Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,313 members, 7,811,933 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:04 AM

How Did You Get Your Nickname??? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Did You Get Your Nickname??? (11112 Views)

How Did You Learn About Nairaland For The First Time? / How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? / How To Make Google Recognize Your Nickname As Artist . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by illicit(m): 6:11pm On Sep 27, 2021
I have never got a real nickname tho because most people even when I was at school often call me by my real name or TP which is a mere abbreviation of my real name just like AY to Ayo but I hear other guys called names that has nothing to do with their christened names like 2bottle, Smart

Wiseguy

Hercules

Romeo

2finger wink

Waya Waya

Terry Dee

T money

Ratty
2men

1313 (Thirteen Thirteen) undecided

Mouth

Beyonce

J fire

Black King

Blac Chyna

Some even use those names on their Facebook, especially young adults

How did u get your Nickname and do you even like it?

Some people call me Honourable but it's not a nickname,. I was a speaker at uni.

I like it when my girl calls me baby, I can dash her my salary tongue
Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by Bigredmachine: 6:17pm On Sep 27, 2021
somebody saw something in me that was big, red and works like a machine... then she said you are a Bigredmachine

27 Likes

Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by Sonnobax15(m): 6:27pm On Sep 27, 2021
cool
Back then in school,my friends used to call me O.B.O..... probably it was because of my foul mouth angry. I never liked that nickname but the more I tried to stop them,the more it even spread,to the extent that people whom I never knew even started calling me by it undecided

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by illicit(m): 7:40pm On Sep 27, 2021
Sonnobax15:
cool
Back then in school,my friends used to call me O.B.O..... probably it was because of my foul mouth angry. I never liked that nickname but the more I tried to stop them,the more it even spread,to the extent that people whom I never knew even started calling me by it undecided

Lol

Yeah that's something about nicknames

The more u fight it, the more it sticks

35 Likes

Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by illicit(m): 7:40pm On Sep 27, 2021
Bigredmachine:
somebody saw something in me that was big, red and works like a machine... then she said you are a Bigredmachine

Could that be your eyes or tongue tongue undecided grin

4 Likes

Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by Bigredmachine: 7:51pm On Sep 27, 2021
illicit:

Could that be your eyes or tongue tongue undecided grin

you are right, its my eyes

5 Likes

Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Sep 27, 2021
lipsrsealed
Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by illicit(m): 8:03pm On Sep 27, 2021
Bigredmachine:

you are right, its my eyes

tongue

1 Like

Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by illicit(m): 8:03pm On Sep 27, 2021
SmellySperm:
lipsrsealed

How did u get this moniker bro, is it ur nickname

6 Likes

Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by Ahmback(m): 8:44pm On Sep 27, 2021
I got "Ahmback" from a certain situation that occured.
A jobless mod banned my first account................over wetin man no know angry angry

6 Likes

Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by gfon(m): 8:46pm On Sep 27, 2021
Hmm them plenty. BULLDOZER(i play defense in football. STALLION(due to my fvcking agility) FISH(my babe been call me that due to the way i swim,both internal&external)

10 Likes

Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by Obeleagu93(m): 8:51pm On Sep 27, 2021
mine was two nicknames as the first is Obeleagu as i was stubborn and an extremist, while the second i adopted the name phoenix, if you have not heard or read about the bird just do so, i love the name phoenix cos it denotes mystery

5 Likes

Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by illicit(m): 9:43pm On Sep 27, 2021
gfon:
Hmm them plenty. BULLDOZER(i play defense in football. STALLION(due to my fvcking agility) FISH(my babe been call me that due to the way i swim,both internal&external)

tongue
Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by illicit(m): 9:44pm On Sep 27, 2021
Obeleagu93:
mine was two nicknames as the first is Obeleagu as i was stubborn and an extremist, while the second i adopted the name phoenix, if you have not heard or read about the bird just do so, i love the name phoenix cos it denotes mystery

Phoenix, that's cool

Extremist like BH shocked

1 Like

Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by Pumpumking: 9:46pm On Sep 27, 2021
illicit:
I have never got a real nickname tho because most people even when I was at school often call me by my real name or TP which is a mere abbreviation of my real name just like AY to Ayo but I hear other guys called names that has nothing to do with their christened names like 2bottle, Smart

Wiseguy

Hercules

Romeo

2finger wink

Waya Waya

Terry Dee

T money

Ratty

Mouth

Beyonce

J fire

Black King

Blac Chyna

Some even use those names on their Facebook

Some people call me Honourable but it's not a nickname,. I was a speaker at uni.

eating puccccccccy is a passsions sir!! cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by illicit(m): 9:56pm On Sep 27, 2021
Pumpumking:

eating puccccccccy is a passsions sir!! cheesy

pucccccccccy is ur nickname ?

