OP

1 Like

Re: Here Are 4 Essential Things A Man Must Possess Before Marriage. by radna2: 1:48pm On Sep 28, 2021
pansophist:

A better way to put it is that you can't really love a woman with money only. You need more. And in all the components of what it takes to love a woman, money is the least necessary.

You sounded well at the beginning grin but messed it up by saying money is the least. Oya bring ya bombom. A man who can't take care of his household is worst than an infidel. And you need money for that. At least a good source of income. What seem to make a man worst than an infidel does not sound like a least necessity to me.

My thoughts though.
Re: Here Are 4 Essential Things A Man Must Possess Before Marriage. by Nasige(m): 1:51pm On Sep 28, 2021
Larrysung:
Marriage is a phase in a man’s life that comes with a lot of responsibilities and commitment. According to research and recommendations from relationship experts and psychologists, it was revealed that before a man becomes married; it's a necessity that he, first possess certain traits and materials which are essential for the success and continuity of the relationship.

Regarding this article; we shall be examining some of those traits or things a man is supposed to have before considering marriage. Below are some of them.

Mental and emotional maturity is a necessary prerequisite that is needed for the smooth running of the union. As a man who intends to get married, you should first ask yourself; if you are capable and ready for the challenges and hurdles marriage brings. As you might know – marriage goes beyond love and mutual feelings, it embraces the whole idea of adjusting to your partner’s terms and exhibiting the desired virtues that will make your relationship a smooth one.

Yes, I know you love her and you are sincere about it; but do you have a job? The continuity of any marriage is not only rooted in love and romance, it involves the availability of financial resources which are needed in settling some challenges.
As a man who desires to get married to probably the woman of his dreams; it then becomes important to know that your love can only be effective when there is money. I am not talking about millions of naira – at least something that can settle food bills, clothing, domestic bills and health care.

3. An apartment.

Most men have reportedly married their wives into their family home which isn’t completely bad – but it is better to have your own apartment before getting married. The reason for this can be traced to the idea of maintaining your self-respect and that of your wife’s, and also to accord yourself some marital privacy.

It might interest you to know that marriage isn’t an end – rather, it is a means to an end. Marrying your partner for the sole purpose of satisfying your sexual urge or pleasure isn’t completely a good reason to marry. As a man who desires to get married, it becomes important you bear in mind that you are bringing somebody’s daughter into your house, as such; you should have a well-drafted and solid plan for her and the marriage as well. In the absence of no vision before marriage - the relationship might perish.

Your head correct wella, if four of those things mentioned above no dey in place omo you go gat learn am in the hard way to make your marriage work well.
Re: Here Are 4 Essential Things A Man Must Possess Before Marriage. by pansophist(m): 1:55pm On Sep 28, 2021
radna2:

You sounded well at the beginning grin but messed it up by saying money is the least. Oya bring ya bombom. A man who can't take care of his household is worst than an infidel. And you need money for that. At least a good source of income. What seem to make a man worst than an infidel does not sound like a least necessity to me.

My thoughts though.

Hmmm, what you wrote got me thinking.

And by money, it's necessary that I clarify that I was referring to the excessive amount of it. In my view, I believe most women will choose an equally capable millionaire Christiano Ronaldo, than the old billionaire Ned Nwoko.

A man should have money and capable of taking care of his household, that's the base. But most women will choose a man that is equally develop in all areas such as leadership, intellect, empathy, vision, ability to love her etc. Than a guy that has money scatter but lack in the above. Is it cleared now?

You get sense though. Thanks for the engagement ring cool

1 Like

Re: Here Are 4 Essential Things A Man Must Possess Before Marriage. by onunwa21(m): 1:59pm On Sep 28, 2021
Larrysung:

3. An apartment.

Pls include "Brain"
Re: Here Are 4 Essential Things A Man Must Possess Before Marriage. by Orientedenergy(m): 2:05pm On Sep 28, 2021
Am living in my own house , built by my self, and the girl I love so much is still using me to play about marriage. She never ask for money make I say e no dey, yet she won't even allow me meet her people. I dont even know how to dump her. Wetin I fit do o, my people. Make una advice me
Re: Here Are 4 Essential Things A Man Must Possess Before Marriage. by MrNipplesLover(m): 2:20pm On Sep 28, 2021
grin grin grin grin

We wey no want marriage but we have all these in place already, what do we do?

Or what do you call us? grin
Re: Here Are 4 Essential Things A Man Must Possess Before Marriage. by Bamzyriches451: 2:24pm On Sep 28, 2021
Damn
All Nigerian girls should be answering Moneyca
Re: Here Are 4 Essential Things A Man Must Possess Before Marriage. by damoceile: 2:27pm On Sep 28, 2021
Agreed a man should have all these in place before thinking of marriage.
How about the lady, what is she bringing to the marriage?

1 Like

Re: Here Are 4 Essential Things A Man Must Possess Before Marriage. by digitite: 2:30pm On Sep 28, 2021
Larrysung:

3. An apartment.

And spiritual growth
Re: Here Are 4 Essential Things A Man Must Possess Before Marriage. by radna2: 2:32pm On Sep 28, 2021
Orientedenergy:
Am living in my own house , built by my self, and the girl I love so much is still using me to play about marriage. She never ask for money make I say e no dey, yet she won't even allow me meet her people. I dont even know how to dump her. Wetin I fit do o, my people. Make una advice me

Chances are, she has another person in line. So she dey indecisive. Either you or the other guy is a backup plan. Is left for you to be patient and win her over. But if she's not talking about marriage or doesn't seem interested. No waste your time o. Move on...there's no particular girl for any man. Just select your gbese and move on. But still know that this relationship thing requires a lot of patience. If you can endure, patiently wait. But I no get patience cos there's nothing I hate more than wasting my time with someone. I can't be waiting for return of the Messiah and be waiting for one girl.

How to dump her.
Just tell am say you need space to think because you don't know where the relationship is heading. And you need the space because of your mental health and you are drained emotionally. Limit communication.
Lamark law of use and disuse will set in. Cut financial, emotional supply. She go leave you. It won't take long

3 Likes

Re: Here Are 4 Essential Things A Man Must Possess Before Marriage. by radna2: 2:34pm On Sep 28, 2021
MrNipplesLover:
grin grin grin grin

We wey no want marriage but we have all these in place already, what do we do?

Or what do you call us? grin

Give us when wan marry make we settle down now cheesy. Your name no go change

1 Like

Re: Here Are 4 Essential Things A Man Must Possess Before Marriage. by m140(m): 2:39pm On Sep 28, 2021
TodYamRice:
1. Money
2. More money
3. Again I said money
4. Check 1 - 3 above
Like bill gates
Re: Here Are 4 Essential Things A Man Must Possess Before Marriage. by raphy(m): 2:41pm On Sep 28, 2021
Well Stated but some girls will try to use education qualification to choose a man.
Re: Here Are 4 Essential Things A Man Must Possess Before Marriage. by MrNipplesLover(m): 2:49pm On Sep 28, 2021
radna2:

Give us when wan marry make we settle down now cheesy. Your name no go change

Re: Here Are 4 Essential Things A Man Must Possess Before Marriage. by smiliyB(f): 2:56pm On Sep 28, 2021
femi4:
5. Sexual maturity: Especially for ladies, if you don't enjoy sex or not ready to start having sex, don't marry. Don't come into marriage and be telling your husband "shey na food?"
Hahahaha how's this explanation Sexual Maturity... This should be sexual immaturity, not knowing when to pause, only kids do so tongue tongue cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? / American Man Sends Over $100,000 To Wife In Nigeria He’s Never Met / The moment you become a Mrs.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.