LMAO, if so
Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by bigpicture001: 11:00pm On Sep 27, 2021
I grew up with the news and became too interested in news, that way I have an idea on almost everything that there is... My guyz started calling me OGBOLOGBO.

And. Latter shortened it to OGBO!

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by Nobody: 3:10am On Sep 28, 2021
I was tiny(slim) while I was young, my best friend then started calling me EEL as in the snake-like fish in our native tongue. Bro, it stuck for life. I'm way big now but my age-mates still call me that.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by Lilsameey: 3:28am On Sep 28, 2021
I was called many nicknames, but my favorites were Ronaldo, because of my free kick scoring ability, extreme speed, Shot power, No time wasting and eye for goal, less dribbling and long shot ability, Another was Benzema because of my hairstyle then.

7 Likes

Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by Candidlady: 8:57am On Sep 30, 2021
illicit:

Wiseguy

Hercules

Romeo

2finger wink

Waya Waya

Terry Dee

T money

Ratty
2men

1313 (Thirteen Thirteen) undecided

Mouth

Beyonce

J fire

Black King

Blac Chyna

Some even use those names on their Facebook, especially young adults

BABY!! Oya dash me your salary lol

got my nick CANDID Kos am blunt and down to earth like nepa poles

1 Like

Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by Nobody: 9:59am On Sep 30, 2021
My nicknames are just to many. my football team mates called me destroyer, because of my incomparable defense ability, my gym guys call me pull ups, because I can do a 100 pull ups at a go, my boxing guys call me Emanuel Augustus, because I beat my opponents like the drunken master, home friends call me Marcus, as in Marcus from the under world movie, I got dannyrhymes from my jss3 class mates, I was their busta rhyme back then, people from my village call me stone, I was too chubby when I was a toddler, strangers call me tallest or longinus, bobo is 6ft 6inches tall, And lastly ( in lil Wayne's voice) bitçhes call me Buffalo

7 Likes

Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by Spending123: 11:43am On Sep 30, 2021
I got my Nick name after which I bought my third football boot which has an inscription on it "coppa mondel"..... From their coppa mondel took over my real name cos it's always exciting to watch me play and I love the name which am planning to use as a business name in the future...

Modified: Coppa Mondel has taken over my real name in my local football club cos I can Dribble like Hazard and score like Ronaldo(Header, left foot, right foot and over head kick grin grin grin)

Hala Madrid.... wink wink wink

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by Polynek(m): 12:05pm On Sep 30, 2021
My name is STEPHEN, therefore my guys do call me Stevo'o grin

8 Likes

Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by illicit(m): 1:09pm On Sep 30, 2021
Candidlady:

wink cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by illicit(m): 6:30am On Oct 13, 2021
Candidlady:

I wish to dash u o

But u havent reply my DM

1 Like

Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by Redcarpet2011: 10:28am On Oct 17, 2021
Wow.
Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by illicit(m): 8:08am On Feb 18, 2022
Datboredberry
Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by MufasaLion: 8:37am On Feb 18, 2022
kiss
Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by Dreadlock69(m): 9:12am On Feb 18, 2022
Dominion

Dominion movie

Used the name for social app
Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by Nobody: 9:43am On Feb 18, 2022
illicit:
Datboredberry

Lol... I gave myself the name...
Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by Akinb056: 10:01am On Feb 18, 2022
Do you have a car.

Do you have a GPS Tracker installed.

Take advantage of 30k one week promo installation campaign

Live track, shutdown your vehicle, replay destination, quick and responsive app.

WhatsApp :08084662181
Re: How Did You Get Your Nickname??? by ShenTeh(m): 10:02am On Feb 18, 2022
Ahahaha.

I am BTT, My initials. This sticks like glue.

Kokorodudu: I would brag and call myself so when I beat people to their games. My wife likes to call me that, and she likes to refer to herself as Mrs Kokorodudu when she 'cracks a nut'.

Small Time/Small Ghana: My secondary school mates said I look like the Ghanaian tailor who was very popular for his ingenuity but would never complete the job in time. He would always say 'Small time, it will be ready, eh" Although I referred to myself as NakedWire back then, nobody follow me hear that one. Na Small Ghana dem like.

LoL.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Explain Your Year 2023 In One Word! / Lagosians Use Canoes As Floods Hit Lagos (Pictures) / Nddy Is Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.